AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION?

Laura said:
NSD said:
RedFox said:
NSD said:
Want to ask if i missing the point is it good to take doxycycline just for cleaning bad bacteria with good one and then to restore good one with probiotics? Is that enough for people who are not or think are not sick? And how many days need to take it? :huh:

Hi NSD
Did you read through the entire thread? :)
The problem goes deeper than just gut bacteria and normal bacteria.

Yes i did that but maybe i didn't understand all.

The thing is that if you don't have any issues at all, there's probably no reason for you to go on the protocol. However, even if you have no APPARENT issues, you may find that you experience a Herxheimer reaction to antibiotics due to a hidden infection that is proceeding slowly to do damage to your body. The problem here is that doxycycline may not be the antibiotic that will attack your particular pathogens, or it may be that a higher dose is necessary. It may be metronidazole, or something else, is called for. So, if you try the doxy and get no reaction at all, and then try to up the dose a bit, still get no reaction, and then switch to another anti-b, and get no reaction, you probably don't have any issues requiring antibiotic treatment.

I would say that the issue of "bloodlines" might be important here and that those individuals with the bloodlines are probably sick already in some way and it is noticeable and interferes with their lives.

So, if you are generally healthy, have no history to indicate that you need to even try this protocol, then I wouldn't do it. BUT, if you read through the list of conditions/diseases/illnesses that are now being linked to infections, and find your condition/symptoms there, that's another story.

Thank you very much now i understand it better and i want to try. Will inform here about results.

Laura said:
So, are we all supposed to start eating lots of mushrooms?

Hopefully, some of ya'll can read these things and condense the salient points and we can collect together suggestions for various situations/conditions.

I had wanted to add to Gaby's and Hesperidin's responses but my little smartphone can't handle the bulk of text so I have to quote from Laura's.

In another similar article on mushrooms, Dr Mercola additionally emphasized the importance of only eating organic mushroom...

"With all the evidence supporting mushrooms as little powerhouses of potent nutrition, I highly recommend adding some to your diet. They're an excellent addition to any salad and go great with all kinds of meat and fish. "Let food be thy medicine" is good advice indeed, and with mushrooms that is especially true, as they contain some of the most powerful natural medicines on the planet.
Just make sure they're organically grown in order to avoid harmful contaminants that mushrooms absorb and concentrate from soil, air and water. Also, avoid picking mushrooms in the wild unless you are absolutely sure you know what you're picking. There are a number of toxic mushrooms, and it's easy to get them confused unless you have a lot of experience and know what to look for. Growing your own is an excellent option and a far safer alternative to picking wild mushrooms."

I downloaded the Bald's leechbook from the link you provided, Aragorn. Thanks for that. I'll look through it as I have time just to see if there's anything worth noting about killing some of these critters.

SeekinTruth said:
I downloaded the Bald's leechbook from the link you provided, Aragorn. Thanks for that. I'll look through it as I have time just to see if there's anything worth noting about killing some of these critters.

Okay, you could perhaps start from book 3? I've now compiled the most interesting stuff in Book 1, and will post it in a moment.

Okay, I was going to post interesting parts from Bald's Leechbook, Book 1, but I'm compelled to post this first. Because one thing that caught my attention in Bald's Leechbook was 'earthworm', that is mentioned as an ingredient in several diseases that can be considered being caused by bacteria or virus. I looked it up, and at least in Chinese medicine it is used as medicine.

There is quite a lot of research about it:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23427406

OBJECTIVE: To test the in vitro antiviral activity of a crude tissue extract (CTE) from the earthworm Eisenia fetida, determine any effective components in the CTE, and elucidate possible mechanisms of action.

CONCLUSION: The earthworm CTE displayed non-specific antiviral properties, possibly mediated by a combination of proteases, nucleases and lysozymes. Nucleases likely participate in the antiviral process, and degrade the genome of the virus thereby preventing further replication.

Other:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21110430
http://medicine-hygiene.idnwhois.org/article-11594.html
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2013/783971/

And, antimicrobial/bacterial properties:

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/230635810_Antimicrobial_Activity_of_Earthworm_Extracts
Antimicrobial Activity of Earthworm Extracts

ABSTRACT Earthworm plays a major role in the proper functioning of the soil ecosystem. It acts as scavenger and helps in recycling of dead and decayed plant material by feeding on them. Earthworm increases the soil fertility and is often referred to as a farmer's friend. Earthworms have been used in medicine for various remedies. In the present investigation, various solvent extracts of an earthworm, Eudrilus eugeniae were prepared and antimicrobial activity of these extracts were determined by well diffusion method. It was found that 95% ethanol extract of earthworm was potent antibacterial agent against Streptococcus pyogens and antifungal agent against Candida albicans. Petroleum ether extract showed maximum potency against Staphylococcus aureus in comparison to Streptococcus pyogens. Petroleum ether extract was found to possess maximum antifungal activity against Aspergillus niger in comparison to Candida albicans. Against E. coli, ethanol and petroleum ether extract possessed least antibacterial activity. Phosphate buffer extract of earthworm possessed no potency against bacterial and fungal cultures. These studies may lead to the formulation of new antimicrobial drug.

and

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21299431
Abstract
INTRODUCTION:
Earthworms respond to microbial infection through cellular and humoral defense mechanisms such as antimicrobial protein secretions. Most of the humoral defense proteins are synthesized in the skin itself.

MATERIALS AND METHODS:
In the present study, a dried powder was prepared from two indigenous earthworms (Lampito mauritii and Perionyx excavatus) and tested against two gram-positive bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus epidermidis) and five gram-negative bacteria (Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Proteus mirabilis, Proteus vulgaris, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa).

RESULTS:
The dried earthworm powder of two species shows a strong antibacterial activity against the S. aureus, P. mirabilis, and P. aeruginosa bacterial strains. Of these, the 60 μg/mL/disc of P. excavatus earthworm powder shows more activity than the L. mauritii.

and

http://www.ijcmas.com/vol-3-1/A.J.Bhorgin%20and%20K.Uma.pdf
In the present study, various solvent extracts of dried earthworm powder (Lampito mauritii) were prepared and subjected to preliminary screening for antimicrobial activity, which was determined by disc diffusion method. It was found that 95% ethanol extract of earthworm was potent antibacterial agent against Aeromonas hydrophila and antifungal agent against Candida albicans. The petroleum ether and aqueous extract of earthworm powder possessed minimum antifungal activity in comparison with ethanolic extract. These studies may lead to the formulation of new antimicrobial drug.

There seems to be a lot more studies on this, if you want to explore. This is most likely not the "magic bullett", but it makes one curious.

So, I'm sorry, now you guys need to start eating worms! :lol:

Here are the, in my opinion, most interesting parts of Bald's Leechbook, Book 1:

First, the leechdom that was mentioned in the article (in red):
Leech Book 1

[ii] Leechdoms against all tendernesses of the eyes, against mist of the eyes, either of an old or of a young man, and whence that comes, and against white spot and against tears of eyes, and against speck on eyes, against imminutions, and if a man be blear- eyed, against pocks on eyes, and against "figs/'* and against w^orms, or insects; and eye salves of every kind.

16. In case the eyes be tearful, juice of rue, and goats gall and dumbledores honey, of all equal quantitles. If eyes be tearful, add to sweetened wine ashes of harts horn. Work an eye salve for a wen, take cropleek and garlic, of both equal quantities, pound them well together, take wine and bullocks gall, of both equal quantities, mix with the leek, put this then into a brazen vessel, let it stand nine days in the brass vessel, wring out through a cloth and clear it well, put it into a horn, and about night time apply it with a feather to the eye ; the best leechdom.

###

What they used in the recent study:

From: _http://www.treehugger.com/health/anglo-saxon-potion-kills-mrsa-superbug.html
For the "eye salve for a wen" do-over, modern crop varieties of garlic and leeks were passed over for heritage varieties, and the wine came from an organic vintage from a historic English vineyard. Brass vessels were swapped with glass bottles with squares of brass immersed; bullocks gall was easy, oddly enough, as cow bile salts are sold as a supplement for those who have their gallbladders removed. […] The ingredients were not effective until they were all brought together properly – leading the researchers to ponder whether the ingredients work in synergy or if they in fact create new compounds.

[xxxvi] Leechdoms for the disease which is called circle addle or shingles {viral infection that causes a painful rash, caused by the varicella-zoster virus — the same virus that causes chickenpox. After you've had chickenpox, the virus lies inactive in nerve tissue near your spinal cord and brain. Years later, the virus may reactivate as shingles.}

”Against the disease which is hight circle addle or shingles, take quickbeam rind, and aspen and apple tree, maple tree, elder, withy, sallow, myrtle, wich elm, oak, sloe thorn, birch, olive tree, the lotus tree, of ash there shall be most, and a part of each tree which a man can get at (except hawthorn and alder), the largest quantity of the trees which are here written, and also gale and knee holly, that is, butchers hroom, singreen, that is, house leek, helenium, radish, wallwort, the great nettle, wormwood, earthgall. Take then a kettle holding ten ambers, put therein a third part of the rinds and the worts, boil strongly in mashwort, that is, the unfermented wort of beer, if thou have it, if thou have it not, boil strong in water, then remothe rinds, and put new rinds into that same decoction, do so three times, then strain out clean the drink so hot, and then add a basin full of butter so hot, and shake them up together : let this stand two nights or three, then remove the butter, and then take catkins of gale, berry branches of ivy, tansy, and betony, helenium, radish, bonewort, basil, beat together, boil in the butter, then remove the butter clean off the worts, as far as a man may : then take fine barley meal and burnt salt, next make a brewit of them in the butter, and shake it well up without fire, and add pepper, then let the patient eat first the brewit at night fasting. Further after that let him drink the draught and none other liquid for ten nights, for thirty if he can endure it then take mistletoe of the oak, beat it small and dry it, and rub down to meal, then weigh it against one penny, put that into the best wine ; let the sufferer drink this accordingly for nine days, and let him eat neither new cheese, nor fresh goose, nor fresh eel, nor fresh pig, nor augbt of that which cometh of a decoction, nor fishes without shells, nor web footed fowls ; if he eat any of these, let it be salted, and by no means let him drink beer, and wine and ale moderately. If this leechdom be followed then shall the man be hole. Against circle addle or shingles, take dock {???} that will swim, beat it very small, boil in old inspissated wine a good handful, then remove the worts, afterwards add another handful of the same wort, boil again thoroughly, then remove the worts ; then take brimstone, beat it very small, then apply the salve, so that it may be as thick as brewit, then smear the specks with the salve till it be well with him, the patient.”

[xxxix] Leechdoms against erysipelas {bacterial infection of Streptococcus pyogenes} of every kind and fellons, and bone diseases […] the disease called ”fig” {???}. Drinks and salves for all sort of erysipelatous affections. 28 receipts.

1. Here are leechdoms for erysipelatous inflammations of every sort, and fellons, and leg diseases of every sort ; eight and twenty in number.

2. Take leaves of green marche, rub or bruise them with the lees of vinegar, smear with that the sore places. For erysipelas which hath broken into blains, take sour curds, work them to a chalder, and foment with the chalder. For erysipelatous inflammations again, take dregs of beer, and soap, and the white of an egg, and old groats, lay this on against erysipelatous swellings. Against bursting of erysipelatous inflammations, let the man sit in cold water till the sore becometh numbed, then get him up, then strike four scarifying slashes about the pocks on the outside, and let the lymph run as it will. Work thyself a salve thus take brownwort, and marsh gall, or marsh gentian, and red nettle, boil in butter, and smear and bathe with the same worts.

