Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

I just came home from my first chamber session It was a 1.3 bar one. At first my right ear started to hurt when the pressure raised but I told my ear to be calm, it would not do any harm. And it obeyed:-D!

After those 50 minutes I felt relatively normal but 15 minutes later my body ordered: Give me more of that, give me more!!!

And my diaphragm started to breath in an extreme way. I learned this kind of technique when I was attending a school for actors and you had to learn to keep your diaphragm expanded for a while so your breath would last longer and you were able to speak for a long time.
This was a very heavy experience because normally I do not this kind of breathing (besides EE).

It is still going on and it kind of gives me a confusion because I feel something is also changing in my brain and my consciousness.

I ordered 2 more sessions for this week and will try to arrange a 1.5 chamber next week. All in all I have to say this is quite a challenge! But of course a good one!

I don't know if I will be able to buy a chamber but will try to rent one for a month. This is something I can afford and I realize that it will take time to prepare myself for this kind of experience.
P.S. Now I feel tired and think I have to go to sleep!

This thread is most informative and disappointing at the same time. Due to living in the USA, I am only allowed a HBOT with 1.3 ATA (4 psi) operating pressure. One of the vids featured the portable hyperbaric chamber Vitaeris320®, 1.3 ATA, that can be purchased for around $22,000 - it can accommodate 2 people. I wonder how that price compares to the below that is 1.5 ATA - the minimum level proven to kill bacteria:

Our final choice for the hyperbaric chamber is this model Oxyrevo Apex32 - Oxyrevo Hyperbaric Chamber system with “all-in-one- machine”. The same model that LQB presented a few weeks ago in this post, Hyperbaric Chamber
hyperbaric-chamber-jpg.63734

I presume that this cannot be purchased for use in the USA thanks to FDA regulations. Are US forum members settling for 1.3 ATA chambers since that's all we're allowed to have? Any particular brand at a reasonable price?

This thread is most informative and disappointing at the same time. Due to living in the USA, I am only allowed a HBOT with 1.3 ATA (4 psi) operating pressure. One of the vids featured the portable hyperbaric chamber Vitaeris320®, 1.3 ATA, that can be purchased for around $22,000 - it can accommodate 2 people. I wonder how that price compares to the below that is 1.5 ATA - the minimum level proven to kill bacteria:

hyperbaric-chamber-jpg.63734

I presume that this cannot be purchased for use in the USA thanks to FDA regulations. Are US forum members settling for 1.3 ATA chambers since that's all we're allowed to have? Any particular brand at a reasonable price?
You know, all these chambers look very similar. I am pretty sure our Chinese friends could sell you a 1.3 ATA chamber that accidentally goes to 1.5.

I think you should see an osteopath because it can be that your body is unbalanced and one of your leg work harder than the other. The HBOT treated your muscle but the pain will certainly happen again if you run once more. Anyway I would try to find the root cause.

You were right Elipse and Laura as well but it was not a blood clot but more a energy clot.

I recently got my HBOT chamber and had five sessions this week. I've been suffering from chronic back pain for 20 years and I know that part of it is chronic inflammation. After 3 sessions there's been a noticeable decrease in part of the inflammation and increased mobility of the lower back. I was very surprised to experience such a fast effect. Obviously, the majority of the chronic pain remains but just feeling improvement is really up-lifting. Also, I feel that my skin is becoming more smooth and supple than it normally is. So I'm very optimistic.

Same here Thor that is why I was thinking that it was a nerve that was inflamed. My osteopath saw it right away and worked to realigns my spine, worked on nerve along it up to my neck and side way, hips, buttock were constriction was present. I should see her more often instead of waiting until pain appear. When she was finding those constricted nerve one after the others and I told her so, she told me jokingly that she has small magnet on her fingers tip. I told her about my HBOT therapy but from her reaction didn't seem to know to much about it but she told me that it certainly could have helped.

Before seeing her yesterday, I had a sauna and a HBOT session and was feeling really good but this morning I feel great. I when for a walk in the forest, climbed hill and no pain or any discomfort. She told me that I can star running again but go more progressively and to do interval (alternate between running and walking at the beginning) during training.

