Ultra Simple Diet

Megan said:
I have to be careful with the calories. I am over 6 feet tall, but I can gain weight on 2000 calories a day. The main problem seems to be the 1/4 cup flax seed oil -- 480 calories. The flax seed also contributes a lot -- 240 calories. The rest of the ingredients don't add up to all that much. I am thinking that I need to reduce the flax seed oil. I bought a form that has to be kept refrigerated and I wonder if it is more concentrated than the shelf-stable (and much more expensive) varieties. How can I tell?

Hey Megan, this may not apply in your case, but I can tell you that I've been doing the shakes and eating tons of the good stuff (or what seems like a lot) and have still been losing 2-4 pounds per week. So, being on this type of diet with healthy food might not hit the waistline near as hard as the bad stuff.

gaman said:
Megan said:
I have to be careful with the calories. I am over 6 feet tall, but I can gain weight on 2000 calories a day. The main problem seems to be the 1/4 cup flax seed oil -- 480 calories. The flax seed also contributes a lot -- 240 calories. The rest of the ingredients don't add up to all that much. I am thinking that I need to reduce the flax seed oil. I bought a form that has to be kept refrigerated and I wonder if it is more concentrated than the shelf-stable (and much more expensive) varieties. How can I tell?

Hey Megan, this may not apply in your case, but I can tell you that I've been doing the shakes and eating tons of the good stuff (or what seems like a lot) and have still been losing 2-4 pounds per week. So, being on this type of diet with healthy food might not hit the waistline near as hard as the bad stuff.

Indeed, I think that there is calories quantity and calories quality. MSM have made us believe that calorie quantity was the only thing that mattered and now we see millions of obese Americans happily drinking zero calorie poisonous sodas.

How come someone who takes so few calories can become obese?

I guess one explanation is that lipids are some kind of poison coping mechanism, when the body detects the presence of toxin, one solution is to create lipid molecules and to "encapsulate" the toxins within this lipid ball in order to neutralize them.

Megan said:

This first shake seemed much more filling than I expected, so I counted the calories in it and it came to nearly 1000! (OMG) Fortunately, I had not had very much for lunch and I made this first shake in late afternoon (I will normally have them for breakfast or lunch), after spending much of the afternoon trying to help one of our house cats with her health issues by getting her out into the back garden for some exercise. She follows our other cat out, but she is too afraid to stay. This is what I get for not having children.

Wow, that is a lot of calories! The version of the shake I've been doing (and see quoted in other places) is only two tablespoons of flaxseed and flaxseed oil. Actually I free-pour the oil cause it just sticks to the tablespoon. There are several variations of the shake, so you may want to par down the flaxseeds and oil if calories are a concern.

THE ULTRASHAKE RECIPE

• 2 scoops of rice protein powder
• 1 tbsp. of organic flax or borage oil
• Ice (made of filtered water) if desired
• 6-8 oz. of filtered water to desired consistency
• ½ cup of frozen or fresh berries or peaches, pears
• Banana to sweeten - you can also use a scoop of D-Ribose to sweet

Belibaste said:
gaman said:
Megan said:

Indeed, I think that there is calories quantity and calories quality. MSM have made us believe that calorie quantity was the only thing that mattered and now we see millions of obese Americans happily drinking zero calorie poisonous sodas.

How come someone who takes so few calories can become obese?

I guess one explanation is that lipids are some kind of poison coping mechanism, when the body detects the presence of toxin, one solution is to create lipid molecules and to "encapsulate" the toxins within this lipid ball in order to neutralize them.

I just came across these quotes on the Ultramind solution Companion Guide:

UltraMind Companion Guide said:
The total amount of carbohydrates is less important them where they come from. If they are found in foods with a low GL (Glycemic load) and high PI (Phytonutrient index), they will have a very different effect on your appetite and weight than will foods that are quickly absorbed and have few nutrients and fiber. How do you know which foods have a low GL and a high PI? Simple. Choose whole-plant foods, and you can't lose.
(...)
Remember that it's the type of carbs that matters most. If they are from whole-plant foods that contain plenty of fiber or have a low GL, their effect is very different from that of fberless foods. The same amount of carbohydrates from a can of beans or from a can of Coke affects the body in very different ways.

On GL and PI:
Ultramind Companion Guide said:
Glycemic load, or GL, is a measure of how quickly a food enters your bloodstream. Low GL leads to better health. Phytonutrient index, or PI, refers to the amount of colorful plant pigments and compounds in a food that hep prevent disease and promote health. High PI also leads to better health.

I had my first coffee enema today. The enema experience itself went fine. But now, five hours later, I feel like I've drunk too much coffee :rolleyes:

I'm all jittery, dehydrated and can't concentrate on much. Is that normal to begin with? Perhaps I used too much coffee?

