ARE YOU FREE ?

I think that we ought to be more practical that sending IAGTNC off to read all of that. Yes, he certainly needs to read Ponerology, because that is directly related. Even more, the book as soon as we get it up on the store (within days now) because it says so much more than the article.

But more than that, I think that a very good exercise would be to take case histories and uncover the facts and then sift through them and see if we can draw some reasonable conclusions.

As always, good science consists in retrieving facts, then examining them, and then understanding them. Only then, can a really good choice of action be formulated.

So, we can start by listing other situations similar to the present and getting a good historical picture of who did what and what the result was. Maybe, in the process, we'll find some things that we didn't think about before.

So, who wants to start with a case and send everyone out to dig up some data, bring it back here, and start laying it out for analysis?

How about the Branch Davidians?

And remember, we need data, not propaganda.

Iain'tgoin'tonocamp! said:
My title is simply an expression of my not wanting to be enslaved, I am trying my best to learn what needs to be learned so that I will not be enslaved, instead of patting yourself on the back with your assumptions and psychoanalysis, why not offer up some suggestions as to how and where I can acquire the knowledge needed to reach a level of understanding as high as yours. Thanks.
This whole nation was built on blood. In fact, this nation now feeds on it and thrives on it. Try to learn the whole picture and realize that your thoughts are "things." Watch you thoughts. If you think in terms of guns then you are thinking in blood terms and you are just perpetuating what has been going on for millennia. Nothing will change. Give Spirit a chance. Study Laura's website. See as deep as you can and learn the causes of things. "A Man Of Knowledge" as Don Juan says "cannot in any way act towards his fellow man in injurious terms, hypothetically or otherwise." LEARN and think in terms of what I said in my previous statement and understand what it means. But don't believe anything I say. You must think for yourself!

Actually, Iain'tgoin'tonocamp!, we're pretty much all in the same boat, although we may come from different backgrounds. And they say we all die one day, but that day is not today. And perhaps by living in the now, in today as vividly as we can drawing everything the day has to offer, that "one day that is not today" can be moved into a much farther future than is now presented.

There are many ways to learn. Books are only part of it. Learning from experience is another part, learning by forging a constant connection with what goes on inside of us is a major part of it. We are all different and nobody can point the way for another, just make suggestions that will be up to you to evaluate. It's really common sense. Sincerely ask and pay attention and learning will come in whatever form. We all have a voice within that helps guide us through things. Sometimes it's tough to find, but once you tune into it it's invaluable.

Spiritual growth and learning is actually much more natural and essentially organic than concepts of education spouted by our modern civilization. A lot of times we are just so tuned into entropy that it dominates our lives, and even though I have yet to meet anyone who has elliminated it from theirs (including me of course), there is a livingness, and positive presence that also comes into play as we grow. And aside from what anyone else may tell us, we come to realize deep inside that there is an alternative to hell, on earth or anywhere.

There is a feeling prevalent that "time is running out", but like Laura said, its fuel for determination. Be determined to survive, but go beyond a survivalist mentality, and your determination will lead you to new frontiers and possibilities and even hope. I found that every path is different, although some groups of people often have paths that are similar or compatible.

So until you realize your own way, you can learn from others and also know that what they go through is not necessarily what you need to experience. That's why this kind of "learning" is not like your gradeschool variety lesson. It's an adventure, and ad-ventures always have an element of risk but not so much to be necessary experiences in terror. And all of us are on an adventure that is very real and not a Hollywood side-show.

A child goes out to play and gets hurt. It would be a very sad child if because of that it never went out to play again. As it was mentioned, you're already on the path. It may be rough sailing at times, but the more you learn the ropes the more you can avoid the rocks. And eventually, instead of just avoiding rocks you can start looking up and notice some cool scenery, and maybe even get a glimpse of where you are going. It may actually be the shortest path AWAY from the dreaded camp.

I appreciate the links cyre, I will start on those a.s.a.p. As for Laura, thank you as well, the Branch Davidian massacre, interestingly enough, was where I began my journey (I was 10 years old at the time) of discovery into evil acts perpetrated by the U.S. government, and then eventually to secret societies, ancient history and mythology, and then into the nature of reality itself, first through Icke's books (until I began to realize he's full of it) and then to this site itself. I'll get right on it. :)

Esoquest, you are the motherfawkin' man, or wo-man! Thanks for the encouragement. For awhile I thought this thread would lead to my expulsion but now I'm all hankering to learn and grow and transcend and all that fantastic sh*t. I've got to do laundry, but I'll be back with some dirt on Koresh, Reno, A.T.F., and all the other players. Right On! :)

