STRANGE CLOUDS

Yesterday morning at 5.40 I saw strangest thing in the woods near my home.
We live at the end of the village and behind our house, north there are only kilometars of woods, fields, meadows..
No light from any kind of source at night, and at 5.30 was completely dark, cloudy, with no stars and moon.
And today it was clear so I could see (as every day) where exactly is the moon, not even close.
So I don't think that any kind of reflection is possible.
First it came to mind noticulent clouds maybe - but they don't appear in the morning and not so low.
This was like glowing mist in the woods, you could see the silhouettes of the trees from distant.

It was indeed beautiful. I was standing for a few minutes at doorstep in the dark before my doughter also came out,
cause she was going for a school bus to town. Then both of us stared in that direction like woooow :wow:
So, I'm not crazy.
Possibility for any kind of machinery in the woods in that time that could give that kind of light effect is also impossible for area that big
and there would be at least some noise from it.
We have never seen something like that here before.

So, any ideas ?
Aliens....? :umm:

I didn't take any photos because my smartphone is of no use for something like that

Well, that mist looked very similar, only it was comepletely dark around.
Besides that particular misty area you couldn't see anything from distance, in the wood or anywhere near.
OK, I just decided I will definitely NOT GO to work anymore by bike, alone, early morning, in the dark through the
woods near. EVER AGAIN.
No way :umm:

We have many field and forest roads here, without electricity - leading to some villages near, but in different direction.
And years ago ( now you reminded me @Puma, thanks ) my sister in law sweared she saw space craft in the woods,
late night when she was driving from work by shortcut.

OMG, cool neighbourhood :jawdrop:

👎

👍
Title: Iridescent Clouds and Cosmic Dust (with Plate V)
April 1934 B~ FREDERICK SLOCUM

👌

Impacts of Meteoric Smoke

End snip 2021
There’s still much to learn about how meteoric smoke interacts with the atmosphere and affects life on Earth, but scientists have already discovered a lot.
pmcs_0.gif
Noctilucent clouds observed by a NASA long-duration balloon. Credits: NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center

People have observed iridescent clouds at polar latitudes in the summer since the late 19th century. It was long speculated that these noctilucent, or night-shining, clouds were made of ice. Scientists confirmed that in 2001 using data from a precursor to SOFIE. The finding answered one question but raised another. Ice needs a nucleus such as a grain of dust on which to crystallize, and the upper atmosphere where these clouds form was thought to be quite clean. Where did the dust come from? In 2012, using SOFIE, the researchers found their answer: meteoric smoke.

There is some speculation among scientists about other effects as well. One of them is the phenomenon of iron fertilization. Iron is essential for photosynthesis, the process by which plants convert sunlight into sugar. In the ocean, where phytoplankton reside, iron can be hard to come by. Much of it blows in as dust from land before sinking quickly. Some scientists suggest that another source might be meteoric smoke that has drifted down from the mesosphere. So it’s possible — but not certain — there’s some extraterrestrial iron contributing to photosynthesis in the ocean!

Scientists are also looking into the role of meteoric smoke in water formation in the mesosphere. It’s possible that oxygen and hydrogen react in the mesosphere, forming water. But like the ice crystals in noctilucent clouds, the hydrogen and water would need a hard surface upon which to react. Meteoric smoke might provide the necessary surface.

“There are questions and mysteries in our atmosphere that meteoric smoke may play a role in,” Hervig said. “It's really frontier stuff.” Data from SOFIE continues to help answer some of these questions, offering insight into the effects these cosmic particles have on Earth.

Remember the strage spiral cloud over Norway several years ago ?
It happened again...

_-2023-01-24-at-17.03.39.jpg

Here a time loop from Hawai'i at the Mauna Kea Volcano Observatory.

A "Mysterious" Flying Spiral was seen over Maunakea. 2023-01-18 UT. Really unusual view! Any idea about what it is? Our keen viewers discovered this rare event. According to them, it seems it is related to the satellite orbital deployment operation. A new satellite was launched earlier this day by Space X. The video was from our "Subaru-Asahi STAR Camera" which is jointly operated by NAOJ (Subaru Telescope) and Asahi Shimbun (Japanese newspaper company).

Ice Polar Stratospheric Clouds on this day / Iridescent Clouds
24 Jan 2008

I believe a longer time ago i wrote an entry regarding having observed those clouds over Stockholm.

What strikes me is that these only seem to appear during winter, and when there are extreme strong winds (jet stream) at greater height blowing into and over the Norwegian Mountain range. Exceptionally low temperatures (high up) seem to play a roll in the appearance of these clouds, too.

I have only seen those two times, during the past 40 years, and only once i had the chance to follow them while at work (driving the subway). First time, they appeared very bright at or right after sunset, Jan 2003 I believe - which were particularly "rainbow" colorful - but I was on a subway as a passenger, and seconds from going into the tunnel towards the city. So, no photo.

Striking to the visible eye...
was the brightness of Iridescent clouds after sunset. They were at times glowing like "ufo's", pretty unreal to watch.

So, my second time I saw them, was on 24 Jan 2008 (to the day) while at work. but luckily I was able to see those Iridescent clouds for 2 hours, long after sunset (= 15:47) What I felt was interesting with these clouds, was their light intensity. When you compare the light from the station lamps [7th photo] (they contain special light bulbs which are fiercely bright and you can hardly look into them directly). Yet, the light level of the Iridescent clouds easily match the station lights !

They looked pretty unreal to the naked eye, once you observed their unusual appearance at dusk. The clouds are not as super bright when the sun is setting (at least not from the two times I have observed them over Stockholm).

So, here comes the whole photo series from Jan 2008 with Iridescent Cloud over Stockholm. Since I was driving the subway, there wasn't much room for creative compositions. Notice that the images after sunset look darker than it actually was, because the clouds were so bright, that if I would exposed the images for the sky, the clouds would have been totally blown out (turning white without features)

2008-01-24-15-24-44-Pärlemormoln,-Iridescent-Clouds,-Ice-Polar-Stratospheric-Clouds.jpg 2008-01-24-15-29-40-Pärlemormoln,-Iridescent-Clouds,-Ice-Polar-Stratospheric-Clouds.jpg
2008-01-24-15-42-11-Pärlemormoln,-Iridescent-Clouds,-Ice-Polar-Stratospheric-Clouds.jpg 2008-01-24-15-44-05-Pärlemormoln,-Iridescent-Clouds,-Ice-Polar-Stratospheric-Clouds.jpg
2008-01-24-15-44-48-Pärlemormoln,-Iridescent-Clouds,-Ice-Polar-Stratospheric-Clouds.jpg 2008-01-24-16-00-15-Pärlemormoln,-Iridescent-Clouds,-Ice-Polar-Stratospheric-Clouds.jpg
2008-01-24-16-03-54-Pärlemormoln,-Iridescent-Clouds,-Ice-Polar-Stratospheric-Clouds.jpg 2008-01-24-16-05-21-Pärlemormoln,-Iridescent-Clouds,-Ice-Polar-Stratospheric-Clouds.jpg
2008-01-24-16-44-17-Pärlemormoln,-Iridescent-Clouds,-Ice-Polar-Stratospheric-Clouds.jpg 2008-01-24-17-18-07-Pärlemormoln,-Iridescent-Clouds,-Ice-Polar-Stratospheric-Clouds.jpg

Lenticular Cloud over Bursa, Turkey (18.01.2023).

New photos
This particular cloud made the Tucker Carlson broadcast last night:

1674583510764.png
The weather channel of Carlson’s own network did a good job explaining that it was a lenticular cloud, which usually forms over mountains or ridges and is often a harbinger of rain.

Carlson moved right along to another subject. But Twitter wasn’t about to let it go — not when the cloud in question resembled a vagina to many.
They mercilessly mocked the conservative host over that.

Ten additional tweets espousing the same theme - so not surprising that pointing out such an anomalous aerial phenomenon is immediately ridiculed to the max! Perfectly normal type of cloud that we've all seen many, many times . . . ☁️ um, not - but yeah, that it resembles female anatomy brings to mind "cosmic jokers" or just the "terrestrial" ones that seemingly have some control of the weather! Can we expect a phallus shaped one soon in the spirit of equity? :halo:

Last edited:
Can we expect a phallus shaped one soon in the spirit of equity? :halo:

624a7e9f0803df06a402a51167924c06.jpg

Or just a funny shaped cloud. ;-)

These are some of the strange colors I've recently seen at this latitude in the morning skies in early January that was mirrored by this tweet in the USA in Colorado. Hmm 🤔
37°N to 41°N
Longitude102°02′48″W to 109°02′48″W

The colors of the sky 07-16-2019
2. Interaction of solar radiation with the atmosphere
As it passes through the atmosphere, the radiation (see Solar energies) from the Sun interacts with gaseous molecules and particles (water droplets, dust, aerosols) which are present. Two essential phenomena then occur: absorption and scattering. When radiation is fully or partially absorbed, there is energy transfer between the radiation and the molecules with which it interacts. This results in its attenuation in the direction of propagation. For example, ozone in the stratosphere (see The Earth’s atmosphere and gaseous envelope) absorbs almost all ultraviolet rays, of wavelength less than 0.3 µm, which are very harmful to living species, hence the need to protect this ozone layer.

When radiation is not absorbed, it can be deflected in all directions, it is the phenomenon of atmospheric scattering, the nature of which depends on several factors: the wavelength of the radiation, the density and size of particles and atmospheric molecules, the thickness of the atmospheric layer to pass through. There are generally three types of scattering: Rayleigh scattering, Mie scattering, from the names of those who discovered and analyzed them, and non-selective scattering. The prevalence of each of these types of scattering depends on the state of the atmosphere, as described below.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 10-33-09 The colours of the sky - Encyclopedia of the Environment.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 07-42-06 Jen Grand_wx 🌬 (@gravitywavz) _ Twitter.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 07-42-06 Jen Grand_wx 🌬 (@gravitywavz) _ Twitter.png
    431.2 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom