Hmmm. Well, I don't know if I like that comparison. But we'll wait and see.

Meanwhile, check out the video in this article:

"NASA’s STEREO observation mission has spotted what fans of conspiracy theories said is a gigantic UFO flying past the Sun. The incident itself occurred on 29 February, but the footage of it was posted just recently on the channel “Hidden Underbelly 2.0” dedicated to mysterious events and sightings. According to the host, STEREO’s camera filmed the humongous object for four seconds after which it turned off and began working only after the UFO passed. "

Inquiring Minds would like to know what that thing is! It could be closer to the cameras than Earth and Venus, thus appearing larger.

Cool, its Ezekiel's Wheel. :-P

On the virus™ front, the sheer insanity of the over reaction to this thing is just mind boggling. I find myself constantly reminding people around me that this thing is not the killer that it is purported to be, with my focus being on the actual reported death numbers.

Some listen intently, some don't. Its unfortunate as it seems like certain people just want to continue on with the panic mode no matter what new facts are presented or discovered. :umm:

I went to the prison this morning, no change but they are waiting orders from Madrid. In Madrid prisons are controlled, volunteers like me can not go anymore. And families I think so. Evidently inmates are very worried. They say they are worried for their families, their mothers that are old, etc. There is more than that but I didn't ask. Also they are worried because they just have news from TV.

The most important library of the island closed today so the other ones will close also during today and tomorrow. No more students can go to study nor clients go for books.

In the busses people are normal, no masks, no histeria. But I saw one women cleaning everything around her seat.

I posted the notice that was on a Dr's office on FB. FB got up in arms:

1584018524862.png

When you click "see why" you read this.

1584018499395.png

Notice, however, FB does NOT "correct" the statements made about corona virus!!!

And, even if there are imprecisions in the notice posted, it WAS POSTED as depicted, and it makes a very good point. The whole deal is being politicized.

Well Ireland has now joined in the lunacy!

Schools, colleges, childcare facilities to close over Covid-19

Any indoor public events/gatherings of 100+ are hereby cancelled until 29th March review. That's my business down the swanny!

On the edge of the old world but rushing to follow step with all the grotesques of the new world order! And our great leader has negotiated an exclusion to the US flight ban just so he can get home in 1st class comfort!

Heads down for the joy ride!

ps worth noting the following re Ireland from above link as of today:

There has been one death in Ireland of a person with Covid-19 out of 43 confirmed cases of coronavirus.

Around 80% of cases of Covid-19 will be a mild to moderate illness, close to 14% have severe disease and around 6% are critical.

Last edited:
Are we really ready to imprison the world, wreck financial markets, destroy countless jobs, and massively disrupt life as we know it, all to forestall some uncertain fate, even as medical professionals do know the right way to deal with respiratory illness in general from a medical point of view? It’s at least worth debating.
Where I am there has not been much debate. New laws were put forward this morning at 10 UTC, two more sessions later today should give the three required considerations needed. The Government would like them to be accepted by a huge majority of the parliament, and nothing in any of the major papers indicates this will not happen. The laws will be valid until March 1, 2021 at at time when they can be extended. So far 615 have been infected, and the official motivation is to avoid a break down of the public health system.

The new laws include the possibility of forced isolation and treatment, forced access to private homes of people who are ill and without the usual legal requirements from a judge, the possibility to forbid large gatherings (the limit is already 100), the possibility of denied access to public institutions, the possibility of prohibiting or reducing visits to hospitals and retirement homes, the possibility of forced vaccination, the possibility of prohibiting or reducing access to transportation, the possibility to forbid access to private property (like sports hall, concert halls, churches) the possibility of closing schools and educational institutions (which they have already done for a period of two weeks), the possibility of prohibiting the use of cash, the possibility of requiring passenger lists for busses, trains, ships, planes if one passenger is suspected of being contaminated, the possibility of expropriation of private property - with compensation. The possibility of turning away asylum seekers. And interestingly the military have sent their non-critical personnel home until April 1.

So far the concern about the health care system has taken center stage. Bank economists have expressed that when this is over, the economic effects can become much worse. According to the papers the next steps in the war against Corona will therefore involve action in the fields of business and economics. The entertainment industry for instance is expected to loose more than 3 billion Euros and the economic growth rate will drop by 1 % and perhaps more. They are talking about compensations, but paid by whom? Thus, I don't think this is a sustainable situation.

I don't know what the Communist Party of China, the CCP would have done in Denmark, if it came to power overnight. Somehow I think the steps taken would gain much favour. In spite of earlier disappointments in China with the Danish style of satire, Danish businesses have been supportive of the effort in China, and I think the Danish Government and the CCP at some level have a common understanding. But is a Chinese approach the correct one? About this there is little debate. If one was to make a coup which laws would you like to put in place first? Many of those now proposed.

Well Ireland has now joined in the lunacy!
Indeed it's kicking of here today, I was told Tesco around the corner from me shut, due to health and safety to many people, long cues in othere supermarkets, it's like Christmas shopping but 10 times worse People are clearing the shelves of everything, cars loaded with stuff. It's nuts out there.

