In Ecuador something strange happened. The Official channels reported a suspected case of coronavirus from a Chinese citizen who arrived from Hong Kong in end of January. They reported that sent the samples to Atlanta, after a week they said it was not a coronavirus, the next day they said it is not ruled out that it is coronavirus, then two weeks later confirmed that it was not a coronavirus and yesterday they reported that the patient had died. Very strange.
Same here. One German tourist have corona, then the analysis said no then again said yes. The German did not died. yet.

Same here. One German tourist have corona, then the analysis said no then again said yes. The German did not died. yet.
There seems to be a lot of strangeness around that mysterious virus. In Germany it is said that those infected with the coronavirus are employed at a bavarian company called Webasto (a company btw engaging in automotive supplies and electromobility ^^) and infection was spread through a chinese woman who allegedly got the virus from a family member from Wuhan visiting her in Germany. Strange is in my eyes that this chinese woman doesnt seem to have infected peeps outside of that company, so I ask myself: Did she not go shopping, at least for groceries, use public transport, go to a bank or anything like that? And if she did, so why didn't she infect someone there/then?

This video explains what it is about the virus (and other viruses like influenza) that kills, i.e. Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. One interesting thing is that it says at the end that they discovered from other epidemics that simply flipping the patients over, so that they would spend 17-18 hours a day lying on their belly, decreased the mortality rate from 33% to 16%. The point is helping them breath - the virus makes the barrier between the bloodstream and the lung sacs to flood, making it hard for the O2 to get into the blood. If the patients survive past this inflamatory phase with liquid in their lungs they will live.

Thoughts on using prednisone?

Well, it is the treatment of choice for some acute lung conditions. It might work during the crisis.

Meanwhile, there's this:

So far, the new coronavirus, dubbed 2019-nCoV, has led to more than 20,000 illnesses and 427 deaths in China, as well as more than 200 illnesses and two deaths outside of mainland China. But that's nothing compared with the flu, also called influenza. In the U.S. alone, the flu has already caused an estimated 19 million illnesses, 180,000 hospitalizations and 10,000 deaths this season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Some work restrictions have been lifted and many are returning to the work place.

China slowly gets back to work as coronavirus toll hits daily record
Workers began trickling back to offices and factories around China on Monday as the government eased some restrictions on working during a coronavirus epidemic that has killed more than 900 people, most of them on the mainland.

Factbox: Some carmakers likely to restart China factories after shutting for coronavirus
Automakers including Daimler, Tesla and Ford are likely to restart production in China on Monday after being forced to shut factories for more than a week following a widespread outbreak of the coronavirus.

The Chinese Government has allocated another financial amount to handle on-going expenses of the epidemic. A charitable Foundation has also aided support.

China allocates $10.26 billion to fight coronavirus
China's finance ministry said on Sunday all levels of government had allocated a total of 71.85 billion yuan ($10.26 billion) as of Saturday afternoon to fight coronavirus.

Tycoon Li Ka-shing gives $13 million to Chinese city at virus epicenter
The Li Ka-Shing Foundation, a charitable organization founded by the Hong Kong billionaire, has donated HK$100 million ($12.9 million) to the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the new coronavirus that has killed more than 900 people.

China's Hubei to cut costs for small firms to ease coronavirus burden
China's Hubei province, the epicenter of a coronavirus outbreak, will offer subsidies and cut costs for small and medium-sized firms to help them cope with the impact of the epidemic, the local government said on Sunday.

Well, it is the treatment of choice for some acute lung conditions. It might work during the crisis.

Meanwhile, there's this:

So far, the new coronavirus, dubbed 2019-nCoV, has led to more than 20,000 illnesses and 427 deaths in China, as well as more than 200 illnesses and two deaths outside of mainland China. But that's nothing compared with the flu, also called influenza. In the U.S. alone, the flu has already caused an estimated 19 million illnesses, 180,000 hospitalizations and 10,000 deaths this season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

An update on current official numbers - we're now at 40614 infected worldwide, of which 6494 are critical. Deaths stand at 910 and recoveries at 3324.

A few more cases have cropped up in Europe - France, Spain, 2 more in England (1 of which is in London!).

At current rate, we'll be at like 60000 officially infected by Saturday. It goes up 3000 - 5000 a day.

In addition, I think at this point it's becoming quite evident the Chinese government is lying about the numbers coming out of China. At the moment this is somewhat under the conspiracy umbrella but I think with each passing week and the videos from people coming out of China and there inability to contain it plus other cities going to quarantine etc are all pointing to one direction - the Chinese government is lying.

Someone above posted a video from a director from a research institute and their estimate was that around 50,000 new cases are being infected daily. He expects new centers to pop up outside China and the virus to be declared a pandemic in due course.

Also, quite a few countries are now getting ready. With each passing day, countries are approving their own more stringent measures. Again, it's all pointing to one direction - they are expecting the virus to continue spreading.

Frankly, I'm starting to get a bit freaked out because it's becoming evident that this thing may come to invade our lives here in Europe and we will be faced with a situation we haven't faced recently.

The other component this virus brings with it that is under reported is paranoia and distrust of others.

One other thing comes to mind

1. Will this virus lead to international travel being restricted?

hmmmm, so they will go to work even sick I have the impression. The news, first article, are confuse. But they play always with confusion to confuse people. So the slaves will go to work I have the feeling!
Yes, I believe people go to work sick. My memories going back to my school years during communism, remind me that the standard of staying home was 38deg Celsius body temperature. So was for going to the doctor and getting a prescription but not a sick to stay home note. I also remember having double pneumonia and not being hospitalized. Perhaps hospitalization for respiratory illness is still done in cases where treatment is done intravenously only or when the disease is infectious and requires quarantine.
Now whether that was a slave or not systemic mentality I cannot tell.

It might help public morale if things appear to be getting back to normal. Also, some factory work like auto manufacturing might be mostly robotic, therefore kind of low risk in terms of close human contact. Not to mention China wants to keep that global manufacturing model going at all costs.

Quick update - 4 more diagnosed in the UK. All connected to the cluster around the individual who visited Singapore.

This one person has managed to infect - 5 Brits in France, 5 Brits in the UK, 1 Brit in Majorca. Is that scary or what?

In addition, the UK government has brought new rules in place for the to hold people in isolation against their will. This means it's no longer a choice - if they put you in quarantine, you are staying there! This is coming about as someone brought in from WUHAN wanted to abscond + looks like we're getting more cases.

In the past, in case of a mortal pandemic, people used to escape from the city and go to the countryside to avoid contamination. Today, people are held prisoner, willingly or not, in big cities of millions, and governments everywhere are applauding it as a wise and totally justifiable move.

In the past, in case of a mortal pandemic, people used to escape from the city and go to the countryside to avoid contamination. Today, people are held prisoner, willingly or not, in big cities of millions, and governments everywhere are applauding it as a wise and totally justifiable move.
This is because governments don't care about their citizens at all.

I hope is a good news that people return to work in China but I doubt it. But I think so (I am not an expert on economy) that if the economy of China has problems is the mundial economy that will be with big problems. I am sad for Chinese that maybe sick have to go to work.

In Spain, in Palma de Mayorca, a new patient of Conoravirus.

Last edited:
With reference to PREDNISONE mentioned above, I had a quick look on Google about this medicine as I've not heard of it before. At first glance it treats many ailments but seems rather dicey with regards to side effects and careful watch needed when coming off the medicine. Reliance on doctors for prescriptions, etc. add to the problems. By no stretch of the imagination am I saying Elderberries, Iodine, Bicarbonate of Soda are the answer, but under quarantine conditions and trying to take care of our families, getting to and from the doctors might cause unnecessary exposure.

Prednisone is used to treat conditions such as arthritis, blood disorders, breathing problems, severe allergies, skin diseases, cancer, eye problems, and immune system disorders. Prednisone belongs to a class of drugs known as corticosteroids. It decreases your immune system's response to various diseases to reduce symptoms such as swelling and allergic-type reactions.

How to use Prednisone
Take this medication by mouth, with food or milk to prevent stomach upset, as directed by your doctor. Take the tablet form of this medication with a full glass of water (8 ounces/240 milliliters) unless your doctor directs you otherwise. If you are using the liquid form of this medication, carefully measure the dose using a special measuring device/spoon. Do not use a household spoon because you may not get the correct dose. If you are prescribed only one dose per day, take it in the morning before 9 A.M.
Take this medication exactly as directed by your doctor. Follow the dosing schedule carefully. The dosage and length of treatment are based on your medical condition and response to treatment. If you are taking this medication on a different schedule than a daily one (such as every other day), it may help to mark your calendar with a reminder.
Do not stop taking this medication without consulting your doctor. Some conditions may become worse when this drug is suddenly stopped. Also, you may experience symptoms such as weakness, weight loss, nausea, muscle pain, headache, tiredness, dizziness. To prevent these symptoms while you are stopping treatment with this drug, your doctor may reduce your dose gradually. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details. Report any new or worsening symptoms right away.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens.

Would the doctors be any help under these circumstances??

Back
Top Bottom