The infrabed

I don't see why it could not be done. I think a good idea would be to start by gathering the data on parts and specs into one place, and then look it over for solutions.

I was thinking about the complexities of getting a clean modulation waveform. I have an idea that I think could be turned into a neat product, so what do you think about continuing privately?

Of course we could just go with your initial premise, since developing a product takes a while. I think we should start a new thread.
Ok I'd let an admin decide on thread moving/merging/creating etc. Meanwhile I sent you a PM.
.a

I had a question regarding the infrared sauna. I was some what slow to this, finally got one IR lamp, but I found that to be somewhat inconvenient to hold in one position and only for one part at a time. I was searching if there is any commercial facilities that can do full body, I found one near my house. They have "Clearlight Infrared Sauna" and they charge $30 for 30 minutes. They say it is Full spectrum infrared. I am wondering what is the difference between infrabed in this thread vs infra red sauna here.
Why Far Infrared Saunas? | Clearlight Infrared Saunas
In other posts, it was mentioned it will cost $10K, but googling the cost of "Clearlight Infrared Sauna" giving me $4K+. That makes me wonder there may be some differences between infrabed and this commercial one. Appreciate any suggestions.

I had a question regarding the infrared sauna. I was some what slow to this, finally got one IR lamp, but I found that to be somewhat inconvenient to hold in one position and only for one part at a time. I was searching if there is any commercial facilities that can do full body, I found one near my house. They have "Clearlight Infrared Sauna" and they charge $30 for 30 minutes. They say it is Full spectrum infrared. I am wondering what is the difference between infrabed in this thread vs infra red sauna here.
Why Far Infrared Saunas? | Clearlight Infrared Saunas
In other posts, it was mentioned it will cost $10K, but googling the cost of "Clearlight Infrared Sauna" giving me $4K+. That makes me wonder there may be some differences between infrabed and this commercial one. Appreciate any suggestions.
Maybe an infrared blanket would be an option? They are not so expensive as real saunas.

Just to make clear, far infrared is for sweating and detoxing. The infrared therapies discussed in this thread (and elsewhere on the forum) are approx. 700's to 1100 nm wavelengths for different benefits -- the infrabed using 950 nm.

Thank you SeekinTruth and Scottie for the information. I got little carried away because i thought I found affordable commercial one but it looks that is not that useful for NEAR INFRARED frequencies.

While looking for alternative to buidling it and some more powerful than what I have now, I looked at the internet. I found this Dr. Mercola article.

Dumps Nitric Oxide, Repairs DNA and Rejuvenates Your Cells While You Relax

He interviews a guy called Brain Richards who sell Near Infra red sauna (Saunaspace) which are based on the incandescent heat bulb like the one regullator mentioned here.

Brain in the above interview says:
- NEAR infra red: 700 -1200 nm though above 980nm is absorbed by water below the skin to make it not useful.
- Regular Infra red sauna's are mostly fall under in FAR infrared ( 3000 nm+, some say 2000 nm+)and they may have 10% NEAR INFRARED. Now a days. manufacturers claim "FULL SPECTRUM" by adding few LED's in the NEAR Infrared , but their effect insignificant.
- Talks about the irriradiance ( Power) - 10- 40 mW/Cm2 is good, Below that useless and above 100 mW/cm2 very harmful. It looks there is consensus above 100 Joules/cm2 is dangerous, but how much is safe upper margin is not clear.

His products are costly even though his product is based on 4 cheap incandescent heat bulbs. His products are here for concept purposes. _Shop | SaunaSpace

He talks about EMF radiance from these bulbs during the session. He says he found a solution to cancel the EMF by sending current in the opposite direction in the wire that is covering it( I guess). He also says many of the Infrared sauna's claim EMF free but they have very less magnetic field, but lot to electrical field( which manufacturers doesn't even mention anywhere).

In his article, Dr. Mercola suggests to start with Phillips R40 ( 250 W NEAR INFRA RED) bulb and expand it to 4 bulbs etc. as a affordable option.
It's really all about getting a natural dosage level of near-infrared wavelengths, but what is that? In the paper, "Infrared and Skin: Friend or Foe,"3 coauthor Michael Hamblin, Ph.D., notes that "solar IR-A average irradiance is around 20 mW/cm2 during the day with a peak irradiance reaching 40 mW/cm2."

Interestingly, the irradiance received in an incandescent near-infrared sauna at 24 inches from the four 250W lamps is about 30 mW/cm2, closely mimicking the near-infrared irradiance we get from sunlight.

30 mW/cm2 is equivalent to 1.8 joules per centimeter-squared (J/cm2) per minute, so a 20- to 30-minute near-infrared sauna session delivers around 36 to 54 J, which is right within the recommended photobiomodulation range discussed in-depth with Hamblin in my article, "Healing the Body With Photobiomodulation."

Essentially, what you're doing with near-infrared-based LLLT is stimulating your mitochondria to release nitric oxide (NO) and boosting adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production. Together, your mitochondria, NO and ATP work in concert to promote healing effects, such as DNA repair and cellular regeneration.
I got one R40 and little clip that can handle 250 W from Home Depot and tried it yesterday. I put the clip on my lamp stand, exposed different parts of the body from the 15 to 20 inches. Nearer to bulb can become hot fast (but bearable) and some sweat. I tend to get low sweat even during the Infrared blanket days. It looks one needs blackout googles which I ordered. I felt some thing different, lighter too early say.I am not sure what can be done with EMF though with this setup. For now, i will try this and see how it goes.

Attachments

• NEAR_INFRA_INCAND.jpg
    NEAR_INFRA_INCAND.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 11
seek10, there is a thread about the near infrared light therapy that gives a lot of details and research; no need to re-invent the wheel.

infrared light therapy
I am sorry for the posting. I saw the thread. I guess, I get scared to read long posts as i have a program that i should understand everything instantly. so, keep postponing it instead of slowly digesting to see all my questions have answers. Sorry for that.

After reading through this and the Photobiomodulation thread, and researching, I found this 48 LED 850nm IR Lamp on eBay. Some of the other ones I looked at on Amazon were sold out, like the Fuloon one, and/or higher wavelength range. Still NIR, up to 1250nm.

This lamp looks okay to me, or a few of them, unless there's something that stands out at all that I may have missed. Thank you everyone! It's been great going through all the different posts here :rockon:

When I have not-workout-neck/shoulder stiffness, I use one of these:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01I1RF2BU/

Usually, it results in weird tingling shooting down my legs and all kinds of weird-yet-pleasant sensations. Afterwards, I can feel my shoulders finally relax, which means I'm usually walking around with tensed shoulders. I haven't needed it as much lately, but for awhile there, it was an everyday thing.

Don't know if that will help, but it's been darn-near magical for me! :wizard:

Hi Scotty, looking for e device I can use while on an airplane for my lower back and neck, your link looks good and you seem happy! Can't read the specs though since it is in French.

Then there is this thing, and by looking at the picture looks good as well, but can't read the darn text...

https://www.amazon.fr/électrique-in...RS394Z3XV4N&psc=1&refRID=XVK8YBGRWRS394Z3XV4N

Actually, I'm happy with a FIR device or a FIR/NIR combo device...

I found this though:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Boston-Tec...F8&qid=1546258153&sr=1-1&keywords=boston+tech

Don't know if that is the same.

Or I'll just buy this one :

https://www.amazon.fr/SUGAR-Kigurim...2D8EB8XJC7V&psc=1&refRID=W5DDEXCK52D8EB8XJC7V

Best

Martin

Hi Scotty, looking for e device I can use while on an airplane for my lower back and neck, your link looks good and you seem happy! Can't read the specs though since it is in French.

I think they're all the same (except the last one ;-D).

When I got mine, I noticed they all look almost the same, but with slightly different buttons / brand names. So I'm guessing they're all manufactured in China and then resold by different companies.

As for FIR, I've never used the "heat mode" on mine. The default mode is just blue + red LEDs, which may or may not do anything. I would guess that the IR mode is probably just basic heat and not FIR.

I think they're all the same (except the last one ;-D).

When I got mine, I noticed they all look almost the same, but with slightly different buttons / brand names. So I'm guessing they're all manufactured in China and then resold by different companies.

As for FIR, I've never used the "heat mode" on mine. The default mode is just blue + red LEDs, which may or may not do anything. I would guess that the IR mode is probably just basic heat and not FIR.

Ok, many thanks.

I wish you and the rest a very Happy and Successful New Year!!:wizard:

I have one of those Shiatsu around the neck massagers. I don't think it's IR, just some LED lights that provide a little heat. I use it if my neck or back is stiff. You really need to take a good 30 minutes or more with it, as it's a slow process to get the knotted muscles sorted out. Otherwise for a quicker muscle release, I have a wooden 'hook roller massager' like this:

https://www.amazon.com/PTFit-Multi-Massager-Massage-Roller/dp/B005JQ0DMA

Back
Top Bottom