Kniall said:
I'm all jittery, dehydrated and can't concentrate on much. Is that normal to begin with? Perhaps I used too much coffee?
If you feel jittery, reduce the amount of coffee by half or more.

Another thing to consider is the following:

http://coffee-enemas.blogspot.com/

Generally people don’t feel much discomfort, but if there are a lot of toxins being released, there may be some purification experienced as gas, bloating, cramps or headache or flu feeling. This is a good sign you are getting rid of toxins. Drink plenty of liquids and do another coffee enema the next day, next week or soon after to flush toxins out.

Well, I had very bad cramps, headaches, flu like symptoms, etc. So I kept doing them on a daily basis until the symptoms disappeared (in like 4 days). Peppermint tea also helps to ease the cramps.

Psyche said:
Well, I had very bad cramps, headaches, flu like symptoms, etc. So I kept doing them on a daily basis until the symptoms disappeared (in like 4 days). Peppermint tea also helps to ease the cramps.

Much as this first enema has made me feel bleh (I have all those symptoms), that's actually great news because it means that it's working :cool2:

Thanks Psyche :flowers:

Sherry Rogers says to listen for a gurgling sound under your rib cage and that that is the bile ducts dumping out the toxins. Has anyone noticed this during the coffee enemas? I haven't yet and I'm wondering if it matters or not, or whether I should make the coffee a little stronger.

John! said:
Sherry Rogers says to listen for a gurgling sound under your rib cage and that that is the bile ducts dumping out the toxins. Has anyone noticed this during the coffee enemas? I haven't yet and I'm wondering if it matters or not, or whether I should make the coffee a little stronger.

Make sure to retain your coffee enema for some 15-20 minutes (get a good book ;)), you should be able to hear a gurgling sound. If not, you can concentrate a little bit.

Psyche said:
John! said:

Make sure to retain your coffee enema for some 15-20 minutes (get a good book ;)), you should be able to hear a gurgling sound. If not, you can concentrate a little bit.

I usually try to do 20 minutes and haven't noticed it yet. I get lots of gurgling sounds in my intestines though.

Kniall said:
Psyche said:

Much as this first enema has made me feel bleh (I have all those symptoms), that's actually great news because it means that it's working :cool2:

Thanks Psyche :flowers:

Welcome! Generally, it is said that these side effects are not that frequent and they only say that you will feel great after doing coffee enemas. That is not what I've seen, most people report these symptoms (or others like constipation, etc) which will subside after repeating the enemas until the accumulated toxins clear out. Only then, you'll feel great after doing coffee enemas and might look forward to do them ;) Once or twice a week is a good frequency for a regular cleanse.

But if the symptoms get very uncomfortable, or you want to avoid unpleasant symptoms, then dilute the coffee, use half of what is generally recommended. Then, you can concentrate a little bit a time until you are using a recommended concentration. The coffee has to stay only in the lower parts of your bowel, from there it will be absorbed into the enterohepatic circulation which includes the liver and bile system where it will do its magic. The coffee doesn't have to go to the rest of the colon where it can wash away minerals and be thus detrimental.

John! said:
I usually try to do 20 minutes and haven't noticed it yet. I get lots of gurgling sounds in my intestines though.

Then, I will say that it is working.

gaman said:
Megan said:

Believe me, Megan, calories do NOT count. Don't even worry about them anymore. Fat is nothing other than inflammation and it increases inflammation. If you plan for all your food and supplements to be anti-inflammatory, the fat will melt away. Try it, you'll be surprised!

Again, do NOT count calories! You will find that the more flax seed oil and other good oils you put in your body, the faster the bad fat on your body melts away! It is crazy, but true! Fats and oils do NOT equate to fat on the body unless they are bad fats.

Psyche said:
John! said:

Really! :shock: 15 - 20 minutes? :/ I thought that I read in Detoxify or Die that it was two sessions of 10 minutes each. Did I miss something somewhere? Cripes, if it is 15 - 20 minutes each session I'll have to get up another 1/2 hour earlier. :cry:

Since I am asking questions, are you using two rounded tablespoons? And Sherry Rogers suggested Folgers Classic Roast, where other articles have said to use organic. Sherry stated why she prefers Folgers, but I cannot find it now.

Any suggestions?

Nienna Eluch said:
Really! :shock: 15 - 20 minutes? :/ I thought that I read in Detoxify or Die that it was two sessions of 10 minutes each. Did I miss something somewhere? Cripes, if it is 15 - 20 minutes each session I'll have to get up another 1/2 hour earlier. :cry:

Since I am asking questions, are you using two rounded tablespoons? And Sherry Rogers suggested Folgers Classic Roast, where other articles have said to use organic. Sherry stated why she prefers Folgers, but I cannot find it now.

Any suggestions?

Hi Nienna,

I am doing the enema as defined in the link given by Psyche here:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=11672.msg119288#msg119288

Back
Top Bottom