3. For the same, take an earthworm* [Bjorn Haldorson {I'm not sure who this is} mentions this treatment : the earthworm is called A'mumadkr {I couldn't find any references to this species}, because erysipelas is usually cured by it], rub it thoroughly fine, add vinegar to it, bind it on and smear therewith. For the same, take savine, rub to dust, and mingle with honey and smear therewith. For the same, take roasted eggs, mingle with oil, lay on, and foment freely witli leaves of beet. Again, take a calfs sharn, that is clung, or an old bullocks, still warm, and lay it on. Again for this same, take harts shavings, shaven off the fell or skin with pumice, and wash, that is maceraie, with vinegar and smear therewith. Again, take a boars gall, if thou have not that, take gall of another swine, rub and smear with that where it is sore. For that ilk, take a swallows nest, break it away altogether, and burn it with its dung and all, and rub it to dust, mingle witli vinegar and smear therewith. For the same, heat cold water with a hot iron, and bathe frequently with that{I wonder what's the idea behind this?}. For hot erysipelatous humours, take betony, and wormwood, and fennel, rub them into ale, and radish with them, give the mixture to the sick man to drink. For hot erysipelatous humours, take fen ompre, that is water dock {???}, and the small clote, that is, cleavers, boil in goats milk and sup.

{The receipt continues with different variations, the ingredients staying pretty much the same}:

Against hot erysipelatous humours, take horchound, and everlasting, and alexanders, and betony, and celandine, and charlock seed, drink them in wine. A salve : take blooms of elder, and the crop, or bunch or umbel, boil them in butter, and smear therewith ; if it will, that is, if it shew a tendency to form ratten or purulent matter, smear with yolk of egg ; smear over with that, and dry it by gledes, or hot coals, till that it be hard, then wash away and smear again with the salve. For hot erysipelatous eruptions, take dregs of wine, mingle with raw eggs, and with a feather smudge it on, and wash not till the place he hole. For oozing erysipelatous blains, take knee holly, that is, butchers broom, much ere other meat, daily for the wound, and put together bullocks gall, honey, soot; cure therewith. For the same, that is, for the disease called fig {???}, take for a bath that sort of "lust- mock " which beareth crops or flower bunches, and for a salve, burn a wolfs jaw, the left one, and the teeth apart, mingle with honey and smear therewith, and lay on fresh cheese, mingle the other ingredient with milk, sup for three mornings nine sips. For leg disease, that is hot red blains, take nineteen snips of helenium, and nine of " ontre,” {???} and eleven of red sedge, put them in ale and drink much ere than thou eat; and seethe the helenium alone till that it be tender, pound together, smear therewith where the disease may bo striking out. A drink for fellons {???} ; cummin, pepper, costmary, seed of marche, seed of black hellebore, pound well, put into ale. A drink or potion for fellons pound in ale or seethe celandine, and elecampane, bishop wort, githrife. A drink for fellons ; sigsonte, onion, leek, the netherward part of waybroad, boil all in water and sweeten with honey. A drink for that ; take the netherward part of the small cloverwort, boil in ale or in beer. A drink for fellons ; boil in ale fennel, bishop wort, elecampane. A drink for a f'ellon; boil in ale or in beer springwort. A drink again for a fellon ; boil in ale cropleek, penny royal, wormwort.
A drink for fellons ; marche, attorlothe, betony, rue, sedge, " ontre," clote, bishop wort, work them up in ale. Again for fellons, take, to begin, a hazel or an elder stick or spoon, write thy name thereon, cut three scores on the place, fill the name with the blood, throw it over thy shoulder or between thy thighs into running water and stand over the man. Strike the scores,
and do all that in silence. For fellon, catch a fox, strike off from him while quick, that is alive, the tusk, or canine tooth, let the fox run away, bind it in a fawns skin, have it upon thee.

* From: _http://www.e2121.com/herb_db/viewherb.php3?viewid=500&setlang=
Earthworm contains lumbrofebrine, lumbritin and terrestro-lumbrolycin. It also contains nitrogen-containing substances and xanthine, adenine, guanine, choline, etc.

[xl] Leechdoms and drinks and salves for pock disease {smallpox}. 6 receipts

For pock disease,' use " onred," houseleek, the nether part of it, fieldmore[ {???}, the nether part of it; of "onred" an equal quantity, and of the two others by half less of the fieldmore or carrot than of the houseleek, pound them thoroughly together, add so much clear ale as may mount above the worts ; let them stand three nights, administer in the morning a cup full. A drink for pock disease ; boil water in a crock, add honey, skim continually the foam away till it will foam no more ; then sip and drink oft and whilom as thou hottest may, and smear with the honey where it may be breaking out into the pock, soon there will be no mischief. A salve for pock disea,se ; boil in butter singreen, yarrow, githrife, the crop, or flower head, of red nettle. A drink against pocks ; bishop wort, attorlothe, springwort, the nctherward part of clote, or burdock, worked up in ale. Against pocks, a man shall freely employ bloodletting and drink melted butter, a bowl full of it : if they break out one must delve away each one of them with a thorn ; and then let him drip wine or alder drink within them, then they will not be seen, or no traces will remain. Against pocks : take glovewort, boil in butter, and smear therewith.

