Sodium Bicarbonate - Effective against colds and flu and cancer?

SB with aluminum and other stuff is usually called "baking powder", not baking SODA.

If I'm not mistaken, baking soda is what we buy here as "bicarbonato sódico", and baking powder, "levadura en polvo".

The video talks about baking soda. :huh:

So, I assumed that VitC powder would work in same way as lemon and also this way get even more VitC ...
I´ll stick with lemon then.... Problem is that sodium alone makes my stomach go up so I have to mix it with something... :-(
I had same problem when I took SB in big shops, the one near the shelf of table salt. The powder is granular ie with anti-caking agent, like the table salt. This means that table salt and table SB have additives in it. More over, they are not natural, they are made chemically, not from natural rock (mineral).

Coarse sea salt is natural, from minerals (rock, like celtic salt). If you blend it in a blender, you have a very fine powder, not granular.
Same for SB: the natural one is derived from a mineral called trona. If you blend it, you get a fine powder too, not granular. I've found a natural SB powder, ie not granular, in an organic shop. And I see the difference! My stomach tolerates it much better!
So, check the product you have ;-)

Sorry, "trona" is in french. the name for "trona" in english is nahcolite : Nahcolite - Wikipedia
Nahcolite is a soft, colourless or white carbonate mineral with the composition of sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) also called thermokalite. It crystallizes in the monoclinic system.[3]

Nahcolite was first described in 1928 for an occurrence in a lava tunnel at Mount Vesuvius, Italy. Its name refers to the elements which compose it: Na, H, C, and O.[4] It occurs as a hot spring and saline lake precipitate or efflorescence; in differentiated alkalic massifs; in fluid inclusions as a daughter mineral phase and in evaporite deposits.]
Nahcolite-20212.jpg
Nahcolite from California (size: 9.5 x 8 x 4 cm)

I bought this brand from a local supermarket and according to the seller (see his answer to someone asking him on Amazon), it doesn't contain aluminium or other additives. On the box, the only ingredients listed are: SB

I had same problem when I took SB in big shops, the one near the shelf of table salt. The powder is granular ie with anti-caking agent, like the table salt. This means that table salt and table SB have additives in it. More over, they are not natural, they are made chemically, not from natural rock (mineral).

Coarse sea salt is natural, from minerals (rock, like celtic salt). If you blend it in a blender, you have a very fine powder, not granular.
Same for SB: the natural one is derived from a mineral called trona. If you blend it, you get a fine powder too, not granular. I've found a natural SB powder, ie not granular, in an organic shop. And I see the difference! My stomach tolerates it much better!
So, check the product you have ;-)
Thank you for info! :)

I have this one:

I bought this brand from a local supermarket and according to the seller (see his answer to someone asking him on Amazon), it doesn't contain aluminium or other additives. On the box, the only ingredients listed are: SB

Does it dissolve quickly and easily?

Does it dissolve quickly and easily?

I think so. I've only started to use it this morning, following the recipe mentioned in this thread: lemon juice, then 1/2 teaspoon SB then hot water. For 1/2 minute, it fizzes a lot, with a lot of bubbles, before settling. Good, or not?

If it's just sodium bicarbonate then it shouldn't fizzle with just water. That means it has other ingredients that react with it, like in baking powder.

<edit>
Oh, well together with lemon juice it *should* fizzle, that's right.

There is no aluminium but it is not a mineral one, it has anticaking agents. It's one of those which gave me stomacaches.

I think so. I've only started to use it this morning, following the recipe mentioned in this thread: lemon juice, then 1/2 teaspoon SB then hot water. For 1/2 minute, it fizzes a lot, with a lot of bubbles, before settling. Good, or not?
Take it alone, you"ll see bettter. You"ll see it doesn't dissolve so easily.

I use one of these frothers from IKEA. Really gets it to dissolve quickly and easily.

Take it alone, you"ll see bettter. You"ll see it doesn't dissolve so easily.

True, I've just tried it with water only. It takes a lot of stirring and maybe 1 min. before dissolving completely (before that, most of it will stay at the bottom of the glass). So I guess I need to find one from an organic shop. What do you think of that brand?

I get the US brand, Arm & Hammer, on amazon. It's perfect. No additives, dissolves easily.

Also, I don't take it mixed with anything. Just a level teaspoon at about 10 PM each night. Since I do intermittent fasting, my last meal of the day is at 4PM.

Back
Top Bottom