Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

I've just posted some information about Saul Alinsky's book, Rules For Radicals and the Trump resistance movement here that might be of interest:
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,44719.msg730032.html#msg730032

Aragorn said:
... So, as I see it, there's clearly a pathological component at work here. It's the same pathological persistency as with the psychopath: when s/he is not getting his/her way, or when s/he's offended or in any way stopped, s/he does not have the capability of compromising or giving up. The psychopath will continue harassing, bullying, sabotaging etc. until s/he wins and the target loses (or dies), even if the psychopath himself is destroyed in the process (which they can't perceive).

One would hope that Trump is familiar with psychopathology, and how there's almost never a chance that they would give up or stop. The only way is to neutralize their influence/power, and that's a very difficult task. ...However, I have the impression that the persistency by these psychos in power has taken him by surprise, and he is not sure what he should do about them. You need to be a good strategist with a very clever mind like Putin to beat these people.
This is most obvious and annoying in how Trump cannot resist getting entangled defending himself every time the MSM lies or baits him. Doesn't he see this puts the MSM in control of him?! If the record needs correcting, he should clearly, loudly correct it--or better, have his surrogates correct it. Then he should completely ignore them after that to reduce their exposure and credibility. Another big problem is his persistence in his business model of manipulation and dominance. He needs to be a lot more charming and persuasive to gain congressional members' support (where possible).

Since psychopaths only respond to threats to their power, I wish someone like Sean Hannity or some popular blogger would begin a score sheet called "Repeal and Replace Republicans" to tally the times Republicans work against their president's agenda, which they supported during their campaigns.

Divide By Zero said:
Maybe he was blackmailed, like I think Reagan was.
Yeah, they probably showed him "intelligence reports" indicating ISIS had plans to start blowing up his luxury properties around the world. Even though he'd get insurance money, people would run from his developments like rats from a sinking ship and loans secured by these properties for other projects could be threatened so the Trump empire would crumble. That's all it would take. It's that simple, which is very disheartening.

Divide By Zero said:
When they said chances are fair but will likely fizzle, I think they mean that it is fair chance it will happen but when it does happen it will fizzle out- not have a big impact.

With the destruction on the horizon, I'd be less worried about plumbing and more about radioactivity. When the grid goes down for more than a month or so, the many nuke plants around the world will not have the fuel or energy to be able to cool down and lead to meltdown along with gas buildup which will be released into the atmosphere. That's where I don't understand the prepper mentality, unless somehow some areas have minimal exposure.

In reference to "it will likely fizzle out" - take into consideration the "timing" of these recent Protests and that we are in late Summer and heading into Fall in the U.S. The organizers of these Protests are using "a window of opportunity" hoping to start a Revolution (of sorts) before the first hard frost and Winter weather sets in. Mother Nature might strike early - putting a damper on their activities. After that, any planned Protests will probably only be small gatherings and the demonstrations, short lived.

Recently, the Almanac came out with it's 200th publication predicting an early and below average" temperatures for the Northern States. The Almanac has been pretty much "on-spot" with their predictions for the Northeast, in my location. In the last three years, second week in September had a drop in temps and by the end of the month, the first hard frost. After that, it warmed up for about two weeks, then reverted back to cold and rainy weather and start of the Winter season.

Get ready for a cold, wet winter: Almanac predicts the US Northeast is set for below-average temperatures and at least FIVE storms
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4786680/Almanac-Plenty-cold-snow-winter-Northeast.html

As for "the prepper mentality" it's basically "common sense preparation". It's what our Parent's and Grandparent's did before Superstores like Walmart, Lowe's and Home Depot came into existence. Families focused on basic needs for survival, having experienced the Great Depression, that meant stocking up on extra food and things like toilet paper and laundry detergent, etc. My generation "kind of" grew out of that mental mode, due to easy access to stores and availability. My kids, who now have a family of their own, think all they have to do when they need something - is stop at a store - on their way home from work. Plus, they are more prone to "I WANT" verses "I need" so there's a need to educate them on prepping and why it's important.

