Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Vaccines

SeekinTruth said:
What occurs to me is that a very important point to make in informing people about this manditory vaccination issue is that if the vaccines protect those that are vaccinated, then why force those who do not want to be vaccinated to get the vaccination? Only those who do not get the vaccination would be in danger, those who got vaccinated have nothing to worry about catching anything from those who did not, if the official claims about vaccinations were true. So perhaps this should be an important point to be made in our stance against forced vaccinations.

Not that I don't agree with you, but I think the usual counter to this argument is the "accepted" theory of herd immunity:

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

[quote author=Wikipedia]Herd immunity (or community immunity) describes a type of immunity that occurs when the vaccination of a portion of the population (or herd) provides protection to unprotected individuals.[1] Herd immunity theory proposes that, in diseases passed from person-to-person, it is more difficult to maintain a chain of infection when large numbers of a population are immune. The higher the proportion of individuals who are immune, the lower the likelihood that a susceptible person will come into contact with an infected individual.

The proportion of immune individuals in a population above which a disease may no longer persist is the herd immunity threshold. Its value varies with the virulance of the disease, the efficacy of the vaccine, and the contact parameter for the population.[3] No vaccine offers complete protection, but the spread of disease from person to person is much higher in those who remain un-vaccinated.[4] It is the general aim of those involved in public health to establish herd immunity in most populations. Complications arise when wide spread vaccination is not possible or when vaccines are rejected by a part of the population. As of 2009[update], herd immunity is compromised in some areas for some vaccine-preventable diseases, including pertussis and measles and mumps, due in part to parental refusal of vaccination.
[/quote]

So I think one must poke a hole in the theory of Herd Immunity before their argument is taken seriously. At least expect this argument to come up if you use it in a comment posting debate or something.

Of course Herd Immunity doesn't explain why so many of the diseases seen in the early part of last century started to decline before any vaccines were introduced.

Ryan

Laura said:
So, I guess that the answer of what to do is:

Create your own blog and post articles or excerpts and commentary on articles that expose what you are exercised over. Writing a bit every day can really give you a way to creatively express yourself. And, at the same time, leave comments on other blogs, and in forums. You can also have a link to sott (or not, depending on your strategy), and just generally get active!

Thank you incredibly much for those recent posts, Laura!

As a result of this, I have already created a flexible template for posting to certain places where it would appear to be appropriate. (Not by itself, of course...just a little typing saver) to use along with other activity.

Example:

[quote author=template]
Hey [name of blogger being addressed],

Y'know on July 5th, an article was published that very clearly revealed that the Israeli Foreign Ministry (“the department of explanation”) started a program of direct dialogues with the public. It's being described the same as "compensated commercial talkback", and its purpose is to deliberately fool people into thinking that ordinary people are out there writing Pro-Israel "responses that will look personal but [will be] based on a prepared list of messages that the Foreign Ministry developed.” As quoted, “They sent us pages with ‘taking points’ and a great many video clips.

Are you one of those recruited 'talkbackers'? And if you are, could you be honest about it? A physics genius (Richard Feynman) once said that if you really understand something, you can explain it in many different ways. So, why does your 'position' on this issue sound like the same 'ol propaganda you can read in so many other places?

Referenced article:_http://www.kibush.co.il/show_file.asp?num=34520[/quote]

In case anyone is wondering "What good do you think that will do?", the answer is: I'm not sure because I'm not anticipating anything...I'm looking to learn from the results.

Thanks again!

Hi RyanX,

I like personally like your letter. I was even going to suggest, if you want to further explain to people the side effect issue, is that you could always point out the prescription drugs we have out there now. Solve one problem and create more! Many commercials tell people that side effects range from headaches to mild strokes and heart attacks so that should be nothing new to even someone whom hasn't considered this before. All in all tho, I thought it was very informative and should give people pause for thought.

Pete02 said:
Hi RyanX,

I like personally like your letter. I was even going to suggest, if you want to further explain to people the side effect issue, is that you could always point out the prescription drugs we have out there now. Solve one problem and create more! Many commercials tell people that side effects range from headaches to mild strokes and heart attacks so that should be nothing new to even someone whom hasn't considered this before. All in all tho, I thought it was very informative and should give people pause for thought.

Thanks Pete. I'll consider adding something about the comparison between vaccines and prescription drugs. Both medical modalities basically do the same thing, treat symptoms and create long term problems that necessitate more medical intervention. It is THE modus operandi of a sufficiently ponerized health care system.

Ryan

I'm not sure if this post deserves to be under this thread or under a separate one in the news discussion forum.

Anyways, this article recently posted on SOTT, they mention that kids this year will be required to get 4 shots when entering school this fall! :scared:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/189185-School-kids-may-have-to-get-up-to-4-flu-shots-in-the-fall

School children who have never had a flu shot may need to get vaccinated four times in the fall - twice for seasonal flu, twice for pandemic swine flu - officials at the CDC told health professionals on Wednesday. Most everyone else should expect three shots.

What struck me as interesting here is the repeated application of a single shot. This reminded me of a similar article I had encountered awhile back when doing vaccine research. The article was about how birth control hormones were discovered in a tetanus shot given to women in the Philippines. They make the point to mention that these women were told they needed to have up to 3 consecutive shots applied within a 3 month period. Here is what the article says:

_http://www.lizmichael.com/tetanus.htm

The Known Facts

Here are the known facts concerning the tetanus vaccination campaigns in Mexico and the Philippines:

* Only women are vaccinated, and only the women between the ages of 15 and 45. (In Nicaragua the age range was 12-49.) But aren't men at least as likely as young women to come into contact with tetanus? And what of the children? Why are they excluded?

* Human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) hormone has been found in the vaccines. It does not belong there -- in the parlance of the O.J. Simpson murder trial, the vaccine has been "contaminated."

* The vaccination protocols call for multiple injections -- three within three months and a total of five altogether. But, since tetanus vaccinations provide protection for ten years or more, why are multiple inoculations called for?(3)

* WHO has been actively involved for more than 20 years in the development of an anti-fertility vaccine utilizing hCG tied to tetanus toxoid as a carrier -- the exact same coupling as has been found in the Mexican-Philippine-Nicaragua vaccines.(4)

In the footnotes, here is the conversation they reference for (3):

(3) A call placed by this writer on 5 May 1995 to the Montgomery County (Maryland) Health Department, Epidemology Division -- Infectious Diseases -- Adult Immunizations, elicited the following information:

Q. For how long a time does the tetanus vaccination offer protection?
A. 10 years.
Q. Have you ever heard of any adult requiring three tetanus vaccinations within a 3 or 4 month time period, and a total of 5 vaccinations in all within a year or so?
A. Whaaaat! Never. No way!

This upcoming mass vaccination plan for Swine flu and this incident in the Phillipines seem awfully similar. Is there something about these repeated doses of of a vaccine that is intended to illicit a certain physiological effect - either birth control or otherwise?

Ryan

I saw my homeopath today and he told me some interesting news though I have been unable to corroborate it as yet. According to him, 3 months ago the FDA suspended all US homeopathy labs from using vaccines to make nosodes for remedies. He said it was still permitted in the UK so they would get their nosodes for vaccine damage from England. Wonder how long that will be available?

Below are some excerpts of an article from the National Center for Homeopathy's website by Mexican homeopaths with some swine flu observations and prophylaxis suggestions _http://nationalcenterforhomeopathy.org/articles/view,99

Observations on the Mexican Flu 2009

Introduction
This study is based on observations made during the influenza epidemic in Mexico in 1918, as well as those noticed due to the infection with the virus of the swine flu, also called the A(H1N1) influenza virus, during the month of April and May 2009 in Mexico City. Its object is to inform other homeopaths about the characteristic symptoms of the current epidemic and about the most indicated remedies for its homeopathic treatment and prevention.

This document is principally based on the thesis written by Dr. Manuel Mazari to obtain his qualification at the Escuela Libre de Homeopatía de México: “Short study of the last influenza epidemic in Mexico City (1918)”,as well as reports published by the Ministry of Health, news published in the media in general and some clinical cases mentioned by homeopathic physicians. Mexico City has a population of about 23,000,000 inhabitants, so the number of approximately 2.000 disease cases is relatively small, and not all homeopaths have experienced treating one of these patients.

The symptoms are practically the same as in the epidemic at the beginning of the 20th century. Only two new symptoms could be confirmed: fear of death, and the appearance of high fever in the beginning of the disease. The time of the year is also the same, being the spring, even if the most difficult time for influenza in 1918 was the autumn.

The traditional medical literature mentions that this virus was the causative agent of the influenza epidemics in (1918 -1919), (1933-1935), (1946-1947), (1977-1978). Therefore this literature is the most reliable source we can rely on until now.

In this particular disease, as in the great majority of such diseases, early diagnosis, immediate professional attention and especially prevention and no self-medication, are basic and essential to avoid complications which can be fatal. We hope that the experience of these Mexican homeopaths will benefit other homeopaths around the whole world...

PROPHYLAXIS

1. Homeopathic remedies

a. BAPTISIA TINCTOREA

b. INFLUENZINUM

c. ARSENICUM ALBUM

HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT

In homeopathy there are no specific medicines for a particular nosological picture (for which the most common symptoms are taken into account). But in epidemics, due to the common causative agent, susceptibility of the population in this particular moment, and the repetition of symptoms, a group of the most useful remedies can be deduced. The remedies determined in this way are called the “Genius epidemicus”. They consist of a group of medicines with symptoms most similar to those presented by most patients suffering this flu.

