Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

I wanted to provide an update that I have somewhat paused the sessions (done 35 so far) due to the extremely cold weather. Our house gets really cold and heating is expensive. I often wake up these days sneezing with blocked nose or sinus issues as the bedroom gets colder by the morning. We generally use a portable heater to heat up the bedroom and then turn it off before going to sleep.

In the morning, a quick walk to the living room to turn on the central heating is enough to start an episode of sneezing, runny nose etc leading to headaches and my day is pretty much ruined from there on. The HBOT unit blows cold oxygen in the nostrils which doesn't help the immediate condition even though the Oxygen-intake is helping. Overall, I do feel its making a difference and I am missing not doing it regularly. Hopefully, this winter will pass soon and I can get back to a normal routine.
I am very sorry that you have to freeze.
A tea light oven could be a solution - do you know a tea light oven?
The thing with the tea light candles and the two clay flower pots works like a fireplace if you do it right.

This one, two reviews from two buyers, Dr hugo is the name on it. It must be good if it has a dr names on it 🤣 Havent handed over any money yet. Still undecided if I will go with them or not. Like you, its hard to find info on them except the reviews on alibaba. So many its hard to know which one to go for.

They seem okay, although cant know for certain, they have one review I see on alibaba from a buyer of the same chamber. Thats a nice price you got though. From what I'm reading its best to get a 10l concentrator instead of the standard 5l that come with most of the 1.3. So its not working at maximum all the time, the one you linked goes to 10l, so thats good.
Did you have any problems with customs and did you have to pay duty since most Alibaba stuff is from China or outside EU?
Do you have to have oxygen tank for the operation?
And lastly - can you use it if you live alone? I am guessing you need someone to operate it once you are inside.

since I got it from same supplier, I will reply to these two
Do you have to have oxygen tank for the operation?
No. Just oxygen generator directly feeding.
And lastly - can you use it if you live alone? I am guessing you need someone to operate it once you are inside.
I had been using it alone. you can do it. Just needs to be patient( little inconvenient but manageable) while closing the zip to avoid the air gap. You are little taller than me but I think you can manage it.

would this work as a standalone meter inside the chamber?
View attachment 64211

let's find out and get either a discount or teared eardrums
I too have similar outside gauge. when it reaches 150 psi (red ) , it is 1.5 ATA. Whether it works inside the chamber or not depends on where the air inlet is and how it is designed. For the this external guage I received, It didn't show correct pressure when I used it inside ( It shows less).

I had been using it alone. you can do it. Just needs to be patient( little inconvenient but manageable) while closing the zip to avoid the air gap. You are little taller than me but I think you can manage it.
I can't find it on their website but vaguely remember that Ø800 model might be longer than Ø700 one. It's worth considering if you are tall.

I'm up to 9 hour sessions so far. I've added red/infrared therapy before hand to help with antioxidant production in the mitochondria (as well as amplify the overall process of healing).
I've been much more hungry, and without adding calories all the positive results grind to a halt. I've also noticed that I can't smoke as much at the moment. My head feels clearer, but it's still early days.

Wanted to share something I just ran across. In the video he discusses the usual types of brain injuries (including PTSD) and how HBOT heals them - this is not new. What is interesting was the connection between fibromyalgia and a specific pattern of brain injury. What is new is that you can see the same type of brain injury from childhood abuse (all kinds) and stress.
He mentioned that with patients who have fibromyalgia there pain symptoms can worsen during the first 20 sessions. And with those who have suffered abuse (especially if they don't remember it) they can experience spontaneous memory recall of the traumatizing events.

So it would seem that HBOT can heal emotional trauma perhaps.

I've certainly had minor memories I didn't know I had (not trauma related) surfacing during and after sessions.
I've also wondered about what the C's said about HBOT offering some protection from 4D STS - I noticed that I feel (subtly, and very subjectively) better put together. So does HBOT also prevent or even remove attachments?

I'm up to 9 hour sessions so far. I've added red/infrared therapy before hand to help with antioxidant production in the mitochondria (as well as amplify the overall process of healing).
I've been much more hungry, and without adding calories all the positive results grind to a halt. I've also noticed that I can't smoke as much at the moment. My head feels clearer, but it's still early days.