There is a sad story concerning her ( my osteopath), she was always promoting alternative health therapy, was again vaccine and seemed to follow a right path for well being etc. but when covid came she swallowed it all. Unfortunately, after her second shot she had a very bad side effect, she got myocarditis. It was strange for me and my wife who knew her for years when she accepted the narrative and choose to get the vax. We try to pass to her some info but she was just not receptive at all. Last spring when she got her diagnostic from her doctor, she was still clinging to the narrative, that it would have been worse if she had not taken the vax but yesterday I saw that the fog as lifted and she now realized that it was an error to take it and I felt regret in her voice.

HBOT seem to work on all aspect of the physical body and deeper than I thought and when the C's said that it help to protect us as well from attack it may improve more that just the physical. For me it look like it accelerated healing on my electrical body, others on the circular and cognitive (intellect) but it may as well improve communication between the etheric, spiritual as well. Maybe a question for the C's.

Same here Thor that is why I was thinking that it was a nerve that was inflamed. My osteopath saw it right away and worked to realigns my spine, worked on nerve along it up to my neck and side way, hips, buttock were constriction was present. I should see her more often instead of waiting until pain appear
Yeah, osteopathic treatments for all of us! This is the basis treatment for the body. Allow the energy to circulate well in the body. Ideally osteopathy and massages too. But for massages it's hard to find someone really qualified.

There is a sad story concerning her ( my osteopath), she was always promoting alternative health therapy, was again vaccine and seemed to follow a right path for well being etc. but when covid came she swallowed it all.
Same for my acupuncturist, I did not understood why he failed too. On previous fear mongering operations (H1N1) he was not afraid at all but this time he took the jab quite rapidly. It was different due to the pressure to continue operating legally, but he took it so quickly that I wonder if it was really the point. Since I can see he lost in part his strong energy. To be fair, he have the age of retirement but I witnessed a decline this last two years.

We bought our first HBOT with another couple of Forum members back in June. As we don't live so close to each other we decided that they would have it for the first 3 months. The other day we talked and they were so impressed with it, that we decided to buy another unit. Monday the 5th, I wrote to Macy-Pan to order one and 3 parcels arrived yesterday and the last one today. That was a very impressive logistical feat and we were perhaps lucky with being at the right time in their production cycle. Macy-Pan has a special on for the month of September so it was about 300 euros cheaper than the first one, including an extra discount due to being a return customer.

Looking forward to get it up and try it out. Space is the biggest problem, but I know we are not alone with that 'problem'.

Yesterday I attended a test session of HBO at our state clinic. I would like to share my impressions with you. Perhaps someone may be interested in this information.
In Minsk (Belarus) there are quite a lot of places (as it turns out!) where they do such therapy. The cost of the service for a session of just under $ 10 (for CIS citizens - the cost is higher by half - and is already about $ 24, for foreign citizens - $ 28 per session). But there are limitations. They are usually conducted in hospitals and under strict regulations with the participation of doctors. And this imposes restrictions both on the length of the session and on the number of sessions. Allowed to have 10 sessions in a row without problems (every day), but the duration will hardly reach 45-50 minutes at a pressure of 1.5 (I'll ask to increase at least to 1.7-2, but I'm not sure that I will be able to talk without additional recommendations of the doctor, which is unlikely to get due to the absence of serious illnesses in me). To extend at least an hour - you need to ask the nursing staff and in addition, the schedule does not always allow (the patient is allocated exactly 60 minutes, taking into account the preparation, changing, etc.).
gbo-1.jpg
gbo-3.jpg
Sessions are conducted in such chambers, as on the photo. It is required to undress completely, remove all jewelry, and use safe, clean hospital clothing. All this is done for the safety of the patient, as the session takes place in pure oxygen without masks and any minimal static electricity can lead to tragedy.
My trial session was easy enough, if the barochamber was pumped and the view of the ocean or the beach from above was painted on the windows-illuminators the procedure would have been like a flight to rest :thup: . It felt a little bit stuffy in the ears during the "takeoff" and "landing" .
I will try to go through the authorized 10 sessions and then persuade the doctors to continue the therapy.

As far as I can see, the non-rebreather masks deliver 60%-80% oxygen concentration af flow rates of 10-15 L/min. Now, I only got a 5 L/min oxygen concentrator, so even with the non-rebreather mask, I guess I'd only get about 30% oxygen. That's a bit of a bummer. I'd love to hear other people's understanding on this.

If my understanding is correct, it seems like a somewhat of a wasted opportunity to have a HBOT system that gives you increased oxygen concentration in the blood plasma due to increased pressure but not nearly as high as it could have been. If doubling the oxygen flow from 5 to 10 L/min means that I also get double the oxygen concentration being delivered to the cells in the body, I might consider buying a new oxygen concentrator. As I understand it, one of the main benefits of HBOT is that it's the extra oxygen reaching the cells that promotes healing.

As far as I can see, the non-rebreather masks deliver 60%-80% oxygen concentration af flow rates of 10-15 L/min. Now, I only got a 5 L/min oxygen concentrator, so even with the non-rebreather mask, I guess I'd only get about 30% oxygen. That's a bit of a bummer. I'd love to hear other people's understanding on this.

If my understanding is correct, it seems like a somewhat of a wasted opportunity to have a HBOT system that gives you increased oxygen concentration in the blood plasma due to increased pressure but not nearly as high as it could have been. If doubling the oxygen flow from 5 to 10 L/min means that I also get double the oxygen concentration being delivered to the cells in the body, I might consider buying a new oxygen concentrator. As I understand it, one of the main benefits of HBOT is that it's the extra oxygen reaching the cells that promotes healing.
According to this website, you get 40%-60% oxygen with flow rates of 5-10 L/min and up to 90% af flow rates greater than 10 L/min. I'm assuming that that would be around 15 L/min. The non-rebreather mask should also support that flow rate.

For comparison, the simple cannulas (two small tubes going into the nostrils) deliver an oxygen concentration based on the formula 20 + 4 x flow rate. I guess the 20% is the background oxygen percentage and for a 5L oxygen concentrator you'd get 40%. I just checked with Zoy-Tech and they say that the oxygen concentration inside the chamber is around 23%, so you'd actually be getting 43% with the cannula compared to 40% with the non-rebreather mask at 5 L/min. The downside to the cannula is that the high concentration oxygen dries out the mucous membranes more so than the non-rebreather mask.

It's possible to get a 15 L/min oxygen concentrator from Zoy-Tech. I wish I'd know this when I ordered my system. As I've already purchased a system with Zoy-Tech, they're offering a discount. But I still need to have it sent from China.

The positive side to this is that I and other people on the Forum have experienced benefits at only 40% oxygen concentration (5 L/min flow) . Imagine how much better it can be at 90% concentration :-).

Today I had my 2nd 1.3 chamber-session. It was different from the first one in that way:
My ear did not revolt. I did some yawning simulations during the uprising of the pressure and after that my body thought this yawning to be a good idea to get more oxygen. (About 10 times I had to yawn I think).
Afterwards I felt quite normal but after some hours I got tired - same as last time.
Also remarkable: I don't want to hear any music neither watch a video.
On Friday I have another 1.3 session and I ordered one 1.5 for next week and the week after next week. Unfortunately I will have to stop for a while - due tu money reasons.
But I still have on my agenda to rent this 1.5 chamber when I get a little money in october or november.

Today I did my 68th session. All those sessions were at 1.5 ATA for one hour. Mostly 5 times a week, sometime 4 times a week and once 3 times a week.

I always did the sessions in the morning. I was often napping or dozing during the sessions.

At first, I would be very tired after the session and, would take a nap after. Sometimes it lasted up to 5 hours, sometimes only 15 minutes.
I would be less sleepy afterward but still a bit tired exept, often in the evening where I had lot of energy. That lead to irregular sleeping hours.

At some point, maybe arround the 35th session, I was still tired after the session but most of the time I would lie down and not being able to sleep. Sometimes I would be able to take a nap later, not often.

At some point I was able to sleep again after the session, most of the time.

Until on month ago I was still able to use my e-bike regularly. Then I stop that completely as it seems to much for my state.

Did try to do an ACG session 3 weeks ago. Did only half the exercises because it was very difficult.

My energy level is much better since a few days. I did use my e-bike again for a short distance and it was fine.

Did an ACG session yesterday, Had to skip a few exercises after the push-ups because it gave me an headache. Other than that the exercises were easy to perform.

So, last month as been tough. Now it is much better.

According to this website, you get 40%-60% oxygen with flow rates of 5-10 L/min and up to 90% af flow rates greater than 10 L/min. I'm assuming that that would be around 15 L/min. The non-rebreather mask should also support that flow rate.

For comparison, the simple cannulas (two small tubes going into the nostrils) deliver an oxygen concentration based on the formula 20 + 4 x flow rate. I guess the 20% is the background oxygen percentage and for a 5L oxygen concentrator you'd get 40%. I just checked with Zoy-Tech and they say that the oxygen concentration inside the chamber is around 23%, so you'd actually be getting 43% with the cannula compared to 40% with the non-rebreather mask at 5 L/min. The downside to the cannula is that the high concentration oxygen dries out the mucous membranes more so than the non-rebreather mask.

It's possible to get a 15 L/min oxygen concentrator from Zoy-Tech. I wish I'd know this when I ordered my system. As I've already purchased a system with Zoy-Tech, they're offering a discount. But I still need to have it sent from China.

The positive side to this is that I and other people on the Forum have experienced benefits at only 40% oxygen concentration (5 L/min flow) . Imagine how much better it can be at 90% concentration :-).
I did some more research into the different mask types. The closed non-rebreather type where both the valves are closed by flaps, that allow you to exhale air but not to inhale air from the outside, require a oxygen flow of 10+ liters/minute.

I currently have a non-rebreather mask that is half-closed where one of the valves is closed by a flapper and the other one is not closed. When I use it nothing much happens with the reservoir bag. This means that I'm not inspiring any of the oxygen from the reservoir and most of the air I'm breathing in comes through the open valve in the mask mixed in with some amount of high-oxygen air that's entering the mask from the tube. The oxygen concentration in the chamber is around 23% so it's a little higher than the 21% of normal air but not much.

I tried covering both holes on the mask with my fingers and then the reservoir bag get completely emptied during the inspiration of each breath and by the time I'm ready to draw the next breath it's not completely full. So with the non-rebreather masks, if you have a 5 liter/min oxygen flow, you should use the half-open mask. It will be some improvement over the cannula type but not that much. If you have a 10 liter/min oxygen flow you can go for the closed mask design.

For both the half-closed and closed non-rebreather masks you need to see whether oxygen from the reservoir bag is actually being emptied into your inspiration on each breath and filling up before you take the next breath. If not, it's just lying there not doing you very much good.

An old friend of mine is an anaesthesiologist and I'm meeting with him next week. I want to ask him some questions on mask types and flow rates as he may have some more real-life perspectives than my googling around.

I currently have a non-rebreather mask that is half-closed where one of the valves is closed by a flapper and the other one is not closed. When I use it nothing much happens with the reservoir bag. This means that I'm not inspiring any of the oxygen from the reservoir and most of the air I'm breathing in comes through the open valve in the mask mixed in with some amount of high-oxygen air that's entering the mask from the tube. The oxygen concentration in the chamber is around 23% so it's a little higher than the 21% of normal air but not much.
I too have non-breather mask like this and it has two flaps.
non_rebreather_mask.jpg
Yesterday I found one flap missing and fell some where. It is hard to find it, as it is small transparent plastic circle piece.

Probably you lost the flap some where. It didn't prevent oxygen bag ( attached to mask) from inflating though. I will take flap from another mask and put it to this mask.

As of now, I am cleaning with Isopropyl alcohol every two days and reusing the mask.
For both the half-closed and closed non-rebreather masks you need to see whether oxygen from the reservoir bag is actually being emptied into your inspiration on each breath and filling up before you take the next breath. If not, it's just lying there not doing you very much good.
With my mask, i have to breathe hard for the bag to empty. As per my fire fighter friend, even the oxygen bag is not emptied, it is still releasing oxygen to the nose, though we can't see these flaps moving. some times I press the oxygen bag to empty it to nose.

Back
Top Bottom