For homeopathic treatment is it necessary to take into account the degree of reaction of the patient and the symptoms with which the disease manifests itself. We considered this and the symptoms observed during the last epidemic (1918) to find the similar remedy. We used the following remedies with success:

Aconitum napellus, Actea racemosa, Allium cepa, Ammonium phosphoricum, Antimonium tartaricum, Arnica montana, Arsenicum album, Baptisia tinctoria, Belladonna atropa, Bryonia alba, Camphora, Carbo vegetabilis, Carbolic acid, Causticum, Chamomilla, China officinalis, Drosera rotundifolia, Eupatorium perfoliatum, Euphrasia, Ferrum phosphoricum, Gelsemium sempervirens, Glonoinum, Hepatica triloba, Hyosciamus niger, Influenzinum (corresponding to the epidemic), Ipecauanha, Lachesis trigonocephalus, Lycopodium clavatum, Mercurius vivus, Natrum sulphuricum, Nux vomica, Opium, Phosphorus, Phytolacca decandra, Pulsatilla, Pyrogenium, Rhus toxicodendron, Sticta pulmonaria, Sepia officinalis, Sulphur. (1)

Taking the primary symptoms into account, these remedies can be classified into groups with regard to their most characteristic action (without discrimination of their use outside this classification). All remedies can be necessary at any stage during the course of the disease because they all produce similar symptoms.

Most used remedies in hemorrhagic influenza:

Arnica montana, Arsenicum album, Baptisia tinctoria, Belladonna atropa, Bryonia alba, Camphora, Carbo vegetabilis, Chamomilla, China officinalis, Ferrum phosphoricum, Influenzinum (corresponding to the epidemic), Ipecacuanha, Lachesis trigonocephalus, Mercurius vivus, Phosphorus, Sepia officinalis, Sulphur.

Nosodes:

Influenzinum (corresponding to the epidemic), Pyrogenium, Anthracinum.

Perhaps the most recent use of homeopathy in a major epidemic was during the Influenza Pandemic of 1918. The Journal of the American Institute for Homeopathy, May, 1921, had a long article about the use of homeopathy in the flu epidemic. Dr. T A McCann, from Dayton, Ohio, reported that 24,000 cases of flu treated allopathically had a mortality rate of 28.2% while 26,000 cases of flu treated homeopathically had a mortality rate of 1.05%. This last figure was supported by Dean W.A. Pearson of Philadelphia (Hahnemann College) who collected 26,795 cases of flu treated with homeopathy with the above result.

The most common remedy used was Gelsemium, with occasional cases needing Bryonia and Eupatorium reported. Dr. Herbert A. Roberts from Derby, CT, said that 30 physicians in Connecticut responded to his request for data. They reported 6,602 cases with 55 deaths, which is less than 1%. Dr. Roberts was working as a physician on a troop ship during WWI. He had 81 cases of flu on the way over to Europe. He reported, "All recovered and were landed. Every man received homeopathic treatment. One ship lost 31 on the way."

_http://www.hpathy.com/papersnew/galicia-Observations-Mexican-Flu-2009.asp

FWIW, my homeopath said he usually gives oscillococcinum before and after regular influenza vaccines to treat the flu vaccine damage.

Black Swan said:
I saw my homeopath today and he told me some interesting news though I have been unable to corroborate it as yet. According to him, 3 months ago the FDA suspended all US homeopathy labs from using vaccines to make nosodes for remedies. He said it was still permitted in the UK so they would get their nosodes for vaccine damage from England. Wonder how long that will be available?

That's interesting because I seem to remember reading that the exact same thing happened in the UK in April, I think. Unfortunately I can't remember where I read it..

Has anyone got any information on the journalist who is supposedly filing charges against the WHO and UN for Bioterrorism? I'm going to quote a news report here, not sure if that's allowed? Sorry to moderators if this has to be edited :-[

Barbara Minton said:
(NaturalNews) As the anticipated July release date for Baxter's A/H1N1 flu pandemic vaccine approaches, an Austrian investigative journalist is warning the world that the greatest crime in the history of humanity is underway. Jane Burgermeister has recently filed criminal charges with the FBI against the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations (UN), and several of the highest ranking government and corporate officials concerning bioterrorism and attempts to commit mass murder. She has also prepared an injunction against forced vaccination which is being filed in America. These actions follow her charges filed in April against Baxter AG and Avir Green Hills Biotechnology of Austria for producing contaminated bird flu vaccine, alleging this was a deliberate act to cause and profit from a pandemic.

Summary of claims and allegations filed with FBI in Austria on June 10, 2009

In her charges, Burgermeister presents evidence of acts of bioterrorism that is in violation of U.S. law by a group operating within the U.S. under the direction of international bankers who control the Federal Reserve, as well as WHO, UN and NATO. This bioterrorism is for the purpose of carrying out a mass genocide against the U.S. population by use of a genetically engineered flu pandemic virus with the intent of causing death. This group has annexed high government offices in the U.S.

Specifically, evidence is presented that the defendants, Barack Obama, President of the U.S, David Nabarro, UN System Coordinator for Influenza, Margaret Chan, Director-General of WHO, Kathleen Sibelius, Secretary of Department of Health and Human Services, Janet Napolitano, Secretary of Department of Homeland Security, David de Rotschild, banker, David Rockefeller, banker, George Soros, banker, Werner Faymann, Chancellor of Austria, and Alois Stoger, Austrian Health Minister, among others, are part of this international corporate criminal syndicate which has developed, produced, stockpiled and employed biological weapons to eliminate the population of the U.S. and other countries for financial and political gain.

The charges contend that these defendants conspired with each other and others to devise, fund and participate in the final phase of the implementation of a covert international bioweapons program involving the pharmaceutical companies Baxter and Novartis. They did this by bioengineering and then releasing lethal biological agents, specifically the "bird flu" virus and the "swine flu virus" in order to have a pretext to implement a forced mass vaccination program which would be the means of administering a toxic biological agent to cause death and injury to the people of the U.S. This action is in direct violation of the Biological Weapons Anti-terrorism Act.

Burgermeister's charges include evidence that Baxter AG, Austrian subsidiary of Baxter International, deliberately sent out 72 kilos of live bird flu virus, supplied by the WHO in the winter of 2009 to 16 laboratories in four counties. She claims this evidence offers clear proof that the pharmaceutical companies and international government agencies themselves are actively engaged in producing, developing, manufacturing and distributing biological agents classified as the most deadly bioweapons on earth in order to trigger a pandemic and cause mass death.

In her April charges, she noted that Baxter's lab in Austria, one of the supposedly most secure biosecurity labs in the world, did not adhere to the most basic and essential steps to keep 72 kilos of a pathogen classified as a bioweapon secure and separate from all other substances under stringent biosecurity level regulations, but it allowed it to be mixed with the ordinary human flu virus and sent from its facilities in Orth in the Donau.

In February, when a staff member at BioTest in the Czech Republic tested the material meant for candidate vaccines on ferrets, the ferrets died. This incident was not followed up by any investigation from the WHO, EU, or Austrian health authorities. There was no investigation of the content of the virus material, and there is no data on the genetic sequence of the virus released.

In answer to parliamentary questions on May 20th, the Austrian Health Minister, Alois Stoger, revealed that the incident had been handled not as a biosecurity lapse, as it should have been, but as an offence against the veterinary code. A veterinary doctor was sent to the lab for a brief inspection.

Burgermeister's dossier reveals that the release of the virus was to be an essential step for triggering a pandemic that would allow the WHO to declare a Level 6 Pandemic. She lists the laws and decrees that would allow the UN and WHO to take over the United States in the event of pandemic. In addition, legislation requiring compliance with mandatory vaccinations would be put into force in the U.S. under conditions of pandemic declaration.

She charges that the entire "swine flu" pandemic business is premised on a massive lie that there is no natural virus out there that poses a threat to the population. She presents evidence leading to the belief that the bird flu and swine flu viruses have, in fact, been bioengineered in laboratories using funding supplied by the WHO and other government agencies, among others. This "swine flu" is a hybrid of part swine flu, part human flu and part bird flu, something that can only come from laboratories according to many experts.

WHO's claim that this "swine flu" is spreading and a pandemic must be declared ignores the fundamental causes. The viruses that were released were created and released with the help of WHO, and WHO is overwhelmingly responsible for the pandemic in the first place. In addition, the symptoms of the supposed "swine flu" are indistinguishable from regular flu or from the common cold. The "swine flu" does not cause death anymore often than the regular flu causes death.

Burgermeister notes that the figures for deaths reported for the "swine flu" are inconsistent and there is no clarity as to how the number of "deaths" has been documented.

There is no pandemic potential unless mass vaccinations are carried out to weaponize the flu under the guise of protecting the population. There are reasonable grounds for believing that the mandatory vaccines will be purposely contaminated with diseases that are specifically designed to cause death.

Reference is made to a licensed Novartis bird flu vaccine that killed 21 homeless people in Poland in the summer of 2008 and had as its "primary outcome measure" an "adverse events rate", thereby meeting the U.S. government's own definition of a bioweapon (a biological agent designed to cause an adverse events rate, i.e death or injury) with a delivery system (injection).