As to the economic impact, it looks like Germany, France, Spain and others are about a week behind the confirmed numbers in Italy. This is from a German newspaper, comparing the number of cases in Germany and Italy:

(...)

So it seems that the next market meltdown will come in about a week, when these countries take similar measures as Italy.

However, this probably won't result in a systemic crash just yet. While many central banks already have zero or negative interest rates, they still haven't started buying up stocks directly (except the Japanese central bank). There is probably also some room left for fiscal stimulus, based on more debt and money printing. Once these measures have been taken, that is when they will be pretty much out of ammo and a financial/currency reset becomes imminent.

Yes. This is rather observant and of real concern. There are two issues at hand here - a global health crisis and severe economic impact of the containment measures.

I suppose, the extent to which one will be concerned about the virus is relative. However, the economic impact of the disease is much more serious and has the capacity to affect us all.

The global recession seems inevitable and the stock markets around the world are reflecting that. Financial markets are arguably the most interesting arena at the moment since their performance is a function of human psychology. It is a sort of herd mentality expressed in numbers and trends.

While we are not likely to face a Global Coronavirus Armageddon - there is still plenty of room left for mayhem.

I suggest that all forum members pay closer attention to the economic impact of the coronavirus panic. The current trajectory leads towards increased unemployment and severe financial losses for many companies.

A fear of unknown unknowns continues to drive the markets and the global consumer behaviour.

In addition, due to the negative impact on the global supply chains, our group members may find that basic commodities become difficult - or impossible - to obtain. In a way, the toilet paper and hand sanitizer shortages are understandable.

I am currently increasing my stocks of buckwheat, bacon, lard and supplements. I may even get some Spam. It is sensible under the current circumstances, methinks.

I usually like to ask a prodding question or two - Are you prepared for more shortages, rationing and severe unemployment in your vicinity?

There is a non-zero probability that these challenges will spike in the not-too-distant future.

Stocks Sink With Virus Responses Missing Marks: Markets Wrap

By Jeremy Herron and Sam Potter
12 March 2020, 05:49 GMT+8
Updated on 12 March 2020, 22:01 GMT+8
  • ECB keeps interest rate unchanged but boosts liquidity tools
  • Global stock gauge heads for bear market; crude oil retreats
The rout in global stocks deepened after the U.S. and European policy responses to the worsening spread of the coronavirus rattled investors pining for more. Treasuries and haven currencies rallied.

U.S. equities plunged as much 8%, before paring the drop below 7%, with trading settling into a range after an initial bout of selling triggered a 15-minute NYSE-mandated halt. Trading will stop again if losses reach 13% any time before 3:25 p.m. European stocks tumbled 10% in the biggest rout since 2008. The 10-year Treasury yield slid to 0.65%.

President Donald Trump’s travel ban and tepid fiscal measures sparked the latest leg down in risk assets, while the European Central Bank failed to stem the rout after it left rates unchanged, though it temporarily increased its QE program and took steps to boost liquidity.

On another bruising day across markets:
  • The S&P 500, Nasdaq Composite and Nasdaq 100 indexes sank deeper into a bear market, with losses from February closing records extending to at least 23%. The Dow Jones Industrial Average sank deeper into bear territory after its record bull run ended Wednesday.
  • The MSCI All-Country World Index extended losses to trade more than 20% below last month’s peak, putting it in on track for the same distinction.
  • The Stoxx Europe 600 tumbled the most since 2008, with trading volumes more than double the 100-day average. The cost of insuring debt issued by Europe’s investment grade companies surged to the highest since 2016.
  • Japanese stocks closed more than 4% lower even after another liquidity pledge from the country’s central bank. Australian shares were among the worst performing worldwide, sinking deeper into a bear market despite a stimulus plan there. India’s benchmark fell more than 8%.
  • Treasury yields resumed their retreat, sliding by almost 20 basis points. Oil extended losses by more than 5%. Bitcoin slumped.
1302x-1.jpg

Trump unveiled steps including lending aid for small businesses and asked Congress to pass undefined payroll-tax relief, but his Oval Office address gave the market little confidence that the U.S. is tightening its grip on the virus or its economic impact. America cancelled more events, the basketball league suspended play and businesses ordered employees to work from home.

The World Health Organization earlier called the outbreak a pandemic and other countries, such as the U.K., have taken more extreme measures to try to blunt the threat to growth.

“Market moves suggest monetary stimulus has reached its limits,” said Lucas Bouwhuis, a portfolio manager at Achmea Investment. “Most of the stimulus needs to come from the fiscal side and we are just not seeing enough of that yet.”

Meanwhile, signs that companies in the hardest-hit industries were drawing down credit lines to battle the effects of the virus on their businesses added to anxiety.

“The market will need much more to get its confidence back,” said Mohit Kumar, managing director at Jefferies International Ltd. “The economic slowdown is because consumers won’t spend as they don’t go out or travel -- you can’t make them spend by giving cheaper money. What you need is fiscal stimulus.”

These are the main moves in markets:

Stocks
  • Futures on the S&P 500 Index declined 5.1% as of 9:01 a.m. New York time.
  • The Stoxx Europe 600 Index fell 7.3%.
  • The MSCI Asia Pacific Index dipped 4.4%.
  • The MSCI Emerging Market Index dipped 4.8%.
Currencies
  • The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index gained 0.6%.
  • The euro was little changed at $1.1268.
  • The British pound sank 1% to $1.2691.
  • The onshore yuan weakened 0.8% to 7.016 per dollar.
  • The Japanese yen strengthened 0.6% to 103.89 per dollar.
Bonds
  • The yield on 10-year Treasuries sank 20 basis points to 0.67%.
  • The yield on two-year Treasuries fell 13 basis points to 0.39%.
  • Germany’s 10-year yield dipped three basis points to -0.77%.
  • Britain’s 10-year yield declined six basis points to 0.234%.
  • Japan’s 10-year yield climbed one basis point to -0.057%.
Commodities
  • West Texas Intermediate crude declined 6.3% to $30.89 a barrel.
  • Brent crude dipped 6.2% to $33.57 a barrel.
  • Gold weakened 1.2% to $1,614.73 an ounce.
— With assistance by Sophie Caronello, Min Jeong Lee, Adam Haigh, and Anchalee Worrachate

Indeed it's kicking of here today, I was told Tesco around the corner from me shut, due to health and safety to many people, long cues in other supermarkets, it's like Christmas shopping but 10 times worse People are clearing the shelves of everything, cars loaded with stuff. It's nuts out there.

Hi Liam. God help us! Remember the 2 inches of snow last year and what it brought out in Irish panic shoppers! I can't get to my local store before 5pm but I'm already expecting a wasteland. And we both know what will go first - bread, milk and BOOZE... oh and of course, loo roll!

ps where are you in the emerald isle?

The new laws include the possibility of forced isolation and treatment, forced access to private homes of people who are ill and without the usual legal requirements from a judge, the possibility to forbid large gatherings (the limit is already 100), the possibility of denied access to public institutions, the possibility of prohibiting or reducing visits to hospitals and retirement homes, the possibility of forced vaccination, the possibility of prohibiting or reducing access to transportation, the possibility to forbid access to private property (like sports hall, concert halls, churches) the possibility of closing schools and educational institutions (which they have already done for a period of two weeks), the possibility of prohibiting the use of cash, the possibility of requiring passenger lists for busses, trains, ships, planes if one passenger is suspected of being contaminated, the possibility of expropriation of private property - with compensation. The possibility of turning away asylum seekers. And interestingly the military have sent their non-critical personnel home until April 1.

<snip>
If one was to make a coup which laws would you like to put in place first? Many of those now proposed.

Indeed. And how long before other countries pass such laws?

It really does look like the "big crackdown" the Cs predicted so long ago. Though, they did say it was not imminent then. But now, they say turmoil coming! Bumpy ride ahead.

Meanwhile, check out the video in this article:
What the guy in the video of the sputnik article said about stereo filming it for several hours doesn't make much sense to me. I would think that this is footage taken over a couple of days.
Here is what seems to be an extended version:
It's a bit different from the viewport and things don't match up as far as I can see. Interesting pattern at the end. Maybe Jupiter and Saturn are involved? Or just fake?
(Maybe this should be discussed in a separate thread?)

The tsunami is accelerating.... I can see very soon Popular Soup on the streets very soon. Specially in this Island, the poorer community in Spain.

Finally they announced that the libraries are closed almost for 15 days. All Senior clubs also. Prohibition to go to see a senior in a elderly residence. Prohibition to go to see a patient in all hospitals (exception for kids). Prohibition to go to an hospital with someone with you. All schools closed.

If you are a student and come back from another community you have to be in quarantaine.

46 persons have the Corona in this Island.

I bet a smile that very soon the airport will be close.

Where I am there has not been much debate. New laws were put forward this morning at 10 UTC, two more sessions later today should give the three required considerations needed. The Government would like them to be accepted by a huge majority of the parliament, and nothing in any of the major papers indicates this will not happen. The laws will be valid until March 1, 2021 at at time when they can be extended. So far 615 have been infected, and the official motivation is to avoid a break down of the public health system.

So far the concern about the health care system has taken center stage. Bank economists have expressed that when this is over, the economic effects can become much worse. According to the papers the next steps in the war against Corona will therefore involve action in the fields of business and economics. The entertainment industry for instance is expected to loose more than 3 billion Euros and the economic growth rate will drop by 1 % and perhaps more. They are talking about compensations, but paid by whom? Thus, I don't think this is a sustainable situation.

I don't know what the Communist Party of China, the CCP would have done in Denmark, if it came to power overnight. Somehow I think the steps taken would gain much favour. In spite of earlier disappointments in China with the Danish style of satire, Danish businesses have been supportive of the effort in China, and I think the Danish Government and the CCP at some level have a common understanding. But is a Chinese approach the correct one? About this there is little debate. If one was to make a coup which laws would you like to put in place first? Many of those now proposed.
Can the PTB and their entrained media not see that one long-term effect of this engineered panic might be to practically force people to organize support groups within local communities, create local supply lines for goods and services, and even trade goods/services and/or use precious metals as currency instead of fiat money?

Back
Top Bottom