My concern with these Protests, is that they might not produce the desired effect that their (elite) backers had in mind and something more drastic will be planned. With Winter around the corner, memories of last year come to mind, when even Washington, D.C. came to a stand still due to heavy snow accumulation and icy conditions. New York, the Bronx, Boston and many other States suffered much the same. Grocery shelves were wiped clean and deliveries to restock were delayed. There were even gas stations running out of fuel. In an event like this and because the elite control our infrastructure, they could very easily use it to their advantage, declare a National Emergency and then enforce Martial Law ... then cut cable, phone service and the Internet. You wake up to 3-5 feet of snow and no contact to the outside World and the only food in the house is some left over's from the night before. What do you do now? Then you discover there's no electric, no heat? What if ... you have a family and small kids and you open the front door to discover a solid wall of snow? In the following days, the temps outside remain below freezing and there's been no activity to suggest that the roads have been plowed or any form of rescue efforts? Take the same scenario - if you live in the city. You're able to get out of the building but discover all the stores and shops are closed. Not even a coffee shop is open. All Federal buildings and services are closed to the public. Police stations have restricted entry - for ID personnel only. Any roads cleared of snow have Military Humvees blocking entry. The only option left for you is to make your way back to your residence.

Any one of these scenario's could be in our near future? A little preparation might go a long way - for the unexpected?

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The protests/revolution seem to be more of a distraction used by the PTB. People who were anti-war, forget about that and focus on this "war" of drama. Meanwhile, we are still fighting wars and looking to get into more wars. [/font]

I agree about the basic prepping.
So many people see the supermarket as their pantry.

What I meant as not so useful was the prepping for more than a month, which for many involves too much space which we don't all have. Also, there are preppers that see a high chance of a problem with the grid due to disasters who are ignorant that our society is doomed, we NEED this grid to stay up- otherwise many disasters will happen.
This is the sad future, which makes me wonder how things could restart if society and it's technology falls...

This is kind of a strange article (to me anyways)? In it, it states that CIA Director Mike Pompeo visits Trump in the White House "everyday for a few hours." I read something to this affect, a few days ago in another article but didn't think anything of it? Just thought it was normal? Apparently, I assumed - wrong?

John Kiriakou, a former CIA analyst considers Pompeo's visits as "so unusual as to be unprecedented"? So, I'm unsure ... what he's trying to imply? Is the CIA personally protecting Trump from any harm, like a possible assassination attempt or is John Kiriakou hinting that maybe Pompeo is Trump's "handler" directing his political decisions? I'm not sure what to think?

The Washington Post published a bombshell article on Thursday reporting that CIA Director Mike Pompeo had violated typical CIA protocol by personally overseeing the agency’s counterintelligence unit.

CIA Director’s Visits to Trump White House ‘So Unusual as to Be Unprecedented’
https://sputniknews.com/military/201708261056806153-mike-pompeo-strange-behavior-reasoning/

On Sputnik Radio's By Any Means Necessary, host Eugene Puryear spoke to John Kiriakou, a former CIA analyst who gained celebrity in 2007 for confirming to the press that the CIA had used waterboarding to interrogate al Qaeda prisoners. He spent more than two years of his life in prison after being convicted for violating the Intelligence Identities Protection Act by providing classified information to the New York Times for a 2008 story on the revelation.

Puryear asked about the Post article and what Kiriakou made of Pompeo's micromanagement.

"This is so unusual as to be unprecedented," replied Kiriakou. "There is an associate deputy director for operations for counterintelligence. It is that very senior officer's role to just manage the Counterintelligence Center (CIC) [which] looks for moles, looks for spies, watches the Russians and the Chinese and the Iranians and the Cubans and all the bad guys, the North Koreans, just to make sure that that they're not making inroads into the U.S. intelligence community."

"Now, in [the] present time [the CIC are] also are leading the CIA's efforts in this Russia-gate investigation. It is highly unusual for a CIA director to involve himself in an ongoing investigation. I honestly can't think of another time when this is happened."

Kiriakou surmised two possible reasons for Pompeo's involvement. "One: Pompeo is telling people, including The Washington Post, that he wants to keep the honest people honest. He wants to make sure that the investigation is going forward, he wants to make sure that everybody is playing by the rules, he wants to make sure that people aren't leaking to the press. I can tell you that [US government] leaks never come from the CIA. They always come from the White House, the FBI, the Pentagon. Rarely does a CIA person leak, because they're polygraphed."

"The other reason is, Pompeo is an eminently political animal and he's not used to being a government functionary, even at this high level. He's used to being a politician — and whereas we've got a president who demands intense personal loyalty, this is a former congressman and former member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence who is willing to give that kind of intense loyalty. We should not completely and totally trust Mike Pompeo and his motivations on this issue."

Puryear mentioned that the article made note of another piece of unorthodox behavior from Pompeo: that he was visiting the White House to meet with US President Donald Trump for several hours a day.

This too is "highly unusual" to Kiriakou. He put it into perspective by contrasting Trump to three of his predecessors: "I joined the CIA early on in the first Bush administration. President George H.W. Bush was a former CIA director, he had a true love of intelligence, and he appointed people to senior intelligence positions that he knew he could really discuss issues with down in the weeds. So his CIA directors … were at the White House every day but for an hour and it was in that hour that the president received his presidential daily brief … and that was wonderful but it was highly unusual."

During the Clinton administration, Bill Clinton met with his CIA director once a week for lunch and that was it. George W. Bush saw his CIA director when he needed to see his CIA director — when something came up, they'd have lunch once a week."

"But this 'multiple hours every single day' is unprecedented — and you know that they can't be talking about the world of intelligence because this president doesn't give a whit about the world of intelligence. You know that they're talking about this issue, and it's because President Trump demands this kind of loyalty — he wants to know exactly what's going on in this investigation. The FBI is not telling him, so at the very least he's getting it from the CIA side."

It's really distressing to see Americans fighting against each other when the real "enemy" is the Deep State, Hillary and the gang, Podesta, and the rest.

Divide By Zero said:
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The protests/revolution seem to be more of a distraction used by the PTB. People who were anti-war, forget about that and focus on this "war" of drama. Meanwhile, we are still fighting wars and looking to get into more wars. [/font]

I agree about the basic prepping.
So many people see the supermarket as their pantry.

What I meant as not so useful was the prepping for more than a month, which for many involves too much space which we don't all have. Also, there are preppers that see a high chance of a problem with the grid due to disasters who are ignorant that our society is doomed, we NEED this grid to stay up- otherwise many disasters will happen.
This is the sad future, which makes me wonder how things could restart if society and it's technology falls...

A video series that ran on BBC back in the 70s gives one pause for thought and illustrates the many aspects of survival and possible scenarios that could develop and ways to adapt and survive. I have the whole series downloaded from YouTube and often think of how things could happen the way this cast presented their day to day life.

Here is the first of the series:

https://youtu.be/zAyjkaFYnzE

edited by goyacobol to correct for first episode

Divide By Zero said:
Seems like I read in "Earth Changes-The Human Cosmic Connection," it took Europe 300 years to regain the previous level of craftsmanship, based on samples of pottery and building construction. But that after localized cometary bombardment, not "minor" scenarios like grid failure and martial law--small consolation ;-(

Confirmation of what we are seeing/thinking recently:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/25/breaking-sebastian-gorka-resigns-from-trump-administration/

Breaking: Sebastian Gorka Resigns From Trump Administration
August 25, 2017 By Mollie Hemingway

Sebastian Gorka is resigning his post as Deputy Assistant to President Trump, multiple sources familiar with the situation have told The Federalist.

In a blunt resignation letter, the national security and counterterrorism expert expressed dissatisfaction with the current state of the Trump administration. “[G]iven recent events, it is clear to me that forces that do not support the MAGA promise are – for now – ascendant within the White House,” Gorka wrote. “As a result, the best and most effective way I can support you, Mr. President, is from outside the People’s House.”