She alleges that the same complex of international pharmaceutical companies and international government agencies that have developed and released pandemic material have positioned themselves to profit from triggering the pandemic with contracts to supply vaccines. Media controlled by the group that is engineering the "swine flu" agenda is spreading misinformation to lull the people of the U.S. into taking the dangerous vaccine.

The people of the U.S. will suffer substantial and irreparable harm and injury if they are forced to take this unproven vaccine without their consent in accordance with the Model State Emergency Health Powers Act, National Emergency Act, National Security Presidential Directive/NSPD 51, Homeland Security Presidential Directive/HSPD-20, and the International Partnership on Avian and Pandemic Influenza.

In the U.S. since 2008, Burgermeister charges that those named in her allegations have implemented new and/or accelerated the implementation of laws and regulations designed to strip the citizens of the U.S. of their lawful constitutional rights to refuse an injection. These people have created or allowed provisions to remain in place that make it a criminal act to refuse to take an injection against pandemic viruses. They have imposed other excessive and cruel penalties such as imprisonment and/or quarantine in FEMA camps while barring the citizens of the U.S. from claiming compensation from injury or death from the forced injections. This is in violation of the laws governing federal corruption and the abuse of office as well as of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Through these actions, the named defendants have laid the groundwork for mass genocide.

Using the "swine flu" as a pretext, the defendants have preplanned the mass murder of the U.S. population by means of forced vaccination. They have installed an extensive network of FEMA concentration camps and identified mass grave sites, and they have been involved in devising and implementing a scheme to hand power over the U.S. to an international crime syndicate that uses the UN and WHO as a front for illegal racketeering influenced organized crime activities, in violation of the laws that govern treason.

She further charges that the complex of pharmaceutical companies consisting of Baxter, Novartis and Sanofi Aventis are part of a foreign-based dual purpose bioweapons program, financed by this international criminal syndicate and designed to implement mass murder to reduce the world's population by more than 5 billion people in the next ten years. Their plan is to spread terror to justify forcing people to give up their rights, and to force mass quarantine in FEMA camps. The houses, companies and farms and lands of those who are killed will be up for grabs by this syndicate.

By eliminating the population of North America, the international elite gain access to the region's natural resources such as water and undeveloped oil lands. And by eliminating the U.S. and its democratic constitution by subsuming it under a North American Union, the international crime group will have total control over North America.

Highlights from the complete dossier

The complete dossier of the June 10th action is a 69 page document presenting evidence to substantiate all charges. This includes:

Factual background that delineates time lines and facts that establish probable cause, UN and WHO definitions and roles, and history and incidents from the April, 2009 "swine flu" outbreak.

Evidence the "swine flu" vaccines are defined as bioweapons as delineates in government agencies and regulations classifying and restricting vaccines, and the fear of foreign countries that "swine flu" vaccines will be used for biological warfare.

Scientific evidence the "swine flu" virus is an artificial (genetic) virus.

Scientific evidence the "swine flu" was bioengineered to resemble the Spanish flu virus of 1918 including quotes from Swine Flu 2009 is Weaponized 1918 Spanish Flu by A. True Ott, Ph.D., N.D., and a Science Magazine report from Dr. Jeffrey Taubenberger et.al.

The genome sequence of the "swine flu"

Evidence of the deliberate release of the "swine flu" in Mexico

Evidence as to the involvement of President Obama that delineates his trip to Mexico which coincided with the recent "swine flu" outbreak and the death of several officials involved in his trip. Contention is made that the President was never tested for "swine flu" because he had been previously vaccinated.

Evidence as to the role of Baxter and WHO in producing and releasing pandemic virus material in Austria includes a statement from a Baxter official stating the accidentally distributed H5N1 in the Czech Republic was received from a WHO reference center. This includes delineation of evidence and allegations from Burgermeister's charges filed in April in Austria that are currently under investigation.

Evidence Baxter is an element in a covert bioweapons network

Evidence Baxter has deliberately contaminated vaccine material.

Evidence Novartis is using vaccines as bioweapons

Evidence as to WHO's role in the bioweapons program

Evidence as to WHO's manipulation of disease data in order to justify declaring a Pandemic Level 6 in order to seize control of the USA.

Evidence as to the FDA's role in covering up the bioweapons program

Evidence as to Canada's National Microbiology Lab's role in the bioweapons program.

Evidence of the involvement of scientists working for the UK's NIBSC, and the CDC in engineering the "swine flu".

Evidence vaccinations caused the Spanish killer flu of 1918 including belief of Dr. Jerry Tennant that the widespread use of aspirin during the winter that followed the end of World War I could have been a key factor contributing to the earlier pandemic by suppressing the immune system and lowering body temperatures, allowing the flu virus to multiply. Tamiflu and Relenza also lower body temperatures, and therefore can also be expected to contribute to the spread of a pandemic.

Evidence as to manipulation of the legal framework to allow mass murder with impunity.

Constitutional issues: the legality vs. illegality of jeopardizing the life, health and public good by mass vaccinations.

The issue of immunity and compensation as evidence of intent to commit a crime.

Evidence as to the existence of an international corporate crime syndicate.

Evidence of the existence of the "Illuminati".

Evidence as to the depopulation agenda of the Illuminati/Bilderbergs and their involvement in the engineering and release of the artificial "swine flu" virus.

Evidence that weaponized flu was discussed at the annual Bilderberg meeting in Athens from May 14-17, 2009, as part of their agenda of genocide, including a list of attendees who, according to a statement once made by Pierre Trudeau, view themselves as genetically superior to the rest of humanity.

Media is keeping Americans clueless about the threat they are under

Jane Burgermeister is a dual Irish/Austrian who has written for Nature, the British Medical Journal, and American Prospect. She is the European Correspondent of the Renewable Energy World website. She has written extensively about climate change, biotechnology, and the ecology.

In addition to the charges currently under investigation that she filed against Baxter AG and Avir Green Hills Biotechnology in April, she has filed charges against WHO and Baxter among others concerning a case of exploding "swine flu" vials meant for a research lab on a busy IC train in Switzerland.

In her view, control of the media by the ruling elite has allowed the world crime syndicate to further its agenda unabated while the rest of the people remain in the dark about what is really going on. Her charges are an attempt to get around this media control and bring the truth to light.

Her greatest concern is that "in spite of the fact Baxter has been caught red handed nearly triggering pandemic, they are also moving ahead, together with allied pharma companies, with supplying the vaccine for pandemics." Baxter is hurrying to get this vaccine to market some time in July.

For more information:
_http://www.naturalnews.com/025760.html
_http://birdflu666.wordpress.com/200...
_http://in.news.yahoo.com/137/200906...
_http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...

Taken from: _
_http://www.naturalnews.com/026503_pandemic_swine_flu_bioterrorism.html

Are the PTB really being so blatant with their intentions to reduce population? I'm finding this whole swine flu issue quite strange. There is a LOT of talk over here (UK) that it has all been engineered and that it is outrageous to put through a vaccine so quickly. On the other hand, few people seem to believe that a mandatory vaccine may actually happen. Yet the press is talking about how fast it will be implemented here...

Okay, instead of playing "let's spot the lie" with this one, let's change it to "let's spot the truth"...good luck! The heading doesn't count!

Legal immunity set for swine flu vaccine makers

ATLANTA — The last time the government embarked on a major vaccine campaign against a new swine flu, thousands filed claims contending they suffered side effects from the shots. This time, the government has already taken steps to head that off.

Vaccine makers and federal officials will be immune from lawsuits that result from any new swine flu vaccine, under a document signed by Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius, government health officials said Friday.

Since the 1980s, the government has protected vaccine makers against lawsuits over the use of childhood vaccines. Instead, a federal court handles claims and decides who will be paid from a special fund.

The document signed by Sebelius last month grants immunity to those making a swine flu vaccine, under the provisions of a 2006 law for public health emergencies. It allows for a compensation fund, if needed.

The government takes such steps to encourage drug companies to make vaccines, and it's worked. Federal officials have contracted with five manufacturers to make a swine flu vaccine. First identified in April, swine flu has so far caused about 263 deaths, according to numbers released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday.

The CDC said more than 40,000 Americans have had confirmed or probable cases, but those are people who sought health care. It's likely that more than 1 million Americans have been sickened by the flu, many with mild cases.

The virus hits younger people harder that seasonal flu, but so far hasn't been much more deadly than the strains seen every fall and winter. But health officials believe the virus could mutate to a more dangerous form, or at least contribute to a potentially heavier flu season than usual.

"We do expect there to be an increase in influenza this fall," with a bump in cases perhaps beginning earlier than normal, said Dr. Anne Schuchat, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.

On Friday, the Food and Drug Administration approved the regular winter flu vaccine, a final step before shipments to clinics and other vaccination sites could begin.

The last time the government faced a new swine flu virus was in 1976. Cases of swine flu in soldiers at Fort Dix, N.J., including one death, made health officials worried they might be facing a deadly pandemic like the one that killed millions around the world in 1918 and 1919.

Federal officials vaccinated 40 million Americans during a national campaign. A pandemic never materialized, but thousands who got the shots filed injury claims, saying they suffered a paralyzing condition called Guillain-Barre Syndrome or other side effects.

"The government paid out quite a bit of money," said Stephen Sugarman, a law professor who specializes in product liability at the University of California at Berkeley.

Vaccines aren't as profitable as other drugs for manufacturers, and without protection against lawsuits "they're saying, 'Do we need this?'" Sugarman said.

