The infrabed

whitecoast:
The heat generation requires I keep it at least a couple of inches from my body, which reduces the exposure intensity also. Maybe I'll switch to a specific NIR frequency and just keep this one as a bedroom light.

This is the light I bought for my sons carpal tunnel. He says he is seeing some results but will likely be buying a more effective light so I'm glad it has inspired him. I need to do some study on carpal tunnel and treatment. I've been wondering about purchasing a red light for my bedroom that would be used in conjunction with the regular blue led light that can only be purchased in stores now. I wonder if just the red color will counterbalance the blue without the infrared aspect. The reptile light is out for me because it produces to much heat for my bedroom lamps. I'm also looking into buying orange sheets for my bed which is a side affect coming up. Maybe the orange spectrum is calling me also.

I listened the Jack Kruse second Sott interview yesterday, only have listened to the first, and it was SO inspiring. I'm up for becoming a mitochondriac!

Please excuse me if I'm getting off topic here... All things light spectrum have become very interesting lately.

I am also noticing I've been able to remember my dreams more lately as I'm using the flood light. This is good since I've always valued my dreams and haven't been able to remember them to well for years.

Added note. My son is a silversmith who makes jewelry pounding on an anvil and so the carpal tunnel. He has a high voltage led(blue) light focused on his anvil to see and so his hands are in this field. I've suggested replacing it with an incandescent one. I'll need to take my guass meter over to find the safe distance from his head and hands.

l apprenti de forgeron said:
Thinkingfingers said:
That is brilliant Pierre! This is a must in every home.
Yes, it's great! Thanks for sharing, Pierre.

Thanks for those positive messages. This being said, Laura is the brain behind the whole Infrabed project. I just built what she envisioned.

A Jay said:
itellsya said:
So that's where i am right now, and i'd like thank you to everybody involved in the project! :clap: :love: :flowers:

That's wonderful itellsya! Glad to hear that the infrabed has helped you feel and sleep much better. :thup:

That really IS great news itellsya!

I'm totally sold on the red led lamp and red infrared lamp. A week ago I had a nasty fall at work hitting the pavement on my hands and knees.
The palms of my hands and my knees were swollen then turned many shades of black, blue and purple. For the following week I used both lamps on palms and knees plus rubbed in arnica oil and cream 3x a day. After a week, bruising was completely gone, my hands and knees are healed and I don't have that jarring feeling in my body from when I fell.

All praises to Laura and everyone who has shared information about this Amazing therapy! :perfect:

Inflammation:
Lot more powerful inflammation reducer than my cracklings eating discovery or smearing rendered fat onto the gums and teeth. I'm using a small 48LED 850nm IR floodlight so far.

Completely dismissed any teeth, gum or jaw inflammation I always had continually.[Shining the above small floodlight directly onto my teeth,gum (up&down lips pulled away form front teeth) and holding it almost onto my cheeks both sides, so the NIR penetrates cheeks' soft tissue into gum/teeth].

Helps a lot with sleep. Gives lots of moving energy.

Shining IR floodlights on your eyes:

My idea was shining light directly into the brain using the optical nerves as a pathway(Kruse->UV).

Careful when you do it from less than 1 inch distance! I shone my tiny 48LED floodlight directly onto my both eyes on two occasions.
The concentrated power [to a small space] must have been "too much" and the closeness of the 48 LEDs [right next to each other] produced sensible heat. So it must have been definitely a drying out effect from heat too.

I think, it might have caused "burn damage" or "burn shock" to my corneas, like you get from leaning too close to bonfires (when preparing bacon on a stick) or when getting sunburned in summer so much, the exposure affects your eyes too. Result is vision becomes blurry. Probably the corneas suffer a heat shock or dry out, maybe cell damage, dunno. Cleared up after max. two days of agonizing over it of how could I be so stupid to make myself "blinder".
The blurry vision effect disappeared by now. Further, this is probably delusional: but maybe, um.. :umm: no, it definitely appears that after the "sun damage/heat damage" blurry spot at center of my vision cleared up, I can definitely see sharper now.
As I type - without glasses - I can see the pixels / dots making up these letters, which I surely could not before for extended time/indefinitely. [my eyes got tired after 1 or 2 seconds in the past] I can see the building blocks of the letters clearer and sharper now, without the details becoming blurry fast, without my eyes tiring out.

But now it appears I can effortlessly see sharper now. Dunno. Maybe because the inflammation in my teeth/gum/jaw dropped significantly, so my eye muscles have more energy / juice for the focusing, so its easier to see sharper now?? :huh: My vision usually always got sharper at night, past 00:00, but not this sharp! Probably just the boon of inflammation reduction.

Maybe as a result I experienced something entirely new so far - only an attempt at description incoming[!!]:
While bicycling down a familiar road, you usually see a "wide tunnel from the world", the road, the houses left and right, some sky, expecting incoming traffic, trees on roadside.
That's all usually, so lets call it a "wide tunnel" and your are aware the things happening inside, what simply you can see.
Now, unexpectedly, IT FELT LIKE this "wide tunnel space of everyday bored awareness while bicycling" suddenly got wider and like a big camera telescope it pushed further ahead to become longer, so my awareness was enhanced all of a sudden and also into the clairvoyant realms, plus beyond linear--> into cyclical time past+present+future at once zoomed in. It felt I could see into deeper reality sense stuff below the asphalt and register basically everything that was going on in that widened/elongated tunnel of awareness. Lasted for a couple seconds.

I only shone the IR light into my eyes, to see[sic] if my vision could become sharper through some stem cell activation or kick-starting CEC regeneration.

I had a similar sensation once when riding down the road in a car. It was as if I could feel the road moving past, in a way I was touching everything as it moved by. It was a rather interesting feeling of awareness.

Lilies said:
Shining IR floodlights on your eyes:

My idea was shining light directly into the brain using the optical nerves as a pathway(Kruse->UV).

Careful when you do it from less than 1 inch distance! I shone my tiny 48LED floodlight directly onto my both eyes on two occasions.
The concentrated power [to a small space] must have been "too much" and the closeness of the 48 LEDs [right next to each other] produced sensible heat. So it must have been definitely a drying out effect from heat too.

I think, it might have caused "burn damage" or "burn shock" to my corneas, like you get from leaning too close to bonfires (when preparing bacon on a stick) or when getting sunburned in summer so much, the exposure affects your eyes too. Result is vision becomes blurry. Probably the corneas suffer a heat shock or dry out, maybe cell damage, dunno. Cleared up after max. two days of agonizing over it of how could I be so stupid to make myself "blinder".
The blurry vision effect disappeared by now. Further, this is probably delusional: but maybe, um.. :umm: no, it definitely appears that after the "sun damage/heat damage" blurry spot at center of my vision cleared up, I can definitely see sharper now.
As I type - without glasses - I can see the pixels / dots making up these letters, which I surely could not before for extended time/indefinitely. [my eyes got tired after 1 or 2 seconds in the past] I can see the building blocks of the letters clearer and sharper now, without the details becoming blurry fast, without my eyes tiring out.

But now it appears I can effortlessly see sharper now. Dunno. Maybe because the inflammation in my teeth/gum/jaw dropped significantly, so my eye muscles have more energy / juice for the focusing, so its easier to see sharper now?? :huh: My vision usually always got sharper at night, past 00:00, but not this sharp! Probably just the boon of inflammation reduction.

Hi Lilies, for me it has no much sense trying to achieve the brain through the optical nerves because, optical nerves are not optical fibres, so the light is not transmitted as such. At least is what I got that you intend from what you wrote. On the other hand, as you are experimenting with light and have this discomfort experience, you have to be more careful. There is three parameters that are very important when working with light. Irradiance is the potency of light by area unit, the wavelength and the exposition time. Those have to be considered. So you have to move further away your leds to avoid problems because your light seems to be potent.

It would be good idea to have that irradiance parameter or to calculate it if it is possible, for any person who decide to experiment with light to find the optimal parameters of use, some kind of standardization.

lilies, your experience is very interesting. I also wanted to use my light for vision improvement and hopefully with positive brain effects as well. After your experience with the drying out of your eyes, I made sure to keep the light at more of a distance. What distance to apply the light is coming with trial and error for me. I place the flood light in many different areas. I noticed if the light is to close to my chest (treating inflammation of the lungs, which was successful!) my heart starts beating faster which I don't care for so move the light away. I caused a very light burn on my knees by pacing the light directly on top with only a light sheet under the light for comfort. My middle joint on my middle finger of the right hand has been swollen and stiff for about 2 months causing me to consider arthritis setting in. The first treatment with the light resulted in a noticeable decrease in the stiffness. I place the light very close or touching my hand which so far seems to be correct. I'm thinking its likely to clear up totally with more treatments but we'll see.

Lilyalic said:
(...) I haven't been able to sleep well at all the past 2 days (5 hours ish) and I have such bad neck pain at the top of my spine, which seems to have developed slowly from nowhere. I just used a Infared (not NEAR) this morning and it's helped a little. Think I'll be purchasing the small camera one that the guys in the UK seem to be getting.

Hi Lilyalic, I also suffer from back problems. I've had lowed back pain when lying down before sleep since I was a child but these days it's the upper back, neck and shoulders that give me most trouble. The near infrared lamp has been very helpful and I have the CCTV camera one you mentioned.

I also found the massager Scottie suggested to be helpful too:

Scottie said:
When I have not-workout-neck/shoulder stiffness, I use one of these:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01I1RF2BU/

This device is really good but in case you decide to get it I'd like to add that it is quite painful directly on the body. I normally put a thick towel on my back first and then use the massager. I guess it's not skinny people friendly :) But it has helped me a lot and apart from a painful spot around the middle of my back I can't seem to be able to get rid of, my upper back is much better now. I found it on UK Amazon for £36 which turned out to be money well spent. (_https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LGJMMFE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

I hope your back gets better as it's really no fun to wake up at night with pain. Not to mention that the quality of your days probably suffers too after only 5 hours sleep :(

I was stunned by Alexander Wunsch's interview on Health and Wellness show about photobiomodulation, so I've decided to try it also.
Before infrabed was introduced here, I was searching for acceptable solution in order to get best results with very limited funding.
The best and cheapest solution I came up with was buying one plain IR light bulb, which I've found here: _https://www.rubyluxlights.com/infrared-bulbs . It appears at first that this is ordinary heat lamp with disctint red tone, but according to web site who sells them it's working on full 850nm frequency.
RubyLux NIR-A Infrared Bulb is a premium incandescent infrared bulb that operates at 850 nm. It is a near infrared/NIR/IR-A light source that emits no far infrared rays.

I've bought one pair of grade B for price of one A grade. Grade B bulbs have only difference in minor colour imperfection and supposedly that doesn't change their efficiency. I've also get one clamp holder lamp and have all mounted up on a stainless steel pole I had at home. Total cost was around 70 EUR give or take.

I'm using it for the last two weeks, since it's lightweight and takes little space, you can sit under it or just place it by the bed or couch. It can be used even while doing EE or watching TV, or doing desk job. It also emits very pleasent warmth, comparable to FIR blanket. It's 250W bulb after all.

Mostly I'm sitting under it for 20-30min shirtless, since it's beam is not narrowly focused it can cover considerable area. This I can testify from my experience. When I'm in bed and place the bulb perpendicular to my abdomen, after 10-15 min. I can feel pleasent tingling sensation over my face, but I suppose that main beam would be somewhere directly bellow the bulb.

I'm planning to use it for my Raynaud's, against hair loss (getting bald that is) and seasonal asthma, and accordingly will report how things are going.

So far I can only say that last night I slept all night thru without waking up unlike last few weeks, after sitting for 30 min under the lamp and additional 20 min aiming at my plexus while lying in my bed.

Attachments

• IR_Lamp.jpg
    IR_Lamp.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 250
It's great to hear so many positive testimonials so far, I personally have experienced reduced muscle aching when sitting under the red light and I think it helped clear up my erythema nodosum on my legs (although I think there were other conributary factors such as diet changes, progesterone supplementation) so it's hard to isolate the red light as being the "cure".

I thought it would be worth posting the contraindications for LLLT as noted on the THOR LASER WEBSITE just incase any members have any of the mentioned contraindications.

Note: the contraindications are specifically for the brand THOR laser but they could also be used as general cautions depending on what type of light device you are using:

Eyes
THOR lasers have divergent beams but are potentially harmful if viewed directly from a distance of less than 1.1 meters. Patient, practitioner and observers should were THOR laser safety glasses when the laser is in use.

THOR LEDs are harmless and may even be helpful for some eye diseases when treated through closed eyes.