Gorka’s letter expressed unhappiness with the direction the Trump administration’s foreign policy has taken, as signaled by the president’s recent speech on Afghanistan:

“Regrettably, outside of yourself, the individuals who most embodied and represented the policies that will ‘Make America Great Again,’ have been internally countered, systematically removed, or undermined in recent months. This was made patently obvious as I read the text of your speech on Afghanistan this week…

“The fact that those who drafted and approved the speech removed any mention of Radical Islam or radical Islamic terrorism proves that a crucial element of your presidential campaign has been lost…

“Just as worrying, when discussing our future actions in the region, the speech listed operational objectives without ever defining the strategic victory conditions we are fighting for. This omission should seriously disturb any national security professional, and any American who is unsatisfied with the last 16 years of disastrous policy decisions which have led to thousands of Americans killed and trillions of taxpayer dollars spent in ways that have not brought security or victory.”

During his time in the Trump administration, Gorka focused on issues such as countering the Muslim Brotherhood, the crisis in Qatar, supporting efforts to draft a new long-term national security strategy, and combatting China’s economic warfare. Before coming to the White House, Gorka was the Major General Matthew C. Horner Chair at Marine Corps University and also contributed to Breitbart News.

Gorka’s tenure at the White House was marked by unusually vociferous attacks against him and his family by left-leaning media organizations and the Democratic Party. This includes personal attacks against his wife, mother, and son.

A source close to the White House said of his decision, “This was more or less going to be a done deal when Bannon submitted his resignation. Not because he didn’t have a protector, but because there is no point in having your life ruined every day if you’re not going to get much accomplished.” The same source said that what did change after Bannon left was that anti-Bannon factions began erecting bureaucratic road blocks to undermine Gorka internally.

The Forward has written dozens of attack pieces against Gorka, including several attempting to align him with Nazism. Most recently that publication retracted a story about his son’s schoolwork. Gorka strenuously objected to allegations he had ties to Nazi groups in his family’s home country of Hungary, where he had previously been involved in national politics. Even detractors eventually acknowledged the Nazi accusations were unfair smears.

In his letter, Gorka made clear that he believes in the promise of the Trump presidency despite being concerned about its present direction.

“Your presidency will prove to be one of the most significant events in modern American politics. November the 8th was the result of decades during which the political and media elites felt that they knew better than the people who elect them into office. They do not, and the MAGA platform allowed their voices to be heard,” he wrote, adding, “Millions of people believe in, and have chosen, you and your vision of Making America Great Again. They will help eventually rebalance this temporary reality.”

Laura said:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/25/breaking-sebastian-gorka-resigns-from-trump-administration/

Sebastian Gorka is resigning his post as Deputy Assistant to President Trump, multiple sources familiar with the situation have told The Federalist.

In a blunt resignation letter, the national security and counterterrorism expert expressed dissatisfaction with the current state of the Trump administration. “[G]iven recent events, it is clear to me that forces that do not support the MAGA promise are – for now – ascendant within the White House,” Gorka wrote. “As a result, the best and most effective way I can support you, Mr. President, is from outside the People’s House.”

Gorka’s letter expressed unhappiness with the direction the Trump administration’s foreign policy has taken, as signaled by the president’s recent speech on Afghanistan:

“Regrettably, outside of yourself, the individuals who most embodied and represented the policies that will ‘Make America Great Again,’ have been internally countered, systematically removed, or undermined in recent months. This was made patently obvious as I read the text of your speech on Afghanistan this week…

“The fact that those who drafted and approved the speech removed any mention of Radical Islam or radical Islamic terrorism proves that a crucial element of your presidential campaign has been lost…

“Just as worrying, when discussing our future actions in the region, the speech listed operational objectives without ever defining the strategic victory conditions we are fighting for. This omission should seriously disturb any national security professional, and any American who is unsatisfied with the last 16 years of disastrous policy decisions which have led to thousands of Americans killed and trillions of taxpayer dollars spent in ways that have not brought security or victory.”

During his time in the Trump administration, Gorka focused on issues such as countering the Muslim Brotherhood, the crisis in Qatar, supporting efforts to draft a new long-term national security strategy, and combatting China’s economic warfare. Before coming to the White House, Gorka was the Major General Matthew C. Horner Chair at Marine Corps University and also contributed to Breitbart News.

Gorka’s tenure at the White House was marked by unusually vociferous attacks against him and his family by left-leaning media organizations and the Democratic Party. This includes personal attacks against his wife, mother, and son.

A source close to the White House said of his decision, “This was more or less going to be a done deal when Bannon submitted his resignation. Not because he didn’t have a protector, but because there is no point in having your life ruined every day if you’re not going to get much accomplished.” The same source said that what did change after Bannon left was that anti-Bannon factions began erecting bureaucratic road blocks to undermine Gorka internally.

The Forward has written dozens of attack pieces against Gorka, including several attempting to align him with Nazism. Most recently that publication retracted a story about his son’s schoolwork. Gorka strenuously objected to allegations he had ties to Nazi groups in his family’s home country of Hungary, where he had previously been involved in national politics. Even detractors eventually acknowledged the Nazi accusations were unfair smears.

In his letter, Gorka made clear that he believes in the promise of the Trump presidency despite being concerned about its present direction.

“Your presidency will prove to be one of the most significant events in modern American politics. November the 8th was the result of decades during which the political and media elites felt that they knew better than the people who elect them into office. They do not, and the MAGA platform allowed their voices to be heard,” he wrote, adding, “Millions of people believe in, and have chosen, you and your vision of Making America Great Again. They will help eventually rebalance this temporary reality.”
They've really applied Alinsky's Rule #13 zealously to Trump:

"Rule #13: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy."

Laura said:

Very interesting. Especially the bolded part above.

Maybe Trump's closest advisors/people could do a better job of MAGA and supporting Trump by working on the outside, maybe by helping to mobilize and/or organize "we the people" as that seems to be the only way forward at this time.

I have been following the LaRouchePAC website over the last couple of months. They seem to me to be doing a good job supporting Trump and getting the truth out to "we the people" regarding the coup against the President, the Russian hacking disinfo, the importance of implementing the Glass-Steagall policy, and America joining China's One Belt One Road initiative.

Here is one of their latest articles:

Think and Act Outside the Box
August 25, 2017

"This is really a grave moment," Helga Zepp-LaRouche stressed in a discussion with associates yesterday, "and we have to get people to understand that the coup against President Trump is still ongoing, and must be reversed by changing the agenda completely," by organizing a dramatic national mobilization for physical economic recovery based on full-scale cooperation with China's Belt and Road Initiative.

"The game is obviously to box Trump in, so that he cannot fulfill his domestic agenda of job creation, and so that he cannot stick to his promises concerning the international policies of stopping these wars," Zepp-LaRouche said. Certain military circles in the U.S. are clearly attempting to get Trump to back off on his stated policy of ending the Bush-Obama era wars; but "if we stick with geopolitics, we are all doomed," Zepp-LaRouche stated.

The policies now being implemented regarding Ukraine, Afghanistan, and elsewhere are terrible; only in Syria is there an example of the right policy of cooperation with Russia to jointly combat ISIS terrorism.

Both Russia and China, continue to extend their hand to the Trump administration to offer ways out of the box, including cooperation on economic and political issues internationally. And the Belt and Road global economic development program continues to move forward, now focused on two key international meetings in early September: the BRICS summit in Xiamen, China (Sept. 3-5); and the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok, Russia (Sept. 6-7).

But the key to solving the strategic crisis remains in the United States, where it is urgent to turn the tables on the ongoing attempted coup against Trump, by getting the President and his team to think outside the box, and act outside the box. Trump hasn't felt sufficient backup so far from his base of supporters, Zepp-LaRouche commented, to be able to break free from the negative pressures he is receiving from those trying to oust him from the Presidency. Trump's base of support in the American population remains strong, but far too many of them have allowed themselves to be manipulated into getting all worked up over silly, tertiary issues—the wall, Obamacare, a barroom brawl over statues.

These are distractions. Don't debate such issues; dismiss them. The life-and-death policy matter facing the country is to get the Trump administration to join with China and Russia to build the World Land-Bridge (which will require bankrupting Wall Street and the City of London with Glass-Steagall), and putting an end to British geopolitics and wars once and for all.

Doing that—just starting to do that—will do wonders to stop the attempted coup d'etat in its tracks.

Laura said:
It's really distressing to see Americans fighting against each other when the real "enemy" is the Deep State, Hillary and the gang, Podesta, and the rest.

I remember William Bramley writing in The Gods of Eden how the divide and conquer strategy was being used time and time again across history to serve the 'aliens'. We don't seem to learn, and it seems that those that 'take the bait' will end up serving as agents of forces that are bent on their destruction. And it's all being done in the name of bringing about an utopia of some sorts.

Moonbird said:
Laura said:

Very interesting. Especially the bolded part above.

Maybe Trump's closest advisors/people could do a better job of MAGA and supporting Trump by working on the outside, maybe by helping to mobilize and/or organize "we the people" as that seems to be the only way forward at this time.

I have been following the LaRouchePAC website over the last couple of months. They seem to me to be doing a good job supporting Trump and getting the truth out to "we the people" regarding the coup against the President, the Russian hacking disinfo, the importance of implementing the Glass-Steagall policy, and America joining China's One Belt One Road initiative.

Here is one of their latest articles:

Think and Act Outside the Box
August 25, 2017

"This is really a grave moment," Helga Zepp-LaRouche stressed in a discussion with associates yesterday, "and we have to get people to understand that the coup against President Trump is still ongoing, and must be reversed by changing the agenda completely," by organizing a dramatic national mobilization for physical economic recovery based on full-scale cooperation with China's Belt and Road Initiative.

"The game is obviously to box Trump in, so that he cannot fulfill his domestic agenda of job creation, and so that he cannot stick to his promises concerning the international policies of stopping these wars," Zepp-LaRouche said. Certain military circles in the U.S. are clearly attempting to get Trump to back off on his stated policy of ending the Bush-Obama era wars; but "if we stick with geopolitics, we are all doomed," Zepp-LaRouche stated.

The policies now being implemented regarding Ukraine, Afghanistan, and elsewhere are terrible; only in Syria is there an example of the right policy of cooperation with Russia to jointly combat ISIS terrorism.

Both Russia and China, continue to extend their hand to the Trump administration to offer ways out of the box, including cooperation on economic and political issues internationally. And the Belt and Road global economic development program continues to move forward, now focused on two key international meetings in early September: the BRICS summit in Xiamen, China (Sept. 3-5); and the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok, Russia (Sept. 6-7).

But the key to solving the strategic crisis remains in the United States, where it is urgent to turn the tables on the ongoing attempted coup against Trump, by getting the President and his team to think outside the box, and act outside the box. Trump hasn't felt sufficient backup so far from his base of supporters, Zepp-LaRouche commented, to be able to break free from the negative pressures he is receiving from those trying to oust him from the Presidency. Trump's base of support in the American population remains strong, but far too many of them have allowed themselves to be manipulated into getting all worked up over silly, tertiary issues—the wall, Obamacare, a barroom brawl over statues.

These are distractions. Don't debate such issues; dismiss them. The life-and-death policy matter facing the country is to get the Trump administration to join with China and Russia to build the World Land-Bridge (which will require bankrupting Wall Street and the City of London with Glass-Steagall), and putting an end to British geopolitics and wars once and for all.

Doing that—just starting to do that—will do wonders to stop the attempted coup d'etat in its tracks.

That's an excellent article, Moonbird!

Trump's economic policies did seem to go in the direction of the "the One Belt/One Road global economic development program" against Obama's push towards NAFTA instead. NAFTA only enriches the Corporations and has little in the way of pulling the United States out of it's economic down turn. Plus, NAFTA's policies are one of the reasons "the middle class" has been dwindling, creating a greater division between class distinction between the "haves and have not's" while it further enriched the Wall Street crowd and bankers.

With Sebastian Gorka now stepping out of the ring, it really exposes the internal pressure Trump is up against, to the general public? Maybe, it will wake more people up to the shenanigans of the Deep State and the attempted coup d'etat (now in progress)?

I notice that a lot more Trump supporters are waking up to the fact that he's being boxed in. Some of the diehards are still in their dream world, but most are becoming clued in. Don't know what that will ultimately mean, but I think it is going to generate a lot of anger.

Back
Top Bottom