[xli] Three excellent leechdoms for inward tubercles {as in tuberculosis?} and erysipelas {bacterial infection of Streptococcus pyogenes}

For inward fellon {???}, there is a southern wort hight cynoglosson, which is good to eat against inward fellon, at night fasting. Against inward fellon, boil helenium and lupins in ale, drink a bowl full of the hot infusion. Again, a wort drink from wormwood and betony, and from the rough waybroad or 'plaintain, let him drink it many nights. For the yellow disorder, or jaundice, horehound, bishop wort, tansy, earth ivy, mingle them together, of each employ a good handful, add of mashwort, for an infusion an amber full, and for a stone bath use dithhomar, or "papyrus, horehound, and wormwood. A stone bath; that must he, to use with a stone hath ; let the oimn drink a drink from ompre or sorrel {no idea what these are}, from wine and from water ; sweeten thoroughly.

[li_] Leechdoms against worms which eat mans flesh. {could this mean necrotizing fasciitis of a streptococcus bacteria?}

Against worms which eat a mans flesh ; pound into new ale, before it be strained, the party coloured ram gall [Menyanthes trifoliata], give the running over to drink for three nights. Again, take groundsel which waxeth on the earth, and sheeps grease, mingle thein together, alike much in qatntlty, lay on. Again, take an ear of beer or barley, singe it, lay it on so hot, and hot water, leave it on. Against flesh worms; take mans sorrel, boil the leaves together, spread them out on the grass, then pound them, lay them on, as thou hottest may endure them.

[lix] Leechdoms for paralysis, that is in English, lyft addle, and for "neurisn." Three.

Against palsy {paralysis} ; take a cup full of boiling water, another of oil, and of white salt so much as one may pick up with four fingers ; shake together till that it be all one : drink all this by drops, rest awhile, poke thy finger into the gullet, spew up again all and more if thou may ; then in the morning let blood from the arm or from the neck, as much as he ' may bear ; and scarify and let him put something on, then after all smear with hot oil and let him taste a trifle of salt; employ gladden and everfern picked high up on the tree, and cover over with nesh wool all the scarifications when they have been smeared. Against ”neurisn" {some sort of paralysis} put bonewort into sour cream, and into honey, mingle together with this the yolk of an egg, smear therewith. Again, pound up earthworms, apply them.

[lxi] Leechdoms for a pain in the joints, and for the lubricating secretion at the joints… 14 receipts.

1. Against racking pain in the joints, pound lithwortSambucus ebulus with honey, or chew it and lay it on. Again, burn thoroughly the head bone or skull of a wolf{LOL! Minerals?} and pound it small, sift it through a cloth, put it on the wound. Against pain in the joints, pound wormwood with tar and fen cress, wring out the juice, mingle together, stick the residue upon the joint where the sore is, bind it on fast. For the synovia of the joints, silverweed, brownwort, and the little harewort [Lepidium?], it oftenest waxeth in a garden, it hath white blossoms, pound the three worts, mingle them, that is a good salve. With many men the synovia of the joints oozeth out, wring on the spot the juice of an apple, and shave very small some shavings of horn, crumble them on the wound within it, remove that and ever apply the same anew. For the synovia of the joints, burn lithwort [Sambucus ebulus], houndshead, and pound them up with roasted apple ; mingle all that together, apply it. Again, take a sour apple, roast and lay it on ; apply groats over above the apple.

2. For the synovia of the joints, take maythe, mingle it with honey, apply it to the wound and bind it fast. For the secretion of the joints, take oak rind and dry it and work it to a fine flour or smede, and further sloethorn rind, the netherward part of it, sift them through a cloth, and shed that on the wound. For synovia of the joints, take kettle soot and barley halm, burn and rub them together, and shed on. If the synovia run out, take the netherward part of marche and honey, and the smede of wheaten meal, and the bowels of an ear wig, rub them together, and lay on. Again, take the netherward part of meadowwort, pound it small, mingle with honey, lay on till it be mended.

3. If the synovia run out, take vinegar and sour crumbs of a barley loaf, and earthworms, mingle together, and bind on ; wet the joint with vinegar or with sour ale. If the synovia run out, take wormwood and pound it, put it on tar, plaster it on, and bind it on fast.

[lxii] Leechdoms for fever, to heal it; drinks for that […] against typhus

1. For fever disease ; pound in ale lupins, githrife, waybroad, let it stand for two nights, administer to drink. For fever again ; let him drink betony much, and eat three bits of it. Again, drink in clear ale wormwood, githrife, betony, bishopwort, fen mint, rosemary, the clove rooted wenwort, marrubium, drink for thirty days. A drink for that, betony, springwort, attorlothe, vervain, everthroat, houndstongue, dwarf dwosle, wormwood. For a tertian fever, let the sick drink in warm water ten sups of betony, when the fever is approaching. For a quartan fever, let him drink juice of waybroad in sweetened water two hours before the fever will to him. For a quotidian fever, let him drink in cold water so much of the dust of betony as may weigh a penny ; as much more of waybroad.

2. For fever again it helpeth, to drink marrubium alone. For lent addle, or typhus fever, work to a drink wormwood, everthroat, lupin, waybroad, ribwort, chervil, attorlothe, feverfue, alexanders, bishopwort, lovage, sage, cassock, in foreign ale ; add holy water and spring wort.

