What's for Dinner?

Psalehesost

The Living Force
caballero reyes said:
Roast pork tacos with corn tortillas (corn shells) and black tea.I can't quit completely corn, the taste of grease pork with corn tortillas is really delicious. I used to eat ten corn tortillas every day, now I am progressing, only eat five or six.I quit flour(wheat) tortillas.

As perhaps you know, that still leaves you with a form of gluten - and a nasty one, too. Good luck on breaking its hold and quitting it!
 
I

Infiniteness

Guest
Psalehesost said:
caballero reyes said:
Roast pork tacos with corn tortillas (corn shells) and black tea.I can't quit completely corn, the taste of grease pork with corn tortillas is really delicious. I used to eat ten corn tortillas every day, now I am progressing, only eat five or six.I quit flour(wheat) tortillas.

As perhaps you know, that still leaves you with a form of gluten - and a nasty one, too. Good luck on breaking its hold and quitting it!

You probably know this but just in case, if you do live in America make sure you buy organic corn tortillas, as 85% of corn produced in America is GMO.
Stuff is super duper evil.
 

chaps23

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
In the US even when you buy food labeled 100% organic. The US and Canadian governments do not allow manufacturers to label something 100% organic if that food has been genetically modified or been fed genetically modified feed. However, you may find that organic food is more expensive and different in appearance from conventional products. Also, just because something says "organic" on it does not mean that it does not contain GMs. In fact, it can still contain up to 30% GMs, so be sure the labels say 100% organic.

So GMO Foods can still be labeled Organic....

Link.
_http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Genetically-Modified-Foods

Its a joke really. Organic basically refers to fertilizers used etc. But there is no way a farmer can Guarentee cross pollination from a GMO plant unless its in a hot house... even then... pollen is small....

Regards,
Brent
 

caballero reyes

The Living Force
Hi, Psalehesost and Gee.I don't know the difference between mazaharina product that Laura used in a recipe months ago (mazaharina mixed with buckwheat) and mazaharina tortillas, becauce if she did use mazarina, then is not evil or nasty. If tou know please explain to me; and what is GMO?
 

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
caballero reyes said:
Hi, Psalehesost and Gee.I don't know the difference between mazaharina product that Laura used in a recipe months ago (mazaharina mixed with buckwheat) and mazaharina tortillas, becauce if she did use mazarina, then is not evil or nasty. If tou know please explain to me; and what is GMO?

As we have learned more, we make adjustments. Current thinking is to avoid ALL grains, without exception. GMO is "genetically modified". There are tons of articles about them on sott.net. They can destroy your health pretty fast.
 

chaps23

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
For Dinner,

Rainbow Trout oven baked in foil in a delicious fennel, Garlic & Dill sauce. With a side of sweet potato mash.
 

caballero reyes

The Living Force
Thank you Laura, I'll continue reading the "DIet and health" articles that I consider the most practical and important contribution to the health in general against the evil business actual medicine stablished or impossed around the world.
 

herondancer

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
caballero reyes said:
Thank you Laura, I'll continue reading the "DIet and health" articles that I consider your most practical and important contribution to the health in general against the evil bussines actual medicine stablished or impossed around the world.

You might want to try cooking parchment (a kind of paper you can bake with) instead of foil for your fish. There is the possibility of the aluminum leaching into your food, which has had some implication in the development of Alzheimer's. It's usually found in the same place as foil and wax paper, at least in North America, though it might be in the cooking tool section. It's every bit as effective as foil without the problems. :)
 

mb

The Living Force
herondancer said:
You might want to try cooking parchment (a kind of paper you can bake with) instead of foil for your fish. There is the possibility of the aluminum leaching into your food, which has had some implication in the development of Alzheimer's. It's usually found in the same place as foil and wax paper, at least in North America, though it might be in the cooking tool section. It's every bit as effective as foil without the problems. :)

Aluminum can bind in place of magnesium, posing a variety of potential health issues. See, for example, _http://www.arltma.com/AlzheimerDoc.htm (search for the heading "Magnesium Deficiency"). Aluminum foil used for cooking and aluminum cookware are among the common sources of contamination, along with baking powder, antiperspirants, and vaccines. One of our diet & health reference books (I have lost track of which one) mentions that when aluminum binds to sites in nerve tissues it can permanently damage these long-lived, hard to replace cells. Baker's Detoxification and Healing states that aluminum can bind to DNA in a cell's nucleus and remain there until the cell dies. Aluminum is particularly dangerous because of the potential for irreversible accumulation and toxicity.

Cooking parchment is an alternative to aluminum foil, but use an unbleached chlorine-free product if possible.
 

chaps23

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
herondancer said:
You might want to try cooking parchment (a kind of paper you can bake with) instead of foil for your fish. There is the possibility of the aluminum leaching into your food, which has had some implication in the development of Alzheimer's. It's usually found in the same place as foil and wax paper, at least in North America, though it might be in the cooking tool section. It's every bit as effective as foil without the problems. :)

I think you were supposed to put my quote in there not caballero reyes, Shizen, I still use foil.....Cant believe I havnt looked into it!

Cheers HeronDancer & Megan
 

Chrissy

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
My kids still want their old favorites, so this is my attempt at Meatloaf.

1 pound ground grass fed beef, 2 pounds ground pork, pork cracklings crushed to resemble bread crumbs, a bit of chopped onion, a beaten egg, and salt. After I bake it, I slice it and dip it in the pan drippings.
 

domi

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Recently I had the butcher make some pork belly sausage for me.
Not only does it taste better and is it more moist than regular pork sausage, you also end up with some nice grease after cooking in a skillet.

After taking a shot at Thomas Keller's pork belly confit recipe - where the main ingredient is a slab of pork belly - I can state that pork belly in ground, cylindrical form is much more practical for everyday use.

Served some pork belly wieners on Xmas tapas-style and it was a big hit.
 

Goemon_

Jedi Council Member
Tonight : omelet

I have eat an 2 eggs omelet with some olive, cooked in a big spoon of ghee plus a spoon of coconut oil.
 

Goemon_

Jedi Council Member
Today :

Lamb's lettuce with hard-boiled egg, coconut oil, fried garlic, turmeric powder, salt and my now usual 20g portion of cod liver.
 
Top Bottom