The Ra material and the Cassiopaeans

ajseph 21 said:
It would seem that anticipation can block realization and reduce you to a machine running programs with no intent at all.

Here's a segment from October 28, 1994 transcript, which sheds more light...and complexity...on "intent" versus "anticipation". In this case, the concept of "belief system" may be relevant as well. It had to do with smoking, and the subsequent development of lung cancer in some people.

Q: (L) Does smoking enhance psychic abilities?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Is it true that the government program to stamp out smoking is inspired by the Lizzies?
A: Yes because they know it may heighten psychic abilities.
Q: (L) What is causing the lung cancer they are attributing to smoking?
A: Mental conditioning and subliminal programming to expect it.
Q: (L) So, it only happens if you are convinced that it can and must happen?
A: Correct.

So were these people not "anticipating"? Or were they truly "intending" because their belief system was corrupted.

So were these people not "anticipating"? Or were they truly "intending" because their belief system was corrupted. Hmm, it would appear to be anticipation because most people don't intend to get sick by smoking. They feel the positive effects, call it addictive because of programming and the same conditioning brings the expectation of cancer. Cancer comes which deepens the programming of others and the cycle continues. It makes me think on the importance of a clean psychic hygiene especially when a wrong belief can turn a positive thing like nicotine into poison. And we could even take conscience and buffers into consideration and the fact that man doesn't want to give up his suffering like G said. How many times have people on this network tried telling others about animal fats and the Work only to be countered by vegetarian, new age and other dogma? What's bringing them pleasure is bringing them suffering. But with intentions if we realize that the possibilities are unlimited than we wont anticipate but DO

There's a difference between belief and anticipation/expectation. Beliefs are inculcated into us from birth forward. Anticipation/expectation is often contrary to beliefs; that is system 1 beliefs override system 2 narratives. You may create a narrative, but if it contradicts what system 1 BELIEVEs, you'll sabotage yourself. That's why it is so important to not create this conflict.

Note: the above will only make sense if you have read Wilson's "Strangers to Ourselves" and Khaneman's "Thinking: Fast and Slow".

Laura said:
Note: the above will only make sense if you have read Wilson's "Strangers to Ourselves" and Khaneman's "Thinking: Fast and Slow".

Thanks Laura. I will look into those.

FWIF, I find the subject of "intention" heavily discussed in Castaneda's work. With numerous concrete associated practices. Likewise, this issue is also central to Taoist yogic instruction...particularly in neikung (internal work). Here too, steps for attainment are carefully enunciated in various ancient texts. I find myself at present moving constantly (and hopefully productively) among these three sources (C material)...aiming for better understanding. And seeking workable systematic techniques.

As an aside, I've been experimenting with a form of "mental exercises of denial". It's a bit of "unbending intent" coupled with a lot of Taoist "emptiness". We shall see. The "pure faith of a nonprejudicial kind" however, is going to be a lot harder I think.

Thanks Laura this really did clear up some confusion for me on the subject and I'll be reading Thinking: Fast and Slow soon. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but would balancing our beliefs with objective reality and then forming an expectation be the right process of intent?

ajseph 21 said:
Thanks Laura this really did clear up some confusion for me on the subject and I'll be reading Thinking: Fast and Slow soon. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but would balancing our beliefs with objective reality and then forming an expectation be the right process of intent?

I think the idea is to not form any expectation - expectation is anticipation. I think the idea is to just be open to what is and what will be while working hard on paying attention to reality so that you can sort of "see" what is and what might be, and in seeing it, act on it (which would, I think, be your version of 'intent'). Combining that sort of mind set with an unweighted faith (faith in the wisdom of the 'cosmic mind' that is impersonal and not self-interested) would be ideal, though it is difficult to do, being STS beings with the default setting of "me and mine" pretty much always interfering with clearer vision.

