What's the weather where you are?

aurora said:
In a village of Bayburt (Turkey) a fox has frozen while standing. The temperature was - 30 C at night.

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szApIHoMH8M

Snow is expected in İstanbul.

I'd assume the cold would make it lie down before freezing and dying, so it's probably stuffed fox. Though I did find this Turkish news report about it: _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8ZPhP_a1kI

First snow covers the street this morning in Gostivar, Western Macedonia. The temperature is around zero right now , but for the weekend a strong polar wave is expected.Not just for Macedonia, but for the whole Balkan.
The forecast temperatures for the Saturday night / Sunday morning are around -25C. So it is gonna be very cold and windy.
Let's see how will that look like.

In Southeast Florida it has been unseasonably warm and wet. The temperature has dropped today, has been in the mid eighties for weeks. Today it is 80 degrees with relative humidity of 99% as of now. I would really like to see some cooler weather before spring and summer heat up!

Yesterday we had the first snow in Southern Bavaria this winter and I cleared it from some ways around the house. Temperature is a bit below 0oC. Today it is quite windy and a bit of snow "dust" is falling.

Snow and strong NE wind, temperatures during the day -1 to 2 ºC, during the night -4 ºC. Interesting to say, Dalmatian coast has a typically Mediterranean climate, snow was rare sight up to 2011. Before that we could see snow every 10-12 years for couple of hours, but now in the time of "global warming" we have snow every winter for day or two. :cool2:

Attachments

• 1 snijeg pelješac 1.jpg
    1 snijeg pelješac 1.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 1 snijeg Pelješac.jpg
    1 snijeg Pelješac.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 1 snijeg Pelješac 2.jpg
    1 snijeg Pelješac 2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 1 snijeg satelit.jpg
    1 snijeg satelit.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 137
Croatia, very cold morning (-6), with bora, in some parts of the coast, feeling cold is far greater.
http://www.severe-weather.eu/mid-range-outlook/severe-burabora-winds-over-the-adriatic-sea-and-intense-sea-effect-snowfall-across-cntrl-s-italy-january-6-2017/

15871965_1073573539432040_1958702572687814467_n.png

Very cold in Gostivar, Western Macedonia. Clear weather with a light wind. There is around 30-40 cm snow on the ground. The temperature today at 5 pm was -12C. During the night and in the early morning it will probably go down to -20C.
It's freezing but with proper clothing, it's really nice to walk outside on that frozen snow.

Next few days is expected to continue with the same low temperatures.Maybe at the end of next week the temperature will go up for a few degrees.

Attachments

• zima.jpg
    zima.jpg
    789.9 KB · Views: 108
I have a taste of Siberian winter right now: -20C where I am at the moment, southwest Serbia. :)

Eastern NC, USA: Very cold (22F and dropping fast), some snow and a lot of ice cover, moderate winds.

We got our first snowstorm of the winter season last night. About 1 ft of snow fell in western NC, USA. Highs in the 20's(F.) today, single digits tonight. By Thursday the high temperature is expected to reach 60 degrees (F.)! :wow:

In Poland, the South-eastern area of Krosno in the night of 3 days is -23°C (-9°F) to -27 °C (-17°F). During the day, the air temperature is from -15°C to -18°C and in spite,, global warming. "

Well, well, I got my wish here in Southeast Florida! Woke up to a chilly 46 degrees this morning and breezy. Had to pull the jeans and sweatshirt out of hibernation but glad it cooled off some. :)

Some overcast skies in Split, Dalmazzia but with a bit "higher" temp - hoovering just around 0°C - than last week when mercury in barometers was down to -4°C 8 (or so); Alpine garments were needed even on Riva Promenade where some daring dudes (gosh - even me!) enjoyed sunny but a pretty freezing environment. Meteoz announced a couple of "warmer" rainy days that follow, which could be immediately met with incoming yet another Arctic wave that will be turning rain into snow et al :cry:.

As another curiosity: Snow covered roofs n' beaches in "King's Landing" aka Ragusa aka Dubrovnik too - mesmerizing
and surreal :wow:

https://youtu.be/LQVvzy2Z3CQ

Attachments

• Stradun.jpg
    Stradun.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Dubrovnik.jpg
    Dubrovnik.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 5
So far it's been a mild winter here in the foothills of the Rocky Mts. in SW Colorado, I'm happy to report. Many days with highs in the mid 40's, F. having rain as opposed to the usual snow at times. The tempatures at the lowest are nothing like last year which was much colder. I live in a area where the extremes in weather don't happen like is seen in the rest of the country and I'm grateful for that.

Back
Top Bottom