Alton Towers, Sir Francis Bacon and the Rosicrucians

The six princesses were, in descending order of age: Meritaten, Meketaten, Ankhesenpaaten, Neferneferuaten-ta-sherit, Neferneferure and Sotepenre
I have not yet read all the material to the end, but don’t you think, MJF, that the name of the daughter of Akhenaten and Nefertiti “Sotepenre” is similar to “Scotta”? Perhaps we have TWO different stories (occurring in parallel) - the story of Meritaten (the desert, Moses and Nefertiti) and the story of Sotepenre (who became Scotta and migrated to Ireland/Scotland).
I like your theory about Meritaton, but it could not have been in such widely separated regions of the world at the same time and left such a bright mark on itself in the history of different nations. Too many events for ONE person.
Moreover, Sotepenre was the youngest daughter of the pharaoh (the last of the Perseid family?) Her body, it seems, was never found in Egypt - all we have is SPECULATION by modern historians that Sotepenre died in childhood.

I have not yet read all the material to the end, but don’t you think, MJF, that the name of the daughter of Akhenaten and Nefertiti “Sotepenre” is similar to “Scotta”? Perhaps we have TWO different stories (occurring in parallel) - the story of Meritaten (the desert, Moses and Nefertiti) and the story of Sotepenre (who became Scotta and migrated to Ireland/Scotland).
I like your theory about Meritaton, but it could not have been in such widely separated regions of the world at the same time and left such a bright mark on itself in the history of different nations. Too many events for ONE person.
Moreover, Sotepenre was the youngest daughter of the pharaoh (the last of the Perseid family?) Her body, it seems, was never found in Egypt - all we have is SPECULATION by modern historians that Sotepenre died in childhood.
Well that is an interesting conjecture on your part but, personally, I am not convinced by the etymological link between Scotta (derived from the Roman "Scotti" or "raider", the name the Romans gave to the Irish or Gaelic pirates who attacked Roman Britain, a name they never used themselves) and Sotepenre or Setepenre. You say that all we have is speculation by modern historians that Sotepenre died in childhood. However, the Egyptologist Lorraine Evans makes the point that by the 15th year of Akhenaten's reign, Neferneferuaten-ta-sherit and Sotepenre are amongst those who are absent from all royal scenes after this time, it seems that they too died in this epidemic. This is a significant point since Akhenaten was keen to display his family throughout the Amarna period. He still had two more years to reign and we know from the C's that his wife Nefertiti was locked up at this point, so the flight into the desert with Abraham/Moses had not yet occurred. Are you suggesting that Sotepenre, who was very young (either 4 or 6) at the time, had already disappeared off as Princess cota by this stage? As Wikipedia states:

On Wall C in Room 𝛼
{\displaystyle \alpha }
of the Royal Tomb of Akhenaten the names of five princesses are listed, that of Neferneferure is plastered over and only four of the princesses are depicted. This probably means that Setepenre predeceased Neferneferure, and it is likely that Setepenre died around Year 13 or 14, before she reached her sixth birthday. Since she is not shown on Wall B in Room 𝛾
{\displaystyle \gamma }
, where the royal family mourns the death of the second princess Meketaten, it is likely that she predeceased Meketaten as well, perhaps before the construction of the royal tomb was advanced enough to allow burial. She was possibly the first of the princesses to die. It is possible that her body was later moved to Room 𝛼
{\displaystyle \alpha }
of the Royal Tomb.

We know, however, that Meritaten was still very much alive at this point and was already married. Indeed, she was probably running the kingdom with Smenkhare on behalf of her father who had had a nervous breakdown. When Scota fled from Egypt, Abbot Walter Bower's account tells us that she was married to Prince Gaythelos. If Sotepenre was still alive at this time, she would only have been eight or nine at this time, too young to have been married. If Meritaten is Hagar the Egyptian in the Bible, she was evidently old enough to have been Abraham's concubine and to have borne him a son Ishmael.

You mention that Sotepenre's body has not been found but then that is also true of Meritaten. You also mention that Meritaten/Scota left such a bright mark on itself in the history of different nations. In your view, this was too many events for one person. However, Scota is not strictly speaking an historic character appearing by that name in any nation's recorded history. It almost certainly was not her real name. But Meritaten was a true historic character and there are records for her. Bower's account states that Scota was the daughter of a an Egyptian Pharaoh whose Greek name was Achencres, the Greek form of Akhenaten according to the Egyptian historian Manetho. In the parallel tale of Tea Tephi, her pharaoh father is specifically named as the Pharaoh Chencres, a Pharaoh who was supposed to have drowned in the Nile, which the C's have confirmed happened to Akhenaten. What are the chances of these two different tales stating the same details unless they were both drawn from a much older source? As Lorraine Evans shows by a process of elimination, the only daughter of Akhenaten that fits both the character of Scota is Meritaten. Meritaten was no ordinary figure either. She was briefly Queen of Egypt in her own right and, as a person of the highest royal standing, she would have left her mark wherever she went. I suspect with her elongated head and therefore greater brain capacity, she was also highly intellectual too - a facet associated with the Celtic goddess Brigid.

It is my conjecture that she may have also been the Irish goddess figure Brigid or Bride of the Tuatha de Danaan, which might be why Bower names the settlement where Scota's party built a motilla or tower as Brigantia, another name for Brigid, the high or exalted one.

Similarly, the C's have hinted that Hagar/Kore may also be the Greek mythological character of Helle, who escaped on the Golden Ram. However, it is I who has suggested she might also be the Nordic goddess Hel. Snorri Sturluson, the Icelandic historian, poet, and politician speculated that Odin and his peers were originally refugees from Troy as the Greeks, Romans, Goths, British and others also claimed. In other words, the stories of the Norse gods were basically just the Nordic version of the Odyssey. Is it far fetched, therefore, to suggest that the Greek Helle may have been incorporated into the Eddas as the Norse Hel, goddess of the dead, ruler of the Land of Mist, Niflheim or Niflhel, which sound suspiciously like Nephilim, bearing in mind what the C's said about Meritaten's mother Nefertiti: A: One sound like nephilim, or your "Nefilim".

I readily admit that I might be stretching things a bit far where Brigid and Hel are concerned but then I follow the clues where they lead me. Perhaps someone can pose the question to the C's in order to settle the matter. Be my guest. :-)

Back
Top Bottom