6 Part Podcast Series with Laura Interviewed by Jay Campbell & Hunter Williams

Hi,

Here finally comes the final French subtitle.
Thanks @EricLux for the original translation, it's a huge work. Don't hesitate to ask for any explanation if anything looks weird to you or for anything else.

To be as clear as possible for @Luis Miguel , I hided the original translation and PR, leaving only the final subtitle (column named "FINAL") which is a merge of the original translation, sometimes directly updated (typo, signs), and the PR.
Since I have already started to work on the part 2 PR, please, tell me if there is anything to change in this method.

I thank Jay and Hunter very much for the quality of these interviews, it's a pleasure to watch it and work on it.
Thanks @Elohir for the PR. I gonna read your work and use it as inspiration for the translation of the other parts to come, and I'll be waiting for @Luis Miguel to know if this presentation fits him. A real teamwork :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting when you talk about people not being able to see the extraordinary in this world, the amazing, the strange, they are not curious, that's for sure. Just after listening to this part of the interview, it occurred to me that I was talking to a great friend. Every Sunday for the last 30 years we've spoken by phone and now by Skype. I asked him if he believed in the soul, he said no. He believes in evolution, and he also believes in official science. (He's been vaccinated for Covid I don't know how many times and I'd rather not know). So I finally asked him if he was soulless. He said yes. So, I said, you're a soulless person. He totally agreed.

How strange, but as Laura says, they're not capable of seeing, perceiving or feeling anything other than what they can see and touch. It's this same friend who gets hysterical when I talk about Homeopathy. So my conversations with him mustn't touch on anything that science refuses to recognise. I have to say that he's a good guy, even if he doesn't see the beautiful soul inside him. ;-)

So I finally asked him if he was soulless. He said yes. So, I said, you're a soulless person. He totally agreed.

How strange, but as Laura says, they're not capable of seeing, perceiving or feeling anything other than what they can see and touch. It's this same friend who gets hysterical when I talk about Homeopathy. So my conversations with him mustn't touch on anything that science refuses to recognise. I have to say that he's a good guy, even if he doesn't see the beautiful soul inside him.
He might actually not have an individuated soul.

It's interesting when you talk about people not being able to see the extraordinary in this world, the amazing, the strange, they are not curious, that's for sure. Just after listening to this part of the interview, it occurred to me that I was talking to a great friend. Every Sunday for the last 30 years we've spoken by phone and now by Skype. I asked him if he believed in the soul, he said no. He believes in evolution, and he also believes in official science. (He's been vaccinated for Covid I don't know how many times and I'd rather not know). So I finally asked him if he was soulless. He said yes. So, I said, you're a soulless person. He totally agreed.

How strange, but as Laura says, they're not capable of seeing, perceiving or feeling anything other than what they can see and touch. It's this same friend who gets hysterical when I talk about Homeopathy. So my conversations with him mustn't touch on anything that science refuses to recognise. I have to say that he's a good guy, even if he doesn't see the beautiful soul inside him. ;-)

If he says he soulless, maybe you should believe him? Bizarre that he says that, gives evidence of it, and you then ascribe a "beautiful soul" to him.

If he says he soulless, maybe you should believe him? Bizarre that he says that, gives evidence of it, and you then ascribe a "beautiful soul" to him.
He is a good person and a good friend. He believes that after death there is nothing. So even if he doesn't believe in the soul, this does not mean that he is a bad person, for me anyway. I accept people as they are, specially if they are friends. He is not a psychopath, he is not a mean person, he is honest. I see what is good and beautiful in him, even if he says to me he does not have a soul or not believe in it. Now, to live with a man like him or have an intimate relation, no way.

The Cs say it’s an adventure and that learning is fun. Could it be that there IS no “point”, and trying to give it a “point” is just our limited thinking? Is it possible that the “point” is simply, the adventure? The fun in learning? The joy of creation?
I like the Alan Watts' take on it

He is a good person and a good friend. He believes that after death there is nothing. So even if he doesn't believe in the soul, this does not mean that he is a bad person, for me anyway. I accept people as they are, specially if they are friends. He is not a psychopath, he is not a mean person, he is honest. I see what is good and beautiful in him, even if he says to me he does not have a soul or not believe in it. Now, to live with a man like him or have an intimate relation, no way.
I know people who openly admit they don't have souls as they don't believe such things exist plus they also don't believe in life after death. There's nothing necessarily wrong with these people from a moral and ethical perspective in terms of how they live their lives. They just don't believe in anything beyond this life. 🤷

I think for some it may because atheism / materialism is the dominant religion and their focus is simply on the day to day and maximising what they want to get out of this life. I've observed some quite closely and I'm telling you, I wouldn't be surprised if some have a soul as the decisions they make are ones of someone possessing a soul. But it could also be they don't have a soul.

I think in the main it's more about how people act rather than what they say.

So maybe not everyone who says they have a soul actually has a soul and vice versa. There could be people simply lying to themselves and also people deeply believing in atheism for whatever reason.

He is a good person and a good friend. He believes that after death there is nothing. So even if he doesn't believe in the soul, this does not mean that he is a bad person, for me anyway.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think the implication of him potentially not having a soul is saying that he's a bad person.

As the C's said here:

Session 09 June 2009 said:
A: [...] Most OPs are very good "citizens."

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think the implication of him potentially not having a soul is saying that he's a bad person.

As the C's said here:
@loreta I didn't read Laura's reply as suggesting he's a bad person, only that you should maybe believe him. I think you jumped to justify your friendship and why he's not bad or a psychopath, but I don't think either was implied, only that maybe he is what he claims (no more, no less)? It kinda sounds like you might be ascribing your own soul qualities to him. I think when it comes to naive and authoritarian people who lack the ability to think for themselves or question what they're told, it's often the nature of the authority that dictates how "nice" they will be. The same amount of evidence (or lack thereof) it took for him to take and promote the vaccine without any concern for the harm it might do to billions of people might be the amount of evidence he'd need to rally for war or distance himself from whomever his government or "science" labels as undesirable. So if talking about movies and the weather it's all fine, but when there are lines drawn in the sand in the near future because of reality mismatch, just be careful.

Back
Top Bottom