2024 US election: A Kennedy presidency? Trump again? Will it be rigged?

I'll go ahead and share this here. Maybe it'll make a difference and spark some meaningful conversations.

I have/had a friend here, a very conservative woman in her early 70's that was once a journalist for a major news outlet who built her own cabin(s) a couple hours away from me who now raises her own chickens. We are/were just friends, and we met on the ZeroHedge forums some time back. We have met in the physical for breakfasts where I live a few times recently. She's quite a good person.

After the Trump assassination attempt (of which I let her know about in real time), we had a few e-mail shares concerning our feelings about Mr. Trump. I basically told her what I've shared on this very thread, that I currently would vote for him because he's the best of the dog's breakfast given us at the moment; but: we'd be much better off getting to know all those who follow Trump, and learn to be our own best friends given what may happen soon.

Since then I've not heard from her at all. And it's been almost a month now.

I'm taken aback. I definitively stated to her that I would vote for Trump and will stand behind those who stand for him, as most of them from what I have seen have similar conservative values which also mirror most of what those on this forum also stand for (from what I've read). Yet because I said I did not specifically endorse Trump completely, which I stated to her right after the assassination attempt, I'm now hot garbage to be avoided.

I guess I will never understand why anyone would ever so totally endorse any one single person to such an extent that they'd completely cut off others who don't totally endorse their own "favored" politician, even when we've actually MET IN PERSON and have shared with each other that we absolutely agree upon at least 90% of the things that actually matter in life.

Looking at the past couple thousand years of history, has ANYONE since Caesar been so worthy of such total respect and adulation? My own feelings on Trump are naked on this thread. But I've bitten the bullet and said I will vote for him, since his followers value most of what I do - yet that's not enough to maintain friendships apparently.

/end rant.

Thanks for reading. And, Trump followers here please know that I DO mostly agree with you and stand behind most of your values. I just don't know if the man himself will be the one who gets us where we need to be, and that's all I'm saying. And to completely cut off anyone for not standing up for one's "God" instead of their own values seems to not be a good thing to me. God bless us all.

(Edit: changed "beliefs" to "values".)

Last edited:
I'll go ahead and share this here. Maybe it'll make a difference and spark some meaningful conversations.

I have/had a friend here, a very conservative woman in her early 70's that was once a journalist for a major news outlet who built her own cabin(s) a couple hours away from me who now raises her own chickens. We are/were just friends, and we met on the ZeroHedge forums some time back. We have met in the physical for breakfasts where I live a few times recently. She's quite a good person.

After the Trump assassination attempt (of which I let her know about in real time), we had a few e-mail shares concerning our feelings about Mr. Trump. I basically told her what I've shared on this very thread, that I currently would vote for him because he's the best of the dog's breakfast given us at the moment; but: we'd be much better off getting to know all those who follow Trump, and learn to be our own best friends given what may happen soon.

Since then I've not heard from her at all. And it's been almost a month now.

I'm taken aback. I definitively stated to her that I would vote for Trump and will stand behind those who stand for him, as most of them from what I have seen have similar conservative values which also mirror most of what those on this forum also stand for (from what I've read). Yet because I said I did not specifically endorse Trump completely, which I stated to her right after the assassination attempt, I'm now hot garbage to be avoided.

I guess I will never understand why anyone would ever so totally endorse any one single person to such an extent that they'd completely cut off others who don't totally endorse their own "favored" politician, even when we've actually MET IN PERSON and have shared with each other that we absolutely agree upon at least 90% of the things that actually matter in life.

Looking at the past couple thousand years of history, has ANYONE since Caesar been so worthy of such total respect and adulation? My own feelings on Trump are naked on this thread. But I've bitten the bullet and said I will vote for him, since his followers value most of what I do - yet that's not enough to maintain friendships apparently.

/end rant.

Thanks for reading. And, Trump followers here please know that I DO mostly agree with you and stand behind most of your values. I just don't know if the man himself will be the one who gets us where we need to be, and that's all I'm saying. And to completely cut off anyone for not standing up for one's "God" instead of their own values seems to not be a good thing to me. God bless us all.

(Edit: changed "beliefs" to "values".)

I've had cases where I don't hear from someone, then turn it into a huge narrative in my head. Turns out the person was just busy, or in general is a bad communicator, or has some major subtle mental health issues, and I'm caught in a narcissistic abandonment thought-loop. FWIW.

The above description Keytone Cop gives us very little to go on. You mention you have not heard from her for a month. Does she live alone.? Have you tried to make contact since.? Is she ill or in hospital maybe? Is she simply busy? So many questions

Given the above how do you make this assumption regarding this lady.? Sorry for all the questions but I cannot match the 1st half of your post to the 2nd half, if you get what I mean.

Really glad Elon basically immediately brings up how the kid must have had help. Trump is being pretty magnanimous towards the SS.

Magnanimous or Pragmatic?

I've noticed that too in various snippets I saw of Trump after the assassination attempt. It seems like he is glad and thankful to specific SS people that were around him when the shots rang out, because, as he rightly says IMO, they have put their own lives on the line by covering his body and possibly catching the bullets with their bodies that were still flying all around them at that moment. I can understand why he feels that way. On the other hand, that is their job. He also seems glad that they took out Crooks. I also think that Trump might be on a more strategic line of answering in such occasions because he doesn't want to alienate the SS or FBI, first, because there are surely many good and brave people in there (that he could have as allies), and secondly, it isn't the best idea to declare both organizations as the enemy if he wants to become president and accomplish something when he is president. I wouldn't be surprised if he privately thinks quite differently about corruption in the SS and FBI and their roles in what happened than what he says publically. What his son said after it happened also points in that direction to me.

Sometimes it is really hard to tell with Trump how much of what he says in public is really naiveté or a naive Teflon personality he uses as a shield. Maybe it is a combination of both? But I would say there is a fair chance that Trump is far less naive in private than we would think. I think Trump might try to use a somewhat similar strategy like Putin used before and when he got into power: Work with the system as best as you can instead of declaring full on war on it. Give them some chances to get better instead of coming in like a bulldozer. That seems like the type of strategy that can work in our day and age, much more effectively than "going all in". It also creates fewer risks of getting assassinated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom