The Magnesium Miracle

Kniall said:
Thor said:
I was wondering if you, or any of the other EU-residents (well, I don't know for a fact that you're an EU-resident but that seems most likely) have come across a good Magnesium Oil that you can recommend?

I haven't, but that's because I am still using some expensive stuff that I purchased in a regular store. Belibaste suggested something here that I'm thinking of trying out.

Kniall, thanks for the tip. However, the post you're linking to is off limits to me. Can you quote it?

I will order the Magnesium Citrate powder from Myprotein as a starter.

Sure, here it is:

Aaron said:
I have been wanting to try magnesium oil since someone (you maybe?) mentioned it in a thread. I tried several local stores but they didn't carry it.

Belibaste said:
Hi Aaron,

Magnesium oil is usually very expensive.

A solution is to make your own: that's very simple.

- Get a small spray bottle
- Fill it fully with magnesium chloride (you can find it online in vet shops, cattle shops...)
- Add just enough water (you want the solution to be saturated in MgCl)

Thanks a lot. I have now ordered both the magnesium supplement powder and the flakes and am looking forward to seeing how my body reacts...

In particular, it would be a great bonus if it had an impact on my chronic lower back pain. Maybe that'll have to wait until change my diet (also just ordered The Ultramind Solution, Detoxify or Die and Detoxification and Healing :) )and get a FIR blanket. Regardless of the back pain I really like the idea of cleaning the machine so that have significant value in itself.

I have done some additional searching and have found a cheap place to buy magnesium chloride in Europe. It is from a German site and costs only EUR 3.50 per kilo if you buy 5 kilos. The shipping costs vary from country to country and range from approximately 7-10 Euros for most of Europe.

According to the site (and my very rusty German skills) the product is the cleanest pharma grade quality and approved for human food stuff. However, it does not explain what criteria need to be met to be granted such approval.

If it is considered bad form to recommend specific products please let me know.

_www.aquafair.de/product_info.php/cPath/45_63/products_id/369

It sounds fine to me.

And yes, your low back pain will probably go away with dietary changes. That is one thing that totally amazed me.

I have been taking magnesium glycinate, because that was the only form they had at my local coop that was one of the forms recommended by Mark Hyman in UltraMind Solution, but I ran out this week and ordered magnesium citrate online because of the recommendations in this thread. I wanted to report that the difference in my body has been noticeable and immediate. I started on the magnesium citrate yesterday and I feel much more relaxed today, my muscles are not as tense and sore as they usually are and I have much more energy than usual. Last night when I was falling asleep my arms, hands, legs and feet were tingling, twitching and "uncramping" and I laid awake for a long time observing the sensations and listening to the rain fall outside my window.

I have been taking 400mg of magnesium glycinate each day, as that is the amount recommended by Dr. Hyman. I suffer from chronic muscle stiffness and aching in my back, shoulders, neck and arms, but I noticed almost immediate relief of these symptoms yesterday after taking magnesium citrate. Would upping the dosage help, or is 400mg a day the appropriate amount to take?

Thanks,
Seamas

The recommended dose is around 700mg of magnesium. I have taken glycinate, malate, citrate, and orotate. My favorite is still magnesium citrate as well.

I'm wondering what the content of magnesium is in the average chlorophyll supplement. might be a good way to get magnesium. I don't have anything against magnesium citrate. just have been wondering about this since I discovered chlorophyll has a magnesium atom in the center of it.

Psyche said:
Seamas said:
Thanks Psyche, I will up my dosage accordingly.

If you have diarrhea or loose stools, you can cut by 200mg.

Is magnesium oil a good way to get the daily dose as well, without worrying about this issue?

Seamas said:
Is magnesium oil a good way to get the daily dose as well, without worrying about this issue?

Yeah, magnesium oil is a good solution. A 25-35% magnesium chloride solution delivers between 13 and 18 mg per pump.

mkrnhr said:
Is magnesium carbonate okay?

It is an inorganic salt, like magnesium chloride and sulfate (epsom salts). FWIW, magnesium chelate (malate, citrate, glycinate, orotate, taurate) has a better oral absorption.

Another important thing, you all remember to take your magnesium a couple of hours after eating, or an hour before eating. It alkalinizes your stomach and that is very bad. You all need stomach acidity for proper digestion and food absorption. Type As tend to have lower stomach acidity in general and that is why they are not prone to eat meats.

Psyche said:
mkrnhr said:
Is magnesium carbonate okay?

It is an inorganic salt, like magnesium chloride and sulfate (epsom salts). FWIW, magnesium chelate (malate, citrate, glycinate, orotate, taurate) has a better oral absorption.

Another important thing, you all remember to take your magnesium a couple of hours after eating, or an hour before eating. It alkalinizes your stomach and that is very bad. You all need stomach acidity for proper digestion and food absorption. Type As tend to have lower stomach acidity in general and that is why they are not prone to eat meats.

I have been taking it with food, thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom