What's the weather where you are?

It has been very hot in Northern Central Spain, punctuated by record rain, hail, and winds. Just check out this video at the airport in Zaragoza last weekend:

It went up to 157km per hour in their records. Practically speaking, it had the strength of a category 2 hurricane.

In Southern Scandinavia it is still dry. It is now two months of dry and sunny and the meteorologist expect dry weather until mid August. Hopefully they are wrong, but it now appears, the financial losses forecasted for the farmers earlier in the summer have been realistic. At the same time Russia's harvest of wheat is expected to drop from 85 milion tons to around 70 million tons, or 20 % less, due to dry weather earlier in the growing season. Perhaps it is a good time to stock up.

Reactions: Ca.
This blew in this afternoon coming from the flatland's into the mountain range. It produced dime and penny sized hail (at my local), with wind gust and sporadic lighting and thunder. All mixed with a large amounts of rain which caused some street flooding.

Pretty impressive this early in the year. Though we would see this activity more in late August, and in the September months.

DhSGSWAXUAIgDV-.jpg:large

Cest la vie ! :whistle:

It is awfully hot and humid here in Québec. One of the longest heat wave since 2010.

It is awfully hot and humid here in Québec. One of the longest heat wave since 2010.

Same here! I'm in south, central lower Michigan, USA. We've had 95-100F weather for several days. There were heat advisories in place for a couple of days. Too hot to even go outside!

Well, it got pretty warm here (SW France) for a few days in a row - 88 to low 90s F / 31/33 C - but stormed last night and went down to something like 64 F/ 17/18 C - last night. Now it is cloudy and still cool at nearly 10 AM. I think it is not supposed to get very hot today, but will warm up over the next few days to about the same and then storm again. Definitely a new weather pattern for here.

Another week of heatwave in London! 28-20 Celsius / 82-86 Fahrenheit. It rained yesterday but the temperatures remain high. Today is very humid, a bit overcast and really stuffy, which makes the temperature feel much warmer than it is. During the entire time we've had the heatwave here there was a bit of a chilly wind too. I was in a park with some friends a couple of times and despite high temperatures the chilly wind was quite noticeable.

The weather forecast says the heatwave will continue for at least another week.

Sunny mornings and cool, cloudy-breezy afternoons for 12 days straight provided superb working conditions West of Ukraine.
Then on the 4th of July I noticed its getting hot. Sky was too clear, white clouds visible only far away, near the horizon, the sun shone freely and began to heat up the house walls.

Today I did two short [late] adjustments ending ~14:00pm. By ~17:00pm a sparse gray cloud cover developed, slowly taking over the sky amidst a handful of raindrops & rumblings: bringing cool breeze and preventing the afternoon sun from heating up the house. By now - Paris *Fri 20:36 UTC - the sky became overcast, matching the image pictured in the mind, when dialing the temps down.

I botched it: this is how a late adjustment risks the sky remain overcast for the night, preventing the remaining heat to radiate back into space. It was a super-nice 12 day cool-weather streak.

Today and over the weekend expecting higher temps in southern California (San Fernando Valley) around 112F or 44C, it's going to be brutal....:cry::cry:

Same here! I'm in south, central lower Michigan, USA. We've had 95-100F weather for several days. There were heat advisories in place for a couple of days. Too hot to even go outside!

Southern Ontario here. The past week was very hot, staying in the mid-twenties (high seventies) even throughout the night. We finally got a break from it yesterday. We've barely had any rain - just a sprinkling a few nights ago - although the area is typically arid anyway. However there's been crazy suburban sprawl the past few years and I'm wondering if that's having an effect.

Our worst summer though, was two years ago. From the end of May straight through to September I found it too hot to go outside during the day and I don't remember there being any break in the heat at all. .
Meanwhile the maritimes had an unusually cold June, at least early on. Newfoundland even got snow.

Steady soft rain all morning from overcast skies and lukewarm-cool breeze West of Ukraine. Sun broke through for a couple hours in the afternoon to give light to the watered flora. Now the skies closed, its drizzling again. Cooling down a little bit more. Good conditions for work.

Another week of heatwave in London! 28-20 Celsius / 82-86 Fahrenheit. It rained yesterday but the temperatures remain high. Today is very humid, a bit overcast and really stuffy, which makes the temperature feel much warmer than it is. During the entire time we've had the heatwave here there was a bit of a chilly wind too. I was in a park with some friends a couple of times and despite high temperatures the chilly wind was quite noticeable.

The weather forecast says the heatwave will continue for at least another week.
I've been noticing the strange coolness in the breeze too, especially if sitting in the shade for long - yet its absolutely roasting in the sun (all the grass is yellow hay-dust across the Thames Valley)
The high-pressure system that continues to sit over the UK has crawled up from the south bringing the warmth as to be expected, but the gentle winds are spiraling up over Scotland following the Atlantic Drift from the south-west, then swings back southward down the other side of the UK's eastern flank tracking the North Sea coastline dragging with it a touch of polar air I think. It has been creating quite a peculiar effect during the night too: The night-time temps start dropping off quite sharply in the early hours of the morning between about 2.30am - 3.00am. Usually when we get prolonged summer heatwaves +28C highs on the regs particularly across the inland and low-lying southern regions of the British Isles, the effects by the 3rd day of heat build-up cause the nights to stay very warm and sticky throughout its duration with night-time lows in the high teens and the very-low 20's... This time however, the night-time lows have almost always tumbled to mid to low teens. Nearly every night now, I've woken to having to pull up my lite-duvet over my lower torso. I can't remember having had to do that during mid-summer heatwaves before. My nephew went camping with a couple friends in a field over the weekend. They were too hot to sleep until just gone 2.30am when my sister had to go and get spare sleeping bags out from the car because it suddenly got too chilly!... She finds the sudden drop in night temps followed by yet another blazing hot day rather odd too - not least because the sudden early-hours coolness doesn't produce any dew.

Today and over the weekend expecting higher temps in southern California (San Fernando Valley) around 112F or 44C, it's going to be brutal....:cry::cry:

we made it trough two scorching hot days over the weekend over 119F/ 48c and this week will be very humid with higher on 98f all week long

Back
Top Bottom