Smoking is... good?

I've been a nonsmoker my entire life, but after reading this thread i thought i should give it a try.
So i went and bought a pack of Manitou (yellow- not organic + filter but still no additives) to start with.
After 3 days of smoking: I feel a bit dizzy and lightheaded. Today i tried to smoke 2 cigarettes but i had to throw the second one after smoking it to the half away.
So i will go for 1 a day for the next time.

On my research for some brands i stumbled upon this (this site is in German language only, although they ship in some EU-Countrys)
http://www.cigarre24.de/tabak/zigarettentabakvz/yumaorganicdrehtabak30g.php
This is an Brazilian organic-tobacco with no additives and if somebody cares, it is also a Fair Trade product.

Regarding roll papers.
http://www.cigarre24.de/tabakzubehoer/zigarettenpapier/ocb/ocborganichempslim50x32.php
100% Hemp, unbleached.

@ Psyche
I've read that you had smoked dannemann cigarillos. Are cigarillos free of additives? And do you inhale them? I haven't found any information about this.
I would like to try them as well keeping all options open :)

By the way, does somebody know what Laura is smoking? I don't know if she would tell that, because it would be like an huge advertise here on this forum :D

Laurentiu said:
I've been a nonsmoker my entire life, but after reading this thread i thought i should give it a try.
So i went and bought a pack of Manitou (yellow- not organic + filter but still no additives) to start with.
After 3 days of smoking: I feel a bit dizzy and lightheaded. Today i tried to smoke 2 cigarettes but i had to throw the second one after smoking it to the half away.

Same here for me. Tonight I rolled my first one (on a full moon) of organic American Spirit and could only smoke half of it. Got pretty dizzy and lightheaded.

Laurentiu said:

On my research for some brands i stumbled upon this (this site is in German language only, although they ship in some EU-Countrys)
This is an Brazilian organic-tobacco with no additives and if somebody cares, it is also a Fair Trade product.

Regarding roll papers.
http://www.cigarre24.de/tabakzubehoer/zigarettenpapier/ocb/ocborganichempslim50x32.php
100% Hemp, unbleached.

@ Psyche
I've read that you had smoked dannemann cigarillos. Are cigarillos free of additives? And do you inhale them? I haven't found any information about this.

By the way, does somebody know what Laura is smoking? I don't know if she would tell that, because it would be like an huge advertise here on this forum :D

Oh, I love Moods by Danemann. Nice tobacco, I'm inhaling both cigarillos and pipe smoke. Danemann use organic tropical tobacco from Brazil, it's produced via 200 years old recipe and technology (actually no technology at all, everything is done by hand), one of thing notable for this company is their commitment to the old variations of tobacco plants, specific for certain regions of Brazil (that's why they commercialize their motto: from seeds to smoke) .
I'm pipe smoker, but whenever in public I use Moods, because pipe smoke knows to be pretty strong even repulsive for non smokers (and I'm looking silly with the pipe) and Moods have mild smoke aroma.
Since you are smoker beginner, Moods mini cigarillos with long active carbon filter could be nice starter, if they are still to strong for you (feeling dizzy or coughing), try Moods Golden Taste, this is combination of most mildest tropical tobacco with less aroma & nicotine.
Another thing, try not to smoke in the morning, before you eat something and/or before you finish with portion of EE breathing for the morning. Regulate quantity of nicotine, start with low dosages, as much I noticed on my husband, he commenced with smoking 4-5 months ago with 1 mini cigarillos per day and he did not inhale but actually he puffed at first, sometimes he did not smoke for days until he felt urge for nicotine and than he smoke it again. He is increasing his daily doses of nicotine slowly (right now he is on 2-3 ciggies per day), when he is pretty stressed he is smoking more than usually, but I'm doing the same, I guess cigarettes are excellent natural de stress tool, so the best thing is to follow your own body's needs and don't make any pressure on yourself, smoke when you feel like you want to smoke or when you feel you need to smoke, know thyself :).