I appreciate the links cyre, I will start on those a.s.a.p. As for Laura, thank you as well, the Branch Davidian massacre, interestingly enough, was where I began my journey (I was 10 years old at the time) of discovery into evil acts perpetrated by the U.S. government, and then eventually to secret societies, ancient history and mythology, and then into the nature of reality itself, first through Icke's books (until I began to realize he's full of it) and then to this site itself. I'll get right on it. :)
You aren't going to do it alone. I think that this is a MOST worthy research project for ALL of us. Ya'll need to remember that I have had actual "physical" warnings disguised as "attempts on my life" already. Of course I know that if somebody wanted to off me, there would be no "attempts," it would just happen and that would be that. So interpreting what happened was important. It would have been so easy to go off screaming, "they're trying to kill me." That's not the case. "They" don't want me dead. They don't want martyrs. Besides, I suspect that "They" consider me a "resource" in some way. So it's a real razor's edge.

Protecting my children is also a top priority. It's fine with four of them who really grok stuff, work with me, and know that their own safety is paramount to mother's peace of mind and ability to work. The fifth one is a bit more "independent," shall we say. She does NOT like any restrictions placed on her life due to considerations for what mother does. The only thing that keeps me from going nuts is remembering, repeating to myself over and over again, that they probably won't touch her because they know that it would just "make me a martyr at one remove."

But still....

And so, as I said, I am HIGHLY motivated to figure stuff out and I do not, for a moment, think that I am capable of doing it by myself. Yeah, I can put stuff together in new ways, see patterns, see things others can't see, but without a network of "eyes," (because there is just so MUCH to see!) it is all to easy to make mistakes.

The only advice I can give anyone is to never, EVER, forget that your own ego is the biggest trap you can fall into. Never, EVER, think you've got it sussed. Never, EVER forget that without others, without your network, you are nothing.

kenlee said:
My title is simply an expression of my not wanting to be enslaved, I am trying my best to learn what needs to be learned so that I will not be enslaved, instead of patting yourself on the back with your assumptions and psychoanalysis, why not offer up some suggestions as to how and where I can acquire the knowledge needed to reach a level of understanding as high as yours. Thanks.
This whole nation was built on blood. In fact, this nation now feeds on it and thrives on it. Try to learn the whole picture and realize that your thoughts are "things." Watch you thoughts. If you think in terms of guns then you are thinking in blood terms and you are just perpetuating what has been going on for millennia. Nothing will change. Give Spirit a chance. Study Laura's website. See as deep as you can and learn the causes of things. "A Man Of Knowledge" as Don Juan says "cannot in any way act towards his fellow man in injurious terms, hypothetically or otherwise." LEARN and think in terms of what I said in my previous statement and understand what it means. But don't believe anything I say. You must think for yourself!
Speaking of Don Juan, I came across a passage earlier that had to do with "fear" associated with "learning" - which ties into Laura's remarks about the heebie-jeebies:

A man of knowledge is one who has followed truthfully the hardships of learning, a man who has, without rushing or without faltering, gone as far as he can in unravelling the secrets of power and knowledge. To become a man of knowledge one must challenge and defeat his four natural enemies.

When a man starts to learn, he is never clear about his objectives. His purpose is faulty; his intent is vague. He hopes for rewards that will never materialize for he knows nothing of the hardships of learning.

He slowly begins to learn -- bit by bit at first, then in big chunks. And his thoughts soon clash. What he learns is never what he pictured, or imagined, and so he begins to be afraid. Learning is never what one expects. Every step of learning is a new task, and the fear the man is experiencing begins to mount mercilessly, unyieldingly. His purpose becomes a battlefield.

And thus he has stumbled upon the first of his natural enemies: fear! a terrible enemy -- treacherous, and difficult to overcome. It remains concealed at every turn of the way, prowling, and waiting. And if the man, terrified in its presence, runs away, his enemy will have put an end to his quest and he will never learn. He will never become a man of knowledge. He will perhaps be a bully, or a harmless, scared man; at any rate, he will be a defeated man. His first enemy will have put an end to his cravings.

It is not possible for a man to abandon himself to fear for years then finally conquer it. If he gives in to fear he will never conquer it, because he will shy away from learning and never try again. But if he tries to learn for years in the midst of his fear, he will eventually conquer it because he will never have really abandoned himself to it.

Therefore he must not run away. He must defy his fear, and in spite of it he must take the next step in learning, and the next, and the next. He must be fully afraid, and yet he must not stop. That is the rule! And a moment will come when his first enemy retreats. The man begins to feel sure of himself. His intent becomes stronger. Learning is no longer a terrifying task.

