The Vegetarian Myth

Right now it's not exactly perfect though since I have to perfect fermentation but Im sure it can work. I'll use rejuvelac to ferment, and also when making juices of the greens I'll put some rejuvelac in there. I've been vegan a long time, and this is the only variation that seems to work for me, or atleast this is the best thing I've come to. As natural part of the evolution of my diet. I still do take b12, and vitamin D because they're risky.

As for k2, again fermenting helps with that but there are also strains in some beans, and also sunflower that help with that. One can make solid state ferment of those seeds/beans or make rejuvelac, then use that to inoculate other veggies for fermenting. As for carnosine, yeah, I have to agree I haven't found any science articles that would suggest vegans can get it. But also carnosine is not all that important it seems when you're using the sprouts and ferments, since again carnosine can come from ferments. It's also not exctly an essential amino acid.

It is comical seeing thest0rm come in as a new person and then dump on this place and the founding force. I've seen a couple instances similar to this in just the couple months since I came here.

I am thinking that is a reason why it can be difficult to extend help to new people. Things like they are not open or interested to new ideas, they are not asking for help, they are not doing the work. I do wonder sometimes when I trying to catch up in a post whether what I'm reading from the past is now incorrect according to the state of the art knowledge, but then I tell myself I should do all the reading first and then ask more questions.

I remember I had a knee jerk reaction to the idea that soy was bad, having drank soy milk like water for years. Then perhaps within a week or two I got rid of soy milk after reading the health research and leads here.

Im not a typical vegan, or vegetarian. In fact, not even typical raw vegan. Sproutarian is a very specific kind, and they don't follow the majority of what the previous three mentioned do.

I am however even rarer in that I'm doing the ketogenic way. most sproutarians, atleast starting out, don't do it this way. They'll have sprouted grains and/or legumes. This is a very specific diet of sprouts, microgreens, algaes and seaweeds, and ferments. Ferments of the sprouted seeds/grains/legumes. And Juices are a major factor as well, I don't juice because I don't have a juicer. That's a big step that I have to accomplish, for now I just blend and strain with a colander some sprout greens. In fact some would say if your not doing juices you're not really on the path.

But whatever, so far it's been great except for one major thing which Im working on just yet (fermenting/sprouting properly flax and chia seeds). Other than that it really seems perfect.

thest0rm said:
I am however even rarer in that I'm doing the ketogenic way. most sproutarians, atleast starting out, don't do it this way. They'll have sprouted grains and/or legumes. This is a very specific diet of sprouts, microgreens, algaes and seaweeds, and ferments. Ferments of the sprouted seeds/grains/legumes. And Juices are a major factor as well, I don't juice because I don't have a juicer. That's a big step that I have to accomplish, for now I just blend and strain with a colander some sprout greens. In fact some would say if your not doing juices you're not really on the path.

But whatever, so far it's been great except for one major thing which Im working on just yet (fermenting/sprouting properly flax and chia seeds). Other than that it really seems perfect.

This is intriguing. So are you able to maintain ketosis while eating grains and legumes? What is your daily carbohydrate intake? Are you able to measure your ketone levels? I find that I need to be under 20-30 grams of carbs to maintain ketosis, and if I go up to 50grams my ketone levels drop (I can still be in mild ketosis but it's on the edge). Also, do you find that fills you up? If I don't have a good amount of fat with my food I get hungry very easily and feel tired later in the day. I used to like beans but can't really eat them and stay in ketosis (also the anti-nutrients are the best thing either).

I never said I eat grains and legumes.

I only eat seeds for my main caloric intake. ie fatty seeds, sproute sesame, sprouted chia/flax, and sprouted sunflower.

I do use grains though to make rejuvelac which is a liquid of soaked sprouted grain, or bean, or cabbage. This is what is used to ferment the sprouts for 1-2 days.

Ah okay, so mainly just sprouted seeds and such? Do you know what your daily carb intake is? I'm still wondering how you maintain ketosis...

Im sorry for having to update the thread all the time. THere's no edit function.

I use not just grains but also beans, and now i've been using cabbage. WIll try to use kale though with parsley and some kelp to make kale/cabbage/parsley/kelp rejuvelac. When using grains/beans, it's basically the soak water of their sprouts which have been used to soak them with for 2 days. Rejuvelac from cabbage, other crucifers and greens+kelp take about 3-4 days. You'd have to read about it for details.

fabric said:
Ah okay, so mainly just sprouted seeds and such? Do you know what your daily carb intake is? I'm still wondering how you maintain ketosis...

Oh it has to be less than 50? I read in another place it has to be less than 100g daily of glucose. Whatever that means. That's what I've been aiming for though.

Another one I've read is less than 20g of carbs every 4 hrs.

And this is Net carbs right?

Yeah I just checked my fitday.com It's less than 50g of carbs a day. And about 60-65% fat, around 20% carbs, 15-20% protein. I mean it's not always exact but it's approx. there.

If I start juicing I'd imagine the carbs would go up a bit more, in which case I'd have to be careful of not going over 50g carbs. Proably 20-30% carbs no more. Maybe even less.

thest0rm said:
fabric said:

Oh it has to be less than 50? I read in another place it has to be less than 100g daily of glucose. Whatever that means. That's what I've been aiming for though.

Another one I've read is less than 20g of carbs every 4 hrs.

And this is Net carbs right?

Yeah I just checked my fitday.com It's less than 50g of carbs a day. And about 60-65% fat, around 20% carbs, 15-20% protein. I mean it's not always exact but it's approx. there.

You can grab ketostix at a local pharmacy and test this out. It's not exact, but if you're getting into the pink/purplish range, your body is producing ketones even if your body isn't utilizing them efficiently as a fuel source. But there are indications as to whether your in ketosis or not, your body sends signs. Leg cramping while transitioning, funny smelling breathe and urine.

I use not just grains but also beans, and now i've been using cabbage. WIll try to use kale though with parsley and some kelp to make kale/cabbage/parsley/kelp rejuvelac. When using grains/beans, it's basically the soak water of their sprouts which have been used to soak them with for 2 days. Rejuvelac from cabbage, other crucifers and greens+kelp take about 3-4 days. You'd have to read about it for details.

Where do you get your complete proteins from? As far as I know, beans and grains, even though they contain some proteins, they are incomplete proteins and the amount that you'd need to eat from different sources would kick you out of it. Also, there's the mTOR function where you'd need to keep your protein levels to roughly 25 grams or less per meal or it starts converting into sugar.

the sprouted seeds provide ample amounts of provide. Anyhwere from 70-90g of protein. I haven't figured out proper proportions yet to be honest but at the least I get is 70 g, with a tbsp of spirulina.

Oh I did not know that about the mTOR. Well I read about it a long time ago but I guess I never paid attention to it. Isn't there something also like that about carbohydrates, or like max amount of glucose that insuling can utilize per half or 1 hr?

I think the seeds contain much better proteins than do the beans/grains. And if you supplement that with concentrated greens it's awesome.

Plus sprouted seeds will have free amino acids which are better than crude protein. The fact that it's raw also means that it's better absorbed, whereas I've read I think from the Plank institute that cooking denatures protein making up to 50% unavailable for the body to absorb. That says a lot if true.

Back
Top Bottom