What's the weather where you are?

Southern Spain in the mountains :

The winter has been warmer than usually here (they say snow is not uncommon in the winter normally as it is mountains) It has been around 25 degrees C most of the time (colder at night). The almond trees started blooming around new year, and were buzzing with bees (way too early) and people say we might not have water when summer comes because it hasn't been raining.

Then today there has been a storm, and even some snowing/hailing (very bad for the almond trees and the bees if it gets cold now)

Another thing I have noticed since around new year is those weird clouds that look as if they have been centrifuged, -there was an article on Sott with those clouds also around new year (I think the pictures were taken somewhere in southern Spain too) . Though the ones I see here look as they have floated for a while since being centrifuged, so they are starting to lose some shape. (but still clearly the same type as the ones I saw on Sott) The last I saw was last week.

Abnormal warm weather here in Macedonia. During the day from 15-22 C. I feels somehow very heavy. Everybody feel this weight of this weather. Cloudy with rain from time to time and windy.

Konstantin said:
Abnormal warm weather here in Macedonia. During the day from 15-22 C. I feels somehow very heavy. Everybody feel this weight of this weather. Cloudy with rain from time to time and windy.
Also in Croatia, rain, fog, humidity, drivers on the road submerged ... :(

In December we had a lot of thick fog, which is very unusual for the capitol of Serbia. And the entire winter is very warm. I almost haven't seen a snow! Maybe just three or four days so far.
Today in some cities it was 25°C! In a middle of February!

Persej said:
In December we had a lot of thick fog, which is very unusual for the capitol of Serbia. And the entire winter is very warm. I almost haven't seen a snow! Maybe just three or four days so far.
Today in some cities it was 25°C! In a middle of February!

Almost the same situation in the North of Italy, this winter we didn't had even one day of snow(in Torino), for almost 3-4 months we had droughts, many rivers are almost dried out, Po one of the biggest rivers in North of Italy, a couple of days ago you could cross it(in Torino) by foot. Also smog, a Lot of smog(for long periods of time), pollution of the air etc. etc.

Andre' said:
Almost the same situation in the North of Italy, this winter we didn't had even one day of snow(in Torino), for almost 3-4 months we had droughts, many rivers are almost dried out, Po one of the biggest rivers in North of Italy, a couple of days ago you could cross it(in Torino) by foot. Also smog, a Lot of smog(for long periods of time), pollution of the air etc. etc.

It seems that we are influenced by the same wind current. I hope that it will also protects us when the ice age comes. ;)

Persej said:
It seems that we are influenced by the same wind current.

Yeah, it seems so, i don't mind a mild winter you know, but this winter has been so far, the strangest winter i've seen here in Italy, we had cold days, low temperatures but most of the time clear skies, no rain, no snow, unusually high temperatures(for winter season).

Persej said:
I hope that it will also protects us when the ice age comes. ;)

I really hope so :)

Andre' said:
Yeah, it seems so, i don't mind a mild winter you know, but this winter has been so far, the strangest winter i've seen here in Italy, we had cold days, low temperatures but most of the time clear skies, no rain, no snow, unusually high temperatures(for winter season).

I also don't mind mild winter, but I must notice that this really was a strangest winter in this part of the world. In 2013 I mentioned here on the forum how warm the 1st February was (it was 13C). But 25C in February?! That's way above the normal! And the other days were also a lot above the normal. We had some rain, but we had more rain than snow, which shouldn't happen in the winter. I knew it in December with all that fog that this winter is gonna be strange somehow. Now I wonder how the next part of the year will be?

NW coast of England, the Fylde: Much of the same regarding fluctuating temperature, as per the comments from mainland Europe but the rain seems to have subsided; today we haven't had any rain. Mornings to afternoons do have the odd few hours of bright sunlight with much much less cloud than previous months.

Storm Imogen ended last week and brought at least two days of 15mph winds, about 30mph at night but average if not warm wind temps; it was stronger than the storm Henry.

And since then we've had temps as high as 13C and as low as 3-5C. It feels much more like winter now though; relatively still, damp and cold air with lower temps.

That said, the UK MET office have posted the following - and the graphic goes some way to showing the meandering jet stream, i think. Bearing in mind Piers Corbyns predictions for a snowy February (some forecasters are agreeing a light dusting of snow is on it's way).
From colder weather to unseasonably warm. The ‪#‎jetstream‬ is bringing us some big contrasts this week

Monday

12717567_10153552583284209_732331909663575614_n.jpg

Weekend

12745962_10153552583369209_342359407789819648_n.jpg

Croatia
yesterday, Extreme storm struck +200 km / h Senj Nehaj Fortress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lksKSo5Qg4A

Who says men can not fly? ;)

After having a few months of good rain on the Northern Tablelands NSW Aus, the tap has been turned off again. There has only been 2mm of rain for February so far and the ground has dried significantly with cracks growing larger by the day. Temps have been low to mid 30s C, expecting high 30s by the weeks end.

The good thing is the moist easterly wind is a near constant feature, so things could change anytime.

Vienna, Austria. Yesterday we had temperatures about 18 degrees C, which is very warm for that time of the year, should be about 0°.
And today everybody is very quiet, not talking too much - even in the trainstations people were walking without talking which is very seldom the case.
We are very tired and have difficulties to concentrate - all colleagues and customers. :huh:

naorma said:
Vienna, Austria. Yesterday we had temperatures about 18 degrees C, which is very warm for that time of the year, should be about 0°.

The same here in Southern Bavaria. Additionally the plants blooming about 4 weeks earlier than the last years. We have now snowdrops, crocus and primroses in the garden. Winter aconites are already gone. Primroses are in flower normally around Easter (with exception of very few very early blossoms. Narcissus near the house already near blossoming. This winter we had very few cold days and even less days with snow. So all in all a quite warm winter - more like spring. So here we are on the warm, relatively dry side of extremes. When watching the January earth changes video then there were many others, who were much less lucky... :scared:

Good luck to all, who were/are/will be struggling with these extremes. :hug2:

Dirgni said:
naorma said:

The same here in Southern Bavaria. Additionally the plants blooming about 4 weeks earlier than the last years. We have now snowdrops, crocus and primroses in the garden. Winter aconites are already gone. Primroses are in flower normally around Easter (with exception of very few very early blossoms. Narcissus near the house already near blossoming. This winter we had very few cold days and even less days with snow. So all in all a quite warm winter - more like spring. So here we are on the warm, relatively dry side of extremes. When watching the January earth changes video then there were many others, who were much less lucky... :scared:

Good luck to all, who were/are/will be struggling with these extremes. :hug2:

Some crazy weather in Pforzheim too (south west germany). Two days ago we had also spring temperatures around 15 ° Celsius and just 24 hours later it dropped to around 0 ° Celsius and the weather service said that a bit of snowfall was expected. What came then, was not a bit of snowfall but instead quite much and the snow is not completely melted by now either.

So Monday there was spring weather. Yesterday evening and during night we had a bit of snow. There is still some snow on roofs. So warm spring weather and normal winter weather within 48 hours. Crazy weather and crazy times.

Back
Top Bottom