When this joyful moment comes, the man can say without hesitation that he has defeated his first natural enemy. It happens little by little, and yet the fear is vanquished suddenly and fast. Once a man has vanquished fear, he is free from it for the rest of his life because, instead of fear, he has acquired clarity -- clarity of mind which erases fear. [Carlos Castaneda, The Teachings of Don Juanhttp://www.prismagems.com/castaneda/donjuan1.html]

Thanks very much Craig for the Don Juan quotes. I always enjoy reading it. I'm sure Castaneda was very much influenced by Gurdjieff but yet, his point of view was so much different. It always helps to come at an idea from as many different angles and with as much new information as possible, otherwise it becomes stagnant and loses its power and becomes distorted. Don Juan was one such angle. Bruce Lee once wrote an epitaph: " In memory of a once fluid man, crammed and distorted by the classical mess."

Concerning Waco and the Branch Davidians I found this report from Ms.Ammerman.

http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/davidians/ammerman.html

Ms. Ammerman was a member of panel of experts convened after the Branch Davidian crisis. Each member of the panel wrote a separate assessment of the events that transpired in Waco. They were published in a volume entitled Recommendations of Experts for Improvement in Federal Law Enforcement after Waco (Washington, DC: Government Printing Office, 1993).
Ms. Ammerman makes an interesting observation in her report:

Clearly the advice of these agents was not heeded. Why? The answer to that question takes us first to the structure of command and second to the culture and training of the FBI itself. Most basically, people representing the Behavioral Sciences Unit were outranked and outnumbered. Within the command structure, people from the Hostage Rescue Team carried more weight than people who were negotiators. In addition, it is evident that people from the tactical side were simply trusted more and were more at home with the SACs in Waco..

Are Americans Too Broken for the Truth to Set Us Free?

I was wondering where this article might fit on the forum. This seems the perfect thread.

Weekend Edition
December 4-6, 2009
In Search of Morale

Are Americans Too Broken for the Truth to Set Us Free?

By BRUCE E. LEVINE

Can people become so broken that truths of how they are being screwed do not “set them free” but instead further demoralize them? Has such a demoralization happened in the United States? Do some totalitarians actually want us to hear how we have been screwed because they know that humiliating passivity in the face of obvious oppression will demoralize us even further? What forces have created a demoralized, passive, disCouraged U.S. population? Can anything be done to turn this around?

Can people become so broken that truths of how they are being screwed do not “set them free” but instead further demoralize them?

YES. It is called the “abuse syndrome.” How do abusive pimps, spouses, bosses, corporations, and governments stay in control? They shove lies, emotional and physical abuses, and injustices in their victims’ faces, and when victims are afraid to exit from these relationships, they get weaker; and so the abuser then makes their victims eat even more lies, abuses, and injustices, resulting in victims even weaker as they remain in these relationships.

Does the truth of their abuse set people free when they are deep in these abuse syndromes? NO. For victims of the abuse syndrome, the truth of their passive submission to humiliating oppression is more than embarrassing -- it can feel shameful; and there is nothing more painful than shame. And when one already feels beaten down and demoralized, the likely response to the pain of shame is not constructive action but more attempts to shut down or divert oneself from this pain. It is not likely that the truth of one’s humiliating oppression is going to energize one to constructive actions.

Has such a demoralization happened in the U.S.?

In the United States, 47 million people are without health insurance and many millions more are underinsured or a job layoff away from losing their coverage. But despite the current sellout by their elected officials to the insurance industry, there is no outpouring of millions of U.S. citizens on the streets of Washington D.C. protesting this betrayal.

Polls show that the majority of Americans oppose U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq as well as the taxpayer bailout of the financial industry, yet only a handful of U.S. citizens have protested any of this.

Remember the 2000 U.S. presidential election? That’s the one in which Al Gore received 500,000 more votes than George W. Bush. That’s also the one that the Florida Supreme Court’s order for a recount of the disputed Florida vote was over-ruled by the U.S. Supreme Court in a politicized 5-4 decision, of which dissenting Justice John Paul Stevens remarked: “Although we may never know with complete certainty the identity of the winner of this year's presidential election, the identity of the loser is perfectly clear. It is the nation's confidence in the judge as an impartial guardian of the rule of law.” Yet, even all this provoked few demonstrators.

When people become broken, they cannot act on truths of injustice. Furthermore, when people have become broken, more truths about how they have been victimized can lead to shame about how they have allowed it. And shame, like fear, is one more psychological way we become even more broken.