And just for the fun of it ;) , lastly:

[Ixiii]

For a fiend sick man, or demoniac, when a devil possesses the man or controls him from within with disease ; a spew drink, or emetic, lupin, bishopwort, henbane, cropleek ; pound these together, add ale for a liquid, let it stand for a night, add fifty libcorns, or cathartic grains, and holy water. A drink for a fiend sick man, to be drunk out of a church bell ; githrife, cynoglossum, yarrow, lupin, betony, attorlothe, cassock, flower de luce, fennel, church lichen, lichen, of Christs mark or cross, lovage ; work up the drink off clear ale, sing seven masses over the worts, add garlic and
holy water, and drip the drink into every drink which he will subsequently drink, and let him sing the psalm, Beati immaculati, and Exurgat, and Salvum me fac, dens, and then let him drink the drink out of a church bell, and let the mass priest after the drink sing this over him, Domine, sancte pater omnipotens.' For a lunatic; costmary, goutweed, lupin, betony, attorlothe, cropleek, field gentian, hove, fennel; let masses be sung over, let it be wrought of foreign ale and of holy water ; let him drink this drink for nine mornings, at every one fresh, and no other liquid that is thick and still, and let him give alms, and earnestly pray God for his mercies. For the phrenzied {???}; bishopwort, lupin,bonewort, everfern [Polypodium vulgare], githrife, elecampane, when day and night divide, then sing thou in the church litanies, that is, the names of the hallows or saints, and the Pater- noster ; with the song go thou, that thou mayest be near the worts, and go thrice about them, and when thou takest them go again to church with the same song, and sing twelve masses over them, and over all the drinks which belong to the disease, in honour of the twelve apostles.

On antivirals available for oral route...

Aciclovir

_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aciclovir

Aciclovir (INN, BAN) /eɪˈsaɪklɵvɪər/ or acyclovir (USAN, former BAN), is a guanosine analogue antiviral medication.[2] It is primarily used for the treatment of herpes simplex virus infections, chickenpox and shingles.[2] Other uses include prevention of cytomegalovirus infections following transplant and infections due to Epstein-Barr virus.[2]

Potentially serious side effects include kidney dysfunction and low platelets.[2] Common side effects include nausea and diarrhea.[2] Greater care is recommended in those with poor liver or kidney function.[2] It is generally considered safe for use in pregnancy with no harms having been observed.[2][3][...]

Aciclovir is active against most species in the herpesvirus family. In descending order of activity:[29][30]

Herpes simplex virus type I (HSV-1)
Herpes simplex virus type II (HSV-2)
Varicella zoster virus (VZV)
Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) – least activity

Resistance

Resistance to aciclovir is rare, but is more common in patients on chronic antiviral prophylaxis (transplant recipients, people with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome due to HIV infection). Mechanisms of resistance in HSV include deficient viral thymidine kinase; and mutations to viral thymidine kinase or DNA polymerase, altering substrate sensitivity.[31]

Pros:

1) It is widely available and relatively cheap. A box with 35 pills of 800mg can cost something between 50-80 euros.
2) It is active against most herpes family viruses, our main target.

Cons:

1) It would be 800mg every 4 hours (#5 doses per day) for one or two weeks. Most will find that difficult to comply or accommodate with the rest of the protocol.
2) Not so good for latent infections in ganglia.

Valaciclovir

_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valaciclovir

Valaciclovir (INN) or valacyclovir (USAN) is an antiviral drug used in the management of herpes simplex, herpes zoster (shingles), and herpes B. It is a prodrug, being converted in vivo to aciclovir. [...]

Mechanism of action

Valaciclovir is a prodrug, an esterified version of aciclovir that has greater oral bioavailability (about 55%) than aciclovir (10–20%). It is converted by esterases to the active drug aciclovir, as well as the amino acid valine, via hepatic first-pass metabolism. Aciclovir is selectively converted into a monophosphate form by viral thymidine kinase, which is far more effective (3000 times) in phosphorylation of aciclovir than cellular thymidine kinase. Subsequently, the monophosphate form is further phosphorylated into the active triphosphate form, aciclo-GTP, by cellular kinases. Aciclo-GTP is a very potent inhibitor of viral DNA polymerase; it has approximately 100 times higher affinity to viral than cellular polymerase. Its monophosphate form also incorporates into the viral DNA, resulting in chain termination. It has also been shown that the viral enzymes cannot remove aciclo-GMP from the chain, which results in inhibition of further activity of DNA polymerase. Aciclo-GTP is fairly rapidly metabolised within the cell, possibly by cellular phosphatases.[2]

Microbiology

Aciclovir, the active metabolite of valaciclovir, is active against most species in the herpesvirus family. In descending order of activity:[3]

Herpes simplex virus type I (HSV-1)
Herpes simplex virus type II (HSV-2)
Varicella zoster virus (VZV)
Epstein–Barr virus (EBV)
Cytomegalovirus (CMV)

The drug is predominantly active against HSV, and to a lesser extent VZV. It is only of limited efficacy against EBV and CMV; however, valacyclovir has recently been shown to lower or eliminate the presence of the Epstein–Barr virus in subjects afflicted with acute mononucleosis, leading to a significant decrease in the severity of symptoms.[4][5][6] It is inactive against latent viruses in nerve ganglia[citation needed].

To date,[when?] resistance to valaciclovir has not been clinically significant. Mechanisms of resistance in HSV include deficient viral thymidine kinase, and mutations to viral thymidine kinase and/or DNA polymerase, altering substrate sensitivity.[7]

It also is used for herpes B virus postexposure prophylaxis.

Pros

1) Same pros as aciclovir and it has a higher bio-availability, it works better.
2) A box with 21 pills of 1 gram can cost around 56 euros. A box with 42 pills of 500mg costs around 56 euros.
3) Dose: 1 gram three times per day for one or two weeks.

Cons

1) Not so good for latent infections in ganglia.

Famciclovir

_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famciclovir

Famciclovir (INN) /fæmˈsaɪklɵvɪər/ is a guanosine analogue antiviral drug used for the treatment of various herpesvirus infections, most commonly for herpes zoster (shingles). It is a prodrug form of penciclovir with improved oral bioavailability.

Famciclovir is indicated for the treatment of herpes zoster (shingles),[3] treatment of herpes simplex virus 2 (genital herpes),[4] herpes labialis (cold sores) in immunocompetent patients[5] and for the suppression of recurring episodes of herpes simplex virus 2. It is also indicated for treatment of recurrent episodes of herpes simplex in HIV patients.

Early Treatment

Several studies in humans and mice provide evidence that early treatment with famciclovir soon after the first infection with herpes can significantly lower the chance of future outbreaks. Use of famciclovir in this manner has been shown to reduce the amount of latent virus in the neural ganglia compared to no treatment or treatment with valaciclovir.[7][8][9] A review of human subjects treated for five days with famciclovir 250 mg three times daily during their first herpes episode found that only 4.2 percent experienced a recurrence within six months after the first outbreak, a fivefold decrease compared to the 19 percent recurrence in acyclovir-treated patients.[10] Neither drug affected latency if treatment was delayed for several months.[11] Despite these promising results, early famciclovir treatment for herpes in this or similar dosage regimes has yet to find mainstream adoption.[dubious – discuss] As a result, some doctors and patients have opted for off-label use. One suggested regime is famciclovir at 10–20 mg/kg per day for 5–14 days, with treatment to commence as soon as possible after the first herpes infection (not the first symptoms or outbreak), and the most effective time for initiating treatment to be five days or less after the first herpes infection.[citation needed]

Suppression

Famvir (famciclovir) vs Valtrex (valaciclovir) clinical trials done in 1997 found that long-term treatment with valaciclovir was more effective than famciclovir at suppressing latent viral shedding of Herpes, but the research was not released for 10 years by the funder, the owner of Famvir.[12][13][14]

We are more interested in activity against latent viruses in ganglia and not necessarily active infections. This suppressed study on viral shedding of herpes refers to an active infection. Here is an editorial on the relevant study:

Are the Antiherpes Nucleosides Really All the Same?
_http://www.problemsinanes.com/pt/re/std/fulltext.00007435-200609000-00002.htm;jsessionid=VvcWvjmZrYw3xxpXQZ0pwzwbJn0fv23cVhzbPpyCSlKGDH4JY7cj!1091540850!181195628!8091!-1

In many cases, patients with recurrent genital herpes are placed on suppressive therapy to reduce symptoms. From the patient's perspective, the important parameter is the presence of clinical disease and not the viral culture.

The results in the viral shedding study were more notable with subjects shedding on 3.2% of days while receiving daily famciclovir and on 1.3% of days while receiving daily valacyclovir. Viral shedding in this study was measured by polymerase chain reaction. Although the differential virologic effect of the 2 drugs seems clear, the clinical implications are less so. Viral shedding of HSV is associated with transmission to a susceptible partner, and it is tempting to speculate that valacyclovir might have a greater impact than famciclovir on sexual transmission of HSV. However, as the suppression study illustrates, virologic effects do not always translate into clinically meaningful results.

There was nothing on its activity against cytomegalovirus on wiki, but I found this reference:

Penciclovir and Famciclovir from "Treatment of Infectious Diseases" by Sherwood L. Gorbach, John G. Bartlett, Neil R. Blacklow

_https://books.google.es/books?id=91altE1evAsC&pg=PA306&lpg=PA306&dq=famciclovir+active+against+cytomegalovirus&source=bl&ots=B2ttwvtHcl&sig=ywnDMNUx8PCqKbqdOIH3wnKTP-k&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CEYQ6AEwBWoVChMIjoCplq3vxgIVx9UUCh06UgAo#v=onepage&q=famciclovir%20active%20against%20cytomegalovirus&f=false

Penciclovir, like acyclovir, is relatively inactive against CMV and EBV. Penciclovir is also active against hepatitis B virus.

Pros

1) Active against most herpes family viruses, our main target, just like aciclovir and vanciclovir. Some activity against hepatitis B virus.
2) A box with 21 pills of 500mg can cost around 131 euros. A box with 21 pills of 250mg costs around 68 euros.
3) Dose: 500mg three times per day for one or two weeks.
4) Active against latent viruses in ganglia.

Cons

None that I can see for a pharmaceutical of this kind.

All these drugs are pricey, so I'm not considering the price as a con. Those who are prohibitively expensive are not listed here, they're available mostly as vials for parenteral use.

I think it is fair to say that whatever is available, would do. But I think famciclovir should be the first choice for the protocol as Garth Nicolson suggested. Well, as an option to ganciclovir which is for the most part only available in vials for IV use (5 vials cost 145 euros).

Famciclovir was better against latent neuronal infections in preliminary studies with rats, and this is one of the main concerns in these "parasitic" infections. Actually, it seems it is the only one available for oral route which is active against latent infections in ganglia. Here is one of the referenced wiki articles on this activity :

_http://jgv.sgmjournals.org/content/journal/jgv/10.1099/0022-1317-81-10-2385?crawler=true&mimetype=application/pdf

We have observed similar increased numbers of latently infected neurons in VACV [valaciclovir] treated mice previously (e.g. Table 6 in Thackray & Field, 1998). Since this appears to be reproducible, it may reflect the
sparing of infected neurons in the presence of ACV [aciclovir] such that an increased number of latently infected neurons survive the primary infection. It is unlikely that the increase simply reflects the increased survival of mice that received therapy, since the excess was observed only for VACV and not with FCV [famciclovir]
therapy

So in order of preference:

1) Famciclovir
500mg three times per day for one or two weeks.
2) Valaciclovir
1 gram three times per day for one or two weeks.
3) Aciclovir
800mg every 4 hours (#5 doses per day) for one or two weeks

I've been doing a little research on the subject of parasites, I found, in Spanish, the recommendation that when subjected to a desparacitación, it is advisable to take "ornithine" that due to the generation of toxins, including ammonia and ornithine function as a neutralizer.

author said:
Ornithine reacts with ammonia, "absorbing" like a sponge, which would explain its sedative effect in these cases.

Assumptions about how it works

It has been observed that after killing parasites that produce ammonia, sleep improves. Our metabolism does not produce ammonia, but urea, which is excreted by the kidneys along with water (which is what we call urine). When we parasites, our metabolism is loaded ammonia manufactured by parasites. We have to turn it into urea in the liver so that it can be excreted through the kidneys. This conversion can not be done in the brain, as it lacks an essential enzyme, ornithine carbamyl transferase. It is known that ammonia is a strong brain irritant.

Although evidence is scarce, there are L-ornithine supplements are taken before bedtime in order to induce or improve sleep. L-ornithine is also associated with the body's production of human growth hormone, which increases during sleep.

Is possible to do a little more research, this is all I've found, I think it could help in the protocol. :/

I'm perhaps playing left field here, but I thought this was interesting regarding earthworms:

_http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/earthnews/6254335/Earthworms-come-out-above-humans-and-dinosaurs-in-table-of-top-100-species.html

Earthworms come out above humans and dinosaurs in table of top 100 species

The humble earthworm has been ranked above dinosaurs, bacteria and even mankind in a new league table of the most successful 100 species on Earth. Traditionally those animals and plants that have most benefited humans have been considered the most important to science. However, a new book looks at the whole history of the Earth and all its life forms to judge which are most successful. The top 100 includes sea squirts, the honey bee, black pepper and dung beetles. It also includes unpleasant but powerful life forms such as the HIV virus, mosquitoes, slime mould and herpes.

Christopher Lloyd, the author of the book, said he wanted to show the evolution of life in a "jargon free way" from loose strands of amoeba billions of years ago right up to elephants and the latest strain of influenza. To rank species he judged each life form on longevity, the impact it has had on the planet, evolutionary success and geographical spread. The earthworm, which has been around for 600 million years, is spread across the earth and provides a basic biological model for many other species including humans came out top.

Human beings lose points for our relatively recent arrival to the evolutionary story, coming in at number six. Algae, which is responsible for providing the oxygen upon which other species rely, comes in second followed by three forms of bacteria that also make it possible for other life forms to thrive. Mr Lloyd pointed out that earthworms have survived five extinction events and make human civilisation possible by ploughing and fertilising the soil.

"There is no reason that humans should be top of the list just because we think we are the most powerful. We have only been here for about 160,000 years compared to 600 million years for the direct ancestor of earthworms and our impact on the environment is relatively recent," he said.

"It is a vital message to get across – to see the history of life in the context of science and biology as well as human culture – because we depend on earthworms and all other species on the list for our own lives and need to work with nature in future."

What on Earth Evolved? has been published to coincide with the 150th anniversary of Charles Darwin's Origin of the Species.

The top 10 species are:
1. Earthworms
2. Algae
3. Cyanobacteria
4. Rhizobia
5. Lactobacillus
6. Homo sapiens
7. Stony corals
8. Yeast
9. Influenza
10. Penicillium

In case of no Herx reactions on doxycycline, the following will have to be kept in mind.

All the vademecums don't adjust the doxycycline dose according to weight for adults. Every one takes the same, which is actually less than this protocol suggests. Standard doxy dose is 200mg per day.

However, for children, the dose is adjusted according to weight in the vademecums. Found this reference:

_http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/doxycycline-oral-route/proper-use/drg-20068229

The dose is usually 4.4 milligrams (mg) per kilogram (kg) of body weight per day and divided into two doses on the first day of treatment. This is followed by 2.2 mg per kg of body weight per day, taken as a single dose or divided into two doses on the following days.

So for this protocol, higher doses are kept all the way through for ALL pharmaceuticals. So it would be 4.4 mg per kg per day divided in two doses for the 6 months.

I posted yesterday in this thread a reference where as much as 600mg of doxycycline was suggested for this protocol. I think it is rational to keep the 300mg dose mark and those who are big and don't have Herx reactions with that dose should then adjust the dose according to their weight. For example, if you weight 120kg, then 120*4.4= 528mg per day in two doses.

Garth Nicolson suggests 200 or 300 mg per day of doxycycline. We settled for 300mg, but it is reasonable to say that if you are skinny and small, you can settle for 200mg per day in two doses.

If you are big and didn't had Herx reactions with 300mg per day, you can adjust your dose. In the example above, if it is 528mg per day, I would settle for 600mg per day divided in two doses (if tolerated!), erring for a higher dose.

Keep in mind that doxy is hard to tolerate. 600mg might be the highest dose that could be tolerated.

Sorry for reposting this from the other thread, but I think that this book would/could be of great importance. It seems like this researcher has collected everything available about Rife-tehnologies, and information related to this. I've started reading the sample (see below), and it appears very interesting. I'm considering buying the eBook, but the claim that the file is only Windows-compatible makes me hesitate (I have a Mac).

The Rife Handbook of Frequency Therapy and Holistic Health by Nenah Sylver PhD (2011)

ISBN Number: 97809818075-1-5
Book size: 8.5" x 11" (22.5 x 28.7 x 4.6 cm)
Page count: 768
Hardcover (quite expensive): $266.65

Link: http://amzn.com/B00NICQN12

She has also a web page, where you can buy the book in digital form (I'm not sure why she says that the PDF files are only Windows compatible: Secure-eBook for Windows, 37 MB):

_http://www.nenahsylver.com/index.html

You can read quite a few pages as a sample, here:

_http://www.nenahsylver.com/files/Sample_Rife_Handbook_2011.pdf

I just went to the page _https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_diseases_associated_with_infectious_pathogens and found that it has been deleted. Why are we not surprised? :mad: Luckily, one can still read it in Google archive or in this thread.

Bobo08 said:
I just went to the page _https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_diseases_associated_with_infectious_pathogens and found that it has been deleted. Why are we not surprised? :mad: Luckily, one can still read it in Google archive or in this thread.

It looks like the entry author has taken it down to fix some errors -- the temporary URL is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bfpage/List_of_human_diseases_associated_with_infectious_pathogens

Thank you so much to everyone who participates in this thread ; for this incredible work. Those informations are priceless.

I've read the thread and i think i understood the main point. In my mind came thought :

- could it be possible to do the protocol, or a part of it, using nebulization ? For some medication, correct me if i'm wrong, it has been showed
best effect of antibiotics, in addition of lower dose needed to be used. Maybe it could be a good thing for those who had kidney failure to not take doxy. orally ?

The constraint could be to find the purest molecule, without excipient. If it's possible, what about mix of antbiotics and dmso in nebulizer ?

Thank you again to all the testimonies.

Hello!

I see that there are a number of proposed products / modes that can be used for combating parasites such as: metranidazol, allopurninol, doxycycline, Neem, mushrooms, pro-biotics, vitamin c, baking soda etc.
One thing what I have realized is that that toxic products from dead viruses/bacteria are dangerous and can damage our body. So, I was thinking and realize that maybe we have answer on that problem. And answer is so simple, that it is funny.
Several months ago I was visited by business partner who was searching for possible business cooperation with company where I work. Unfortunately we don’t work with him, but I have become very interested in all information which he bring to me. I stayed in contact with him, so I have privilege to see and hear some information which others didn't.
His product has name Zeolite (for agriculture is Calcite.) This is maybe a year old products, because new factory was opened and they are staring with new technology in Istria (Croatia).
Why I am telling about this product, because I saw how it can cure the cancer of skin (melanom), how it can cure badsores and other damages of skin/tissue, how it cure breasts cancer, how it defend potato from insects (potato beetle – Leptinotarsa decemlineata) by not killing just diverse bugs.
Owner from this company showed enlarged pictures of rats which were in study with radiation treatment. Radiation destroys blood vessels in brain tissue. Because there is no circulation of blood, brain die soon. Rat treated with Zeolit had 3 times larger dose of radiation and he was still alive. There was question: how it survive? Answer was: Zeolite in tissue has ability to bind red red blood cells and it looks like aircraft carrier. I saw picture, and it was astonish for me.
He (owner) told me that Japanese throwing zeolit on Fukushima region, because Zeolit has excellent adsorbing radiation characteristics. I Hope that zeolit is working in that way.
Here are some information what Zeolit is, how they produce it, what he can do.
Owner of that company drink every morning one spoon of Zeolit dispersed in glass of water.

Zeolite is powder made from volcanic rock. It absorbs mycotoxins, or bind them to itself through bowel tract expels them from the body.
The hazardous substances that are eliminated by zeolite are mycotoxins, aflatoxin and as very toxic subspecies of mycotoxins, which is associated with gastric cancer, kidney and liver. Aflatoxins are rapidly multiplying the negative impact of radiation, since radioactive radiation destroys the beneficial bacteria that normally control the development of aflatoxin.
In the study, Duke University in the U.S. proved that zeolite has a property cleaners in removing heavy metals, especially lead, mercury, cadmium, and arsenic, as well as pesticides, herbicides, PCBs, mycotoxins, aflatoxin and other toxins that are in causal connection with the appearance of a series various diseases, including cancer and neurological disorders like Alzheimer, autism and dementia.
Natural volcanic mineral is fragmented with micronization process into nano particles by vibrotecnology (patent process). Product is nano powder, which is so small that can enter the body and cells. 100% of particles are under 5 microns. Particles has increasing reactivity and adsorbing abilities. Particle activation starts with specific range of vibration and and than we have electrostatic charge change. Scientific evidence are based on many years of scientific research. Studies prove fascinating evidence of act of activated particles.

There is 3 programs of product:
1) Soil – absorbs heavy metals from earth and residues (pesticide) leftover from previous soil processing, improves soil pH respecting the growth culture, helps regulate soil moisture level during vegetation
2) Fito program (organic pesticide) – boost immune system of plants from germination to harvest, improves quality produsts and culture (nutrient improvement), significantly reduces the use of chemicals, saving water, extends the life of products, restores taste of fruits and vegetable, premature ripening, increases ion exchange capacity, eliminates mycotoxins and dioxins
3) Animal nutrition – busting immune system, toxin adsorption, micro organism adsorption (bacteria, viruses), stimulating of antioxidants enzymes, stimulates stronger bones, efficient conversion, increased appetite and body weight, reduce ammonia, adsorption of hydrogen sulfide, increase ion exchange capacity, significant drugs reduction, elimination of mycotoxins and dioxin
Third product is very interesting. Please look what he is doing in animal body.

Technological procedures using technologies are based on the function of new constructed vibro-machine with applications in the field of grinding (crushing) substances. The process of grinding takes place under specially dynamic conditions, and this procedure leads to significant changes not only the particle size, but even their energy status and increase their reaction capabilities, ie their activation.

•Zeoliteis 100% natural mineral that the human body recognizes as its own substance.
•Zeolite clinoptilolite has a cage structure with a strong negative charge that attracts and adsorbs heavy metals, dangerous carcinogenic toxins, organic toxins and other harmful substances
•It is absolutely safe and nontoxic, no lethal or toxic dose, no adverse contraindications, side effects or interactions with other pharmacological or Phytopharmacologic substances. Zeoliteis not addictive, does not accumulate in the organs are entirely eliminated from the body.
scientists in the field of quantum medicine state that the zeolitein aqueous solution generates an electromagnetic field that acts on the bioelectric potential of the cell.

This is web site from this new company: _http://www.viridisfarm.com/index.php

I hope that I give to you one weapon more for fight with parasites.

light worker :)

Back
Top Bottom