PS: As much I know Laura is smoking "More" at the moment.

Happy smoking :cool2:

Ljubica, which of these (_http://www.cigarre24.de/zigarillos/zigarilloscd/dannemann/index.php) would you recommend for a strong, additive free natural taste with inhaling?

Ljubica said:
Laurentiu said:

Regarding roll papers.
100% Hemp, unbleached.

@ Psyche

Oh, I love Moods by Danemann. Nice tobacco, I'm inhaling both cigarillos and pipe smoke. Danemann use organic tropical tobacco from Brazil, it's produced via 200 years old recipe and technology (actually no technology at all, everything is done by hand), one of thing notable for this company is their commitment to the old variations of tobacco plants, specific for certain regions of Brazil (that's why they commercialize their motto: from seeds to smoke) .
I'm pipe smoker, but whenever in public I use Moods, because pipe smoke knows to be pretty strong even repulsive for non smokers (and I'm looking silly with the pipe) and Moods have mild smoke aroma.
Since you are smoker beginner, Moods mini cigarillos with long active carbon filter could be nice starter, if they are still to strong for you (feeling dizzy or coughing), try Moods Golden Taste, this is combination of most mildest tropical tobacco with less aroma & nicotine.
Another thing, try not to smoke in the morning, before you eat something and/or before you finish with portion of EE breathing for the morning. Regulate quantity of nicotine, start with low dosages, as much I noticed on my husband, he commenced with smoking 4-5 months ago with 1 mini cigarillos per day and he did not inhale but actually he puffed at first, sometimes he did not smoke for days until he felt urge for nicotine and than he smoke it again. He is increasing his daily doses of nicotine slowly (right now he is on 2-3 ciggies per day), when he is pretty stressed he is smoking more than usually, but I'm doing the same, I guess cigarettes are excellent natural de stress tool, so the best thing is to follow your own body's needs and don't make any pressure on yourself, smoke when you feel like you want to smoke or when you feel you need to smoke, know thyself :).

Thank you Ljubica!
I did not know that Danemann use organic tobacco. That sound pretty good to me and also that they are made by hand, so there is less chance to have other ingredients in the cigarillos (some metal or oil from machines).
I will go for your recommendation and try the one with filter first.

You recommended also smoking in the morning, before eating something. I don't know if my stomach can stand this but i will try this too (want to know my limit's :D ) .

Thank you also for your hint about Laura's brand, but i haven't found any tobacco of this brand which is organic or even free of additives! :huh:

Laurentiu said:
Ljubica said:
Laurentiu said:

Regarding roll papers.
100% Hemp, unbleached.

@ Psyche

Thank you Ljubica!
I did not know that Danemann use organic tobacco. That sound pretty good to me and also that they are made by hand, so there is less chance to have other ingredients in the cigarillos (some metal or oil from machines).
I will go for your recommendation and try the one with filter first.

You recommended also smoking in the morning, before eating something. I don't know if my stomach can stand this but i will try this too (want to know my limit's :D ) .

Thank you also for your hint about Laura's brand, but i haven't found any tobacco of this brand which is organic or even free of additives! :huh:

Hi Laurentiu,

Try not to smoke, before you eat something :), that means; eat something before you smoke, (your body will much easier absorb nicotine when you have something in your belly), sorry, if I confused you, apologies for that once more.
Related to the Moods cigarillos, you never know what could be put in side tobacco during production, but according to my own experience with them and low tech way of production of the same brand and archaic tobacco farming and growing mode, this sounds pretty clean product. The best way is to try and see how you react on it, and to monitor their web page from time to time in the case they switch to mass production or factory production...,...

Ljubica said:

Wow, it makes me want to smoke one :cool2:

I just found this.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20090820/US-FDA-announces-establishment-of-the-Center-for-Tobacco-Products-with-Lawrence-Deyton-as-Center-Director.aspx

and here a small quote from the above article.

