SOTT monthly Earth Changes Summary video translations

I do not understand something: The text under the SOTT video is not exactly the same than the one in the English Summary. The sheet now have the English Video text, while there was no text at all on Sunday when I've made the IT from English Summary.

So, which one should we work with? And why text on English Summary has not been updated with the text used under the video, if that is the one we should use?

The sheet now have the English Video text, while there was no text at all on Sunday when I've made the IT from English Summary.

I did that late Sunday night/ Monday morning. When I saw the sheet in that English section was empty, I took the YouTube description and added it to the sheet. I did not realize it is different from the SOTT Focus article.

So, which one should we work with? And why text on English Summary has not been updated with the text used under the video, if that is the one we should use?

I think it's safe when you translate it as it is in the sheet now but the EC team members should confirm it.

I did that late Sunday night/ Monday morning. When I saw the sheet in that English section was empty, I took the YouTube description and added it to the sheet. I did not realize it is different from the SOTT Focus article.

That's OK, we did not know... It was empty too when I got there and I was about to do the same - but I would have done it from Focus - when I decided to do the translation first.

I think it's safe when you translate it as it is in the sheet now but the EC team members should confirm it.

I think so too, and I'am going to do that, it is just that maybe English Focus should be updated too with the whole text as under the video, FWIW.

So, I've done the complete French IT and did the PR as well of the video text which is now on the sheet and that is far more precise and extended than the one in the English Focus. Ans that's for the best, thank you anka.

I'm waiting a new OK for launching the French Focus.

First the video is uploaded to youtube with its description, and then the "Sott Focus" is created... I think they are even different people... so one can add more text, or summarize it, or whatever... that's why they are not equal texts.

What I do is translate the "Sott Focus" and then use the same translation for the YouTube description. Maybe this time the YouTube description was more complete than the "sott focus" text, but I think it's normally the other way around, the "sott focus" text is usually more elaborate.

So, I've done the complete French IT and did the PR as well of the video text which is now on the sheet and that is far more precise and extended than the one in the English Focus. Ans that's for the best, thank you anka.

I'm waiting a new OK for launching the French Focus.

Done!!!

First the video is uploaded to youtube with its description, and then the "Sott Focus" is created... I think they are even different people... so one can add more text, or summarize it, or whatever... that's why they are not equal texts.

What I do is translate the "Sott Focus" and then use the same translation for the YouTube description. Maybe this time the YouTube description was more complete than the "sott focus" text, but I think it's normally the other way around, the "sott focus" text is usually more elaborate.

I must say that I have never checked if there was any difference between the video text and the Focus one. First time I notice it. So you might be right here.

The Focus has been published. Thank you OS! ;-)

English subtitles for August Summary are up and the SRT file is here:

Thanks. Here is the translation table:

And here the table for the subtitles:

Happy cooking!

German IT is finished!

One heads-up here: While working on the translation, I found an inconsistency with the subtitles. At line 84 in the subtitle document it says "Rare waterspout filmed off Southwold coast in Suffolk, UK - 28 August". But on the video you see a subtitle talking about snow in Southern Brazil on August 23rd due to polar air.

One heads-up here: While working on the translation, I found an inconsistency with the subtitles. At line 84 in the subtitle document it says "Rare waterspout filmed off Southwold coast in Suffolk, UK - 28 August". But on the video you see a subtitle talking about snow in Southern Brazil on August 23rd due to polar air.
Subtitles are OK (as they are in the Table), but caption in the video itself somehow got duplicated. 'Snow in Southern Brasil' appears again in right place (caption/subtitle line 86).

Back
Top Bottom