What's the weather where you are?

Beautiful sunshine today! In the last couple of days skies were heavily overcast over Hungary - western neighbor of Ukraine - as if a dark presence was hanging over the planet.

Today the sky completely cleared and I enjoyed the rays of sunshine from our Life Giver on my face. Walking outside I breathed long sighs of relief as the influence of Killary's evil gang was apparently forced to withdraw from this realm. Reflecting in the weather too.

Unusually warm here in WI/USA...on track to break the record for latest killing frost.(Nov 12, 1946)
kind of weird to see green growth on squash and pepper plants. Some flowers are even re-blooming. Our average date for first killing frost is mid October. Even mosquitoes and bees can still be seen buzzin around. :huh:

After 2-3 days of heavy rain, today its just cloudy with periodic light rains in Western Macedonia. Temperatures are going down and this morning Mountain peaks above 1900m have a fresh snow.
Forecasts are that next week weather will be cloudy or sunny , without any rain or snow but temperatures will go bellow zero in the morning.

Some awkward warmth has persisted in Split, Dalmazzia for a number of days - pretty unpleasant thou: temperatures just over 20° C, accompanied with warm southern wind. While overcast. it is bearable - jet no relief in form of rain. But when sun emerges behind clouds, feels like summer! So today i've seized an opportunity for dipping in Adriatic Sea at Bache Beach - and it was just fantastic! Sea water was 17° C, so not appropriate for cold protocol yet... A kind of Twilight Fall feeling :cool:

France, Côte d'Azur : nous avons eu une tempête hier et cette nuit et le vent a soufflé si fort que je n'ai pu dormir...
Je suis en ce lieu depuis 2000 et je n'ai jamais entendu le vent de cette façon, si fort et si longuement...

France, Cote d'Azur: we had a storm yesterday and that night and the wind blew so hard I could not sleep ...
I've been here since 2000 and I've never heard the wind this way, so loud and so long ...

PERLOU said:
France, Côte d'Azur : nous avons eu une tempête hier et cette nuit et le vent a soufflé si fort que je n'ai pu dormir...
Je suis en ce lieu depuis 2000 et je n'ai jamais entendu le vent de cette façon, si fort et si longuement...

France, Cote d'Azur: we had a storm yesterday and that night and the wind blew so hard I could not sleep ...
I've been here since 2000 and I've never heard the wind this way, so loud and so long ...

Yes, the storm made it to us in Tarn-et-Garonne later in the night. It was pretty wild for awhile and some impressive lightning and thunder! But no trees down, the little greenhouse held together, so all is well.

Heureuse que tout aille bien pour vous Laura...

Happy that everything goes well for you Laura ...

Laura said:
PERLOU said:

Yes, the storm made it to us in Tarn-et-Garonne later in the night. It was pretty wild for awhile and some impressive lightning and thunder! But no trees down, the little greenhouse held together, so all is well.

I´m so glad that after the storm passed your environment still looked crystal clear :cool2: and that you all haven´t got sidetracked from your already busy life.

A real winter morning in Western Macedonia today. Light snow mixed with a North wind and temperatures from -5C to -3C. Little early this year. This global warming is making miracles more and more every day. :)

Down here in SW North Carolina, we FINALLY got some rain overnight. We've been in a drought all Fall, as it hasn't rained since September. This has led to concerning wildfires all throughout the Great Smoky Mountain region. There is a lot of chatter that arsonists are behind some or all of the fires, even going so far as to say that firefighters are behind the arson so they continue to have work. My guess is that the wildfires started because of the drought and that arsonists are behind its continuing spread.

We've been hoping and praying for rain as the fires are spreading and getting precariously close to us, the closest being about 2.5 miles away. It's supposed to rain today and tomorrow thankfully. I just hope that the rest of the region is also going to get rain, as just last night the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area in Tennessee underwent forced evacuations and the highways had to be closed - https://www.rt.com/usa/368497-gatlinburg-fire-evacuations-arson/ - and video of the fire near the highway: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1024797974296048&id=100002975660869. Here's to more rain and hopefully people's homes are saved.

Beau said:
Down here in SW North Carolina, we FINALLY got some rain overnight. We've been in a drought all Fall, as it hasn't rained since September. This has led to concerning wildfires all throughout the Great Smoky Mountain region. There is a lot of chatter that arsonists are behind some or all of the fires, even going so far as to say that firefighters are behind the arson so they continue to have work. My guess is that the wildfires started because of the drought and that arsonists are behind its continuing spread.

We've been hoping and praying for rain as the fires are spreading and getting precariously close to us, the closest being about 2.5 miles away. It's supposed to rain today and tomorrow thankfully. I just hope that the rest of the region is also going to get rain, as just last night the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area in Tennessee underwent forced evacuations and the highways had to be closed - https://www.rt.com/usa/368497-gatlinburg-fire-evacuations-arson/ - and video of the fire near the highway: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1024797974296048&id=100002975660869. Here's to more rain and hopefully people's homes are saved.
Sounds a serious situation so I hope the rain comes, fingers crossed for all.

Here in Yorkshire in the U.K. It's been beautiful but the temps have dropped. It was -3 c this morning.

Back
Top Bottom