Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

luc said:
I think you put it very well, and this was kind of what I was getting at - I remember all too well the utter havoc and misery that I felt for quite some time when I found this place here some years ago, most of it having to do with realizations about myself. But that was voluntarily, the information and philosophy here was inviting me to completely change perspective so to speak, I could have just walked away. Now imagine you are a self-absorbed, smartphone-addicted snowflake who feels oh so special and entitled for a long time, programmed into complete narcissism and ignorance, and then reality forces you to change 180° or... what? This is soul-smashing business.

I think this is pretty much "it".

I'm hearing people I've never heard from EVER on FB suddenly talk about how the US shouldn't go into the Middle East for oil, it's not right, etc. These are people who couldn't give a hoot before.

Now, even without any of these deeper revelations, you still have a bunch of people who are suddenly forced to deal with something that literally "does not compute" in terms of Bush -> Obama -> Oh My God, Not Trump!

I was also thinking the other day that we're kind of lucky, because we did things the "easy way" - slowly, little by little, over a long time. But for those who didn't do that, they'd be pretty much screwed.

That's why I'm trying to avoid any "Trump is right" or "Trump is wrong" kind of stuff on FB, and go more for neutral stuff that gets people to think in a different way. Because at this point, I'm not really seeing any way at all to get through to the "snowflake" crowd. I'm afraid they're already toast...

Added: And even those who are far less snowflaky, they've still got a HUGE task ahead of them in terms of trying to see what's going on, and still managing to keep their wits about them.

Avala said:
Actually Trump must do for America what Putin did for Russia. Its only that Putin had 12-13 years for that, Trump don't have that time.

It's too early to really tell but it does seem that Trump is following some of the steps that Putin took in his first year of Presidency. Securing the borders and working to increase jobs and productive business's were some of first tasks on his list.

Russia supports all constructive measures aimed at fighting terrorism, the National Anti-terrorism Committee (NAK) said Tuesday commenting on US President Donald Trump's executive order on migration.

Russia's Anti-Terrorism Committee Backs Trump's Executive Order on Migration
https://sputniknews.com/russia/201701311050189780-russia-trump-migration-order/

On January 27, Trump signed an executive order, which blocks all refugees from coming to the United States for 120 days and suspends the entry for people from Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Libya and Somalia for 90 days.

"We welcome all constrictive steps in this direction. Russia will fully support all measures aimed a counteracting terrorism," spokesman Andrei Przhedomsky told reporters.

Russian special services and law enforcement bodies are counting on development of cooperation in fighting terrorism with the United States under President Donald Trump, he said.

"We have called for and we always continue to call for a mutually beneficial, substantial, specific cooperation in fighting terrorism. This is a principled position, we continue to stick to it and we will be happy if this cooperation received new momentum, we are very much hoping for this."

Moscow does not intend to evaluate actions of US President Donald Trump, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Tuesday.

'Internal Affair': Kremlin Says Not Evaluating US President's Domestic Decisions
https://sputniknews.com/us/201701311050192268-kremlin-trump-orders/

"We are not qualified to evaluate US president's actions. Once again, this is an internal affair of America. We judge only by the attitude [toward Russia] shown during the recent phone conversation, which satisfies us," Peskov said.

On Saturday, Russian President Vladimir Putin and his US counterpart held a phone conversation, during which they discussed a number of issues, including the situation in Syria and Ukraine, joint fight against terrorism and other pressing issues on regional and international security.

President Donald Trump’s executive order on immigration is not a travel ban, but a temporary stop that will allow officials to review the current immigration system, US Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly said in a press briefing on Tuesday.

Trump Immigration Executive Order Not Travel Ban, But Temporary Pause for Review
https://sputniknews.com/us/201701311050210581-kelly-trump-immigration-order/

Kelly also noted that all actions undertaken by the Department of Homeland Security are in compliance with judicial orders issued after the president’s executive order was signed.

"This is not a travel ban, this is a temporary pause that allows us to better review the existing refugee and visa vetting system," Kelly stated.

On Friday, Trump signed an executive order that suspends entry to the United States for citizens of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen for 90 days; bans all refugees from entry for 120 days; and bars all Syrian refugees from entering the United States indefinitely.

The order, aiming to boost the country's security, has sparked controversy around the world and led to multiple protests in the United States.

Donald Trump's recent executive order has sparked a heated debate both in the US and abroad. While some lambast the US President for what they call a "Muslim ban," others argue that the temporary ban on admission of refugees will add to the country's security.

Why Trump's Executive Order Has Nothing to Do With 'Muslim Ban'
https://sputniknews.com/politics/201701311050204771-trump-executive-order-muslims/

US President Donald Trump's executive order has prompted some US politicians and mainstream media pundits to dub it a "Muslim ban."

It is no secret that during his election campaign Donald Trump called for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until [the US'] representatives can figure out what is going on."

However, the executive order signed last Friday does not contain the word "Muslim" in it, furthermore, the measure is temporary, Trump's supporters argue.

Nevertheless, asylum seekers from seven Muslim-majority countries have been banned from entering the US since Friday night.

Senate Democrats Stall Another Vote, This Time For Attorney General
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-31/senate-democrats-stall-another-vote-time-attorney-general

Having already succeeded in delaying the confirmation of Tom Price and Steven Mnuchin, when Democrats boycotted a committee vote which had a minimum quorum requirement, moments ago Senate Democrats succeeded in stalling - if only temporarily - another confirmation when they used a procedural move on Tuesday afternoon to stall committee vote, this time on Jeff Sessions' nomination to become US Attorney General amid last night's controversy in which Trump fired the acting Attorney General Sally Yates for insubordination.

The announcement came after the committee took a break to allow members to vote on the floor confirmation of Elaine Chao as Transportation Secretary. When it reconvened, Sen. Mazie Hirono told Grassley that Minority Leader Chuck Schumer intended to invoke the two-hour rule against holding committee meetings beyond the first two hours of the Senate's day, the Hill reported. As a result the Senate Judiciary Committee will reconvene at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday to vote on Sessions’s nomination, Chairman Chuck Grassley said.

While Sessions has already faced an uphill climb in his confirmation, it got more complicated on Monday night when Trump fired acting Attorney General Sally Yates, who deemed the president's order illegal and said she would not have Justice attorneys defend it. Trump quickly replaced Yates with Dana Boente, the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia. He rescinded the Yates order and said Justice will defend the executive order.

While Democrats have praised Yates as a "martyr, Republicans slammed the spectacle. Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn noted that the Office of Legal Counsel reviewed the legality of Trump’s order before it was issued. “Her job was to do her job or resign,” he said. “I believe Trump was entirely in his rights to fire her.”

In any case, absent some major surprise, tomorrow shortly before noon, the US should have its new, and permanent, Attorney General.

Cable news might be dominated by scenes of angry liberals chanting cult-like mantras in airports, but Rasmussen Polls reveals the silent majority of Americans approve of President Trump’s immigration ban by nearly two-to-one.

Rasmussen Poll: Majority Approve Of Immigration Ban
http://investmentwatchblog.com/rasmussen-poll-majority-approve-of-immigration-ban-2-to-1/

The vast majority of likely voters (57%) approve of President Trump’s temporary halt to refugees and visitors from several Middle Eastern and African countries until the government can do a better job of keeping out individuals who are terrorist threats. Only 33% oppose and 10% are undecided.

Sean Spicer Calls Out #FakeNews Orgs NY Times and NBC for Pushing Lies on Trump Admin
http://investmentwatchblog.com/wow-sean-spicer-calls-out-fakenews-orgs-ny-times-and-nbc-for-pushing-lies-on-trump-admin/

White House spokesman Sean Spicer called out The New York Times and NBC for lying about the Trump Administration’s travel ban on foreign refugees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJeP_p-KtBo (1:39 min.)

After all trump is giving to everybody what they deserve...even to Americans , because now that he is the voice of the Anglo Saxon Nordic whites....uncover the racism in USA, and now they know that Mexicans are not dying for the wall, Americans are going to learn that they are not very welcome either here,because Mexicans are educated to open their arms to tourist,because they represented money.but now that we know that they despise Mexicans ,we don't "have"to be polite.....be in your country...I hope that our president don't loose his head.because the politicians and the rich people are the beneficiaries of the transactions with USA not the common citizen.

_http://www.mintpressnews.com/seal-team-6-raid-in-yemen-kills-57-including-woman-and-children/224522/

SEAL Team 6 Raid In Yemen Kills 57, Including Woman And Children

(REPORT) — Pentagon officials confirmed that Navy SEAL Team 6 attacked what they described as an “al-Qaeda headquarters” in Yemen’s central Bayda Province, bragging of killing “about 14” al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula fighters and taking a cache of information. They reported a single soldier killed.

Absent from the Pentagon’s account of what happened over the course of the raid, which supposedly lasted less than an hour, and left a large number of women and children riddled with bullets, including at least one eight-year-old girl named Nora, the daughter of Anwar al-Awlaki, a US cleric who was assassinated by the Obama Administration. The Cairo AP office reported receiving photographs showing the bodies of several young children who were shot multiple times during the raid. Roughly 57 people were killed overall, according to Yemeni officials, though they claimed a lot more AQAP fighters slain than the US reckoning of 14. Either way, a substantial number of civilians were among the slain.

Awlaki’s 2011 assassination was hugely controversial, both because he was a US citizen killed on the orders of the Obama Administration and because the administration declined to charge him with any crimes beforehand, simply presenting his sermons as proof of terrorism. Awlaki’s 16-year-old son was assassinated, again on Obama’s order, two weeks later.

Officials say this raid had initially been proposed to President Obama but wasn’t approved until after President Trump took office and signed off on the plan. Even with the Pentagon ignoring all the slain children, the narrative isn’t exactly one of a super successful first ground raid into Yemen going off without a hitch.

“Pentagon officials confirmed the death of one US soldier in the fighting. Three other soldiers were wounded during the raid, and a fourth was wounded in the initial evacuation attempt, in which the V-22 Osprey crashed into the ground during a failed landing.

Now it's beginning to look like "meet the new boss, same as the old boss". :/

Scottie said:
luc said:
I think you put it very well, and this was kind of what I was getting at - I remember all too well the utter havoc and misery that I felt for quite some time when I found this place here some years ago, most of it having to do with realizations about myself. But that was voluntarily, the information and philosophy here was inviting me to completely change perspective so to speak, I could have just walked away. Now imagine you are a self-absorbed, smartphone-addicted snowflake who feels oh so special and entitled for a long time, programmed into complete narcissism and ignorance, and then reality forces you to change 180° or... what? This is soul-smashing business.

I'm hearing people I've never heard from EVER on FB suddenly talk about how the US shouldn't go into the Middle East for oil, it's not right, etc. These are people who couldn't give a hoot before.

Now, even without any of these deeper revelations, you still have a bunch of people who are suddenly forced to deal with something that literally "does not compute" in terms of Bush -> Obama -> Oh My God, Not Trump!

I was also thinking the other day that we're kind of lucky, because we did things the "easy way" - slowly, little by little, over a long time. But for those who didn't do that, they'd be pretty much screwed.

That's why I'm trying to avoid any "Trump is right" or "Trump is wrong" kind of stuff on FB, and go more for neutral stuff that gets people to think in a different way. Because at this point, I'm not really seeing any way at all to get through to the "snowflake" crowd. I'm afraid they're already toast...

Added: And even those who are far less snowflaky, they've still got a HUGE task ahead of them in terms of trying to see what's going on, and still managing to keep their wits about them.

Interesting. It gives me another clue to what soul smashing is. After seeing Westworld's "birth of true AI", I saw what free will could be born of. Interesting how in that show, there are "narratives" programmed into the robots, which we see at some point get bypassed/ignored once self awareness and a higher meaning kicks in. The higher meaning was seeded by one of the original creators, a sort of chaos where the characters had memories of past "lives" (past days- their memories get wiped after a period). Maybe this is the feeling we got, "been there done that", or "meet the new boss, same as the old boss"- which gives us a new thought, is this "it"?

Maybe free will is born from the choice to see that deep down you are not just a product of your genes and environment. I count propaganda and brainwashing as environment in this case. If we look to the opposite side, Authoritarian followers, we see people who in a way give up their free will in order to be part of a group narrative. Maybe that is the idea of the group soul the C's talked about? Soul smashing could be taking that bit of individual seeking and diverting it to some cause that diverts it. Soul eaters as the C's called STS. I keep having the feeling that STS is more of a vector built into us via the predators mind, and STO is the force that gets us out of it. I don't see it as some battle "up there" for our souls, but HERE.

Both sides, left and right are full of them. Under Bush, there were anti war protests from the left which ended under Obama and returned now. Under Obama, the Tea Party/right wing stirred people up while the left apologized for him. Now it's flipped again.
I see this dynamic as a great way of keeping the people running to their "group". As Peterson explained in one of his articles, the tribe mentality can be dangerous. I see that is what occupies their mind, instead of them making up their own minds- if they had one. I know that if I didn't have that deep down burning feeling that something is wrong ("like a splinter in your mind"-Morpheus), I'd probably be riding those political highs and lows, forgetting what "I" really stood for- smashing my soul...

[quote author=piliangie]Another interesting videohttps://youtu.be/bHgt1y3lIRw
[/quote]

I don't put too much faith into the Cliff High web bot predictions anymore and don't have time to sift through 1.5 hrs of this video. What specific things do you find interesting here???

piliangie said:
After all trump is giving to everybody what they deserve...even to Americans , because now that he is the voice of the Anglo Saxon Nordic whites....uncover the racism in USA, and now they know that Mexicans are not dying for the wall, Americans are going to learn that they are not very welcome either here,because Mexicans are educated to open their arms to tourist,because they represented money.but now that we know that they despise Mexicans ,we don't "have"to be polite.....be in your country...I hope that our president don't loose his head.because the politicians and the rich people are the beneficiaries of the transactions with USA not the common citizen.

The main issue of "the Wall" is to re-secure the Border between the U.S. and Mexico. It benefits both Countries.

In 1994, Mexico, United States and Canada signed the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with the goal of eliminating barriers to trade and investment.

Carlos Salinas, President of Mexico, George H. W. Bush, President of the United States and Brian Mulroney, Prime Minister of Canada signed the NAFTA agreement.

The elite behind President Bush were pushing NAFTA, first for trade and then to build a super-commercial-highway that connected Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Canada was more economically and financially stable than Mexico, so Bush offered to help the Mexican economy, if Mexico would consider trade agreements with American firms - some of which moved some of their business branches to Mexico. Another part of the agreement between the U.S. and Mexico was to cut back on some of the regulatory requirements for shipping and cross border transportation and "to relax" Custom Points for commercial vehicles. In business - time is money - and sitting in long lines, waiting to get through check points subtracted from the profit margins. Regulatory requirements were adjusted (again) to benefit commercial truckers, with less wait time and were rarely flagged for inspections. Between the Clinton Presidency and into the Obama occupation, the border mutated into "an open Border" between the U.S. and Mexico. On the other hand, Canada has kept it regulatory requirements, in fact, taking measures to upgrade security since 911.

Under President Trump, NAFTA status is about to change and there is "a real need" to secure our Border with Mexico. It is no longer - a free for ALL ... but will be secured like our Border with Canada. This measure will afford equal security for both Countries.

Scottie said:

Yes, that's my experience as well. I see people I know, who have NEVER shown any interest in geopolitics etc, suddenly posting anti-Trump stuff, saying how we NOW need to save the world. Same thing could be seen with Aleppo and Putin, but to a lesser degree. Now everyone is suddenly "waking up". As we know, what they are actually doing is dreaming that they are awake.

It's a bit frightening to see how people you know can be such automatons and zombies. When the MSM says "jump", they jump. They'd probably jump off a cliff, if the corporate media would say so.

13 Twirling Triskeles said:
Political Abuse

https://www.sott.net/article/340644-The-Hypocrisy-of-Michael-Moore-Corporate-Feminists-and-Controlled-Opposition-of-Womens-March-in-Washington

I was first introduced to Debbie Lusignan through a recently published SOTT article entitled, 'The Hypocrisy of Michael Moore, Corporate Feminists and Controlled Opposition of Women's March in Washington' (linked above), with a video embedded of her speaking primarily about the Women's March in Washington....

Thanks for all the background on Lusignan.

Scottie said:
luc said:

Yes, this words express how I see it too.

I recently had a personal glimpse of this when speaking to my older brother. I knew what would his opinions be because he's basically some sort of nihilist snowflake type, so I didn't engage in conversation on these topics with him. But recently, I was discussing with a common friend about the gender identity issue, and he started saying he was shocked to see how I think and using pity to make us both feel bad for our comments. Such as: "you're so hegemonic and oppressive to these people who suffer so much and you don't have a clue of what it means to not be able to express your identity and to be treated disrespectfully just because you are different, and so on..."

My friend tried to explain with logic what we meant and he was just: "I don't care about your logic, I don't care about your objectivity, that is their reality and they should be respected, and if that makes them feel good, we should respect whatever makes them feel good." "I just want whatever makes people feel good." "I really don't care about what you think on this, just take care when it becomes law because you might get arrested and, please, do not say this in public when I'm with you because it would be shameful." Then he began sabotaging the conversation, even as we changed the subject. He began purposely adding noise (talking about whatever random subject - such as the characteristics of a particular fruit) whenever we spoke.

