The infrabed

12V is not enough to shock someone. My guess is that the part that plugs into your wall outlet is faulty. If that's the case then I suggest you replace it with a good one, after all exposure to wall outlet EMF is what we are trying so hard to avoid in the EMF thread.

If the shock pulses are actually generated inside the LED light, then I find that rather strange. It would be interesting to take it apart and figure out what they screwed up this time.

BTW, I feel like you are a bit overexcited. Maybe it would be good to clean the toilet or something to bring your mood down a bit. :lol:

I hope that's not a really weird comment. I said that because, usually when I get so excited about something, I'm about to shoot myself in the foot.

I've been using the infrabed for about 3 weeks now, 15 minutes for the first week and 30 minutes thereafter, and the changes i've noticed have been remarkable.

I've suffered from sleep-onset insomnia for about 20 years - since i was 12/13 years old, and probably even earlier - then in 2011 i suffered a number of physical traumas which added a whole raft of issues into the mix, including aches and pains in my muscles and joints, from my head to my toes, which made falling asleep even more troubled. I regularly got by on 5-6 hours sleep (often times less) and on waking had pronounced sleep inertia, and because of the physical issues it took every ounce of my being to get up in the morning.

In the month leading up to the infrabed i was finding such discomfort that even in the late night stuffy summer heat i had resorted to doing cold therapy in the shower, then using the Far infrared sauna blanket every night before bed. In the past the sauna blanket had been a lifesaver for me and did seem to help in my recovery from the physical trauma and was the only thing that could provide instant relief, but the healing seemed to be a very slow process, and i think i'd hit a wall.

I'd also been doing a variety of other things to help manage the issues i had with varying success: stretching, cold therapy (daily, throughout winter for 6 months+, then moving to every other day), sauna and sauna blanket, diet, supplements, controlled breathing, reiki, and so on. I also get regular exercise.

Days before starting the infrabed, i was given a red LED lamp to use for pain relief, and i found it did help with sleep but i don't think it was in the form of pain relief, though i definitely noticed a difference in the speed of sleep onset and in the quality of sleep.

When i began my infrabed sessions the results were immediate, though on the bed i feel no sensations at all.

Since my first session, i found myself able to sleep within 30 minutes. And in the morning, i wake up early and relatively refreshed. My sleep quality has improved dramatically; I also noticed my dreams have become more vivid and recall much more frequent. The knots, aches and pains in my muscles and my joints are less pronounced during the day. I find myself massaging problematic areas much less (which essentially run from feet to my eyes!) and they no longer keep me awake at night.

There were a few things that initially 'got worse' and then resolved themselves, such as nighttime bathroom visits. For the first week i got up every night, whereas before it was every other night, and now suddenly, even if i take my nighttime supplements too late, i do not have to get up to go to the toilet.

I do feel i still have a way to go but i can feel changes occurring throughout my body everyday and the dramatic improvement in my sleep is a testament to it's efficacy.

It's strange and quite surprising. Not least because the sleep issue has been with me since childhood. But also because i don't feel any sensation at all when on the infrabed and yet i have experienced such remarkable, and if i may say life-changing, results.

So that's where i am right now, and i'd like thank you to everybody involved in the project! :clap: :love: :flowers:

lilies said:
I planned to hold it onto my skin for 8-14 minutes, but it stings after a couple seconds. Possibly the leds are too close and the small floodlight device needs air space during operation to cool itself passively?

I think you should keep the device far enough so it doesn't sting. We directly lie on the infrabed because it delivers less energy per surface unit than your device. The infrabed has one small LED every 3 cm (about one inch) while the LEDs are next to each other in your device.

Does the IR strip on your infrabed light up in visible red?

Yes it does. It is a faint red glow though. You can't even see it if there's too much sunlight in the room.

itellsya said:
So that's where i am right now, and i'd like thank you to everybody involved in the project! :clap: :love: :flowers:

That's wonderful itellsya! Glad to hear that the infrabed has helped you feel and sleep much better. :thup:

A Jay said:
itellsya said:

That's wonderful itellsya! Glad to hear that the infrabed has helped you feel and sleep much better. :thup:

Really happy to see that it helped you a lot and that you can sleep a lot better now.