Tobacco use kills more than 400,000 Americans each year, sickens millions more and costs the nation $96 billion annually in health care bills. The new law grants the FDA the authority and resources to regulate the manufacturing, marketing and sale of tobacco products. Among other things, it will:

* Restrict tobacco advertising and promotions, especially to children.
* Stop illegal sales of tobacco products to children.
* Ban candy and fruit-flavored cigarettes.
* Require large, graphic health warnings that cover the top half of the front and back of cigarette packs.
* Ban misleading health claims such as "light" and "low-tar." (Note: Sorry but i just want to say LOL!!!)
* Strictly regulate health claims about tobacco products to ensure they are scientifically proven and do not discourage current tobacco users from quitting or encourage new users to start.
* Require tobacco companies to disclose the contents of tobacco products, as well as changes in products and research about their health effects.
* Empower the FDA to require changes in tobacco products, such as the removal or reduction of harmful ingredients or the reduction of nicotine levels.
* Fully fund the FDA's new tobacco-related responsibilities with a user fee on tobacco companies so no resources are taken from the FDA's current work.
More information on the new law can be found at www.tobaccofreekids.org/reports/fda

I can really recommend the last link (tobaccofreekids) to see what they are planing next and to stay up to date.

It seems that they are firing out of every possible hole. They are very desperate.

Here is another small interesting article (although with some disinfo as i find)

The tilte says: Smoking may interfere with alcoholics neurocognitive recovery from abstinence.
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2007/06/26/26900.aspx
nicotine may decrease some of alcohols negative effects on cognition and motor incoordination

Sadly they fail to give some further links to verify the info.

What somehow strikes me is that i haven't seen any countercampaign from the tobacco industry to inform the people of benefits from smoking.
Could it be that a multibillion industry has such a poor lobbying or are they just controled by the PTB?

Stranger said:
Ljubica, which of these (_http://www.cigarre24.de/zigarillos/zigarilloscd/dannemann/index.php) would you recommend for a strong, additive free natural taste with inhaling?

I tried only Moods (regular and golden taste; with and with out filters, with double filter and standard cigarettes). The reason is simple; tobacco for this product is farmed by Dannemann and it's farmers affiliates including Sumatra shade wrapper in 2 regions of Brazil where most of the mildest tropical tobacco is made. That's strongest I can smoke. I tried other brands of cigars and cigarillos and according to my knowledge, classical taste is allways among the strongest, golden taste cigars and cigarillos are always milder and lighter, sweet brands are with enriched aroma and of course due to some natural additives could leave sweet residue in the mouth like when you smoking; (clove cigarettes & cigars) Kretek or Djarum Black or Gudang Garam tobacco products, but sweett aroma could be added via many other additives like honey or other sweet spices or in worst case with chemistry.

I personally, have problem with strong tobacco, I feel pretty dizzy and kind like I gonna be knocked out in a moment, that's me, it doesn't mean you will have the same issues :). BTW, I noticed when I'm having lower blood pressure, I need milder tobacco, after stronger meal, I like to smoke stronger tobacco, in the evening before sleeping again I like more milder tobacco, so it's according to needs and preferences; De gustibus non est disputandum.....,...

Perhaps other members on the forum know more about other Dannemann products.

what's your fav pipe tobacco that never leaves you disappointed?
[/quote]

As far as pipe tobacco is concerned (non-dual purpose), I think Vision Hunter is great.
http://www.lilbrown.com/entity/tabid/95/entityname/category/categoryid/541/sename/vision-hunter-pt/default.aspx (be warned though, this blend is harsh on the lungs when inhaled)

For RYO tobacco, I like to blend Organic (red pouch) American Spirit with Golden Virginia (yellow). Organic AS is too harsh alone but I like the nicotine kick that it has, Golden Virginia doesn't have enough of a kick for me, & so when I mix them together I find the perfect balance. I'm still looking for the holy grail, locally grown organic tobacco to replace the AS.