Sitting, the problem with Taoist 'emptiness' is that emptiness is the opposite of Creativity. It is, by its very nature, a turning inward (or contractile) - not to mention that when one empties ones mind, there are entities who just love to attempt to "fill it up" and often do. The Eiriu Eolas form of seeded meditation is much more effective at focusing oneself and connecting with the real parts of oneself. It is active and creative. I think it really comes down to using our minds FOR our higher selves rather than the usual state of having our minds constantly pulling us this way and that away from the truth of ourselves and this reality. Strangers to Ourselves and Thinking Fast and Slow are great for really grasping how completely our minds pull us this way and that all day every day. fwiw.

anart said:
the problem with Taoist 'emptiness' is that emptiness is the opposite of Creativity. It is, by its very nature, a turning inward (or contractile)

I think Taoist "emptiness" denotes something a little different.

It's calming down the internal dialogue. The doing away with self importance. And the banishment of desire and obsession...and perhaps anticipation as well.

That said, there is one thing I wish to add concerning Taoist philosophy. Comprehensive as it may be, it simply does not address at all "the topic of topics". And this may be a significant if not fatal flaw.

Anart what you said in your post reminds me of a quote from ISOTM; "This was an inevitable stage everybody passes until they have learned to understand that it is useless to think of the possibility or impossibility of big and distant achievements, and that a man must value what he gets today without thinking of what he may get tomorrow." Paying attention to what is and in seeing it acting on it with pure faith in the Cosmic mind would seem to be placing value on the present without needless haste and speculation on future hopes and fears. The future is not set in stone so we can't be rigid or that would be sleep or lacking faith in creation as the C's have said. The Tao states, The Master leads by emptying people's minds and filling their cores,by weakening their ambition and toughening their resolve. The Tao is also called the eternal void filled with infinite possibilities like a well that is used but never used up so this could be creative if filled by EE meditation fwiw. Thank you for your insights.

Book 4 and 5 of the Ra material also seem to place a great emphasis on STO sending light and love...The C's material suggests that sending love and light where it has not been requested is like sending buckets of vomit

Hi Team,

Happened to stumble across the Ra material 'Re-listening Project' a little while ago and found this interesting (from the unedited original transcript).

ra.png

Reminiscent of the early 'C's session where 'they' mention they were neither STO or STS and is also beginning to drive home (for me anyway :-[) the deep truth in Laura's discussions regarding -

...accessing nature/knowledge is also aligning with the vertical axis of Being

In contrast with the left axis of STS or the right of STO.

Which appears to make the identification / recognition of 'bias' particularly notable?

Cheers

J

I enjoyed the language Ra used in the Law of One.
I'm less keen on the language used by Laura & the C's.

I enjoyed the language Ra used in the Law of One.
I'm less keen on the language used by Laura & the C's.

I am Duyunne. I communicate now. I am not those of the love or of the light. I am those of the law of Duyunne. In my vibration the polarities are harmonized, the complexities simplified and the distortions distortiofied. We are one. Of unity. Blah blah blah...

The way ra communicates is off putting and mostly nonsense. This style usually deters me from spending any substantial amount of time on it. That said, I do dip in and find some of ra’s messages to be accurate or intriguing. I guess I’m just keen on to the point communication, not a convoluted word salad menagerie.

It’s as if the source material was re-written to fit an unreasonable word count expected on an over due essay.

I didn't think it to be word salad, I found it to be clear, concise and accurate, even if pedantic.

I find the C's use of slang ("Lizzies"?!) the cosmic equivalence of lazy and "unprofessional".

It's a style of writing I'm not a fan of in humans, never mind cosmic communicators.

if only you could lead this example of how you think things should be with your own writing style.

You could have said something like:

“I am Complexity. I communicate now. I am not those of love and light. I am of the management of the cosmic customer complaint department. The Cs distortion of the reptilian alien species is an unnecessary distortion of humour. This violates my feeling on the topic and negates my presence at this forum.”

if only you could lead this example of how you think things should be with your own writing style.

You could have said something like:

“I am Complexity. I communicate now. I am not those of love and light. I am of the management of the cosmic customer complaint department. The Cs distortion of the reptilian alien species is an unnecessary distortion of humour. This violates my feeling on the topic and negates my presence at this forum.”

Talk about missing the forest for the trees and valuing your violated feelings more than reality! Bias is a killer ;-)

Back
Top Bottom