I know, we've seen how people are reacting in this way on many issues, but this was just a personal experience that made me sad and made me see how serious this could be if people are being pushed to react like this. It gave me a doom feeling. :(

On the other hand, I have a sense that this is also turning into motivation to see more, learn more and share with those who are willing to share and think. Some people that haven't been in contact for a long time are communicating and sharing thoughts about it all which are very sensible. So it has a positive side as well... OSIT.

[quote author= Yas]My friend tried to explain with logic what we meant and he was just: "I don't care about your logic, I don't care about your objectivity, that is their reality and they should be respected, and if that makes them feel good, we should respect whatever makes them feel good."[/quote]

Sure, although statistics show that many regret their sex chance and even commit suicide after. Realizing that they just needed therapy. Only a few feel better after.

Encouraging mental Illness is not helping others in their pursuit of happiness. It's in fact ruining their life.

Is your friend also pro trans-species? since transforming us into animals is the next big thing. Maybe it's 'funny' to ask and see how far he will go in his ''we should encourage everything that makes people feel good'' narrative. Which is really doing more harm than good if critical thinking is not applied.

piliangie said:

Hi piliangie,

Quite frankly, racism in the us is a very old policy. The wall and the despicable things that occurr at the borders are not a Trump thing. It's like what was said above, these realities have been there for decades. Some people are cold and racist and some are not. Just like not all Mexicans a de the same.

Another thing I was thinking about reading Mexico's chancellor speech earlier this week. This could be one of the best things to happen to Mexico. He was talking about diversification of markets and integration with the Caribbean and South American states. And looking elsewhere for economic relationships. Growing closer to China and essentially become more independent of US influence. To me that's a super win.

Mexico is one of those countries we always thought would never leave the cozy place in the backyard of Washington. But alas, we might see the start of it. And should SHTF in the US and collapse, Mexico might be shielded. And the same goes for Latinamérica in general.

Even if Trump didn't have the intention to do so, i think he is creating the opportunity.

Just a few thoughts.

Aragorn said:
Scottie said:

Yes, that's my experience as well. I see people I know, who have NEVER shown any interest in geopolitics etc, suddenly posting anti-Trump stuff, saying how we NOW need to save the world. Same thing could be seen with Aleppo and Putin, but to a lesser degree. Now everyone is suddenly "waking up". As we know, what they are actually doing is dreaming that they are awake.

It's a bit frightening to see how people you know can be such automatons and zombies. When the MSM says "jump", they jump. They'd probably jump off a cliff, if the corporate media would say so.

Good discussion, I sometimes tend to think; I can see it, why can't they? And forget what I went through to get where I'm at in terms of shocks, facing darkness inside and out, the rearrangement of the psyche, etc. And literally years for it all to 'seat.' But yeah, it was still the easy way to do it, as the outer reality was changing more gradually than it is now. I suspect many will not be able to handle the necessary changes and will 'go under.' While some of us, at least, are able to 'ride' these changes to another level. I like what Yas posted too. One day we see things and think; man were screwed! But then we dig a little deeper and find the motivation to step it up another notch, to try and see things in ways we haven't before. I can't help but think that may be an effect of 'the wave.' It's not just the adventure of a lifetime, but of many a lifetimes. OSIT

Alejo said:
Mexico is one of those countries we always thought would never leave the cozy place in the backyard of Washington. But alas, we might see the start of it. And should SHTF in the US and collapse, Mexico might be shielded. And the same goes for Latinamérica in general.

Even if Trump didn't have the intention to do so, i think he is creating the opportunity.

Just a few thoughts.

Thanks Alejo for sharing, I've had similar thoughts lately, though I couldn't put my finger on it, and I don't know too much about Latin America. But maybe this whole 'wall' idea is not only about 'blocking illegals', but also a symbol for blocking American economic and political meddling in Mexico/Latin America? As far as I understand, there is also the drug business aspect, where parts of the US elite and the CIA make huge profits and all that. So, 'shielding' Mexico from the US might lead to interesting developments indeed (maybe), regardless of Trump's intentions.

obyvatel said:
Divide By Zero said:
[quote author=piliangie]Another interesting videohttps://youtu.be/bHgt1y3lIRw

I don't put too much faith into the Cliff High web bot predictions anymore and don't have time to sift through 1.5 hrs of this video. What specific things do you find interesting here???
Clif High video post moved to the thread Clif High-2017 Predictions on Everything .

[/quote]

The two Clif High topics have been merged. The video obyvatel linked to can be found here:

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,12975.msg700721.html#msg700721

Back
Top Bottom