AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION?

From Dr. Mercola (_http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/07/03/antibiotics-colloidal-silver.aspx)

Colloidal Silver Dramatically Boosts Effectiveness of Antibiotics

The use of silver in the battle against pathogenic bacteria goes way back into antiquity. Hippocrates was one of the first to describe its antimicrobial properties in 400 B.C. Over the past few years, several studies have demonstrated the fact that silver is indeed one of the most effective agents in the battle against antibiotic-resistant super pathogens. Yet conventional medicine has largely dismissed such claims, relegating colloidal silver to the "woo-woo" section of medical myth.

They may be inclined to change their tune however, in light of the latest research which shows that low doses of silver can make antibiotics up to 1,000 times more effective, and may even allow an antibiotic to successfully combat otherwise antibiotic-resistant bacteria. As reported by Medical News Today:13

"...[N]ot only did silver boost the ability of a broad range of commonly used antibiotics so as to stop mice dying of otherwise lethal infections, but it made at least one resistant bacterium succumb to antibiotics again. The addition of silver also broadened the effect of vancomycin, an antibiotic that is usually only effective at killing Gram-positive bacteria like Staph and Strep; aided by silver it killed Gram-negative bacteria such as those that cause food poisoning and dangerous hospital-acquired infections."

For example, by adding a small amount of silver to the antibiotic, a powerful synergism occurred, and a urinary tract infection caused by tetracycline-resistant E. coli was successfully eradicated. Silver also helped save the lives of 90 percent of mice suffering with a life-threatening abdominal inflammation by adding it to the antibiotic vanomycin. In the group receiving vanomycin only, a mere 10 percent survived. The researchers discovered two mechanisms that help explain how silver can boost the effectiveness of an antibiotic:

Silver interferes with the bacteria's metabolism, increasing production of reactive oxygen species (ROS); products of normal oxygen consuming metabolic processes in your body that, in excess, can damage cell membranes and DNA. Many antibiotics are believed to kill bacteria by producing ROS compounds, and here, the researchers found that adding a small amount of silver boosted the antibiotic's ability to kill anywhere from 10 and 1,000 times more bacteria
Silver makes the bacteria's cell membrane more permeable. This may explain the beneficial effect of silver on gram-negative bacteria, the cells of which are often impenetrable to antibiotics due to the molecular size of the drugs

luke wilson said:
Though as it's honey, it has sugar!

I used to use manuka honey before keto and back then I had problems with my teeth constantly getting infected. I used it for a year or so and didn't have any problems, no more dentist and generally good health all round. I ditched it because of the sugar though... may be worth looking at to bolster the castle walls in small dosages.

You have remind me of something that i almost forgot. I have a hay fever problems, an allergy and my sinuses get inflamed and i sneeze all day, my eyes are itchy and running and all that stuff. 3-4 years ago have a really big problem with that so i decide to make a little experiment. My brother sent me some Manuka honey from Australia and as i read that it have all that anti viral and anti microbial properties i decide to make a nasal drops.

I took one empty bottle from nasal drops and i put a little manuka honey inside, and just a few drops od Magnesium oil inside the bottle. THen i filled it witha distilled water.

Before i put those drops in my nose i decide that i must clean the nasal passages as best as i can so that the Manuka drops can go as deep inside as possible.
When i put that mixture inside my nose, it start to burn deep inside. My eyes became red and full of tears. Sinuses inflamed and congested so after a 10-15 minutes it calm down a little , but i have a heavy flue like symptoms for next 2 days. After that it became a little better. Then the next weekend i did it again and the same situation again.
That year and the next year i don't have any symptoms of the seasonal allergy. I don't know for sure that that manuka honey helped me, or that period was a different in a pollen concentration but i dont have any symptoms after that. Last year symptoms are back and this year they are even worst.

As soon as i get some Manuka honey i`ll try to do the experiment again. Maybe it will be good if i add just a little antibiotic inside.

Want to ask if i missing the point is it good to take doxycycline just for cleaning bad bakteria with good one and then to restore good one with probiotics? Is that enough for people who are not or think are not sick? And how many days need to take it? :huh:

NSD said:
Want to ask if i missing the point is it good to take doxycycline just for cleaning bad bakteria with good one and then to restore good one with probiotics? Is that enough for people who are not or think are not sick? And how many days need to take it? :huh:

Hi NSD
Did you read through the entire thread? :)
The problem goes deeper than just gut bacteria and normal bacteria.

Konstantin said:
luke wilson said:

I used to use manuka honey before keto and back then I had problems with my teeth constantly getting infected. I used it for a year or so and didn't have any problems, no more dentist and generally good health all round. I ditched it because of the sugar though... may be worth looking at to bolster the castle walls in small dosages.

You have remind me of something that i almost forgot. I have a hay fever problems, an allergy and my sinuses get inflamed and i sneeze all day, my eyes are itchy and running and all that stuff. 3-4 years ago have a really big problem with that so i decide to make a little experiment. My brother sent me some Manuka honey from Australia and as i read that it have all that anti viral and anti microbial properties i decide to make a nasal drops.

I took one empty bottle from nasal drops and i put a little manuka honey inside, and just a few drops od Magnesium oil inside the bottle. THen i filled it witha distilled water.

Before i put those drops in my nose i decide that i must clean the nasal passages as best as i can so that the Manuka drops can go as deep inside as possible.
When i put that mixture inside my nose, it start to burn deep inside. My eyes became red and full of tears. Sinuses inflamed and congested so after a 10-15 minutes it calm down a little , but i have a heavy flue like symptoms for next 2 days. After that it became a little better. Then the next weekend i did it again and the same situation again.
That year and the next year i don't have any symptoms of the seasonal allergy. I don't know for sure that that manuka honey helped me, or that period was a different in a pollen concentration but i dont have any symptoms after that. Last year symptoms are back and this year they are even worst.

As soon as i get some Manuka honey i`ll try to do the experiment again. Maybe it will be good if i add just a little antibiotic inside.

I recently went on holiday where I visited a couple of health shops. Some had this black powder stuff, don't know what it was, you put it in a piece of cloth, then rub it in your hand to create heat, then you take it to your nostrils, one at a time and take a big sniff... This thing was like a bomb going off in your nasal passage but it sure did the job cleaning and flashing them all out!

I'll search up the name... All natural and you aren't actually taking in the powder, as its in the clothe, wrapped up.

luke wilson said:
Konstantin said:
luke wilson said:

I recently went on holiday where I visited a couple of health shops. Some had this black powder stuff, don't know what it was, you put it in a piece of cloth, then rub it in your hand to create heat, then you take it to your nostrils, one at a time and take a big sniff... This thing was like a bomb going off in your nasal passage but it sure did the job cleaning and flashing them all out!

I'll search up the name... All natural and you aren't actually taking in the powder, as its in the clothe, wrapped up.

Maybe it was this
_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff_(tobacco)

Its also known under the name BURMUT.
My mother told me that her grandmother ( she lived more then 100 years ), used to use this snuff tobacco her all life.
I dont know what kind of tobacso is used but i`m sure that it have some health benefits, because of the anti viral and anti microbe properties of tobacco.
The people from the past were not crazy, they know what they were doing. All this anti tobacco industry probably destroyed this too.

RedFox said:
NSD said:
Want to ask if i missing the point is it good to take doxycycline just for cleaning bad bacteria with good one and then to restore good one with probiotics? Is that enough for people who are not or think are not sick? And how many days need to take it? :huh:

Hi NSD

Yes i did that but maybe i didn't understand all.

Gaby said:
I was looking for more info on mushrooms and I stumbled upon an interesting discussion where someone who did the protocol over 10 years ago was sharing his experience.

[...]

He used at least doxycycline and aciclovir as an antiviral. Aciclovir is the most widely available anti-viral, more than famciclovir.

Not very encouraging, but one must keep in mind that this was over a decade ago and possibly he didn't tried several things.

Very interesting discussion Gaby, Thanks.

Do you think aciclovir could be an alternative to famciclovir? Would it be effective as well?

BTW, you suggested that we use famciclovir as the first option, should I change that in the protocol document? Would it be 500mg 3 times per day for 3 weeks?

Gaby said:
The more I read, the more I get the impression that any "alternative" supplement or remedy is just complementary and that it would hardly kill the microbes on their own.

Yes, me too. It seems that you can get some improvement by using herbal/mushroom medicines, but you will have to do cycles of antibiotics every now and then...

Wouldn't it be better to just do a good protocol that kills all of them, so that you don't have to take antibiotics anymore and you can then take care of bringing everything into balance again?

I don't mean an easy fix, because the protocol itself isn't easy if you're going to do it right, and one needs to be informed in order to it of course. I just mean that, for me, it doesn't seem that having to do cycles of antibiotics every year is reasonable...

It might be wishfull thinking, I don't know... but, IMO, it's better to get rid of the problem at once and then continue working on improving the defenses (with knowledge and implementations in "physical", "psychological/intellectual/emotional" and "spiritual" levels) so that you don't get infected again.

Gaby said:
Again, they probably didn't tried what this forum had tried for years: keto or low carb diet, FIR sauna, cryotherapy, heavy metal chelation, iron chelation, ETC. Still, it is good to read the experiences of those who tried it.

You're right. I still need to go through a metal chelation protocol before I start the antibiotic one.

I am willing to take the antibiotics once I'm more informed and after chelation, but, I have also been searching a bit on mushrooms just in case we can find something there, and I've found this, which is interesting, although it hasn't much to do with mushrooms:

6. Soil Based Organisms (SBO’s) (bacillus subtilis and lichenformis) - produce surfactin that inactivates lipid envelope viruses (HIV, CMV, herpes etc), kills mycoplasmas and many bacteria and candida albicans. By reducing candida albicans, SBO’s reduce Th2 cytokines. It has been reported that Bacillus subtilis helped symptoms associated with CFIDS, candidiasis, herpes, allergies, Streptococcal and Staphylococcal infections. There are published reports that SBO’s helped shift the cytokine profile from Th2 to Th1.

Bacillus subtilis and lichenformis produced a “detergent-like” substance called “surfactin” that dissolves the lipid envelope around certain microbes thereby rendering them completely inactivated. German researcher Vollenbroich D reported “The antiviral activity of surfactin, a cyclic lipopeptide antibiotic and biosurfactant produced by Bacillus subtilis, was determined for a broad spectrum of viruses… especially herpes and retroviruses...” (Biologicals 1997;25(3):289-97)

Mycoplasma and bacterial membranes also disintegrated by exposure to surfactin (Appl Environ Microbiol 1997;63(1):44-9). A lipopeptide similar to surfactin is produced by bacillus lichenformis that may be even more potent at dissolving lipid envelope viruses than surfactin from subtilis (Appl Environ Microbiol 1994;60(1):31-8). Potent antifungal volatiles (AFV) that inactivated most types of fungus are produced by bacillus subtilis (Fiddaman PJ et al. J. Appl Bacteriol 1994;76(4):395-4-5).

Products that contain both the bacillus subtilis and lichenformis have been reported to help symptoms. Scientific research demonstrates that surfactin produced by subtilis inactivates lipid-envelope viruses (HIV, HHV-6 strains A and B, EBV, CMV, herpes.

From: _http://www.drkaslow.com/html/immune_restoration.html

Foxx started a thread on Soil Based Probiotics, which I have just found when searching on the forum about it.

Anyway, many people mention that as an aid against many pathogens, so maybe it is something to consider in our protocol? I will try to find out more, but maybe other know about it already ?

Edit: fixed quotation

Pierre said:
I'm one of the two cases. Having had two brain cancers, when I read that Mycoplasma Fermentens could be a cause for cancer, I though that it was definitely worth testing the anti infectious protocol. On Wednesday 15th I started taking doxycycline 200 mg in the morning + 100 mg in the evening.

After each round I've written down the perceived symptoms. Notice that it is self-reporting so it's probably biased plus it's difficult to say if all the listed symptoms are solely due to the doxycycline. In any case the perceived symptoms are quite similar to the typical Herxheimer reaction due to pathogens die-offs.

Below, "d" stands for "day"
"r" stands for "round"
the figure between brackets stands for the severity of the symptom from 1 (light) to 5 (very strong)

d1r1
shivers (2), cold sweat (1), stiff neck (5), headache (2)
d1r2
irritability (3), foggy brain (2) , fatigue (2), headache (1), running nose (4), sleep disturbance (5)

d2r1
Headache (1), foggy brain (2), fatigue (1), back pain (1)
d2r2
Headache (1), foggy brain (2), fatigue (3), shoulder pain (1), sleep disturbance (3)

d3r1
Headache (1), foggy brain (3), fatigue (3), stiff neck (2), nausea (2)

After taking doxycycline I can observe the symptoms appearing about 1/2 to 1 hour later and then increasing until it reaches a peak about 5 hours later before it starts receding. Problem is you have to take another dose before the symptoms have totally disappeared!

It's pretty tough and I can't even imagine taking the other drugs on top of the doxycycline. This being said the tougher the better since it means (hopefully) that a strong Herxheimer reaction is going on, i.e. a lot of critters are dying.

I'll keep on posting the symptoms and hopefully the list will get shorter and shorter. :)

Here is a quick update about my reactions to the doxycycline treatment:

d3r2
Headache (1), foggy brain (3), fatigue (4), stiff neck (2), shoulder pain (2), sleepdisturbance (2)

d4r1
Nausea (4), foggy brain (2), fatigue (4), stiff neck (2), shoulder pain (2)
d4r2
Nausea (1), foggy brain (2), fatigue (2), stiff neck (2), shoulder pain (1), sleep disturbance (1)

d5r1
fatigue (1), stiff neck (1), shoulder pain (1)
d5r2 (had physical activity - 2 hours chainsawing - for the first time since the beginning of the protocol)
fatigue (2), stiff neck (2), shoulder pain (1), headache (2)

d6r1
fatigue (1), brain fog (1), headache (1)
d6r2
fatigue (1)

d7r1
fatigue (1), nausea (1)
d7r2
fatigue (1)

As you can see from day 1 to day 4 it was pretty rough. Then on day 5 most symptoms disappeared or drastically diminished. Over the whole week, symptoms can be summarized as fatigue + pain + brain fog. Today is day 8 and I took my first doses of metronidazole and allopurinol about 4 hours ago. It's too early to know the side effects yet, but I'll keep you posted :)

luke wilson said:
Manuka Honey or honey in general...

_http://www.nhs.uk/news/2011/04April/Pages/manuka-honey-mrsa-superbug-bacteria.aspx

What has the new research found?

Overall, the researchers found that manuka honey affected the structure and activity of different bacteria.
In the study of MRSA, the bacteria were susceptible to “relatively low” concentrations of manuka honey. Combining honey with the antibiotic oxacillin (and to a small extent vancomycin) altered the structure of these drugs, making them potentially more effective. This was measured as the minimum inhibitory concentration or minimum bactericidal concentrations, which are each a measure of the concentration of drug needed to slow growth or kill the organisms.
In the study of Pseudomonas bacteria, the honey induced “significant changes” in the bacteria’s protein expression, which is likely to be detrimental to its survival.
In the study of Streptococcus pyogenes, honey inhibited the growth of bacterial biofilms.

Interesting. This protocol that I'm currently on has a lot of honey.

Still no big improvements, but I noticed something interesting. My lymph nodes on my neck, below my jaw, are swollen after the first week. And sometimes very itchy.

What are the causes of swollen lymph nodes?

Infections are the most common causes of swollen lymph nodes. Common infectious causes of swollen lymph nodes are viral, bacterial, parasites, and fungal.

_http://www.medicinenet.com/swollen_lymph_nodes/page3.htm#what_are_the_causes_of_swollen_lymph_nodes

But they were never swollen in the past two years, since I got my problem. Only now. It looks like this thing activated something in me.

One thing is certain, I haven't slept this good for many years.

NSD said:
RedFox said:
NSD said:
Want to ask if i missing the point is it good to take doxycycline just for cleaning bad bacteria with good one and then to restore good one with probiotics? Is that enough for people who are not or think are not sick? And how many days need to take it? :huh:

Hi NSD

Yes i did that but maybe i didn't understand all.

The thing is that if you don't have any issues at all, there's probably no reason for you to go on the protocol. However, even if you have no APPARENT issues, you may find that you experience a Herxheimer reaction to antibiotics due to a hidden infection that is proceeding slowly to do damage to your body. The problem here is that doxycycline may not be the antibiotic that will attack your particular pathogens, or it may be that a higher dose is necessary. It may be metronidazole, or something else, is called for. So, if you try the doxy and get no reaction at all, and then try to up the dose a bit, still get no reaction, and then switch to another anti-b, and get no reaction, you probably don't have any issues requiring antibiotic treatment.

I would say that the issue of "bloodlines" might be important here and that those individuals with the bloodlines are probably sick already in some way and it is noticeable and interferes with their lives.

So, if you are generally healthy, have no history to indicate that you need to even try this protocol, then I wouldn't do it. BUT, if you read through the list of conditions/diseases/illnesses that are now being linked to infections, and find your condition/symptoms there, that's another story.

Reactions: Zar
Despite the fact that manuka honey is so anti-microbial, I think that the sugar is too much and can only feed many microorganisms that you might not wish to feed. Thus, save it for topical applications.

Yas said:
Do you think aciclovir could be an alternative to famciclovir? Would it be effective as well?

BTW, you suggested that we use famciclovir as the first option, should I change that in the protocol document? Would it be 500mg 3 times per day for 3 weeks?

It would be 2 weeks if there are Herx reactions and one if there are none.

I hope to do more research about it before we decide against one or the other. Aciclovir could be the first option, as it covers herpes pretty well. Unless there are clear advantages to famciclovir.

I'll have time to do more researching tonight.

Shouldn't we treat anemia first??

There are various forms of anemia:
_http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/anemia/basics/treatment/con-20026209

Why should one treat anemia first?

Hemoglobin has the important role of delivering oxygen to all parts of the body for consumption and carries back carbon dioxide back to the lung to exhale it out of the body. If the hemoglobin level is too low, this process may be impaired, resulting in low levels of oxygen in the body (hypoxia).
Note:
- all parasites thrive in an acidic, oxygen deprived medium,
- without a good bloodflow the whole body stagnates (remember lymph also is carried by the bloodflow) toxins are not eliminated,
- Without good bloodflow the tissues are not nourished and cannot regenerate (_http://www.stemcellnutrition.net/the-circulation-system-and-stem-cells)
- the circulatory system ensures that the body is able to fight disease or maintain a stable internal environment — such as proper temperature and pH — known as homeostasis.
- also, even if the blood cell count is good, the problem might be that one hasn't got the right volume of blood, as other systems are out of sync, like the digestive system.
- we have also seen that these unfriendly microorganisms thrive on iron, and one shouldn't take iron, so maybe one should think of ways of replenishing the organism with blood without feeding the critters.

So, maybe one has to start with fortifying the body before one gets rid of unfriendly microorganisms?

Just my opinion
Joy

About a year ago my wife had a Candida Albicans overgrowth and we successfully eliminated it with a diet change (no sugar, no yeast, no grains, low carbs) as well as Grapefruit Seed Extract and probiotic Latero-Flora. We learned about this yeast killer from the http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/bacilluslaterosporus.html website and it not only kills off Candida but also bad bacteria. This MAY include mycoplasmas but I have not seen that written up.
The Bacillus Laterosporus BOD strain was first found in Iceland soil and found effective against Candida and Aspergillus and all their substrains.

Back
Top Bottom