The move to protect makers of a swine flu didn't go over well with Paul Pennock, a prominent New York plaintiffs attorney on medical liability cases. The government will likely call on millions of Americans to get the vaccinations to prevent the disease from spreading, he noted.

"If you're going to ask people to do this for the common good, then let's make sure for the common good that these people will be taken care of if something goes wrong," Pennock said.

AP Medical Writer Lauran Neergaard contributed to this report from Washington.

On the Net:
CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/H1N1flu/

Here's something from the "knowledge protects" department. Search for the word influenza.. and note that this is handy stuff to have on hand for a lot of reasons - or even take regularly.

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetylcysteine
Acetylcysteine (rINN; pronounced /ˌæsɨtəlˈsɪstiːn, əˌsɛtəlˈsɪstiːn/), also known as N-acetylcysteine or N-acetyl-L-cysteine (abbreviated NAC), is a pharmaceutical drug used mainly as a mucolytic agent and in the management of paracetamol (acetaminophen) overdose.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Trade names
* 2 Dosage forms
* 3 Clinical use
o 3.1 Mucolytic therapy
o 3.2 Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) overdose
o 3.3 Nephroprotective agent
* 4 Microbiological use
* 5 Interstitial lung disease
* 6 Investigational
* 7 Complexing agent
* 8 Chemistry
* 9 Possible toxicity
* 10 References
* 11 See also
* 12 External links
* 13 References

[edit] Trade names

Acetylcysteine is marketed under these trade names:

* ACC (Hexal AG)
* Acetadote (Cumberland Pharmaceuticals)
* ASİST (Bilim Pharmaceuticals)
* Fluimucil (Zambon)
* Lysox (Menarini)
* Mucinac (Cipla, India)
* Mucolysin (Sandoz)
* Mucomelt-A tab (Venus Remedies, India)
* Mucomyst (Bristol-Myers Squibb)
* Parvolex (GSK)
* Trebon N (Uni-pharma).
* Fluimucil (Zambon).

[edit] Dosage forms

Acetylcysteine is available in different dosage forms for different indications:

* Solution for inhalation (Mucomyst, Mucosil) – inhaled for mucolytic therapy or ingested for nephroprotective effect (to protect the kidneys)
* IV injection (Parvolex, Acetadote) – treatment of paracetamol/acetaminophen overdose
* Oral solution – various indications.
* Effervescent Tablets (200 mg) - Reolin (Hochland Pharma Germany) and Mucinac (Cipla India).
* Ocular solution - for mucolytic therapy

The IV injection and inhalation preparations are, in general, prescription only, whereas the oral solution and the effervescent tablets are available over the counter in many countries.

[edit] Clinical use

[edit] Mucolytic therapy

Inhaled acetylcysteine is indicated for mucolytic ("mucus-dissolving") therapy as an adjuvant in respiratory conditions with excessive and/or thick mucus production. Such conditions include emphysema, bronchitis, tuberculosis, bronchiectasis, amyloidosis, pneumonia. It is also used post-operatively, as a diagnostic aid, and in tracheotomy care. It may be considered ineffective in cystic fibrosis.[1] However, a recent paper in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences reports that high-dose oral N-acetylcysteine modulates inflammation in cystic fibrosis and has the potential to counter the intertwined redox and inflammatory imbalances in CF.[2] Oral acetylcysteine may also be used as a mucolytic in less serious cases.

For this indication, acetylcysteine acts to reduce mucus viscosity by splitting disulfide bonds linking proteins present in the mucus (mucoproteins).

[edit] Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) overdose
Main article: Paracetamol poisoning

Intravenous acetylcysteine is indicated for the treatment of paracetamol (acetaminophen) overdose. When paracetamol is taken in large quantities, a minor metabolite called N-acetyl-p-benzoquinone imine (NAPQI) builds up. It is normally conjugated by glutathione, but when taken in excess, the body's glutathione reserves are not sufficient to inactivate the toxic NAPQI. This metabolite is then free to react with key hepatic enzymes, therefore damaging hepatocytes. This may lead to severe liver damage and even death by fulminant liver failure.

For this indication, acetylcysteine acts to augment the glutathione reserves in the body and, together with glutathione, directly bind to toxic metabolites. These actions serve to protect hepatocytes in the liver from NAPQI toxicity.

Although both IV and oral acetylcysteine are equally effective for this indication, oral administration is poorly tolerated, owing to the high doses required (due to low oral bioavailability,[3]) very unpleasant taste and odour, and adverse effects (particularly nausea and vomiting). Studies conducted by Baker and Dilger[4] suggest that the prior pharmacokinetic studies of N-acetylcysteine did not include Acetylation as a reason for the low bioavailability of N-acetylcysteine. In the research conducted by Baker,[4] it was concluded that oral N-acetylcysteine was identical in bioavailability to Cysteine precursors. (However, 3% to 6% of people given intravenous acetylcysteine show a severe, anaphylaxis-like allergic reaction, which may include extreme breathing difficulty (due to bronchospasm), a decrease in blood pressure, rash, angioedema, and sometimes also nausea and vomiting. [5] Repeated overdoses will cause the allergic reaction to progressively worsen.)

Several studies have found this anaphylaxis-like reaction to occur more often in people given IV acetylcysteine despite serum levels of paracetamol not high enough to be considered toxic. [6][7][8][9]

In some countries, a specific intravenous formulation does not exist to treat paracetamol overdose. In these cases, the formulation used for inhalation may be used intravenously.

[edit] Nephroprotective agent

Oral acetylcysteine is used for the prevention of radiocontrast-induced nephropathy (a form of acute renal failure). Some studies show that prior administration of acetylcysteine markedly decreases (90%) radiocontrast nephropathy,[10] whereas others appear to cast doubt on its efficacy.[11][12] Worth considering is the newest data published in two papers in the New England Journal of Medicine and the Journal of the American Medical Association. The authors' conclusions in those papers were:

1. "Intravenous and oral N-acetylcysteine may prevent contrast-medium–induced nephropathy with a dose-dependent effect in patients treated with primary angioplasty and may improve hospital outcome."[13]
2. "Acetylcysteine protects patients with moderate chronic renal insufficiency from contrast-induced deterioration in renal function after coronary angiographic procedures, with minimal adverse effects and at a low cost"[14]

Acetylcysteine continues to be commonly used in individuals with renal impairment to prevent the precipitation of acute renal failure.[citation needed]

[edit] Microbiological use

N-Acetyl L-Cysteine can be used in Petroff's method i.e. liquefaction and decontamination of sputum, in preparation for diagnosis of tuberculosis.

[edit] Interstitial lung disease

Acetylcysteine is used in the treatment of interstitial lung disease to prevent disease progression.[citation needed]

[edit] Investigational

The following uses have not been well-established or investigated:

* NAC has been shown to reduce the symptoms of both schizophrenia[15] and bipolar disorder[16] in two placebo controlled trials.
* Evidence that NAC and other antioxidants can exert beneficial effects on pancreatic b-cell function in diabetes was published in a 1999 study. The authors conclude that a sufficient supply of antioxidants (NAC, vitamin C plus vitamin E, or both) may prevent or delay b-cell dysfunction in diabetes by providing protection against glucose toxicity.[17]

* NAC is undergoing clinical trials in the United States for the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder.[18] It is thought to counteract the glutamate hyperactivity in OCD.
* NAC has been shown to reduce cravings associated with chronic cocaine use in a study conducted at the Medical University of South Carolina[19][20]
* It may reduce the incidence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) exacerbations[21]
* In the treatment of AIDS, NAC has been shown to cause a "marked increase in immunological functions and plasma albumin concentrations"[22] Albumin concentration are inversely correlated with muscle wasting (cachexia), a condition associated with AIDS.
* An animal study indicates that acetylcysteine may decrease mortality associated with influenza [23]
* Animal studies suggest that NAC may help prevent noise-induced hearing loss. [24] A clinical trial to determine efficacy in preventing noise-induced sensorineural hearing loss in humans is currently (2006) being jointly conducted by the US Army and US Navy.[citation needed]
* A human study of 262 primarily elderly individuals indicates that NAC may decrease influenza symptoms. In the study, 25% of virus-infected subjects NAC treatment developed a symptoms, whereas 79% in the placebo group developed symptoms. [25]
* It has been suggested that NAC may help sufferers of Samter's triad by increasing levels of glutathione allowing faster breakdown of salicylates, though there is no evidence that it is of benefit [26]
* There are claims that acetylcysteine taken together with vitamin C and B1 can be used to prevent and relieve symptoms of veisalgia (hangover following ethanol (alcohol) consumption). The claimed mechanism is through scavenging of acetaldehyde, a toxic intermediate in the metabolism of ethanol.[27][28]
* It has been shown to help women with PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) to reduce insulin problems and possibly improve fertility. [29]
* Small studies have shown acetylcysteine to be of benefit to sufferers of blepharitis[citation needed] and has been shown to reduce ocular soreness caused by Sjogren's syndrome.[citation needed]
* Studies in mice models of Ataxia Telangictasia (ATM knockout) indicate that NAC prevents genomic instability and retards lymphomagenesis in these animals.[citation needed] Clinical trials in human AT patients are underway.[citation needed]
* It has been shown to help trichotillomania[30], a condition causing compulsive hair-pulling.

[edit] Complexing agent

N-Acetylcysteine has been used to complex palladium, to help it dissolve in water. This helps to remove palladium from drugs or precursors synthesized by palladium-coupling reactions.[31]

[edit] Chemistry

Acetylcysteine is the N-acetyl derivative of the amino acid L-cysteine, and is a precursor in the formation of the antioxidant glutathione in the body. The thiol (sulfhydryl) group confers antioxidant effects and is able to reduce free radicals.

[edit] Possible toxicity

Researchers at the University of Virginia reported in 2007 study using very large doses in a mouse model that acetylcysteine, which is found in many bodybuilding supplements, could potentially cause damage to the heart and lungs.[32] They found that acetylcysteine was metabolized to S-nitroso-N-acetylcysteine (SNOAC), which increased blood pressure in the lungs and right ventricle of the heart (pulmonary artery hypertension) in mice treated with acetylcysteine. The effect was similar to that observed following a 3-week exposure to an oxygen-deprived environment (chronic hypoxia). The authors also found that SNOAC induced a hypoxia-like response in the expression of several important genes both in vitro and in vivo.

The implications of these findings for long-term treatment with acetylcysteine have not yet been investigated. The dose used by Palmer and colleagues was dramatically higher than that used in humans;[32] nonetheless, the drug's effects on the hypoxic ventilatory response have been observed previously in human subjects at more moderate doses.[33]

As a note, I take mucomyst every day because it helps reduce my arthritic inflammation.

This article: Swine flu vaccine fears as first jabs available before full details of clinical safety trials are known
appears in today's UK Mail Online.

url: _http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1200297/Swine-flu-mother-dies-giving-birth-leaving-premature-baby-fighting-life.html

Here's an excerpt in which Sir Gordon Duff explains that they will not be using the actual swine flu virus for their vaccine, and will be hoping for the best when they vaccinate the population.

Mail Online said:
Professor Sir Gordon Duff, co-chairman of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies said: 'We are content that benefits far outweigh the risks."

He said the companies preparing the vaccine had been working on "core" vaccines which had been tested on 6,000 people.

'In a pandemic, you can't predict what the virus is going to be, so to make a vaccine you use a similar virus. These core vaccines have been tested on 5,000-6,000 people already, with no serious adverse effects.

'It is inconceivable that in the UK we would consider a vaccine without giving a full scientific appraisal of its benefits and theoretical risks. That is just what these risks are - theoretical.'

Sir Gordon added: "It has to be understood that it's a thing we have thought about a lot. We've looked at it from every scientific angle, and we have advised that getting this vaccine will be a lot safer for the population than letting the flu run away with itself.

Laura/ _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetylcysteine said:
Acetylcysteine (rINN; pronounced /ˌæsɨtəlˈsɪstiːn, əˌsɛtəlˈsɪstiːn/), also known as N-acetylcysteine or N-acetyl-L-cysteine (abbreviated NAC), is a pharmaceutical drug used mainly as a mucolytic agent and in the management of paracetamol (acetaminophen) overdose.

Possible toxicity

Researchers at the University of Virginia reported in 2007 study using very large doses in a mouse model that acetylcysteine, which is found in many bodybuilding supplements, could potentially cause damage to the heart and lungs.[32] They found that acetylcysteine was metabolized to S-nitroso-N-acetylcysteine (SNOAC), which increased blood pressure in the lungs and right ventricle of the heart (pulmonary artery hypertension) in mice treated with acetylcysteine. The effect was similar to that observed following a 3-week exposure to an oxygen-deprived environment (chronic hypoxia). The authors also found that SNOAC induced a hypoxia-like response in the expression of several important genes both in vitro and in vivo.
...nonetheless, the drug's effects on the hypoxic ventilatory response have been observed previously in human subjects at more moderate doses

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/177093-Add-Spirulina-to-Your-Diet-and-Replace-those-Expensive-Supplements said:
Spirulina has anti-viral and anti-allergic effects, and is a natural antihistamine.
[...]
The anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine properties of spirulina have been well documented.
[...]
Other studies have demonstrated the ability of spirulina to promote mucosal immunity, and improve the symptoms of nasal discharge, sneezing, nasal congestion, and itching. Production of Natural Killer (NK) cells in the body is increased by spirulina.

Many toxicological studies have proven spirulina's safety, even when consumed in large amounts.
http://www.naturalnews.com/008421_spirulina_cancer_food.html said:
Spirulina is best known as an immune booster, and this property has medicinal implications far beyond cancer prevention. In A Natural Physician's Healing Therapies, Mark Stengler, ND, writes, "Spirulina stimulates natural killer cells and similar anti-immune components of the immune system that can help fight cancer cells." Furthermore, these spirulina-stimulated killer cells can fight illnesses other than cancer, ranging from the common cold to HIV.

spirulina activates many of the different immune cells, including macrophages, T-cells, B-cells, and natural killer cells. It also activates the organs involved with immune function such as the spleen, liver, bone marrow, lymph nodes, tonsils, and thymus gland.
A Natural Physician's Healing Therapies by Mark Stengler ND, page 427

As mentioned, spirulina stimulates many components of the immune system. Special extracts of spirulina have also shown potent antiviral activity. One type of spirulina known as spirulina platensis was shown to inhibit the HIV virus (HIV-1) in a test-tube study.
A Natural Physician's Healing Therapies by Mark Stengler ND, page 429

Laura said:
As a note, I take mucomyst every day because it helps reduce my arthritic inflammation.

http://www.naturalnews.com/008421_spirulina_cancer_food.html said:
Spirulina's pure protein, which arrives within the context of massive amounts of beta-carotene, chlorophyll, fatty-acid GLA, and other nutrients, is especially helpful to those who are overweight, diabetic, hypoglycemic, or suffering from cancer, arthritis, or other degenerative diseases.
Herbal Medicine Healing Cancer by Donald R Yance Jr, page 164

The special form of protein in spirulina benefits those with problems resulting from excessive animal protein, which does not assimilate well and further burdens the body with waste products. Thus, people who have eaten too many animal products and refined foods—typically those who are overweight, diabetic, hypo-glycemic, cancerous, arthritic, or suffering from similar degenerations—often benefit from the relatively pure quality of the protein in spirulina. Of course, spirulina protein is in the context of massive amounts of beta-carotene, chlorophyll, fatty acid GLA, and other nutrients.
Healing With Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford, page 192

If you need a mineral supplement, alfalfa is a good choice. It has helped many arthritis sufferers. Alfalfa, wheat-grass, barley, and spirulina, all of which contain chlorophyll, have been found to aid in the healing of intestinal ulcers, gastritis, liver disorders, eczema, hemorrhoids, asthma, high blood pressure, anemia, constipation, body and breath odor, bleeding gums, infections, burns, athlete's foot, and cancer.
Prescription For Nutritional Healing by Phyllis A Balch CNC and James F Balch MD

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/177093-Add-Spirulina-to-Your-Diet-and-Replace-those-Expensive-Supplements said:
Spirulina contains 2250 units of superoxide dismutase (SOD), the powerful antioxidant made naturally by the body. As youth is left behind, levels of SOD decline and should be replenished by the diet to slow the aging process.
[...]
Spirulina is a potent antioxidant and body detoxifier Its antioxidant capabilities have been shown to reduce the toxic effects of cadmium, and of free radicals generated by inflammatory processes.

http://www.naturalways.com/spirulina.htm said:
Certain desert-adapted species will survive when their pond habitats evaporate in the intense sun, drying to a dormant state on rocks as hot as 70 degrees Centigrade (160 degrees F). In this dormant condition, the naturally blue-green algae turns a frosted white and develops a sweet flavor as its 71 percent protein structure is transformed into polysaccharide sugars by the heat.

Some scientists speculate that the "manna" of the wandering Israelites, which appeared miraculously on rocks following a devastating dry spell and was described as tasting "like wafers made with honey " may have been a form of dried, dormant spirulina.

The above makes one wonder if it could be processed into a natural sweetener. At any rate, in tablet form, no taste to speak of and a natural powerhouse of nutrients and health benefits.

Regarding the herd immunity argument in favour of mass vaccinations, I found the Wikipedia article at _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity to be rather biased in favour of vaccinations. The Vaccine Awareness Network website (mostly aimed at parents considering vaccinations for their children, but has lots of useful information) has an article about herd immunity which offers a refutation of the argument: _http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/The-Herd-Immunity-Theory-Treating-Our-Children-Like-Cattle

Vaccine Awareness Network said:
What Is The Herd Immunity Theory?

The herd immunity theory was originally coined in 1933 by a researcher called Hedrich. He had been studying measles patterns in the US between 1900-1931 (years before any vaccine was ever invented for measles) and he observed that epidemics of the illness only occurred when less than 68% of children had developed a natural immunity to it. This was based upon the principle that children build their own immunity after suffering with or being exposed to the disease. So the herd immunity theory was, in fact, about natural disease processes and nothing to do with vaccination. If 68% of the population were allowed to build their own natural defences, there would be no raging epidemic.

Later on, vaccinologists adopted the phrase and increased the figure from 68% to 95% with no scientific justification as to why, and then stated that there had to be 95% vaccine coverage to achieve immunity. Essentially, they took Hedrich’s study and manipulated it to promote their vaccination programmes.

mada85 said:
Regarding the herd immunity argument in favour of mass vaccinations, I found the Wikipedia article at _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity to be rather biased in favour of vaccinations.

yeah, Wikipedia has lots of very accurate information on many trivial things, and then with the important stuff it is consistently biased - it always follows the COINTELPRO line.

Laura said:
Moveon is just a setup to make people THINK they are doing something, and taking their money to do it.

Do you really think they would be able to raise the kind of money they do if there was a ghost of a chance of them actually having the intention of putting it where it counts?

[...] Spending time on the net posting comments to blogs and forums is also well spent - the pentagon and mossad wouldn't be paying a small army to do it if it wasn't effective. Join up with some friends and have "tag teams" - but be courteous and sensible.

Create your own blog and post articles or excerpts and commentary on articles that expose what you are exercised over. Writing a bit every day can really give you a way to creatively express yourself. And, at the same time, leave comments on other blogs, and in forums. You can also have a link to sott (or not, depending on your strategy), and just generally get active!

As I stated before, although I liked the citizen action aspect of MoveOn.org and its seemingly highly effective methods for promoting its goals, I am aware and wary of its unbalanced pro-Obama agenda. Also, due to extreme life changes, I had drifted away from active participation and even passive interest waned almost completely once I found Sott.net and Cassiopaea material. Primarily due to Laura's comments, I decided to do a little checking around:

_http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=MoveOn said:
MoveOn claims to have more than 5 million email addresses of political progressives, its members, in the United State (although only a fraction - typically well under 10% - respond to any given MoveOn email alert or appeal). MoveOn is an online organization with no central office that you might visit, nor phone number to call.

I decided to poke around further to see if anything of significance could be found and struck pay dirt with this article:

Using the Internet for Real Change
Beyond MoveOn By JOHN STAUBER ( _http://www.counterpunch.org/stauber04282009.html)

Barack Obama owes his election in no small part to his brilliant use of social networking websites, email, cell phone texting and blogs, all utilized in unprecedented ways by his campaign staff to promote, organize and fund his unlikely victory. He employed techniques pioneered by online groups such as MoveOn and took them to an entirely new level. Thanks to Obama's use of the Internet, politics in America will never be the same. It's crucial that peace and social justice activists at the state and local levels understand and harness these new technologies in organizing for fundamental social change.

The grassroots movements for peace, economic justice, environmental sustainability and other fundamental reforms -- representing millions of individual political progressives who helped elect Barack Obama -- are for the most part delighted that the Bush/Cheney regime has been vanquished. However, disillusion and disappointment is rightly building among activists who are now seeing Obama and the Democratic Party cutting deals with corporate special interests and backing down on commitments to change US foreign policy.

The main online activist efforts that elected Obama -- his own Organizing for America and the liberal lobby MoveOn -- have become cheerleaders and lobbyists for his legislative agenda, policies that in many instances betray his rhetoric of change. I am referring to Obama's refusal to quickly end the war in Iraq; his military escalation in Afghanistan; his support for Wall Street bailouts; his endorsement of tax subsidies for the coal industry ("clean coal") and the nuclear power industry (saving us from global warming). Obama is about to spend hundreds of billions of dollars on health care subsidies that cater to the insurance industry and undermine the only real solution to the current crisis, the adoption of a single payer health care system such as that enjoyed by the Canadians and most other western democracies.

Yet my email box is filled with missives from MoveOn and other liberal online campaigns that spin these dismal policies as "real change," or ignore them entirely to dampen criticism from the Left of the Obama Administration.

What are grassroots activist organizations to do to avoid marginalization? Peace and justice organizations at the local and state level need to learn and adopt the new media tools of MoveOn and Obama, but use them to give birth to fundamental change that empowers people rather than seeks accommodation with powerful corporate interests. Rather than organizing for an agenda determined by a handful of partisan Democrats at the top, this new organization should work to empower and represent people from the bottom up.

[...] But arguably the most important key to the success of President Barack Obama was his use of the Internet and his ability to harness it for publicizing his campaign, among young voters especially; mobilizing enthusiastic supporters by the millions via email, websites and text messaging; raising tens of millions of dollars from these online supporters and organizing them successfully at the grassroots level to actually turn out and vote in primaries and the general election.

[...] A seminal moment for online activism was in 1998 when a liberal millionaire couple from Berkeley, Wes Boyd and Joan Blades, launched MoveOn as an online petition to condemn President Clinton's White House philandering while urging the Congress to move on to other more pressing matters than the Clinton impeachment.

MoveOn's petition campaign failed to dissuade Republicans from impeaching the President, but it was wildly successful in building for MoveOn a list of contributors that has since provided tens of millions of dollars for political ads and liberal candidates. In 2002, MoveOn used and grew this list into the millions of people, becoming the most visible organizational opponent of the war on Iraq. In 2008, MoveOn's members endorsed Barack Obama over Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary, and today MoveOn claims a list of more than 5 million contributors.

It has become a powerful cheerleading force and lobby for the policies of the Obama Administration, yet it has no office, phone, or mailing address, functioning virtually online off its website while raising millions of dollars and organizing rallies, media events and launching advertising campaigns in support of President Obama.

[...] "Blogging" refers to writing web logs or journals, a style of online speech and advocacy that has become a powerful political movement in its own right. The online world of liberal bloggers -- the "liberal blogosphere" -- was crucial to the resurgence of liberalism during the Bush years.

Two youngish Democratic consultants, Jerome Armstrong and Markos Moulitsas (founder of Daily Kos blog), wrote the book, Crashing the Gate: Netroots, Grassroots, and the Rise of People-Powered Politics in 2006. Armstrong earlier coined the term "netroots" to describe the liberal blogosphere. Moulitsas' popular blog has inspired an annual conference now called Netroots Nation that next occurs in Pittsburgh beginning Aug. 13, 2009. Thousands of people including Democratic Party activists, liberal think tanks, public interest organizations, lobby and PR firms, celebrities and citizen bloggers are certain to attend, and the event will receive attention in the mainstream media.

In their book, Crashing the Gates, Armstrong and Moulitsas use the term "netroots" to describe the "online grassroots community that has grown dramatically in the past five years ... By late November 2005, the top 70 or so liberal blogs, led by Daily Kos, garnered about 60 million page-views every month ...The netroots activist, much like the new generation of grassroots activist, is fiercely partisan, fiercely multi-issue, and focused on building a broader movement. It's not an ideological movement -- there is actually very little, issue-wise, that unites most modern party activists except, perhaps opposition to the Iraq war.

The rise of MoveOn, the emergence of the liberal blogosphere and the revival of the liberal wing of the Democratic Party during the darkest years of George Bush were chronicled by New York Times reporter Matt Bai in his 2007 book titled, The Argument: Billionaires, Bloggers and the Battle to Remake Democratic Politics. Bai's book was the first to examine the new power alliance within the Democratic Party composed of the organizations referenced in his long subtitle, an alliance that is now mostly united behind the Obama Administration. These players include billionaires such as George Soros and other wealthy members of an exclusive group of funders called the Democracy Alliance; the major liberal bloggers like Armstrong and Moulitsas; and the organization MoveOn, whose political action committee had become one of the top money contributors to Democratic candidates.

The heady success of Obama and MoveOn is impressive and has created a new liberal power structure. But the power of the Internet is available not just to them, but to individual activists and thousands of small progressive organizations whose supporters have the basic computer hardware, software and Internet Technology (IT) skills to raise money, promote ideas, and launch and conduct successful online and grassroots campaigns for candidates or causes.

[...]Blogs essentially turn a website into an engaging online source for information and debate, and the more and better information that appears, the more visitors will attracted to the website. Blogs can be brief informative articles, opinion pieces, stories that point to other people's online writing or websites, or in-depth journalistic analysis. The organization should decide who within it will write articles on the website. Blogs can also be offered for free reprint on other websites such as Daily Kos, Common Dreams, AlterNet, and Counterpunch, spreading the views of the writer to a much larger audience.

[...] The blogosphere has given rise to the citizen journalism movement. For instance, on your website you can write a factual, informative, documented article on an issue important to your group, and if you have a digital still camera you can attach a photograph. You can make an online video and upload it free to YouTube, where anyone online can see it.

At the website SourceWatch, a high-traffic online "encyclopedia of the people, organizations and issues shaping the public agenda," you can easily create accurate, fair and documented articles, or edit and expand existing articles, then link to them and link them to your website.Two-thirds of the 2 million monthly visitors to SourceWatch arrive through Google searches, so SourceWatch articles on your issues are likely to drive traffic back to your website.

[...] In early 2007, I began publicly criticizing MoveOn for co-opting the peace movement on behalf of the agenda of Congressional Democrats. The Democrats gained control of the U.S. Congress in the fall of 2006 based primarily on public revulsion over Bush's war in Iraq, a war that was endorsed from the start by leading Democrats including John Kerry, Tom Daschle, Hillary Clinton, and many others. In early 2007, the Democrats had an opportunity to cut off funding for the war, but blinked. MoveOn, an organization considered by the mainstream media the leader of the peace movement, sided with Speaker Nancy Pelosi in an effort that marginalized the Congressional Out of Iraq caucus and gave Bush all the funding he wanted to continue the war.

The peace movement has never recovered. Although Obama was elected as the peace candidate, his Iraq withdrawal plan is anemic and would leave 50,000 troops in Iraq indefinitely, while he has ramped up the U.S. war in Afghanistan. MoveOn has declared Obama's Iraq strategy a success, even as the war continues, and is refusing to oppose Obama on Afghanistan. Meanwhile the grassroots peace movement that consists primarily of the scores of groups that make up the United for Peace and Justice (UFPJ) coalition are disorganized and dispirited and UFPJ is in danger of going broke.

It's likely that all these groups that comprise UFPJ have among their own existing email lists a total number of peace activists in the millions. Yet they have never figured out how to mobilize these lists to create the sort of mega-list that is wielded by MoveOn. Hopefully down the road a network of non-partisan, web-based local and state activists will come together and create state and national email lists of millions of mobilized activists. Until these grassroots local and state groups learn the tricks of online activism and marry it to powerful grassroots organizing campaigns, real change will be deferred.

Obviously, this article contain many salient points. First and foremost:

...an annual conference now called Netroots Nation that next occurs in Pittsburgh beginning Aug. 13, 2009. Thousands of people including Democratic Party activists, liberal think tanks, public interest organizations, lobby and PR firms, celebrities and citizen bloggers are certain to attend, and the event will receive attention in the mainstream media.

Would it make any sense for a contingent of forum participants/bloggers to show up for this conference, notwithstanding such short notice? Perhaps displays relating to fradulent global warming, the swine flu/swine flu vaccination dangers, and perhaps most importantly of all, pathology and psychopaths?

Secondly:
"Hopefully down the road a network of non-partisan, web-based local and state activists will come together..."

Laura said:
What WOULD work?

[...] Saying what I just said reminds me that the pathological groups seem to be far more organized and in agreement with a goal, and far more effective about reaching it. I suppose that is because they have all given up their free will to a single mind. (And they have lots of money to pay their internet armies to roam the web like cyber-Brown Shirts.) That's not good. But why can't people with the same goal - having that goal for similar reasons, like being human and not liking fascism - also get organized and stop fighting with each other? Fact is, if we don't, we are gonna perish.

United we stand; divided we fall. All for one and one for all.

JEEP said:
Would it make any sense for a contingent of forum participants/bloggers to show up for this conference, notwithstanding such short notice? Perhaps displays relating to fradulent global warming, the swine flu/swine flu vaccination dangers, and perhaps most importantly of all, pathology and psychopaths?

Well, I just looked at the Netroots Nation site (_http://netrootsnation.org/) and the upcoming conference doesn't appear to be quite what I thought it was going to be. In fact, it appears that it will be a gathering of a lot of deluded people reinforcing their delusions. Just seeing the faces of Gore and Obama prominently displayed is enough of a turnoff for me! And what if a bunch of us showed up to challenge these delusions? Would we really accomplish anything? Most likely not. But anyway, here's the listed agenda so far:

Measuring ROI: Tools, Tips and Tricks of the Trade
Date TBD

How do you measure your ROI in social media spaces when you can't put a dollar value on user engagement? How do you begin to explain to your boss the value of a single Facebook fan or Twitter follower? We do it every day, and we've got some ideas we think work well. We'll show you how to measure your success with good planning, powerful tools and simple tricks. But know every campaign and every initiative is different, so we'll discuss ways to create a plan that fits your needs.
PANELISTS: Danielle Brigida, Apollo Gonzales, Stephanie Pistello

Muckraking 101: Documents You Can Use
Date TBD

How can bloggers and online activists use simple investigative techniques to increase their impact? Participants in this practical workshop will learn how to use free or cheap web tools to trace the assets of public officials, decipher the SEC filings of public companies, file Freedom of Information Act requests for government documents, and much, much more. Sponsored by the Investigative Fund at The Nation Institute.
PANELISTS: Lindsay Beyerstein, Esther Kaplan, Bill Bastone, Brant Houston

Writing an Effective Blog Post
Date TBD

Paul Delehanty, known for his writing as kid oakland, leads this training around the question, "What makes an effective blog post?" After a discussion of the components that make for effective online communication—including form and format, linking to supporting material, connecting with a target audience and the use of photos and video—participants will be encouraged to break into small groups and share a brief writing sample.
PANELISTS: Paul Delehanty

Staying On Top of Congress’ Shenanigans
Date TBD

A host of online tools help us track Congressional voting records and hold members of Congress accountable to those who elected them. Learn how these tools work and how others are using them effectively. Joshua Grossman of Progressive Punch and the new Progressive Messenger will discuss how tracking tools are being used by bloggers and to do opposition research on incumbents. We'll also look at how other information sources—including Open Secrets, Campaign Money Line, MAPLight and Project VoteSmart—complement each other with data for users who want to know if and how their representatives are really representing them.
PANELISTS: Joshua Grossman

Online Congressional Engagement Beyond Twitter
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 9:00am, 304/305

New House and Senate rules have given lawmakers more freedom on the Internet, and many lawmakers are taking their first steps into an expanded online world. This panel will explore how different members reach distinct constituencies—including those who are offline and overseas—while balancing the need to stay true to each member’s identity. How are video, podcasts, APIs and other tools changing the way lawmakers reach out to constituents, and is there a genuine dialog taking place? What can the public, non-profits and government officials do to help foster communication online now that new tools are available?
PANELISTS: Rob Pierson, Samuel Drzymala, John Wonderlich, Avelino Maestas, Natalie Foster

Integrating Offline Activism with Online Mobilization
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 9:00am, 304/305

This panel will show how the United Steelworkers' web-based mobilization arose out of the union’s historically effective use of on-the-ground activism. Panelists directly involved in the evolution will discuss how to integrate on-the-ground and web-based mobilization systems, using the USW’s work on the Obama and Make Our Future Work campaigns as examples.
PANELISTS: Connie Mabin, Scott Weaver, Eric Russell, Barbara White Stack, Kyle McDermott

A Warming Web: The Blogosphere and Climate Change
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 9:00am, 318

Global warming blogging is red hot: The Senate is debating climate change legislation. The Obama administration is pouring billions of dollars into clean energy and green jobs. Countries are maneuvering for position in this December's crucial international climate treaty conference. And nearly every week scientists are revealing how global warming is changing the conditions of life on Earth -- and how much worse conditions may become if we don't slash our greenhouse gas pollution. At this panel, some of the top bloggers covering environmental politics and climate science will talk about what they do, how they do it, and why it's more important now than ever before.
PANELISTS: Kate Sheppard, David Roberts, Tim Lange, Brentin Mock, Kevin Grandia

The Myth of Post-Racial America
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 9:00am, 301/302

The election of Barack Obama as president has led many to view our country as entering a "post-racial" era. The reaction to Attorney General Eric Holder's "nation of cowards" remarks, the controversy over the New York Post cartoon of a police officer shooting a chimpanzee and the president's own reluctance to appoint an immigration rights advocate as assistant attorney general for civil rights indicate that Obama's election may be the beginning—not the end—of a post-racial America. Panelists will discuss and share analyses on the role of race both during the election and post-inauguration, and its impact on progressive policy.
PANELISTS: Keith Kamisugi, Rinku Sen, Rich Benjamin

The Path Forward in Afghanistan and Pakistan
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 9:00am, 317

Early in the Obama presidency, few issues have raised as much controversy in the progressive community as his decision to send an additional 20,000 troops to Afghanistan. This decision now ensures that Afghanistan will likely be the paramount national security issue of the President’s first term. How do we define American interests and goals in Afghanistan? What are the necessary non-military elements of a comprehensive strategy? What role, if any, should the U.S. military play? What role is there for reconciliation with elements of the Taliban? How are the crises in Pakistan and Afghanistan related? What role is there for America’s allies and Afghanistan’s neighbors? The panel will include a variety of views, including those who oppose the decision to send more troops to Afghanistan, supporters of the President’s plan, observers who have been on the ground and the perspective of one veteran who served in Afghanistan.
PANELISTS: Anne Richard, Robert Greenwald, Spencer Ackerman, Richard Smith, Heather Hurlburt

Bloggers and Blue-Collar Workers Unite: You have Nothing to Lose but Wall Street Domination
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 9:00am, 315/316

This session, moderated by AAM Executive Director Scott Paul, offers ideas and elicits participants’ recommendations on how bloggers can help combat Wall Street’s domination over the interests of working Americans.
PANELISTS: Scott Paul, Leo Gerard, Bob Borosage, Donna Edwards, Tula Connell

Scaling Obama: Applying the Online Campaigning Lessons of '08 to State and Local Races
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 10:30am, 304/305

Obama for America used the Internet more effectively than any political campaign in history. What lessons from his online organization, outreach and fundraising efforts can state and local candidates and activists apply in their own communities and their own campaigns, particularly when they're working with limited resources?

This panel will cover the use of grassroots mobilization tools, online video, email, cell phones, social networking websites, blogs and online advertising to find supporters via the internet, to motivate volunteers, to raise money and to turn out real-live voters on election day. We'll focus on translating the experience of people directly involved in Obama's online campaign into the world of political operations that DON'T have half a billion dollars to spend, with an emphasis on achieving political results in the real world.
PANELISTS: ColinDelany , Judith Freeman, Scott Goodstein, Julia Rosen

How to Get The Most Out Of The Polling Data You Read About
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 10:30am, 301/302

This panel will share insights and observations from some veteran pollsters and analysts that might help you interpret the next set of poll data you see. Charlie Cook (The Cook Political Report, _www.cookpolitical.com), Mark Blumenthal and Charles Franklin (_www.pollster.com), and Nate Silver (_www.fivethirtyeight.com) will join moderator Greg Dworkin (Daily Kos) on a discussion about how to get the most out of poll watching.
PANELISTS: Greg Dworkin, Charlie Cook, Mark Blumenthal, Nate Silver, Charles Franklin

Getting Ish Done: The Youth Movement Moves Beyond Voting
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 10:30am, 315/316

In 2008, young Americans proved their interest in voting and their passion for progressive causes. Now, a range of individuals and organizations are tackling the challenge of bringing the Millennial Generation—the largest, most diverse and most progressive in American history—into the realm of policy advancing. Join us for a structured conversation regarding tactics currently employed—and help us figure out how we can better transition from electorally-focused to passing progressive policy.
PANELISTS: Jefferson Smith, Heather Smith, Christina Hollenback, Erica Williams, Paul Monteiro, Biko Baker

How Will Food Change in the New Obama Era?
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 10:30am, 318

This panel will focus on the state of food politics in the Obama administration and what bloggers can do about it. We’ll define our goal of where we want to go; explain where the Obama administration currently is and how it differs from the Bush administration; make it clear that while Obama is better than Bush, in some areas he might actually be worse; and discuss what bloggers can do to influence policy.
PANELISTS: Jill Richardson, Emily Best, Dave Murphy, Natasha Chart, Eddie Gehman Kohan

Leveraging Strength: Effective Collaboration Between Online and Offline Organizations and Activists
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 10:30am, 311

This session is dedicated to exploring some of the recent collaborations between traditionally online and traditionally offline organizations in pursuit of progressive public policy goals. This session will showcase some examples of collaboration from genesis to victory and offer a set of "lessons learned" for session participants, sparking conversations about the development of new partnerships and the deeper implications for progressive change.
PANELISTS: NathanHendersonJames , James Rucker, Robert Greenwald, Laura Clawson

Countdown to Copenhagen: Online Strategy on the Global Climate Negotiations
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 10:30am, 317

The International climate negotiations that began in Bali, in 2007, are scheduled to culminate in a global warming agreement in Copenhagen this December. Key goals are for such an agreement to rapidly and dramatically reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and for it to require wealthy, polluting countries that did the most to cause the climate crisis to bear the most responsibility for implementing solutions. Progressive and environmental bloggers and activists have traveled to and proven effective during initial rounds of these negotiations. Their engagement will be even more crucial leading up to and during the negotiations in Copenhagen.
The session’s participants will review netroots involvement in past negotiations and strategize about ways to increase their impact. In particular, we’ll discuss how blogging can lead to global action and influence negotiators, how those of us on the ground can coordinate effectively with folks at home, and how allied NGOs can support these efforts.
PANELISTS: Kevin Grandia, Shadia Wood, Phil Aroneanu, Taren Stinebrickner-Kauffman

From Jargon to Message: Blogging the Economic Battles
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 3:00pm, 317

Some of the big economic policy fights that loom on the horizon—including domestic recovery, global trade, banking and health care—turn on issues that can be tough to blog about without narrowing interest to a small band of hardy policy wonks. How can we crystallize the debate and explain what's at stake without getting hung up on paralyzing jargon? And how can we defuse the negative associations with words like "deficits," "protectionism," "nationalization" and "government-run health care" that currently help special interests and obstructionists misframe the debate? This panel also offers an opportunity for attendees to clear up confusion about complicated policy details, giving us all the ability to make strong policy arguments.
PANELISTS: Digby , Monica Sanchez, Bill Scher, David Sirota, Robert Johnson

Building the Blue-Green Movement Online
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 3:00pm, 318

Among the priorities of the Obama administration are passing clean energy and workers’ rights legislation. Representatives from the Blue Green Alliance — a national partnership of labor unions and environmental organizations — will discuss how this unique partnership is working to expand the number and quality of jobs in the clean energy economy. Join us for this panel, which will include union members already working in the clean energy economy, to discuss building an online effort to create good jobs while reducing global warming and reducing our dependence on foreign oil.
PANELISTS: Rob Witherell, Michael Oko, Rachel Martin, Dave Johnson, Michael Whitney, David Foster

Women and People of Color in Mobile: Using SMS and WAP to Reach Our Peers
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 3:00pm, 304/305

Research proves that women, Hispanics and African-Americans use mobile differently than the general population. This session is designed to engage participants in a discussion about mobile technology and how it can be best used to reach women and minorities. How can we use mobile and WAP effectively to move individuals to action?
PANELISTS: Meghan Gaffney, Kathie Legg, Taryn Rosenkranz, Brandon English, Michelle Mayorga, Jamal Simmons

Building the Blue-Green Movement Online
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 3:00pm, 318

Among the priorities of the Obama administration are passing clean energy and workers’ rights legislation. Representatives from the Blue Green Alliance — a national partnership of labor unions and environmental organizations — will discuss how this unique partnership is working to expand the number and quality of jobs in the clean energy economy. Join us for this panel, which will include union members already working in the clean energy economy, to discuss building an online effort to create good jobs while reducing global warming and reducing our dependence on foreign oil.
PANELISTS: Rob Witherell, Michael Oko, Rachel Martin, Dave Johnson, Michael Whitney, David Foster

Women and People of Color in Mobile: Using SMS and WAP to Reach Our Peers
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 3:00pm, 304/305

Research proves that women, Hispanics and African-Americans use mobile differently than the general population. This session is designed to engage participants in a discussion about mobile technology and how it can be best used to reach women and minorities. How can we use mobile and WAP effectively to move individuals to action?
PANELISTS: Meghan Gaffney, Kathie Legg, Taryn Rosenkranz, Brandon English, Michelle Mayorga, Jamal Simmons

How to Work with Unions in Your District
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 4:30pm, 311

How do you approach unions in your community for help with grassroots events or campaigning? Many feel intimidated in contacting a union and don't understand union hierarchy or what capabilities are available, and many union members have no idea what help bloggers can provide them. In this panel, union members and bloggers will discuss how to create and strengthen the relationship between labor and the Netroots.
PANELISTS: Chris Shannon, Matt Browner Hamlin, Elana Levin, Chris Shannon, Noreen Nielsen

Redistricting is Coming! Why Progressives must Focus on the State Legislature in 2010 and How You can Help
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 4:30pm, 301/302

The 2008 election focused on congressional and national races. In the last two cycles, Democrats increased their majorities in Congress and took back the White House, but we must continue our work at the state and local levels to create a “permanent majority.” In most states, Congressional redistricting is done by the state legislature—which, in many cases, includes future members of Congress, governors, even presidents. This panel will discuss the importance of continuing the progressive movement in order to create a bench for the future. We’ll also discuss steps to running for office—from finding the right district to using new media and fundraising tools to build your campaign.
PANELISTS: ChrisMassicotte , Sen. Daylin Leach, Matt Glazer, Matt Compton, Sam Bennett, Rep. Chelsa Wagner

Who’s Left Out? Taking a Critical Look at Online Organizing
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 4:30pm, 318

In his book “The Myth of Digital Democracy,” Matthew Hindman “debunks popular notions about political discourse in the digital age, revealing how the Internet has neither diminished the audience share of corporate media nor given greater voice to ordinary citizens.” This panel will use Hindman’s argument as a starting point, addressing the question of whether or not online political and social organizing is indeed reaching under-represented communities, such as young people in inner-cities and rural areas. Do online organizing sites work with and reach a diverse group of members, especially in terms of age, race, education level and economic background? Who is being left out of the conversation? Looking forward, what steps do we need to take to make sure these communities are incorporated into the discussion so they can be empowered both socially and politically?
PANELISTS: Matthew Hindman, Eszter Hargittai, Biko Baker, Xavier Lopez-Ayala, Erica L. Williams, James Rucker

Tweeting in the Trenches: What's Next for Campaigning and Advocacy Online
Thu, 08/13/2009 - 4:30pm, 317

The past eight years showed a dramatic shift in national campaigning with the introduction of blogs, social networking, online video and text messaging into presidential campaigning. Now, it is no longer the case that candidates for major elected office can be elected without a significant integrated online strategy. This panel of experts in Internet strategy for national campaigns will look back at what we've learned through recent elections and advocacy campaigns and predict what comes next.
PANELISTS: Sarah Granger, Nancy Scola, Brent Blackaby, Brian Reich, Tracy Viselli

Ok, that's just the first page. For whatever reason, the Titles alone won't paste in, so if you're interested in the rest of the list, access this link : _http://www.netrootsnation.org/agenda?page=1 . There are three pages altogether.

Here's just a sample of more of the same old, same old:

Science Denial and Science Policy
Fri, 08/14/2009 - 2:00pm, 317

Science is increasingly vital to policymaking, but denial of basic aspects of science is increasingly well-organized, holding back science-based policies. Whether it's creationism attacking state and local education policy, global warming denial distracting attention from the need for effective solutions, or anti-vaccine activism undermining vital public health programs, the public's misunderstanding about science have dire consequences for society. Non-scientists and scientists alike are joining to defend science and to clear the ground for science-based policies. This panel of scientists and scientific policymakers will discuss ways that the general public can ensure that their government is informed by honest science.
PANELISTS: Joshua Rosenau, Bryan Rehm, Michael Stebbins, Joseph Romm, Mark Sumner, Susan Wood

How ironic is this?! How much blogging will it take to overcome crap like this when even the unconventional media is pushing the same BS agenda!

I'm beginning to think there's a really good reason the earth is bombarded by comets every 3600 years!

Back
Top Bottom