U.S. citizens do not actively protest obvious injustices for the same reasons that people cannot leave their abusive spouses. They feel helpless to effect change. The more we don’t act, the weaker we get. And ultimately to deal with the painful humiliation over inaction in the face of an oppressor, we move to shutdown and escape strategies such as depression, substance abuse, and other diversions, which further keep us from acting. This is the vicious cycle of all abuse syndromes.

Do some totalitarians actually want us to hear how we have been screwed because they know that humiliating passivity in the face of obvious oppression will demoralize us even further?

Maybe.

Shortly before the 2000 U.S. presidential election, millions of Americans saw a clip of George W. Bush joking to a wealthy group of people, “What a crowd tonight: the haves and the haves more. Some people call you the elite; I call you my base.” Yet, even with these kind of inflammatory remarks, the tens of millions of U.S. citizens who had come to despise Bush and his arrogance remained passive in the face of the 2000 non-democratic presidential elections.

Perhaps the “political genius” of the Bush-Cheney regime was fully realizing that Americans were so broken that they could get away with damn near anything. And the more people did nothing about the boot slamming on their faces, the weaker people became.

What forces have created a demoralized, passive, disCouraged U.S. population?

The U.S. government-corporate partnership has used its share of guns and terror to break Native Americans, labor union organizers, and other dissidents and activists. But today, most U.S. citizens are broken by financial fears. There is potential legal debt if we speak out against a powerful authority, and all kinds of other debt if we do not comply on the job. Young people are broken by college-loan debts and fear of having no health insurance.

The U.S. population is increasingly broken by the social isolation created by corporate-governmental policies. A 2006 American Sociological Review study (“Social Isolation in America: Changes in Core Discussion Networks over Two Decades”) reported that 25 percent of Americans did not have a single confidant in 2004 (10 percent of Americans lacked a single confidant in 1985). Sociologist Robert Putnam in Bowling Alone (2000) describes how social connectedness is disappearing in virtually every aspect of U.S. life. For example, there has been a significant decrease in face-to-face contact with neighbors and friends due to suburbanization, commuting, electronic entertainment, time and money pressures and other variables created by governmental-corporate policies. And union activities and other formal or informal ways that people give each other the support necessary to resist oppression have also decreased.

We are also broken by a corporate-government partnership that has rendered most of us out of control when it comes to the basic necessities of life, including our food supply. And we, like many other people in the world, are broken by socializing institutions that alienate us from our basic humanity. A few examples:

Schools and Universities: Do most schools teach young people to be action-oriented—or to be passive? Do most schools teach young people that they can affect their surroundings—or not to bother? Do schools provide examples of democratic institutions – or examples of authoritarian ones?

A long list of school critics from Henry David Thoreau to John Dewey, John Holt, Paul Goodman, Jonathan Kozol, Alfie Kohn, Ivan Illich, and John Taylor Gatto have pointed out that a school is nothing less than a miniature society: what young people experience in schools is the chief means of creating our future society. Schools are routinely places where kids -- through fear -- learn to comply to authorities for whom they often have no respect, and to regurgitate material they often find meaningless. These are great ways of breaking someone.
Today, U.S. colleges and universities have increasingly become places where young people are merely acquiring degree credentials -- badges of compliance for corporate employers -- in exchange for learning to accept bureaucratic domination and enslaving debt.

Mental Health Institutions: Aldous Huxley predicted, “And it seems to me perfectly in the cards that there will be within the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude.” Today, increasing numbers of people in the U.S. who do not comply with authority are being diagnosed with mental illnesses and medicated with psychiatric drugs that make them less pained about their boredom, resentments, and other negative emotions, thus rendering them more compliant and manageable.

Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) is an increasingly popular diagnosis for children and teenagers. The official symptoms of ODD include, “often actively defies or refuses to comply with adult requests or rules," and "often argues with adults.” An even more common reaction to oppressive authorities than the overt defiance of ODD is some type of passive defiance -- for example, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Studies show that virtually all children diagnosed with ADHD will pay attention to activities that they actually enjoy or that they have chosen. In other words, when ADHD-labeled kids are having a good time and in control, the “disease” goes away.

When human beings feel too terrified and broken to actively protest, they may stage a “passive-aggressive revolution” by simply getting depressed, staying drunk, and not doing anything – this is one reason why the Soviet Empire crumbled. However, the diseasing/medicalizing of rebellion and drug “treatments” have weakened the power of even this passive-aggressive revolution.

Television: In his book Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television (1978), Jerry Mander (after reviewing totalitarian critics such as George Orwell, Aldous Huxley, Jacques Ellul, and Ivan Illich) compiled a list of the “Eight Ideal Conditions for the Flowering of Autocracy.”

Television, Mander claimed, helps create all eight conditions for breaking a population. Television: (1) occupies people so that they don't know themselves—and what a human being is; (2) separates people from one another; (3) creates sensory deprivation; (4) occupies the mind and fills the brain with prearranged experience and thought; (5) encourages drug use to dampen dissatisfaction (while TV itself produces a drug-like effect, this was compounded in 1997 the U.S. Food and Drug Administration relaxing the rules of prescription-drug advertising); (6) centralizes knowledge and information; (7) eliminates or "museumize" other cultures to eliminate comparisons; and (8) redefines happiness and the meaning of life.

Commericalism of Damn Near Everything: While spirituality, music, and cinema can be revolutionary forces, the gross commercialization of all of these has deadened their capacity to energize rebellion. So now, damn near everything – not just organized religion -- has become “opiates of the masses.”

The primary societal role of U.S. citizens is no longer that of "citizen" but that of "consumer." While citizens know that buying and selling within community strengthens that community and that this strengthens democracy, consumers care only about the best deal. While citizens understand that dependency on an impersonal creditor is a kind of slavery, consumers get excited with credit cards that offer a temporarily low APR.

Consumerism breaks people by devaluing human connectedness, socializing self-absorption, obliterating self-reliance, alienating people from normal human emotional reactions, and by selling the idea that purchased products -- not themselves and their community -- are their salvation.

Can anything be done to turn this around?

When people get caught up in humiliating abuse syndromes, more truths about their oppressive humiliations don’t set them free. What sets them free is morale.

What gives people morale? Encouragement. Small victories. Models of courageous behaviors. And anything that helps them break out of the vicious cycle of pain, shut down, immobilization, shame over immobilization, more pain, and more shut down.

The last people I would turn to for help in remobilizing a demoralized population are mental health professionals—at least those who have not rebelled against their professional socialization. Much of the craft of relighting the pilot light requires talents that mental health professionals simply are not selected for nor are they trained in. Specifically, the talents required are a fearlessness around image, spontaneity, and definitely anti-authoritarianism. But these are not the traits that medical schools or graduate schools select for or encourage.

Mental health professionals’ focus on symptoms and feelings often create patients who take themselves and their moods far too seriously. In contrast, people talented in the craft of maintaining morale resist this kind of self-absorption. For example, in the Question & Answer session that followed a Noam Chomsky talk (reported in Understanding Power: The Indispensable Chomsky, 2002), a somewhat demoralized man in the audience asked Chomsky if he too ever went through a phase of hopelessness. Chomsky responded, “Yeah, every evening . . .

If you want to feel hopeless, there are a lot of things you could feel hopeless about. If you want to sort of work out objectively what’s the chance that the human species will survive for another century, probably not very high. But I mean, what’s the point? . . . First of all, those predictions don’t mean anything—they’re more just a reflection of your mood or your personality than anything else. And if you act on that assumption, then you’re guaranteeing that’ll happen. If you act on the assumption that things can change, well, maybe they will. Okay, the only rational choice, given those alternatives, is to forget pessimism.”

A major component of the craft of maintaining morale is not taking the advertised reality too seriously. In the early 1960s, when the overwhelming majority in the U.S. supported military intervention in Vietnam, Chomsky was one of the few U.S. citizens actively opposing it. Looking back at this era, Chomsky reflected, “When I got involved in the anti-Vietnam War movement, it seemed to me impossible that we would ever have any effect. . . . So looking back, I think my evaluation of the ‘hope’ was much too pessimistic: it was based on a complete misunderstanding. I was sort of believing what I read.”

An elitist assumption is that people don’t change because they are either ignorant of their problems or ignorant of solutions. Elitist “helpers” think they have done something useful by informing overweight people that they are obese and that they must reduce their caloric intake and increase exercise. An elitist who has never been broken by his or her circumstances does not know that people who have become demoralized do not need analyses and pontifications. Rather the immobilized need a shot of morale.

Bruce E. Levine is a clinical psychologist and his latest book is Surviving America’s Depression Epidemic: How to Find Morale, Energy, and Community in a World Gone Crazy (Chelsea Green Publishing, 2007). His Web site is www.brucelevine.net

_http://www.counterpunch.org/levine12042009.html

Thank you for posting that article, Rabelais.

I am not sure how someone who is beaten down and demoralized creates the condition of greater morale. It is a lovely sentiment, but does not really, IMO suggest a practical or realistic way for someone who is drowning, to save themselves. And thinking that someone else is going to come along and give them that shot in the arm, seems like pretty wishful thinking. Morale seems to come from thinking that something is changing. That something you are doing is making a difference. That your efforts are not wasted.

The only reason I am not completely shattered (and there are moments when I feel like I am), is out of sheer Will. I'm too pissed off ! Too stubborn to let the PTB win by cheating. When I first figured out what was really happening in the world and how we had all been lied to and manipulated and more deeply enslaved by the belief that we are actually free, I was enraged!!! I tried to tell everyone I knew.

Most of them did not want to know.

It took me a year to realize that I cannot really do anything about it. At least, not for others who do not want to know. When I found The Wave, and started reading Laura's other work on psychopathy, I realized that I can begin to change myself and my own perspective in small steps. That I do not have to allow others to feed on me. That I do not have to surrender my mind. Even if every other aspect of my life were completely controlled by others, my mind is my own and I do not have to believe what anyone else tells me I should.

Should. Such a dirty word.

In my moments of weakness; in my moments when I see no hope and the world just seems like some tragic and horrible place to be; when I am in so much physical pain that the idea of getting out of bed makes me want to weep; when I can hardly bare to be here anymore ... lately ... I think to myself, "you will not smash my soul! It is mine! And I'll be damned if I am coming back to do all this again!"

I'm not really sure where I am going with this....

.... I guess I'm just thinking that this article is saying something along the lines of, "Don't worry. Be happy. All you need is a little shot of morale." That may well be true. Where do you get yours? I seemingly manage to conjure a certain amount of it up out of nowhere, everyday. I have to wind myself up and by the time I leave work... I have nothing left. I am just Burnt!

Where does one get a shot / dose / inoculation of this morale?

Auranimal said:
Thank you for posting that article, Rabelais.

I am not sure how someone who is beaten down and demoralized creates the condition of greater morale. It is a lovely sentiment, but does not really, IMO suggest a practical or realistic way for someone who is drowning, to save themselves. And thinking that someone else is going to come along and give them that shot in the arm, seems like pretty wishful thinking. Morale seems to come from thinking that something is changing. That something you are doing is making a difference. That your efforts are not wasted.

Where does one get a shot / dose / inoculation of this morale

I can't say that there is a shot/ dose/ inoculation. Maybe that is part of the problem, that we gravitate toward 'the pill'. The Work is the only solution and the small victories through this on a daily basis provide the morale to go on. This has been my experience.

As for the experience of drowning I did have this one time. I got caught in a rip tide and was pulled out to sea. The experience was so terrifying that it trumped any existential feelings of despair or depression due to my more chronic intellectualizing of the daily drudge. I'm convinced that nothing short of divine intervention saved me, as a snorkeler, with fins, miraculously (or so it seemed) appeared out of the blue (yes, sea) and calmly asked me if I could use some help. With my normally fiercely proud independence fully water soaked by this time I humbly acquiesced to his assistance whereby he slowly towed me back to shallower water. Once there he carefully and humbly offered me a pearl in the form of advice on how to more assuredly ensure my survival should I find myself in that situation again. 'Swim back at an angle to the current.' He said and rather sheepishly for he somehow knew the plight of one who just got saved. It was years before I could even tell anyone this story such was my state of shame and embarrassment for having to be 'saved'. In fact it got me to start looking deeply at this whole idea of 'being saved' which did much to ignite the dross of much falsehood within me.

I had the great fortune to acquire a powerful tool from a very wise man who told me, "Whatever is the worst thing that happens to you each day, thank the Great Spirit for that, for in that is your greatest gift." Such an idea flew in the face of conventional wisdom, for we are mostly trained and encouraged to lament hardship and great challenge rather than face them as divine opportunity. Yet how remarkable our life becomes should we dare to reverse our thinking and apply this tool in times of adversity.

Imagine having a gun pointed at you and immediately recognizing this as the greatest gift of the day! Of course this would not necessarily mean that there would be no fear or even any remote idea of what would happen in the next moment. But the knowingness that this was an opportunity of divine expression could balance that fear and empower one to respond in faith and not react out of panic.
Transcending the fear of not having a weapon to ‘defend’ oneself cannot happen until you have not the weapon. You must face the fear of being defenseless by gifting yourself with that scenario. This is true courage; overcoming fear. In other words, admitting that you have it then taking the choice of facing it.

Great thread Thanks to all!

This thread has given me much much to think about. It has also been a wonderful learning experience about the dynamics of this group. Thank you all.

As someone who's waking up process has been quite recent with regards to the real danger posed to those who live in the current U.S, I have been struggling to apply the razor to the difference between preparedness/connecting the dots and fear-based 3d thinking. I understand that eradicating the fear and releasing oneself from the karmic wheel is and must be first and foremost. It is the only work which exists in Reality, regardless of when and where one lives. Non-linear thinking/now-ness is essential and I am absorbing as many ways as I see to practice this state. This is why I am here with you all. I have come to terms with the idea that all I think I 'possess' in the material world is dust and worthless in the eyes of the cosmos, and welcome any forces that illuminate this.

However, I feel it is irresponsible to see what is going on in the U.S. and not take some measures. If knowledge protects, shouldn't this be taken in a broad sense so that esoteric wisdom can be assimilated along side assimilation of important basic 3d info like heavy metal detox, etc? Obviously, these things are entangled fully. I feel that this thread talked about this, but mostly focused on the protecting oneself/violence aspect. I have no interest in preparing for attack physically (to the extent of considering weaponry), because I see this as a rabbit hole. This has been thoroughly and clearly dissected on this thread. However, it does seem that preparing (with information/supplies) for exodus out of metropolitan areas/nomadic living seem completely reasonable.

As such, I have taken McCanney's advice to achieve water/food independence as much as possible.

However, it is also clear that these considerations can become another endless spiral. May I ask what those who are involved here and still living in the U.S. see as other important considerations based on the signs (ala 5D city on a hill)? I am not asking for anyone to restate the major tenants of this group (detox, EE, 4th way, etc). I am working on them as I meet them, and I don't desire a spoon feeding (nor would I expect anybody to baby me with one). It is inconsiderate to your work, and even more to the point: I am trying to cultivate strength in myself. I am curious, however, on your thoughts about where you draw the line in your own reasoning with these considerations. Have you developed any specific tools for this? I find that one of my recent programs has been to get caught up in this question, and it has the tendency to distract me from the number 1 pursuit.

I don't know if it is the proper place for this line of questioning so if someone wants to direct me elsewhere, I would be appreciative.

If I had the ability to delete this post, I would. Here is the thread I needed to read (with links to two or three others, to boot):

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=7638.0

the post was a moment of weakness anyway, and I realized it after it was too late. :-[

If anyone stumbles to this thread in a similar mindset to what I was displaying above, this link is the route!

Guest said:
jOda said:
Cricket, I've got one question for you - "What you gonna do, when they come for you?" I mean, the Zen master may be in position to have his head cut off without blinking an eye, but... to become such a being, one needs his head firmly attached to the rest of the body
How can we solve this dillema, when the hypothetical martial law turmoil or civil disorder chaos breaks out and we are faced with some REALLY difficult decisions?
It's a difficult question to answer, and I notice one the PTB likes to make people ask themselves. If anyone has noticed we are always on the VERGE of take-over, enslavement, disaster and it seems "someone" or "something" thinks that before this can take place we need to be in a particular fearful and violence-oriented mindset.

So we need to ask ourselves, IMO, what is the freedom the PTB wants to destroy first, before it gets into direct action. Is it the freedom to express soul qualities, to be one's own person standing tall despite of this presentation that the ax is about to fall, rather than taking a defensive stance because we expect it to fall? Does the PTB want our very inner orientation to be on their terms first, before it starts regulating our outer orientation?

"Something" seems to be holding the PTB's hand. Really, a disaster could have been caused a year after 9/11 and the US would have been under martial law already with nobody resisting. I believe the PTB needs psychic assistence to have its way, psychic collaboration by a populous not just ready to defend itself, but willing to turn into a pack of rabid animals in the name of survival. Chaos is what THEY want, and the first step to that chaos is to undermine the inner order of the soul. The PTB knows that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword".

I am not advocating a "turn the other cheek" attitude here. I am supporting the mindframe that Cricket proposes, for it IS about mindframe or rather soul-frame. I believe we need to take a lesson from the PTB that seems to recognize that mind/soul frame DOES MATTER, because whether they attack now or whether they had attacked earlier or later the results are and will be the same. Some will resist and some will not. Apparently, for some reason, they believe the mindframe of people is not conducive for such attack.

Is this because people are willing to fight, or because too many are still free within, where it counts. Going around protesting freely, demanding society works as you want it, confronting powers openly is an outer form of freedom. There is also an inner form of freedom, where you stand tall within without relying on a defensive frame of mind.

The greatest battle IMO now waged is within, to refuse to think and feel as they want you to think and feel, in terms of instinctive survival capacity. Look at all the movies of the "fighting heros". Why are these promoted? Why not promote movies of submission to authority, of the stronger always winning? Look at all the contradictions in society, promoting liberal promiscuity and materialism on the one hand, and religius fanaticism on the other. Threatening people with those "evil immigrants" on the one hand, and threatening to take away their guns on the other. Showing constant violence through the media, and imposing rigid police action on the other hand.

The PTB WANTS people to explode in violence. They constantly promote that if the lights go out in a city for a few hours everyone will start killing each other. I remember a black-out in New York city in the 60's where the only tangible result was that a large number of women got pregnant! Now its raping, looting and killing. We are being intimidated and conditioned toward violence. Thus, the true fighter will FIRST fight where attack is most prominent, not where the enemy projects it will be. And right now the battle is for our hearts and minds.

If those fall, no matter how much blood we shed afterwards, we will have already lost.

I see the problem similar to homeopathic vs. allopathic medicine. We all know natural remedies work, but who dares depend fully on them? THAT takes faith and courage, and one cannot really demand that of others, yet if you say that allopathic medicine must ALWAYS have the final say, it will always rule.

Similarly we know that the way of intelligent peace and freedom of soul is the RIGHT way, and many believe that following this way will reinforce probabilities that favour freedom. Yet who dares rely on this when the shadow of external violence looms?

Hence, most of us will compromise, pursuing inner truth, but keeping a gun handy. Yet, we must not forget that by expecting violence to come and focusing upon it we deny the space for our inner truth to expand. I think that is precisely what the PTB wants before it makes its move, otherwise it will have to deal with truly free individuals, free regardless of whatever force it tries to impose, because they are free within.

Maybe some may consider this an unrealistic attitude. We have but to look at the past, however, and see how much blood was spilt through violent reaction, and how much blood was spilt through NO reaction. Blood is what these vampires feed upon, and the extremes of complacency and aggression promote it. There is a middle way, so to speak, to be aware of the problem but not consumed by it. The inner state DOES make a difference, and the PTB know this. And if inner truths have no outer effect, than what good are they? If anyone believes, IMO, that the bottom line is "might makes right", the PTB doesn't need concentration camps, for we are already locked in.

Reminds me of a situation that a friend and I were in during a rather peaceful anti-war protest going on in Richmond, Virginia not so long ago. There were about 200 or so protesters gathered further down the street as we were sitting on a wall sort of watching this gathering as about 1000 or so uniformed police came marching toward them from all directions. We were rather flabergasted at this rather large show of force yet we chose to just stay put and watch as this massive group of police in full riot gear piled themselves up against a stopping point that their leader chose to assemble this fortification. We ended up being knees to chests against this rather large contingent (the wall was somewhat high) and there was no place for any of us to escape to. Not that we were planning to anyway. So it struck me as rather comical as these riot guys were doing their best at trying to ignore us. Yet by that time we most certainly were within quiet conversational distance. So I said to my friend, and obviously with the intention to be heard, "Probably a great time to do some speeding." Several of the cops broke out in laughter with the one nearest us replying, "Yeah, no kidding." As they were all pretty fed up with the ridiculousness of the situation by then.

anart said:
My thinking on this is rather simple (and pretty selfish, really) - ain't no way that I am going to create any more karmic ties to resolve, by shooting someone. Period. I'm tired of playing in this dirt field, and going out with guns a'blazing is one 'sure fire' way to have to return here to resolve things, once again. If you want to 'defend' yourself into another couple of lifetimes down here, have at it - I simply have no interest in doing that. I figure if someone feels the need/duty to round me up or to 'take me out' -my having a gun is not going to stop them. I'm not so attached to this body, or this lifetime that I would kill or hurt someone else to keep it.
I realize that I probably sound like a loon - but I'm being completly honest - it's just not worth having to return here again to work off some karmic debt I created by shooting some soldier/officer/agent because they were going to shoot me first. Perhaps I'm off in left field on this one (it would not be the first time) -but hey, that's how I see it at the moment.

Anart

I don't think you're a loon at all (more like the girl of my dreams :-[ ). This whole freedom thing is just a mind manipulation in "living 3D". While here we're all slaves to oxygen. Try fighting for your right not to take your next breathe and see how far you get, eh? So we're all slaves to these bodies. What's one or two more slaveries added to that? 3D is an opportunity for growth, not an end all. It's a great day to die. What we really fear is the loss of our attachments which we know we're going to lose anyway. Perhaps the path of wisdom is to detach on our own terms when we can and face forced detachment with grace when given no choice. I used to have guns and I used to hate to lose (I'm a pretty decent tennis player). Learning to love to lose is one of the most difficult lessons I've ever had to deal with. This is my last battle and my battle cry is love. I am a warrior as are you and all of us who claim this for ourselves. Our bodies have fears and most probably always will to a degree. Such is the nature and requirement of life in 3D STS. Without this we would not have courage to conquer and insatiable desire to learn. It's a marvelous conundrum. ;)

Back
Top Bottom