Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

Stefan said:
Well, over here, in dramaland (not to be confused with dreamland) called the United States we know how things may get overhyped in the media. Certainly, I quit watching the tv screen a long time ago not that I had any desire to be informed of some random shootings, robberies, car chases etc every day, but to get away from this fabricated reality that had nothing to do with my own reality. I've noticed there's been a lot of commotion all over the country and partly over the world poised to be knee jerk reactions over Trump's executive orders. We judge the building by the façade. Trump is now the face of the most powerful country the world has ever known, now, some people are terrified by the look of his face simply because they do not know any worse. It is very easy to match his facial features with some known dictators portrayed in the media. This is how many think, in image associations, it terrifies them. But how can we blame them, the fearmongering of our policies and politicians had been so successful thus far that it wasn't a mystery we came up with the likes of Hillary and Trump. The first one is expansionist, the other one is isolationist but they both have one thing in common ~ fear. They know very well how to play with the human most powerful emotion.

But I can assure you that people still go to work, the traffic's jammed per usual, everything goes normal and under control, people are really, really too busy to be engaged in political rhetoric all the time. The bills are coming to the mail faster than people may compile legit complaint about DJT's ways of conducting his business. The weekend warriors (and that's really small % of people) will be staging more noise than it's necessary but perhaps it is beneficial for them to fume out some trapped anger and frustration. It's actually good for some resistance to keep trucking, not that they can change anything, but nobody's delusional that we can all let such a loose cannon as he is to do and say whatever he likes to say and do. He's never been in a position where diplomatic skills are just as important as striking good business deals with trading partners. And not all the people have the mental capacity to think in business like manners.

However, it is something that bothers me, he was too quick to initiate the wall building causing unnecessary frictions with Mexico. His idea that they should pay for the wall is beyond ridiculous. If he wants to insist upon it to defend his personal pride it is obvious that Mexico will not sit in the negotiating table. He can't just strike out one of the best trading partner that we have. Fine, let them pay one way or another, just shut up and don't talk about it. The old tactics of bullying and intimidation inflict more harm than good. He's not going to be the one living among latinos out in the field. The joke aside, he would have made a deal with Soros to have him place a wager against the Mexican peso…

The immigration bans. It sucks big time to be turned away at the airport for no other reason than being a citizen of a country added in a ban list while in midair. This is crazy! It says a lot about his mistrust with the intelligence agencies, he is making decisions over their heads. I would have been pleased if he would have initiated a full blown suspension of all cia activities at once requesting complete audit of their past and present operations. He went after EPA (however corrupt they are) and the science department instead. We don't know which act of 'terror' is 'real', false flag, staged, faked, orchestrated. We don't know if the government's covert operations and machinations pose the greatest threat on people or people from some Muslim countries? If he doesn't address this issue we'll be heading back to the same old same old recycled stuff 'let's kick some muslim ass'. Suspending any financial and other form of help to ISIS is not going to cut it. He already said he wants to rebuild and strengthen the military as if it is not powerful enough. Why? We are never going to be 'safe' and 'secure'. His pro-Israel policy will be pouring more fuel to a region already in flames, the so-called 'terrorists' may pop-up like mushrooms after rain, we just never know where, who, what and how, but we'll be quick to point fingers.

The witch hunt for illegal immigrants in the sanctuary cities. I don't think the local and state police will be enforcing federal laws, as if it is not hard enough for them to deal with crime, and of course, Trump had never walked on sidewalks in shady areas where even kids carry guns. The black'n whites will be feared more than ever, this is just unrealistic goal. I can understand turning jailed criminals over to the immigrations, but even then the local departments are in process of restoring their already damaged reputation and trust with people so yeah, it's a mess that cannot be fixed so easy.

It is very easy to kick dead dogs, playing mind games with people, finger pointing etc, so far, we are yet to see his actions to address the elephant in the room, 'our' big brother. And not everything is all about jobs, money and mini-industrial revolution…
Stefan, I have to ask - have you actually read this thread? Have you read the relevant articles regarding Trump, the immigration ban, the so called Muslim ban on SOTT? I ask because you are regurgitating the arguments and data points we are reading in the MSM and seeing replayed on FB and Twitter, things I am now fed up with refuting

To be clear, this is not a Muslim ban, as the media is falsely reporting.

Statement Regarding Recent Executive Order Concerning Extreme Vetting
http://www.veteransnewsnow.com/2017/01/30/statement-regarding-recent-executive-order-concerning-extreme-vetting/

Friday January 27, 2017 by Donald J Trump

“America is a proud nation of immigrants and we will continue to show compassion to those fleeing oppression, but we will do so while protecting our own citizens and border. America has always been the land of the free and home of the brave.

We will keep it free and keep it safe, as the media knows, but refuses to say. My policy is similar to what President Obama did in 2011 when he banned visas for refugees from Iraq for six months. The seven countries named in the Executive Order are the same countries previously identified by the Obama administration as sources of terror.

To be clear, this is not a Muslim ban, as the media is falsely reporting.

This is not about religion – this is about terror and keeping our country safe. There are over 40 different countries worldwide that are majority Muslim that are not affected by this order. We will again be issuing visas to all countries once we are sure we have reviewed and implemented the most secure policies over the next 90 days.

I have tremendous feeling for the people involved in this horrific humanitarian crisis in Syria. My first priority will always be to protect and serve our country, but as President I will find ways to help all those who are suffering.”

Full text here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/transitionsplash/

Here is Jesse Jackson, lavishing praise on Donald Trump, for work he has done in support of the black community. The date on the Cspan graphic is from 1998.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5lcART6TTE

Flashgordonv said:
Stefan, I have to ask - have you actually read this thread? Have you read the relevant articles regarding Trump, the immigration ban, the so called Muslim ban on SOTT? I ask because you are regurgitating the arguments and data points we are reading in the MSM and seeing replayed on FB and Twitter, things I am now fed up with refuting

Yes, but I don't read msm. I've read the thread and it's mostly balanced which I liked but here's the finger pointing again, whoever may be in disagreement with your own personal opinion, he must be an msm libtard jumping up and down on Hillary's bandwagon. I wouldn't have liked it if you resort to the same kind of bullying and intimidating classics that the commies used to deploy against their own people - 'you are either with us, or else...' I wouldn't be offended had you deleted my post, it's your forum and rules, so I know. I am expressing my own opinion because, you know, I live in the real world. I don't sit in a house reading and analyzing stuff all day, I know what people want and I live close to the border with Mexico. I wish Trump good luck with the sanctuary cities, perhaps you don't live in one, but that's an assumption I just made. And probably you've never dealt with our local idiots with a badge and a gun. Another assumption of mine, so par me if I am wrong. I've seen much worse, I've lived through enough political promises and bs, I've participated in marches and demonstrations under communist regimes, I know what's it like to live in a dictatorship state, so just spare me this lecture what I've read and what not. I have watched closely and analyzed the financial crisis from 2006 to 2008 just so to understand how the financial barons work and operate. The truth is much uglier than what you've been told to believe. No no no, you gotta read between the lines and form your own conclusions. I've posted in stock market forums and I was bashed, of course, and even made the bold statements that the fed's interest rates will and should go down to zero...You know the feeling when people wave patriotically their flag under your nose - it never happened in the history of America, I was called conspiracy theorist and many other names. Back in 2008 I got so fed up with the lies and deception that I quit reading everything, turned the tv off and looked around myself. Got out the street and saw cars, cars, cars, cars, nobody was giving a flying ef of what was going on. There is no hope for this country, I thought to myself. Yes, that Wall Street. Somehow, for some reason, Trump never made it there but he was a real estate tycoon, just to get as close and as high as possible to the big boys. And perhaps his father never loved him (if he was ever loved by another human being, I'd leave that up to you to decide) so he developed narcissistic traits to outperform his father financially and intellectually, it's just so obvious. I had to laugh so hard when he nominated Jamie Dimon to be his secretary of treasury. I actually pictured Jamie answering to Donald Trump!!! Who's the nominee now, some hybrid of GS and Hollywood, nobody knows...something...I don't know what to tell you, man, it's hopeless anyway, I try to make it out there and do the best I can. We don't even need a president, this is ridiculous, it's an obsolete, outdated job anyway, they are laughing at us, puppets after puppets installed with ever lasting new hopes with ever lasting new problems, what do you expect? Yes, I got fed up!

[Mod edit: removed unnecessary line in the end]

Me as Mexican ,naturally I'm concerned with trump on his actions against Mexico ...and concerned as well what my goverment will do,and also I think what does he want with Russia?
In his book "the art of dealing" he wrote ..."you finish the weak,and with the powerful you negotiate".....
Is very clear that Mexico is the weak., my country sold the petroleum,México don't have assets to compite,and they are just in a brink to privatize the water...so trump is using Mexico to please the Anglo Saxon whites...and because they don't want Mexicans or latinos to grow in the states...that's a fact..and that's why he is attacking
Fiercely Mexicans. At some level I understand..at some level.
Russia is the strong one,so he is starting to negotiate, and he is looking to share the world with Russia but,not with china, and he is trying or he is going to try to separate Russians or Putin from the agrrements that all ready stared Russia and China...I think that if the world must be 3 part (I don't know if this word is correct) must be between the 3 countrys USA Russia and China. Trump wants to put aside China .only Rusia and USA .
So as I said before my country should be looking to the south because we are the same or almost the same (latinos) and we are all in bad shape but we can do more interesting things I believe so.
And that saying and freaking medias regarding the wall,Why you want to go or live in a country that don't
Like you...I don't understand others that they are so mad because they still are thinking to go to USA...REALLY.
TRUMP SAID that NATO is going to be banish...so he is sending a message to Rusia that they are going to share Middle East...(that can be good because the establishment wanted war) in that case.
With trump the globalization is over..because doesn't serve anymore to USA ...
The only thing that worry me,is that ,because of the very bad goverment and presidents in Mexico since 1848 or more or less, they always convey with The unites states,and that's why they don't respect Mexico ....saludos .. :)

Another from PCR. Love the first sentence, so true. I can see him saying that.

The Left Is Self-Destructing
— Paul Craig Roberts

January 30, 2017
The mindlessness is unbearable. Amnesty International tells us that we must “fight the Muslim ban” because Trump’s bigotry is wrecking lives. Anthony Dimaggio at CounterPunch says Trump should be impeached because his Islamophobia is a threat to the Constitution. This is not to single out these two, as the mindlessness is everywhere among those whose worldview is defined by Identity Politics.

One might think that Amnesty International should be fighting against the Bush/Cheney/Obama regime wars that have produced the refugees by killing and displacing millions of Muslims. For example, the ongoing war that Obama inflicted on Yemen results in the death of one Yemeni child every 10 minutes, according to UNICEF.

Where is Amnesty International?

Clearly America’s wars on Muslims wreck far more lives than Trump’s ban on immigrants. Why the focus on an immigration ban and not on wars that produce refugees? Is it because Obama is responsible for war and Trump for the ban? Is the liberal/progressive/left projecting Obama’s monstrous crimes onto Trump?

]Is it that we must hate Trump and not Obama?

Immigration is not a right protected by the US Constitution. Where was Dimaggio when in the name of “the war on terror” the Bush/Obama regime destroyed the civil liberties guaranteed by the US Constitution? If Dimaggio is an American citizen, he should try immigrating to the UK, Germany, or France and see how far he gets.

The easiest and surest way for the Trump administration to stop the refugee problem, not only for the US but also for Europe and the West in general, is to stop the wars against Muslim countries that his predecessors started. The enormous sums of money squandered on gratuitous wars could instead be given to the countries that the US and NATO have destroyed. The simplest way to end the refugee problem is to stop producing refugees. This should be the focus of Trump, Amnesty, and Dimaggio.
Is everyone too busy hating to do anything sensible?

It is very disturbing that the liberal/progressive/left prefers to oppose Trump than to oppose war. Indeed, they want a war on Trump. How does this differ from the Bush/Obama war on Muslims?

The liberal/progressive/left is demonstrating a mindless hatred of the American people and the President that the people chose. This mindless hatred can achieve nothing but the discrediting of an alternative voice and the opening of the future to the least attractive elements of the right-wing.

The liberal/progressive/left will end up discrediting all critics, thereby empowering those to whom the liberal/progressive/left are most opposed.

What a week, month, decade, good grief, what a show. I'm getting to the point of stopping even focusing on exchanging emails with people, it's like one minute they hated what was going on and the next they are cooing to the very people who want to yoke them. They switched just like that, like a light bulb was suddenly turned off in their heads - they lost the plot and welcomed back all the old news. The fake news opened its arms again and they came running back into the most egregious of lies, yet they are feel good lies. I think it just makes them feel safe not realizing they are in the teeth of sharks - it's bizarre.

Alada said, which has been snipped:

Alada said:
People can’t get past the headline > reaction, so as to dig deeper and consider details...some kind of Stockholm Syndrome type of thing going on as well.. I mean it makes no sense how people can’t see the things that Obama has already done, as opposed to what Trump has said, yet they still defend and justify Obama. Maybe it’s too much of an ask, that in order to wrench themselves out of that reality a lot of truths would have to hit home. The reality of just what they’d been 'held captive' by. Meanwhile a whole lot of folk are protesting for its comforting return. Crazy.

And this also reminded me of what Harrison Koehli wrote in this article quoting Sebastian Haffner:

[T]he whole world had become strange and unsettling. Apart from the fascinating rules I knew, the great game had clearly had other secret rules that I had failed to grasp. There must have been something deceitful and false about it. Where could one find stability and security, faith and confidence, if world events could be so deceptive? If triumph upon triumph led to ultimate disaster, and the true rules of history were revealed only retrospectively in a shattering outcome? I stared into the abyss. I felt a horror for life.

It seems to me that many people are at a very near point of loosing their minds - you cannot talk to them as they want to hear nothing, and of the left spectrum lets say, they can be smart, yet what does that mean when they answer so easily to the Pied Pipers tune? And this reminded me of what is called the 'Keynote' - people know it in terms of a keynote address, a speaker or other examples. now it sounds off topic in this thread, however, was reading from M.P Hall on this word whereby there is description of people having inside themselves a Keynote, and this is a note, a frequency if you like, that will destroy them. It's like people are looking on the political scale for a note that they like the sound of, and it may very well accomplish being their keynote - FRV.

Every element in Nature has its individual keynote. If these elements are combined in a composite structure the result is a chord that, if sounded, will disintegrate the compound into its integral parts. Likewise each individual has a keynote that, if sounded, will destroy him. The allegory of the walls of Jericho falling when the trumpets of Israel were sounded is undoubtedly intended to set forth the arcane
significance of individual keynote or vibration.

It is all fascinating and horrifying, and it does look like an abyss has opened up and people are staring into it thinking it's the path to freedom. People will do the damnedest of strange things.

I found this video from StormCloudsGathering interesting:

https://youtu.be/1MmfCX2H7N8

Specifics aside, I think he is right that there are many wildcards in all this, and we are and will be witnessing quite the ride indeed.

I have the feeling that at this point, it is especially important for us to send a signal out there, in whatever form, that we are willing to see through this jungle, learn from observing reality, and help others on the same path. If there are so many variables and wildcards, and things can be 'tipped' in any direction at any point, it seems sensible to assume that what we are doing and manifesting, i.e. anchoring a certain reality, can have a tremendous impact in a non-linear way.

Onwards and upwards!

SummerLite said:
Another from PCR. Love the first sentence, so true. I can see him saying that.

The Left Is Self-Destructing
— Paul Craig Roberts

January 30, 2017
The mindlessness is unbearable.

Here is the link to the article - http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2017/01/30/left-self-destructing-paul-craig-roberts/

voyageur said:
It seems to me that many people are at a very near point of loosing their minds - you cannot talk to them as they want to hear nothing
Yeah, just give them a good quate, they'll bite

Politico (At war with Trump)
http://www.politico.com/states/california
California legislator calls for Melania Trump immigration records
01/30/17 10:23 AM EST
http://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2017/01/stirring-up-a-hornets-nest-ca-legislator-demanding-melania-trump-immigration-records-109126
Snip:

BERKELEY
— A California state senator is calling on the White House to release documents related to Melania Trump's immigration, as part of a broader objection to President Donald Trump's immigration policies.

State Sen. Nancy Skinner of Berkeley, standing alongside Senate Pro Tem Kevin de Leon and Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon in the state Capitol last week, made the call as part of a protest against Trump’s executive order calling for limiting funds to “sanctuary cities.”

An AP investigation last November found Melania Trump lacked proper work visas when she was employed as a model after arriving in the U.S. from her native Slovenia more than two decades ago.

Hollywood Jan 30, 2017
SAG Awards Hypocritical Celebrities Slam Trump's Muslim Ban that Hollywood Created
pocketsofthefuture

https://youtu.be/Ji1m6oY40xI

Mexican Official Threatens To Combat President Trump By "Unleashing Drug Cartels"
Jan 30, 2017 9:40 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-30/mexican-official-threatens-combat-president-trump-unleashing-drug-cartels
There will be war in the streets, or at least there could be.

The strong armed tactics against Mexico are not making officials happy south of the border.

Now, with an executive order facilitating the deportation of illegal immigrants – and especially those who have committed criminal offenses – as well as building a wall on the border, President Trump has many Mexicans up in arms.

Jorge Castañeda Gutman, former Secretary of Foreign Affairs in Mexico, took things a step further during an interview on CNN with Fareed Zakaria when he suggested that Mexico’s previous cooperation with the U.S. in curbing the flow of drugs and illegal immigrants could end.

Instead, the cartels could be essentially unleashed upon the U.S. – retribution for tough policies on Mexico and other immigrant-producing countries in the Latin American world.

These astonishing words could open up an economic gang war against the U.S. – very irresponsible words that reveal just how connected Mexico’s leadership is with the violent drug cartels who operate from their territories:

Mexico has a lot of negotiating chips in this matter, Fareed, but it also has measures we could take in other areas. For example, the drugs that come through Mexico from South America, or the drugs that are produced here in Mexico all go to the United States. This is not our problem. We have been cooperating with the United States for many years on these issues because they’ve asked us to and because we have a friendly, trustful relationship. If that relationship disappears, the reasons for cooperation also disappear.

CNN Trumps NWO-
In Desperation
Fareed Zakaria
Trump's First Week: Mexican Relations / Fareed Zakaria GPS / CNN / Jan 29, 2017

https://youtu.be/hoZEGd6lrxI

Remember when, Putin had Fareed Zakaria wearing Highheel's, and lipstick after his childish insinuation of Russian manipulation?
Putin crushes CNN smartass Fareed Zakaria on Donald Trump and US elections
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYqea69pb0Y
images

Political Abuse

https://www.sott.net/article/340644-The-Hypocrisy-of-Michael-Moore-Corporate-Feminists-and-Controlled-Opposition-of-Womens-March-in-Washington

I was first introduced to Debbie Lusignan through a recently published SOTT article entitled, 'The Hypocrisy of Michael Moore, Corporate Feminists and Controlled Opposition of Women's March in Washington' (linked above), with a video embedded of her speaking primarily about the Women's March in Washington.

Debbie has a You Tube channel called the 'Sane Progressive'. Since I enjoyed both her message and her passionate delivery on the SOTT embedded video, I decided to check out her other videos. I've now watched nearly 60 of them and have another 40 videos queued up in my Reading List.

As far as I can tell, the only issue where she misses is regarding global warming.

Some background re Debbie: She previously worked as a battered spouse/partner counselor; been a battered woman herself many years ago; worked as a registered nurse for I believe she said 15 years; and was very active in supporting Bernie Sanders during this past election. She has several videos pointing out the primary election fraud of the Democratic party which she observed, documented, and spoke out about. She contacted Bernie personally to insist he do something (& she had the list of what he needed to do) about Hillary stealing the primary.

The following video was posted/published to her YouTube channel on October 24, 2016 - before the presidential election which Donald Trump won.

In this video, she outlines what is called "The Wheel of Abuse Cycle" that she is familiar with because of her former work as a battered/abused partner/spouse counselor. She is drawing a parallel between the abuse cycle that happens in domestic partner relationships and the abuse cycle that has recently occurred for people who identified themselves strongly with the democratic party, although this cycle can apply to constituents of either political party. I think this abuse cycle could even be applicable to any political party anywhere in the world - or to any group of any kind at all. Mostly, because we have all probably experienced a sense of betrayal by any and all political parties regardless of where we live on this planet.

Her consistent message throughout every video I've watched is the imperative necessity for honesty, truth, integrity, ethical behavior, holding to a 'dear' line which one refuses to violate - no matter what - and recognizing our own hypocracy and stop doing it.

She reiterates the need for us to stop being partisan party focused and become issue-oriented and examine policies. That if we had been more focused on issues and policies, we would have been more careful to perform our due diligence and maintain proper citizen oversight of those whom we elect to supposedly serve us. If we had been less identified as democrats, and more identified as americans, we should have been watching Obama, Bush, Clinton and any president, or any public servant, like a hawk regardless of which political party that particular person was affiliated with. That when democrats sit in the seats of power, the democrats lull themselves to sleep. When republicans sit in positions of power, the republicans nod off. That when Bush was president, democrats screemed bloody murder about his policies. But when Obama became president and continued Bush's policies and even out-Bushed Bush, the democrats said nothing. They felt comfortable with Obama. They felt safe. They felt they could ignore what he did because democrats believed they could trust Obama. It was all an illusion of course. But, as she points out, democrats are afraid that Trump MIGHT do what Hillary has already done.

She examines the fallacy that people think politics is primarily based on facts, logic, reason. But what actually drives people to vote for either candidate is probably about 5% reason & logic and 95% emotional. The emotional percentage is based on electing someone who will make people feel safe, secure, comfortable. Basically, someone who they can leave the governing of the nation to so they can go back to their mundane little personal lives and forget about DC & politics until they're required to return to the voting dance 4 years later.

She continually points out our own hypocracy in criticising one political party for what we condone in another political party - based on whether that party is one with which we identify or one we consider the 'other' party.

She insists that we need to sit with and feel and experience our emotional discomfort and fear rather than run back to our abuser (in this case the democratic party) seeking the soothing comfort which is actually only an illusion of comfort.

I experience her message and delivery as ferociously compassionate and empathic, fearless and passionately caring.

I'm not sure her delivery is for everyone. Some people simply cannot handle this much emotional energy. I can. It absolutely energizes, inspires and thrills my soul to listen to people speak like this. However, I imagine others may find her energetic delivery over the top. To each his/her own. :)

I thought some of you might find the information in this video interesting for several reasons. I think it connects to EE, to the Work, to Emotional Clearing, to the political and personal realms, by seeing the possible connection between personal abusive relationships and our greater political abusive relationships.

Anyway, I'd be interested in finding out what any of you think about these connections Debbie has made and whether you think this information might be useful or practical as an additional lens through which to view our current political situation.

And here's the video. My first attempt to embed. Oh yay! It worked. :)

Cheers everyone.

Debbie Lusignan (Sane Progressive)

Political Establishment/Corporate Media, &
American People in Abuse Cycle; Time to LEAVE Oppressors

https://youtu.be/cQFWT8-RRQA

Puck said:
New twist, likely a psyop or a troll: 'Rogue staffers' are tweeting 'insider information' from the White House and shocker, it isn't flattering.

_http://bgr.com/2017/01/30/donald-trump-vs-white-house-rogues/

Over the last few days, various anti-Trump rogue organizations have formed, and they’re all tweeting to get the word out. The most prominent such account is called Rogue POTUS Staff (@RoguePOTUSStaff), and it’s run by unknown, unhappy individuals who are supposedly working for the Trump administration.

There’s no way to verify the authenticity of the newly minted Twitter channel, but the rogues have already posted many tweets detailing inside information from the White House.

The Twitter account went viral in a matter of days — it was created on January 26th and it reached more than 298,000 followers since then. Here are some of the messages posted by the rogue staffers. As you can see, the rogues have been quite prolific on Trump’s first week in office:

Yeah, that would be an interesting insight to have of what's going on in the White House. But realistically, it would be incredibly easy for anyone to set up such an account and make everything up. At this point, it has as much value as "anonymous intelligence sources". So I'm voting psyop/troll.

I noticed yesterday elsewhere how there's a petition in the UK to block Trump's state visit - although there is also now a counter-petition to have the visit occur.

People everywhere (and in the above case, not even people from the USA!) seem to have devolved into the 'Two Minute Hate'...they appear to need someone to Hate, and appear to be fairly ferocious about it (it's all backed by Fear, naturally)...

It's stuff like this that makes me think, 'He really is an outsider; everyone seems to have it in for him!'

Here is the Full text of the Immigration executive Order as I found here: _http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/text-of-trump-executive-order-nation-ban-refugees/

PROTECTING THE NATION FROM FOREIGN TERRORIST ENTRY INTO THE UNITED STATES
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1101 et seq., and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, and to protect the American people from terrorist attacks by foreign nationals admitted to the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Purpose. The visa-issuance process plays a crucial role in detecting individuals with terrorist ties and stopping them from entering the United States. Perhaps in no instance was that more apparent than the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, when State Department policy prevented consular officers from properly scrutinizing the visa applications of several of the 19 foreign nationals who went on to murder nearly 3,000 Americans. And while the visa-issuance process was reviewed and amended after the September 11 attacks to better detect would-be terrorists from receiving visas, these measures did not stop attacks by foreign nationals who were admitted to the United States.
Numerous foreign-born individuals have been convicted or implicated in terrorism-related crimes since September 11, 2001, including foreign nationals who entered the United States after receiving visitor, student, or employment visas, or who entered through the United States refugee resettlement program. Deteriorating conditions in certain countries due to war, strife, disaster, and civil unrest increase the likelihood that terrorists will use any means possible to enter the United States. The United States must be vigilant during the visa-issuance process to ensure that those approved for admission do not intend to harm Americans and that they have no ties to terrorism.

In order to protect Americans, the United States must ensure that those admitted to this country do not bear hostile attitudes toward it and its founding principles. The United States cannot, and should not, admit those who do not support the Constitution, or those who would place violent ideologies over American law. In addition, the United States should not admit those who engage in acts of bigotry or hatred (including "honor" killings, other forms of violence against women, or the persecution of those who practice religions different from their own) or those who would oppress Americans of any race, gender, or sexual orientation.

Sec. 2. Policy. It is the policy of the United States to protect its citizens from foreign nationals who intend to commit terrorist attacks in the United States; and to prevent the admission of foreign nationals who intend to exploit United States immigration laws for malevolent purposes.

Sec. 3. Suspension of Issuance of Visas and Other Immigration Benefits to Nationals of Countries of Particular Concern. (a) The Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, shall immediately conduct a review to determine the information needed from any country to adjudicate any visa, admission, or other benefit under the INA (adjudications) in order to determine that the individual seeking the benefit is who the individual claims to be and is not a security or public-safety threat.
(b) The Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, shall submit to the President a report on the results of the review described in subsection (a) of this section, including the Secretary of Homeland Security's determination of the information needed for adjudications and a list of countries that do not provide adequate information, within 30 days of the date of this order. The Secretary of Homeland Security shall provide a copy of the report to the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence.

(c) To temporarily reduce investigative burdens on relevant agencies during the review period described in subsection (a) of this section, to ensure the proper review and maximum utilization of available resources for the screening of foreign nationals, and to ensure that adequate standards are established to prevent infiltration by foreign terrorists or criminals, pursuant to section 212(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(f), I hereby proclaim that the immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens from countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12), would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants and nonimmigrants, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order (excluding those foreign nationals traveling on diplomatic visas, North Atlantic Treaty Organization visas, C-2 visas for travel to the United Nations, and G-1, G-2, G-3, and G-4 visas).
(d) Immediately upon receipt of the report described in subsection (b) of this section regarding the information needed for adjudications, the Secretary of State shall request all foreign governments that do not supply such information to start providing such information regarding their nationals within 60 days of notification.
(e) After the 60-day period described in subsection (d) of this section expires, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State, shall submit to the President a list of countries recommended for inclusion on a Presidential proclamation that would prohibit the entry of foreign nationals (excluding those foreign nationals traveling on diplomatic visas, North Atlantic Treaty Organization visas, C-2 visas for travel to the United Nations, and G-1, G-2, G-3, and G-4 visas) from countries that do not provide the information requested pursuant to subsection (d) of this section until compliance occurs.
(f) At any point after submitting the list described in subsection (e) of this section, the Secretary of State or the Secretary of Homeland Security may submit to the President the names of any additional countries recommended for similar treatment.
(g) Notwithstanding a suspension pursuant to subsection (c) of this section or pursuant to a Presidential proclamation described in subsection (e) of this section, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security may, on a case-by-case basis, and when in the national interest, issue visas or other immigration benefits to nationals of countries for which visas and benefits are otherwise blocked.
(h) The Secretaries of State and Homeland Security shall submit to the President a joint report on the progress in implementing this order within 30 days of the date of this order, a second report within 60 days of the date of this order, a third report within 90 days of the date of this order, and a fourth report within 120 days of the date of this order.

Sec. 4. Implementing Uniform Screening Standards for All Immigration Programs. (a) The Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, the Director of National Intelligence, and the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation shall implement a program, as part of the adjudication process for immigration benefits, to identify individuals seeking to enter the United States on a fraudulent basis with the intent to cause harm, or who are at risk of causing harm subsequent to their admission. This program will include the development of a uniform screening standard and procedure, such as in-person interviews; a database of identity documents proffered by applicants to ensure that duplicate documents are not used by multiple applicants; amended application forms that include questions aimed at identifying fraudulent answers and malicious intent; a mechanism to ensure that the applicant is who the applicant claims to be; a process to evaluate the applicant's likelihood of becoming a positively contributing member of society and the applicant's ability to make contributions to the national interest; and a mechanism to assess whether or not the applicant has the intent to commit criminal or terrorist acts after entering the United States.
(b) The Secretary of Homeland Security, in conjunction with the Secretary of State, the Director of National Intelligence, and the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, shall submit to the President an initial report on the progress of this directive within 60 days of the date of this order, a second report within 100 days of the date of this order, and a third report within 200 days of the date of this order.

Sec. 5. Realignment of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program for Fiscal Year 2017. (a) The Secretary of State shall suspend the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) for 120 days. During the 120-day period, the Secretary of State, in conjunction with the Secretary of Homeland Security and in consultation with the Director of National Intelligence, shall review the USRAP application and adjudication process to determine what additional procedures should be taken to ensure that those approved for refugee admission do not pose a threat to the security and welfare of the United States, and shall implement such additional procedures. Refugee applicants who are already in the USRAP process may be admitted upon the initiation and completion of these revised procedures. Upon the date that is 120 days after the date of this order, the Secretary of State shall resume USRAP admissions only for nationals of countries for which the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Director of National Intelligence have jointly determined that such additional procedures are adequate to ensure the security and welfare of the United States.
(b) Upon the resumption of USRAP admissions, the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, is further directed to make changes, to the extent permitted by law, to prioritize refugee claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution, provided that the religion of the individual is a minority religion in the individual's country of nationality. Where necessary and appropriate, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security shall recommend legislation to the President that would assist with such prioritization.
(c) Pursuant to section 212(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(f), I hereby proclaim that the entry of nationals of Syria as refugees is detrimental to the interests of the United States and thus suspend any such entry until such time as I have determined that sufficient changes have been made to the USRAP to ensure that admission of Syrian refugees is consistent with the national interest.
(d) Pursuant to section 212(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(f), I hereby proclaim that the entry of more than 50,000 refugees in fiscal year 2017 would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and thus suspend any such entry until such time as I determine that additional admissions would be in the national interest.
(e) Notwithstanding the temporary suspension imposed pursuant to subsection (a) of this section, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security may jointly determine to admit individuals to the United States as refugees on a case-by-case basis, in their discretion, but only so long as they determine that the admission of such individuals as refugees is in the national interest -- including when the person is a religious minority in his country of nationality facing religious persecution, when admitting the person would enable the United States to conform its conduct to a preexisting international agreement, or when the person is already in transit and denying admission would cause undue hardship -- and it would not pose a risk to the security or welfare of the United States.
(f) The Secretary of State shall submit to the President an initial report on the progress of the directive in subsection (b) of this section regarding prioritization of claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution within 100 days of the date of this order and shall submit a second report within 200 days of the date of this order.
(g) It is the policy of the executive branch that, to the extent permitted by law and as practicable, State and local jurisdictions be granted a role in the process of determining the placement or settlement in their jurisdictions of aliens eligible to be admitted to the United States as refugees. To that end, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall examine existing law to determine the extent to which, consistent with applicable law, State and local jurisdictions may have greater involvement in the process of determining the placement or resettlement of refugees in their jurisdictions, and shall devise a proposal to lawfully promote such involvement.

Sec. 6. Rescission of Exercise of Authority Relating to the Terrorism Grounds of Inadmissibility. The Secretaries of State and Homeland Security shall, in consultation with the Attorney General, consider rescinding the exercises of authority in section 212 of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182, relating to the terrorism grounds of inadmissibility, as well as any related implementing memoranda.
Sec. 7. Expedited Completion of the Biometric Entry-Exit Tracking System. (a) The Secretary of Homeland Security shall expedite the completion and implementation of a biometric entry-exit tracking system for all travelers to the United States, as recommended by the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States.
(b) The Secretary of Homeland Security shall submit to the President periodic reports on the progress of the directive contained in subsection (a) of this section. The initial report shall be submitted within 100 days of the date of this order, a second report shall be submitted within 200 days of the date of this order, and a third report shall be submitted within 365 days of the date of this order. Further, the Secretary shall submit a report every 180 days thereafter until the system is fully deployed and operational.

Sec. 8. Visa Interview Security. (a) The Secretary of State shall immediately suspend the Visa Interview Waiver Program and ensure compliance with section 222 of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1222, which requires that all individuals seeking a nonimmigrant visa undergo an in-person interview, subject to specific statutory exceptions.
(b) To the extent permitted by law and subject to the availability of appropriations, the Secretary of State shall immediately expand the Consular Fellows Program, including by substantially increasing the number of Fellows, lengthening or making permanent the period of service, and making language training at the Foreign Service Institute available to Fellows for assignment to posts outside of their area of core linguistic ability, to ensure that non-immigrant visa-interview wait times are not unduly affected.

Sec. 9. Visa Validity Reciprocity. The Secretary of State shall review all nonimmigrant visa reciprocity agreements to ensure that they are, with respect to each visa classification, truly reciprocal insofar as practicable with respect to validity period and fees, as required by sections 221(c) and 281 of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1201(c) and 1351, and other treatment. If a country does not treat United States nationals seeking nonimmigrant visas in a reciprocal manner, the Secretary of State shall adjust the visa validity period, fee schedule, or other treatment to match the treatment of United States nationals by the foreign country, to the extent practicable.

Sec. 10. Transparency and Data Collection. (a) To be more transparent with the American people, and to more effectively implement policies and practices that serve the national interest, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Attorney General, shall, consistent with applicable law and national security, collect and make publicly available within 180 days, and every 180 days thereafter:
(i) information regarding the number of foreign nationals in the United States who have been charged with terrorism-related offenses while in the United States; convicted of terrorism-related offenses while in the United States; or removed from the United States based on terrorism-related activity, affiliation, or material support to a terrorism-related organization, or any other national security reasons since the date of this order or the last reporting period, whichever is later;
(ii) information regarding the number of foreign nationals in the United States who have been radicalized after entry into the United States and engaged in terrorism-related acts, or who have provided material support to terrorism-related organizations in countries that pose a threat to the United States, since the date of this order or the last reporting period, whichever is later; and
(iii) information regarding the number and types of acts of gender-based violence against women, including honor killings, in the United States by foreign nationals, since the date of this order or the last reporting period, whichever is later; and
(iv) any other information relevant to public safety and security as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security and the Attorney General, including information on the immigration status of foreign nationals charged with major offenses.
(b) The Secretary of State shall, within one year of the date of this order, provide a report on the estimated long-term costs of the USRAP at the Federal, State, and local levels.

Sec. 11. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:
(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or
(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.
(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.
(c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.
DONALD J. TRUMP
THE WHITE HOUSE, January 27, 2017

Back
Top Bottom