I am impressed that Imperial Tobacco (the manufacture of Golden Virginia) refuses to use Genetically Modified Tobacco (http://www.imperial-tobacco.com/index.asp?page=509) & they seem to use minimal additives judging by this (http://www.imperial-tobacco.com/index.asp?page=496.)

My preference for rolling papers is:
Raw Organic Connoisseur 1 1/4 with tips
http://www.rollingpaperwarehouse.com/Raw-Organic-Connoisseur-1-14-with-tips_p_379.html
(with the RAW line the Organic papers are made out of hemp while the non organic are made out of rice)

[/quote]
I'm not sure what a Bali Shag Halfzware is but for the $23 I'll give it a shot. Worse case I end up mixing it with Vanilla or something! :P
[/quote]
I used to smoke Bali Shag (red tin) however I stopped due to the tobacco having one too many additives, it did not resonate well with my body. Also, when one uses a vanilla flavored tobacco doesn't one run the risk of causing an adverse reaction due to the white processed sugar that is in flavored blends?

Happy trails to all of you! :cool2:

Hi Laurentiu,

Try not to smoke, before you eat something Smiley, that means; eat something before you smoke, (your body will much easier absorb nicotine when you have something in your belly), sorry, if I confused you, apologies for that once more.
Related to the Moods cigarillos, you never know what could be put in side tobacco during production, but according to my own experience with them and low tech way of production of the same brand and archaic tobacco farming and growing mode, this sounds pretty clean product. The best way is to try and see how you react on it, and to monitor their web page from time to time in the case they switch to mass production or factory production...,...

Hi Ljubica,
yeah i just read to fast over it and missread. I understand what it means "not to smoke" before eating. My mistake.
Thank you once again for the Danemann input.

Laurentiu said:

I was smoker 10 years ago, and now I´ve try again with a brand named DOMINGO, it was the only brand I could found it is tobaco and have to roll it, but after smoke one cigarrete I feel very tired dizzy and lightheaded after a while I felt very hot and sensation in my head in the center of my head????? I could not finished the cigarette. So what I can do to take away those sensations, I remenber I smoke before a brand Malboro Light, but I suppose that kind of brand had chemicals.... :huh: :huh:

I've just read this very interesting article from Laura on SOTT which i would really recommend to read.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/107034-Can-Smoking-be-GOOD-for-SOME-People-

I don't know but maybe there is no new info for you but there was some for me.

for example this one
There are fundamental differences between the shamanic use of tobacco and the consumption of industrial cigarettes. The botanical variety used in the Amazon contains up to eighteen times more nicotine than the plants used in Virginia-type cigarettes. Amazonian tobacco is grown without chemical fertilizers or pesticides and contains none of the ingredients added to cigarettes, such as aluminum oxide, potassium nitrate, ammonium phosphate, polyvinyl acetate, and a hundred or so others, which make up approximately 10 percent of the smokable matter.

So i searched about Amazonian tobacco but found nearly nothing. Maybe somebody else has more success.
The only thing i can provide is this.
Danemann Cigarillos ( http://www.dannemann.com/com/ ) seems to be organic and grown in Brazil (so i think it is amazonas tobacco ).
They have a more intense taste (but not too intense :)) and burn way longer than normal cigs (so the price-performance ratio is extremely good, although the cost a bit more). Ive tried them on my 4th day of smoking and they nearly knocked me out. I think i have to smoke the manitou for a longer period so my body gets used to smoking and nicotine.
After that i will definitely get back to danemann, they are extremely tasty. The next good thing is that they are not wrapped in paper, so no danger from burning chloride and FSC paper ( and what not else is in there).

And if somebody doesn't like cigarillos, and are to lazy :cool2: to roll their own cigs
http://www.cigarre24.de/zigaretten/zigaretten11/yumaorganicredfilter.php
I'm sorry but this site is in German (so maybe it is a better source for our German speaking fellow's) although they ship in some other European country's.

I would be thankfull if somebody has more info's for me.
A big "THANK YOU" to Ljubica for the info's on Danemann

Back
Top Bottom