Pierre said:
lilies said:
I planned to hold it onto my skin for 8-14 minutes, but it stings after a couple seconds. Possibly the leds are too close and the small floodlight device needs air space during operation to cool itself passively?

I think you should keep the device far enough so it doesn't sting. We directly lie on the infrabed because it delivers less energy per surface unit than your device. The infrabed has one small LED every 3 cm (about one inch) while the LEDs are next to each other in your device. [..]

Thank You, Pierre!

Its really amazing that the professional FIR Sauna bought from Mike cost 150K+[domestic currency] and gave energy boost for the next workday [for the moving center!], but came with a FIR-sheet cleaning requirement, skin drying showers and fuzzy/depleted brain feeling sleepy, detox symptoms and couldn't work right after.

This tiny Chinese device and adapter cost 7K [!] and gives pure mental/creative energy boost [also boosts the moving center], have clear head, feeling mentally refreshed, where I can do heavy duty art work, producing high quality merchandise - the nice stuff that looks so good that people frequently buy my products - , so I can hear the coin sound of the income! No sleepiness, no skin-drying additional showers, no washing and drying the FIR bed required. WOW. Just WOW!

Today morning, still on empty stomach, still on yesterdays NIR energy boost [moving-center], I cleaned/de-iced the big fridge, while cooking for the week ahead all day and while the broth is cooking now I feel ready for quality creative work again, right after finishing the second IR-floodlight application.

Before the IR floodlight:
Always I was very tired after exercise and just shambled around, like a zombie doing chores was very exhausting, had foggy brain, couldn't do any creative work for 24 hours. Especially was "brain dead" on fasting days. Now feel like a steel spring, bright minded, sparkling with enthusiasm and ready to work!

When I had the light pointed at me while I was watching tv on the bed, I could hardly keep my eyes open, and in fact fell asleep a few times.

I think it has to do with the production of melatonin.

• Near-infrared is good for regeneration of deeper structures such as tendons, bones and cartilage; orthopedic and musculoskeletal problems. Red or near-infrared light at night also produces melatonin and helps you sleep.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/02/26/photobiomodulation.aspx

I have two lights and put them on different parts of my body for 15 minutes in each location with a few extra minutes shining them on my face/eyes. I have had chronic gout for 20 years and the first thing I noticed is that I actually am mostly pain free in that joint now. ACV really helps when I have a flare-up. Like Intellsya I've had insomnia for 40 years and within a couple of days I found I sleep for longer stretches, up to 6 hours but the big change is that I am waking up one or two hours earlier and actually feel like getting out of bed and facing the day where before I would struggle to get out of bed and operated like a zombie a lot of the time. I seem to function better with 6 hours of sleep although I would prefer 7 or 8 and hopefully as I continue with the light therapy that will come, or maybe 6 is enough. I work evenings so that extra time in the morning allows me to get so much more done. My reading concentration also seems to be improving. I'm taking a speed reading course as well which I have been putting off for quite some time and am enjoying it. There is so much more reading I want to do and snail reading just doesn't cut it anymore. So thank you for this amazing information and Pierre for your innovation and Keyhole for introducing this information!

Gandalf said:
A Jay said:
itellsya said:

Really happy to see that it helped you a lot and that you can sleep a lot better now.

I am really glad that it helped you so much. :rockon:
I am following this thread since the beginning and this is a huge discovery. I still don't have such a device but I plan to order some of the NIR devices that some members are already using or to build one on my own. I will decide that when I will able to purchase those LED's.

Bluefyre said:
I have two lights and put them on different parts of my body for 15 minutes in each location with a few extra minutes shining them on my face/eyes. I have had chronic gout for 20 years and the first thing I noticed is that I actually am mostly pain free in that joint now. ACV really helps when I have a flare-up. Like Itellsya I've had insomnia for 40 years and within a couple of days I found I sleep for longer stretches, up to 6 hours but the big change is that I am waking up one or two hours earlier and actually feel like getting out of bed and facing the day where before I would struggle to get out of bed and operated like a zombie a lot of the time. I seem to function better with 6 hours of sleep although I would prefer 7 or 8 and hopefully as I continue with the light therapy that will come, or maybe 6 is enough. I work evenings so that extra time in the morning allows me to get so much more done. My reading concentration also seems to be improving. I'm taking a speed reading course as well which I have been putting off for quite some time and am enjoying it. There is so much more reading I want to do and snail reading just doesn't cut it anymore. So thank you for this amazing information and Pierre for your innovation and Keyhole for introducing this information!
Those are incredible developments for just using it 15 min/day. :rockon:

Pierre said:
Laura said:
whitecoast said:
You can also get decent IR lights at big-box pet stores, the IR lights in which reptiles use for artificial sunbathing. I recently got a 150 W infra-red lightbulb for my room. It keeps everything in a nice red, warm glow for the night. I can also switch the light to a lamp and move it around my body to places it needs to be as well. :D

What you are describing is not NEAR infrared which, as has been described several times above, is invisible and there is NO HEAT. That is not to say that the heat producing red lights have no value, it just isn't what this thread is about.

The two problems I can see with red light compared to NIR is that they have a lower absorption rate (probably because they don't provide the optimal frequency to excite cytochrome oxydase) and they don't go deep in the tissue because their frequency is lower than NIR (about 600 nm vs. 800 nm)

FWIW here's the frequency profile of the light I'm using (ignore the "rating system"). I keep getting mixed definitions online about what precisely constitutes NIR and FIR (700nm seems to be the consensus for the RED-NIR cutoff). It seems to get a good cross-section of frequencies, akin to natural sun exposure. Of course, going by the 80-20 rule, only a fraction of those could be causing the majority of the benefits. The heat generation requires I keep it at least a couple of inches from my body, which reduces the exposure intensity also. Maybe I'll switch to a specific NIR frequency and just keep this one as a bedroom light.

_http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/infrared_basking_spot_lighting.php

Attachments

• infrared_basking_spot_rating.jpg
    infrared_basking_spot_rating.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 215
Gandalf said:
A Jay said:
itellsya said:

That's a really positive result :thup: I am still yet to buy this but all the feedback here is fantastic.

I haven't been able to sleep well at all the past 2 days (5 hours ish) and I have such bad neck pain at the top of my spine, which seems to have developed slowly from nowhere. I just used a Infared (not NEAR) this morning and it's helped a little. Think I'll be purchasing the small camera one that the guys in the UK seem to be getting.

Gandalf said:
A Jay said:
itellsya said:

That's really cool that it helped you with your sleep problems. :)

I've been using this device for 5 days now, we see the red light and feel the heat if put directly on the skin.
I've been putting it on the solar plexus and on the thyroid, the much noticeable effect was a fresh air in the liver/gallblader area which goes through the thoracic axis and gain mental stability. Though it might not be necessary to do it everyday, it helps a lot, thank you everyone.

_https://www.amazon.fr/Illuminators-96-pi%C3%A8ces-infrarouge-cam%C3%A9ra-s%C3%A9curit%C3%A9/dp/B01GZYS3C6/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

I noticed a similar but stronger effect, which a BIG mental clarity, practicing the yoga nauli massage and feeling like a Reiki flow through the nerves going down to the belly.
Mark from Get Fitt told me that FIR was enhancing the flow of Reiki from reports of Reiki practitionner. Nauli and conscious practice of Yoga developpe the facias, which regain their springness. These conjonctions seems benefits the deeper function of the body, while NIR seems benefits higher or subtle energies. It's what I conclude for now and on myself.

My cousin has just had a baby which had neonatal jaundice, the hospital put her under a ultra bright blue light bed for such a time that her mother and father were having a sensation of being cooked by a microwave while standing next by it... I wonder what effect it have at such a young age and if it's really beneficial for this condition, seeing what blue light can do.

Back
Top Bottom