Snip

RedFox, what is your protocol for using NIR therapy before the HBOT sessions? How long, what distance from the lamp, etc.

RedFox, what is your protocol for using NIR therapy before the HBOT sessions? How long, what distance from the lamp, etc.
I got some of the information from the following video:
I know there is enough info about HBOT through this thread, but I found the last interview of Dr. Scott Sherr by Gabrielle Lyon, very interesting since he touches some things to combine with the treatment, like supplements, specially methylene blue, meditation, and 'surprisingly' nicotine, among other lifestyle issues to combine with HBOT.

Here is the link for the podcast:

And YouTube:
You can look up the Infrared Bed thread too.
I based the distance and timing based on that thread/what the C's said. My memory of what was said was 60-90 minutes was enough per week. My lamp is a 90cm LED panel, so I do the front then back of my legs, then front and back of my upper body/head.
I do 5 minutes per side/area (so 20 mins total to cover the whole body), at a few inches of distance for maximum energy. I figured this would make it close to the infrabed - just spaced out.
5 minutes (for each part of the body) per day is 25mins total (of NIR) over 5 days or 35mins for 7 days. As there is some overlap it could perhaps be considered 10 minutes, so that's 50mins for 5 days or 70mins for 7 days.
That should put it in the same time frame suggested by the C's (unless I've miss remembered).

The other part of the protocol is simple - does my energy go up over time (over the day itself, over the subsequent days) or down. Do I feel tired? If so, back off and take a break.

I got some of the information from the following video:

You can look up the Infrared Bed thread too.
I based the distance and timing based on that thread/what the C's said. My memory of what was said was 60-90 minutes was enough per week. My lamp is a 90cm LED panel, so I do the front then back of my legs, then front and back of my upper body/head.
I do 5 minutes per side/area (so 20 mins total to cover the whole body), at a few inches of distance for maximum energy. I figured this would make it close to the infrabed - just spaced out.
5 minutes (for each part of the body) per day is 25mins total (of NIR) over 5 days or 35mins for 7 days. As there is some overlap it could perhaps be considered 10 minutes, so that's 50mins for 5 days or 70mins for 7 days.
That should put it in the same time frame suggested by the C's (unless I've miss remembered).

The other part of the protocol is simple - does my energy go up over time (over the day itself, over the subsequent days) or down. Do I feel tired? If so, back off and take a break.
Thanks :-). I did read the infrabed-thread a couple of years ago and got a NIR array about the same size that you mention. But I never got into the habit. Will try to start it up again :-).

Received my Macy-Pan today! Since I decided and realised that I need to buy this everything has run as clockwork, amazing. 4 days from China…:)
Did you pay a lot for import duty?
Did you get 1.5 soft chamber?
Just got this quote from them:
We also supply soft chamber with 1.5ATA, ST702
Original Price: 5700USD, Shipping cost: 1450USD,Total: 7,150USD

Discount price: 6,295USD
(discount price is only valid until Sept 30th)

I live in Sweden and I payed approx. USD500 in import duty for my soft 1.5ATA chamber ST702, and my price was USD6000. I got the price down after some serious but polite negotiation during a couple of weeks, and by comparing them with Zoy-Tech. A very nice guy by the name Louis btw. Note that the exchange rates has changed since July.

Good luck Z!

Ok, Carola wanted to try the chamber, she was a little bit worried due to previous experiences with her ears when flying. After just 2-3 min she had to stop, her ears were hurting badly, she yelled out to me. It was traumatic for her. The pressure was only 1.1, she said it started right away. She did all the things you're suppose to do with the jaw and swallowing etc.

Still, she wants to able to do it, but is of course worried. All I could come up with was to go really slow and stay there until it is comfortable, and work her way up.

Any suggestions?
In my first session i had no issues at all. I never suffered when flying or diving in the past. However second session was pretty painful during pressure increase. And none of the usual techniques worked. I decided to focus on breathing and the pain eventually lessened than stopped. FWIW

I suggest you to consider Zoy Tech chamber. It's cheaper, made of white material, so you can read inside without extra light source, and they can sell it with 10 lpm concentrator for around $500 extra. Their latest design has inflation time around 7 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom