19 Year Cycle Lunar Standstill Upcoming

Tina said:
You can spin as slowly as you need to. Speed is not what's important. Look at your left hand if spinning left to 'spot' or find focal points as you are turning like a tree, then as you spin look at the next tree or bush. In other words, find something to focus on and look at it as long as possible then find another object to 'spot'. This should keep you from getting dizzy.
Thank for the advice, Tina. I'll wait and see which one feels right at the time, the slow spin, which would probably be best, or the labrinth ala rrraven.

I just chanced upon this an hour or so ago, and it made me think, since I do not have to work or rehearse this weekend, why not take a day for Work?

I figure I'll celebrate symbolically (inspired by hkoeli):

1) Lance: Seeing the truth; piercing the veil. I will reread pertinent sections of SHOTW and hopefully gain more insight.
2) Chalice: I will not put any crap into my physical body.
3) Lyre: I will spend the day practicing music for an upcoming recital (music inspired by religious ideas but not appropriate for use during the service). The proceeds of this I'm hoping to use to help somehow (aid for Palestine/Lebanon/etc? donate to alternative news services?). Maybe listen to or play appropriate music (sufi or sufi-inspired? gurdjieff?)
4) Dancing Shoes: Spin!
5) Portable Stonehenge: For some reason this made me think of the library. I guess it's a way to extract information contained within stones (the building). I will go and continue to read Where Troy Once Stood which is in reference.
6) Magnetic Center: I will make an extra effort to self-observe. I will try not to expect anything. I will read pieces on what's going on in the world (preferably with gruesome pictures) to give myself shocks.

Should be fun! I'm starting now!

beau said:
Amelopsis said:
I'm curious as to the significance of wearing silk. Could you explain please?
It's a bit like wearing a tinfoil hat, if you know what I mean :)
(and no doubt much more comfortable too!) ;)

Thanks beau, I didn't know this. Now I can look into the 'why' and 'how' of it.

Tina said:
Hi Lynne,

You can spin as slowly as you need to. Speed is not what's important. Look at your left hand if spinning left to 'spot' or find focal points as you are turning like a tree, then as you spin look at the next tree or bush. In other words, find something to focus on and look at it as long as possible then find another object to 'spot'. This should keep you from getting dizzy.

Another method would be to put one hand in front of you with your thumb up and look at your thumb while spinning.

Go slow and enjoy yourself.
I agree.

Spinning is difficult for me and I can only do it very slowly. I use the "Marut Dancing Girls with Spears" method: arms out to the sides, left palm up and right palm down....because it keeps me balanced. I can do, at the most, 11 spins at a time very slowly, using a floor lamp as my anchor point. When I get dizzy or my balance gets too bad I stop and bring my palms together at chest level as if praying, waiting for the dizzyness to stop...and it does...I do this as often as I need to. Then I try a little more. Usually I can only do about 2 spins at first, then the "praying hands," then a few more, then the "praying hands" again... with the goal in mind of working up to 3 sets of 11, which makes 33 althogether. My sister spins by looking at her thumb held out in front of her and can spin much faster than me. However, she's found if she slows down she can make it all the way to 33 in one session. If she doesn't look at her thumb she gets too dizzy for more than a few spins. She also finds the "praying hands" thing stops the dizziness.

I'm thinking that just as with dancing, everyone quite naturally will have personal variations of 'style' to spinning.

Hope this helps.

Lucy said:
I agree.

Spinning is difficult for me and I can only do it very slowly. I use the "Marut Dancing Girls with Spears" method: arms out to the sides, left palm up and right palm down....because it keeps me balanced. I can do, at the most, 11 spins at a time very slowly, using a floor lamp as my anchor point. When I get dizzy or my balance gets too bad I stop and bring my palms together at chest level as if praying, waiting for the dizzyness to stop...and it does...I do this as often as I need to. Then I try a little more. Usually I can only do about 2 spins at first, then the "praying hands," then a few more, then the "praying hands" again... with the goal in mind of working up to 3 sets of 11, which makes 33 althogether. My sister spins by looking at her thumb held out in front of her and can spin much faster than me. However, she's found if she slows down she can make it all the way to 33 in one session. If she doesn't look at her thumb she gets too dizzy for more than a few spins. She also finds the "praying hands" thing stops the dizziness.

I'm thinking that just as with dancing, everyone quite naturally will have personal variations of 'style' to spinning.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for bringing up the praying hands method, it works very well. I've just burned a few songs and have my 'spot' ready!

I can spin fairly easily, but today I'm not sure if I will spin well at all. My horse threw me this morning, he has never done that before. I had the wind knocked out of me--pretty painful being on the ground and gasping for breath with a burning ribcage. I'm wondering if this has any meaning besides "pay attention"

Tina

Tina said:
My horse threw me this morning, he has never done that before. I had the wind knocked out of me--pretty painful being on the ground and gasping for breath with a burning ribcage. I'm wondering if this has any meaning besides "pay attention"
Ouch, I'm sorry, Tina - I live with a lot of animals, and they have been very worked up today, as if something is wrong - very jumpy and grumpy even - no idea if it is related, but it is enough out of character for them all for me to notice, and it's not just one or two of them, they all seem to be affected.

anart said:
Tina said:
My horse threw me this morning, he has never done that before. I had the wind knocked out of me--pretty painful being on the ground and gasping for breath with a burning ribcage. I'm wondering if this has any meaning besides "pay attention"
Ouch, I'm sorry, Tina - I live with a lot of animals, and they have been very worked up today, as if something is wrong - very jumpy and grumpy even - no idea if it is related, but it is enough out of character for them all for me to notice, and it's not just one or two of them, they all seem to be affected.
Hi Anart,

That's interesting. I have four rescue dogs. Two of them have been gone ALL day, and that's not normal. The other two have physical problems. One is 15 and the other has hip problems. Hmmm.

Found this report at the BBC about a lunar satellite probe crashing on the lunar surface just about 7 hours of lunar standstill. Is this just coincidence or is the PTB trying to do something?

Anyway off to the beach and will report back later if anything.

I was casually browsing www.imdb.com looking for nothing in particular, and I ran across this movie:
"Live Free or Die Hard"
imdb.com said:
Plot Outline: John McClane (Willis) takes on an Internet-based terrorist organization who is systematically shutting down the United States.
I know that the internet has been to some degree attacked already, and it is obvious why - it is the only source left for people who seek the truth to communicate and network freely. So why hasn't the internet been attacked harder? Well that movie just strikes me of just such an attempt, and it is slated to be released next year. However, here's a curious tidbit: Production begins in September 2006.

Don't know if it is related to this topic or not, but still interesting that this month they start production on a movie that seems to exist for the sole purpose of shutting down the internet once and for all. I wonder if the plan is to shut it down before any comets hit? If so, it seems that 2007 would probably be the time to do that then.

Lucy,

Your technique that you described is just what I needed. I think I can do it. Thanks.

Tina, looks like the 4D STS took advantage of your ride this morning. It is such a blatant action that I can't think of anything else it could be. Watch yourself.

Out I go to spin.......

Lynne said:
Tina, looks like the 4D STS took advantage of your ride this morning. It is such a blatant action that I can't think of anything else it could be. Watch yourself.
Or your horse was "picking up something" from you...and Anne's animals were/are picking up something from her?

Don't know if this means anything, but I'll share it anyway.

My sister and I celebrated together. We both wrote prayers to the cosmos and folded them into 'sticks'. We lit them from a candle and set them in an ashtray. Mine didn't start really burning well until I adjusted it to set it across my sister's, then they both took off, flaring up. The 'strange' thing is that even after there was nothing left but ashes they were still burning and the flames were getting higher, not lower. We finally had to blow them out because the smoke alarm went off.

Vulcan59 said:
Found this report at the BBC about a lunar satellite probe crashing on the lunar surface just about 7 hours of lunar standstill. Is this just coincidence or is the PTB trying to do something?
I read the article and thought it included some interesting phrasing:

Europe's lunar satellite said:
"Smart 1 will die, for sure, and as its 'father' I must confess to feeling a little sad," said Professor Bernard Foing, the mission's project scientist from the European Space Agency (Esa).

"Smart 1 will now rest in peace on the Moon," said Professor Foing.

Lucy said, "Don't know if this means anything, but I'll share it anyway."
Thank you Lucy--Ditto.
Spent most of the day meditating, breathing, spinning, and just being, to the best of my ability, in the beautiful isolated country setting in which I am so fortunate and grateful to live. Perfect weather--tropical depression Ernesto having just past--the evening air and light shimmering. I burned some words-symbols of what I needed to let go in the fire, announced my intentions to the universe to follow the STO path, asked for guidance, and made my prayers for compassion, peace and healing in this world . . . felt at peace and comforted to think of other forum members experiencing the same moment in their own ways of awareness . . . until my oh so predator mind began bugging me . . . "there is nothing special about all this" . . . "you're stuck in this reality forever--quit fooling your self . . . ''

Please, I asked-- some sign that this moment is special. At that moment, I looked up at the pasture across from my yard as three young deer, this years early babies, grown beyond spots, emerged and began to play tag, frolicking, chasing each other in the twilight, so joyful. The smallest one took off alone and made a huge, near perfect circle around the field, bounding and leaping the whole way then came back to the others. It was so clearly intentional play, so joyful and humbling and enough to quiet the saboteur for the rest of the evening.
shellycheval

anart said:
I live with a lot of animals, and they have been very worked up today, as if something is wrong - very jumpy and grumpy even - no idea if it is related, but it is enough out of character for them all for me to notice, and it's not just one or two of them, they all seem to be affected.
I've noticed that I've been feeling a lot grumpier lately! As well as having all this energy to expend.

Sometimes I wish I could be like one of my cats in dealing with the sleeping public. There's nothing like a set of five sharp ones applied to the thigh to 'wake' a person up.

Back
Top Bottom