Relative contraindications / precautions
Cancer
Do not use LLLT over any known malignant lesions unless:

for pain relief during the terminal stages of the illness, but only with their physicians permission.
for cancer therapy side effects (e.g. oral mucositis, radiation dermatitis, etc), but only with their physicians permission.
Pregnancy
There is no evidence of harm to a an unborn baby however there are no safety tests either, so for medico legal reasons we recommend not treating directly over the developing foetus. It may be used on the pregnant woman for the treatment of back pain etc.

Thyroid
There is no evidence of harm and there is some evidence of benefit for treating hashimoto's thyroiditis with LLLT. As with many things in life too much of what is good for us may be be harmful and so it is conceivable that a high intensity laser treatment direct to the thyroid might (temporarily) stimulate (or inhibit) some thyroid activity. We suggest not applying lasers directly over the thyroid. The THOR LED treatments are however relatively low intensity and far less likely to trigger any adverse events when treating that region of the neck.

Tattoo
Treatment over a tattoo with higher irradiance laser may cause pain as the dye absorbs the laser energy and gets hot. If treatment is painful remove treatment probe from contact and treat ~15mm from surface of skin.

Hair on the head
Treatment on the head and neck with high irradiance laser may cause pain as the melanin in the fine superficial hair follicle absorbs a lot of the laser energy. If treatment is painful remove treatment probe from contact and treat ~15mm from surface of skin.

Very dark skin
Occasionally some people with very dark skin feel an unpleasant amount of heating. If treatment is painful remove treatment probe from contact and treat ~15mm from surface of skin.

I've personally purchased a simple red light hand device which I've been applying to my jaw and in front of my teeth, and it seems to be helping with my periodontitis/extreme teeth sensitivity. I use it in conjunction with colloidal silver/iodine (I rinse my teeth with that mixture). So far, I've noticed a clear reduction in teeth sensitivity. That's encouraging.

From this site _http://vielight.com/, the nose is the entry point of the redlight, because it's directly in contact with the brain. It made me think of cigarette smokes that is more rapidly inhale in the system by nose.

Maybe one floodlight as those one can do the trick : _https://www.amazon.fr/Infrarouge-Internet-torche-Zoomable-chasse/dp/B072BWFJL9/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1505894304&sr=8-19&keywords=infrarouge

Interesting testimony from Dr. Mercola in his article about iron overload:

I stopped the phlebotomy when I started a comprehensive detoxification strategy involving near and far infrared sauna, and interestingly, despite the fact I was no longer removing blood, my ferritin continued to drop over the next nine months. Now, it's down to 37 — far lower than I was ever able to get down to with therapeutic phlebotomies, and as I mentioned earlier I have a healthy GGT level of 17.

(_https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/09/20/monitoring-serum-ferritin-and-ggt.aspx?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=facebookmercola_lead&utm_campaign=20170920_monitoring-serum-ferritin-and-ggt)

Adaryn said:
I've personally purchased a simple red light hand device which I've been applying to my jaw and in front of my teeth, and it seems to be helping with my periodontitis/extreme teeth sensitivity. I use it in conjunction with colloidal silver/iodine (I rinse my teeth with that mixture). So far, I've noticed a clear reduction in teeth sensitivity. That's encouraging.

I have sensitive teeth due to bruxism and slightly receding gums. I cannot tolerate cold food and liquid well. But I've managed to eat some low carb coconut milk ice cream lately by letting it melt and stay on my tongue for a bit and only chewing it quickly. I've been meaning to get on the infrared bandwagon and hope to buy a light soon. I was at a hotel recently and they had a 250w infrared light in the bathroom and I stood under it for a while. :P

Nico said:
From this site _http://vielight.com/, the nose is the entry point of the redlight, because it's directly in contact with the brain. It made me think of cigarette smokes that is more rapidly inhale in the system by nose.

One of vielight.com's product was used in an Alzheimer's study with remarkable results. Still, Hamblin reminds us that nobody is 100% sure which is the best way to deliver it. They used the nostril lights and a helmet-like device. Hamblin says that for all we know, the light in the helmet-like device could have activated the stem cells in the cranium. Nevertheless, it is interesting to notice that there is a direct contact through the lamina cribosa (the end of our nasal cavity) with the brain. Intranasal delivery of medication seems as effective as intravenous, with a slight delay in comparison though.

Back
Top Bottom