The X-Files reboot

Woodsman said:
Neil said:
I was quite surprised that they brought the show back, considering how 9/11 pretty much closed the circle of mainstream media propagandistic control of everything, and Chris even presented that directly in the first episode. FOX must be getting desperate for money and they decided they had to put something a little less vapid on air to boost their bottom line. I was a bit peeved at the "there is no alien conspiracy" line taken in the first episode, but I figured it was just a plot twist like has been employed in earlier seasons to make Mulder believe that aliens don't exist and to abandon his quest; keeping the audience in suspense. I'm eagerly awaiting the 6th episode to see if FOX brought the series back just to lure more open-minded and aware people down a dark alley of the so-called disclosure agenda.

This new series seems co-opted to me. -I don't know, though. I find my Red Flags go flapping on a hair trigger when it comes to broadcast TV. There may well be more than one single influence moving through this attempt at feeding information to the public mind.

But at the moment there seems to be a bit of a push to kill popular conspiracies, to really tamp down the official weed into people's pipes.

-That Stephen King time travel, "Let's stop the JFK assassination" story has been turned into a TV series. "11.22.63"

If you've read that book, then you know that King has cleaved tightly to the official story; Oswald was nuts, worked alone and there's nothing strange to see here. -Also, Kennedy HAD to die, in order to preserve the health of the space-time continuum.

I guess it pays to be a propagandist. Merit and skill as an author does not assure success. Lots of people have merit and skill. The media picks who wins, and it seems many super-popular creative media darlings are shilling for the Beast. -Or are useful idiots who have been fed corrupted channel "inspiration".

It still burns me to think that Lucas could have done so much good with those unfortunate prequel Star Wars movies. I'm fairly certain he suffered from STS 4D attack; had his brain addled to prevent his highly politically relevant films from being well made or resonating correctly. And now the Rat owns the franchise and put J.J. Abrams, the king of media fools, in charge, with crippling results. What a cultural tragedy! Star Wars has been transformed from powerful metaphor into a meaningless daydream for sleepers.

I think the Wachowskis were similarly addled and hampered.

I can't imagine somebody like Chris Carter will have been overlooked!

Hey Woodsman, couldnt have agreed with you more. Especially regarding Lucas, wachowski's and even this new x-files season. It does seem that these once brilliant ideas with great depth and meaning, have become these tacky, visual fests. I was particually disappointed with the new star wars. Sitting through it, i kept saying in my head, they just made this to sell toys. The depth is gone. grrr. Too bad!!

Watched episode 5 last night and of course it begins with a bomb going off and the Muslims are to blame. Take away that aspect of it and the rest of the episode was fun to watch.

It wasn't too bad, the drug 'trip' reminded me of those from peyote etc... hopefully the next and last of the series will end on a better note that this 'sell-out' stuff, though I did like the new younger version introduced of the duo in the other agents as a mirror of themselves. Interesting for the producers hoping perhaps to start up a new series but if this return short series is any guide, it won't be worth the trip or trouble. I still get the idea that the actor playing Mulder isn't even trying, but that is also how his part is being written, so it's hard to blame him and perhaps he knows this is all a joke after all? So why bother to pretend and put in a real performance like the woman, who has a much more dramatic script to work with... but in comparison to the 'new team', their younger mirror, they both put in better performances... while the old Mulder seems 'out to lunch'... and smiling while day-dreaming, and who knows, maybe that's how it will end? ;)

Ugh. Why do I continually subject myself to this stuff..? I think I might have to take care of an addiction here...

To recap episode #5:

-Terrorists are real, numerous and here and on homeland soil, and the Good FBI aren't honey-trapping and guiding mentally deficient boys even a little bit. No sir! It's all the fault of that evil religion and Bad Men from the desert.

-Nice but ultimately meaningless feel-good character interplay with dancing and popular music and life-after-death experiences which have little bearing on anything important.

-Electric stresses in the Earth's atmosphere are God playing trumpets, answering Mulder's word-salady questions about life, love and reality.

I don't recall the old X-Files being so feel-good and dreamy and full of misdirection and falsehoods.

"When you drift off into a warm, dreamy state, that's when the knife is slipped between your ribs..." (Paraphrasing the C's).

Hmm, looking like various folks' expectations for the miniseries haven't been being met.

I guess I'm a little surprised to see that 'non-anticipation' hasn't been employed more in this case... ;)

kalibex said:
Hmm, looking like various folks' expectations for the miniseries haven't been being met.

I guess I'm a little surprised to see that 'non-anticipation' hasn't been employed more in this case... ;)
Well, it was a good show for TV, considering. It's disheartening to see it go down the tubes. The Cassiopaeans even gave it a quasi-endorsement at one time.
Session941119 said:
Q: (T) Does Commodore Kirk die at the end of the movie? (V) Does X-files have the Lizzie influence?
A: No.
Q: (T) Does X-files tell the people what they need to hear?
A: Yes.
Woodsman said:
I guess it pays to be a propagandist. Merit and skill as an author does not assure success. Lots of people have merit and skill. The media picks who wins, and it seems many super-popular creative media darlings are shilling for the Beast. -Or are useful idiots who have been fed corrupted channel "inspiration".

It still burns me to think that Lucas could have done so much good with those unfortunate prequel Star Wars movies. I'm fairly certain he suffered from STS 4D attack; had his brain addled to prevent his highly politically relevant films from being well made or resonating correctly. And now the Rat owns the franchise and put J.J. Abrams, the king of media fools, in charge, with crippling results. What a cultural tragedy! Star Wars has been transformed from powerful metaphor into a meaningless daydream for sleepers.

I think the Wachowskis were similarly addled and hampered
Well, if we're going to discuss other movies, I never thought that Star Wars was intended to be an esoteric "waking up" movie. It seems that Lucas just copied the Hero template from Joseph Campbell, threw in some of the metaphysical ideas circulating amongst the hippy crowd at the time (which happened to be fairly accurate), and wrapped it in a sci-fi setting with cool spaceships and special effects. I guess it was a lot more impressive if you were around in the 70s to see its debut because it was a pretty much original film idea. I liked the films, and agree that the OT was more engrossing than the PT, but for me Star Wars movies were never more than a sort of allegorical psuedometaphysical infotainment. I watched Force Awakens with the same attitude, and it met my expectations. It hits on some more subtle themes to keep the mind engaged, if you're interested in the emotional dramas surrounding the hero archetype, but the plot doesn't seem to be trying to convey any deep messages like the Matrix trilogy did.

As far as Wachowskis, I guess you were referring to Jupiter Ascending, which I didn't think was a bad movie, considering what they had to work with. I heard a rumor, that it was originally meant to be a trilogy, and they had to cram it into one movie because Hollywood gave it the axe. I thought it was interesting that they had the Greys doing the routine abduction jobs, the Lizzies were kind of military coordinators, and the humans from Orus were the overseers. It's straight out of the transcripts basically. How much closer to Orion can you get without actually saying it. I also thought it was interesting that they went around harvesting people, turning them into some type of elixir that they absorb through their skin so that they could live longer. This is basically what 4D STS does, although it is not always so physical. The end of the movie made the STS juggernaut seem omnipotent, which was kind of depressing and I'm sure it was a message 4D would want to convey. I know we like deep, heartfelt movies on this forum, and the whole thing was kind of held together with some cheesy adolescent romance, but there was actually quite a bit of information in it, and the Wachowskis were definitely aiming to plant a seed. I watched Interstellar immediately after Jupiter Ascending, which did have a lot of the deep heartfelt moments in it, and I was thinking that if you could combine the plotlines of those two movies into the same universe, you'd actually have something pretty profound. Of course, the Matrix won't let you broadcast something that is too truthful, which I find immensely irritating.

Getting back to X-files, the 5th episode did seem like a sort of word-salady propaganda episode to me. The trumpets may have symbolized some sort of higher reality reflection of the physical world a la human cosmic connection, but then the episode ended and the subject will never be explored deeper, so there's no point in speculating any further about it. As meta-agnostic said, they seem to be throwing these intellectually titillating ideas out there which are not really developed to keep those who know things interested while trying to feed you this BS story with all of the form of old X-files but none of the substance. One more episode until we know for sure where things are headed. I'm betting it will have to be a mixed bag based on the media environment it must survive in, but will it be 25% crap or 75% crap?

Neil said:
Well, if we're going to discuss other movies, I never thought that Star Wars was intended to be an esoteric "waking up" movie. It seems that Lucas just copied the Hero template from Joseph Campbell, threw in some of the metaphysical ideas circulating amongst the hippy crowd at the time (which happened to be fairly accurate), and wrapped it in a sci-fi setting with cool spaceships and special effects. I guess it was a lot more impressive if you were around in the 70s to see its debut because it was a pretty much original film idea. I liked the films, and agree that the OT was more engrossing than the PT, but for me Star Wars movies were never more than a sort of allegorical psuedometaphysical infotainment. I watched Force Awakens with the same attitude, and it met my expectations. It hits on some more subtle themes to keep the mind engaged, if you're interested in the emotional dramas surrounding the hero archetype, but the plot doesn't seem to be trying to convey any deep messages like the Matrix trilogy did.

I've always felt that Star Wars was far more awareness-prodding than many give it credit.

The Force, suggesting an intelligent cosmos, is a much more palatable idea than any of the standard world religions. It certainly introduced what, to this day, has proven a useful foundation stone in my own current belief structure. It provided a third path of spiritual awareness for an entire generation to consider which led between Monotheism and Atheism, and it wasn't soaked in "Love will conquer all" hippie nonsense and ritual.

Also, I've not explored very deeply into Rudolph Steiner's "Anthroposophy", but that aspect of Star Wars, Spirit versus the Machine, seems to carry some useful intellectual cargo as well. The following link is to an essay describing how Star Wars as we know it came to be. Douglas Gabriel, apparently, is the man who introduced the Force, invented the light saber and changed the main protagonist's name from Luke "Starkiller" to Skywalker, among a host of other things...

http://cosmicconvergence.org/?p=12888

I don't know how much of that content led directly into wakefulness, but I do think Star Wars conditioned the slumbering populace, so to speak, so that later, more articulate forces would find more fertile ground than otherwise.

Neil said:
As far as Wachowskis, I guess you were referring to Jupiter Ascending, which I didn't think was a bad movie, considering what they had to work with. I heard a rumor, that it was originally meant to be a trilogy, and they had to cram it into one movie because Hollywood gave it the axe. I thought it was interesting that they had the Greys doing the routine abduction jobs, the Lizzies were kind of military coordinators, and the humans from Orus were the overseers. It's straight out of the transcripts basically. How much closer to Orion can you get without actually saying it. I also thought it was interesting that they went around harvesting people, turning them into some type of elixir that they absorb through their skin so that they could live longer. This is basically what 4D STS does, although it is not always so physical. The end of the movie made the STS juggernaut seem omnipotent, which was kind of depressing and I'm sure it was a message 4D would want to convey. I know we like deep, heartfelt movies on this forum, and the whole thing was kind of held together with some cheesy adolescent romance, but there was actually quite a bit of information in it, and the Wachowskis were definitely aiming to plant a seed. I watched Interstellar immediately after Jupiter Ascending, which did have a lot of the deep heartfelt moments in it, and I was thinking that if you could combine the plotlines of those two movies into the same universe, you'd actually have something pretty profound. Of course, the Matrix won't let you broadcast something that is too truthful, which I find immensely irritating.

Jupiter Ascending should have been brilliant, I thought, but it fell short. It came off as having a very similar "failure profile" as the Star Wars prequels; lacking impact due to poor production controls resulting in its ultimately being ignored by the public. It miscarried powerful ideas. -Much like the political messages in the Star Wars prequels were miscarried; Phantom Menace, was in many ways a fairly direct allegory for 9/11 and the American Empire's attempts to control everything.

Jupiter Ascending was intended to be a 3 part series, but the Wachowskis did not prove strong or wise enough in the face of opposition to maintain adequate control over their project. Addled and hampered.

Neil said:
Getting back to X-files, the 5th episode did seem like a sort of word-salady propaganda episode to me. The trumpets may have symbolized some sort of higher reality reflection of the physical world a la human cosmic connection, but then the episode ended and the subject will never be explored deeper, so there's no point in speculating any further about it. As meta-agnostic said, they seem to be throwing these intellectually titillating ideas out there which are not really developed to keep those who know things interested while trying to feed you this BS story with all of the form of old X-files but none of the substance. One more episode until we know for sure where things are headed. I'm betting it will have to be a mixed bag based on the media environment it must survive in, but will it be 25% crap or 75% crap?

That's my reaction as well. -I'm leaning toward 75% or higher.

I get the impression that folks were hoping for more 'truth' (or perhaps a less camouflaged truth) appearing in the current miniseries revival... Just wondering if that was a reasonable expectation ::shrug::

As I mentioned, I'll have to see the last episode to see if something more appears that ties it all together, so I'm not judging the whole until I've seen it all, next week. A re-watch might even be in order to make sure I didn't miss anything that will make more sense in hindsight.

Just curious; not trying to be snarky, but were those of you currently grumbling about the miniseries hoping some of the concepts that are part of the working world-view of this forum would show up more obviously during the miniseries? That when Mulder went to Scully complaining that they'd been mislead, that he'd intimate that he now realized, it was actually psychopaths and UTs/higher level beings messing with humanity, instead?

You know full well that even if Carter et al are aware of that information, and found it plausible, and wished to spread knowledge.... that if they'd tried to insert those concepts too obviously... there wouldn't currently be an X-Files miniseries.

I didn't expect it to be particularly earth-shattering but you make a fair point, kalibex. I've pondered over the phrase "tell people what they need to hear" in the transcripts before. It can be interpreted multiple ways; as either giving a clue for those searching or as reinforcing assumptions for those not particularly interested. I feel like the original series contributed toward helping me awaken, but it also contributed to skeptics being able to dismiss esoteric subjects rather glibly as being from an X-Files episode. There's no real reason the new series should or could be any different. It may inspire the right people to dig deeper and the rest to dismiss whatever they hear. Do any of the "right" people still believe in genuine Muslim suicide bomber terror plots? And would they instantly know that including such a plotline was for appeasement/damage control? I don't know.

kalibex said:
I get the impression that folks were hoping for more 'truth' (or perhaps a less camouflaged truth) appearing in the current miniseries revival... Just wondering if that was a reasonable expectation ::shrug::

I was waiting for the end of the series to make a similar remark: it's just a tv series. Some episodes are fun, with fun references to interesting things or concepts, other episodes are boring to death. Sometimes there are good ideas, sometimes there are bad ideas, like in any other series/movie. Maybe something in a tv program with trigger the imagination or the curiosity of certain viewers (paranormal, justice, science, sport, etc.) about something, but that's because there is always already a predisposition in those viewers. So, it's a fun and interesting series to watch (sometimes) and if there are interesting things that come up, nice. If not, the truth is out there.

meta-agnostic said:
It may inspire the right people to dig deeper and the rest to dismiss whatever they hear.

As I see it, a lot of information is put out there for those as have eyes to see... but they of course have to go start looking, confirming, and networking. Many are apparently caught in the various Disinfo nets, but... ::shrug:: Got to start somewhere.

Do any of the "right" people still believe in genuine Muslim suicide bomber terror plots? And would they instantly know that including such a plotline was for appeasement/damage control? I don't know.

Well...it might have been appeasement...but without knowing the exact details of supposed false flag operations, we know it's within the realm of possibility that a group of actual angry-enough-to-commit-terroism muslims could be recruited and manipulated into carrying out events traumatic enough to convince the public to permit various civil rights roll-backs, for example. If we hear of such a 'roll-back' in the last episode next Monday, that might indicate the meaning behind that particular plot point. (Sure would be great if our protagonists get a hint, even if it's a really subtle, passing bit of info., that the guy leading them was CIA, etc.) Doubt Carter would be able to get away with that, but just have to wait and see.

Well, after criticizing Duchovny's performance as Mulder, or rather non-performance it seems that mannerism will show up in the end in the usual UFO over the shoulder while no one is looking routine... perhaps this time Scully will be there to find/locate/see her son? a boy wasn't it? They've inserted that as her key character trait this time around, so it should show up around the same time Mulder's false obliviousness and self-ridicule wears off by this lightning-struck-tower scene, probably at the very end to act as a teaser for an uncoming 3rd movie! :lol: Meanwhile, Fox TV introduces a new tv show with the new versions of them as introduced last week.... or something like that.

kalibex said:

As I mentioned, I'll have to see the last episode to see if something more appears that ties it all together, so I'm not judging the whole until I've seen it all, next week. A re-watch might even be in order to make sure I didn't miss anything that will make more sense in hindsight.

Just curious; not trying to be snarky, but were those of you currently grumbling about the miniseries hoping some of the concepts that are part of the working world-view of this forum would show up more obviously during the miniseries? That when Mulder went to Scully complaining that they'd been mislead, that he'd intimate that he now realized, it was actually psychopaths and UTs/higher level beings messing with humanity, instead?

You know full well that even if Carter et al are aware of that information, and found it plausible, and wished to spread knowledge.... that if they'd tried to insert those concepts too obviously... there wouldn't currently be an X-Files miniseries.

I was hoping for shared knowledge rather than lies and deceptions and negative programming.

Previous examples (The Matrix, old X-Files and the C's comments regarding who inspired what), suggest that the STS forces haven't always had an absolute lock down on media, and that some powerful positive messages can sometimes make it through. I was hoping to see more of this, and also interested in deconstructing the messages we do see so as to counter-act any negative programming effects they might otherwise carry.

Through the C's, we have sometimes been given the message, "You must let people learn at their own speed. Do not violate."

Other times, we are given the message, "Give a lie what it calls for; truth" -and that fighting is indeed sometimes a valid response to injury and attack, necessary in order to honor the creation.

There is surely a balance to be found between.

I think a good deal of our experiences here in this reality are wrapped up in the question of whether or not this planet will go dark, not just in 3D but in the next level up after the Wave moves through. Will we end up with a reality where the creative principle is honored as a way of life, or one where the ultimate expression of a psychopath-dominated reality is made manifest? I have a vested interest in the latter not happening, so I take a good deal of interest in these media battles for hearts and minds, as it were.

Establishing vibrational anchors within populations can alter mass-behavior in many ways. A strong voice speaking for peace and understanding can literally change the direction of an entire reality, just as negative media messages can do the same.

And actually, kalibex, I am going to be bold here and point out that you are coming off as a bit snarky. I think you probably recognize this, otherwise why bring it up? Rather than be snarky and then say, "I don't mean to be snarky" it would help if instead you refrained from typing things like "::Shrug::" when asking what people were expecting. There's emotional flavor to that manner of word craft which puts forth a visual representation of disrespect for those you are conversing with. We are discussing this because it is interesting and because, (at least I know for myself), there is also personal investment in the outcome. In any case, it IS a perfectly valid question you bring up, (what were we expecting?).

I suspect we are going to gauge the results after the last episode wraps everything up, but examining as we go is also fair and warranted, I think. Any misconceptions made along the way can be discussed and discarded then.

I just watched the season finale and it ended with an infuriated, bone-breaking cliffhanger. It was curious to see the "vaccines" as something that's killing off the people, though.

I'm starting to think if they have a new season in a black hat, it could possibly be focused on new Agents Einstein and Miller.

Back
Top Bottom