DMSA for heavy metal detox - how long available?

I just got this book on order as well.... must be good cuz it's real expensive if you buy new. :P I also noticed there are 2 versions out on Amazon, one published in 1992 and one in 2001 (2nd edition). It's a little more than the 1st but went ahead with it anyway!

And a thank you from me as well, I get the feeling some very interesting discoveries are going to come about as we dig into this!

If they run out of copies, we'll figure something out.

As long as there are decently-priced used copies around, you can do a search on bookfinder.com - with results including the shipping price.

Laura - does the edition matter?

Thanks.

I was going to go the Barnes and Noble route because I think this is really a problem for me but patience is the order of the day apparently.

Thanks again.

Gimpy said:
Laura said:
Also, I've been doing the mercury detox while having my amalgams removed. I may do an extra cycle or two just to be sure. I have the last two removed on Friday. (Had two done today.)

My dentists are real careful about removing the amalgams, but I still get sick and have more problems with MS than usual. I take the detox cocktail from Sherry Rogers books, and add in spirulina and chlorella. Anything more is too harsh. My next crown will be in this week, then I have one amalgam left.

Right now I can't eat much of anything and am feeling pretty icky. I had to stop the Ultra shakes and stick to brown rice only over the weekend.

So far, its been like this: two steps forward, one back.

Hi, Gimpy,

I realize your post is a few years old but I'm new to this thread and since I'm having some problems myself with iron levels, etc, and I've had heavy dentistry, I thought I'd chime in for what it's worth.

It's not just important to replace amalgams with composites, although, that's certainly where to start but it's also important to research the sealants, cleaners (often bleach solution applied directly to the open tooth surface), etc, used in the whole removal/replacement process. There are many different options dentists can choose from and even the most biologically minded dentists don't always have the gold standards in the "incidentals", if you will. Those fillers seep directly into the blood stream and can do significant immediate or permanent harm.

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/news/20100907/bpa-from-dental-sealants-fillings-is-it-safe

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/342328/description/Putting_BPA-based_dental_fillings_in_perspective

Also, after having one root canal go really badly, I have done a lot of research into focal infection and root canals are a huge no-no except in cases where there is just no other way to save a tooth, meaning the tooth would have to be pulled and the funds are not available for a false tooth or it's in the front of the mouth and for cosmetic reasons the original tooth must be kept in place.

http://www.naturalnews.com/025412_root_canals_bacteria_infection.html

I hope this information is useful to someone. I wish I had known it before I got in way over my head.

salinafaerie said:
Gimpy said:
Laura said:
Also, I've been doing the mercury detox while having my amalgams removed. I may do an extra cycle or two just to be sure. I have the last two removed on Friday. (Had two done today.)

My dentists are real careful about removing the amalgams, but I still get sick and have more problems with MS than usual. I take the detox cocktail from Sherry Rogers books, and add in spirulina and chlorella. Anything more is too harsh. My next crown will be in this week, then I have one amalgam left.

Right now I can't eat much of anything and am feeling pretty icky. I had to stop the Ultra shakes and stick to brown rice only over the weekend.

So far, its been like this: two steps forward, one back.

Hi, Gimpy,

I realize your post is a few years old but I'm new to this thread and since I'm having some problems myself with iron levels, etc, and I've had heavy dentistry, I thought I'd chime in for what it's worth.

It's not just important to replace amalgams with composites, although, that's certainly where to start but it's also important to research the sealants, cleaners (often bleach solution applied directly to the open tooth surface), etc, used in the whole removal/replacement process. There are many different options dentists can choose from and even the most biologically minded dentists don't always have the gold standards in the "incidentals", if you will. Those fillers seep directly into the blood stream and can do significant immediate or permanent harm.

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/news/20100907/bpa-from-dental-sealants-fillings-is-it-safe

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/342328/description/Putting_BPA-based_dental_fillings_in_perspective

Also, after having one root canal go really badly, I have done a lot of research into focal infection and root canals are a huge no-no except in cases where there is just no other way to save a tooth, meaning the tooth would have to be pulled and the funds are not available for a false tooth or it's in the front of the mouth and for cosmetic reasons the original tooth must be kept in place.

http://www.naturalnews.com/025412_root_canals_bacteria_infection.html

I hope this information is useful to someone. I wish I had known it before I got in way over my head.

Darn. I looked into it, but did not go all that far, and I ended up trusting the established Finnish dental practise of using a kind of ceramic-plastic combination that I discussed with my dentists only. I could have done better it seems.

Oh well, I am enjoying my new teeth. Which incidentally do not trap as much meat in one gap that the dentist noticed was too wide and filled it in a bit for me. Handy to not always have to floss immediately after each meal.

I'm reading more on heavy metal detox and it seems that it is REALLY important though the book I just finished didn't say a thing about iron.

Anyway, I've gotten some EDTA capsules and have DMSA already, so am doing a three day cycle of both along with alpha lipoic acid which crosses the blood brain barrier and can help to detox the brain. Putting that together with a visit to the blood mobile on a regular basis, and I should be all set.

Laura said:
I'm reading more on heavy metal detox and it seems that it is REALLY important though the book I just finished didn't say a thing about iron...

I have been encountering more information about heavy metal toxicity effects, and realizing that that could be a significant part of my symptoms. I didn't have any fillings until I was 40 years old, however, and I think all of my symptoms go back much further. The one problem I have identified that may have changed within a few years after the fillings was increased fatigue, which is one of my bigger problems now.

I am still looking for others; it's hard to remember details from 22 years ago. But of course there are other ways to be exposed to heavy metals besides fillings.

Breton said:
Darn. I looked into it, but did not go all that far, and I ended up trusting the established Finnish dental practise of using a kind of ceramic-plastic combination that I discussed with my dentists only. I could have done better it seems.

Oh well, I am enjoying my new teeth. Which incidentally do not trap as much meat in one gap that the dentist noticed was too wide and filled it in a bit for me. Handy to not always have to floss immediately after each meal.

Hi Breton,

I did myself significant harm even though I thought I had done sufficient research, too. It's been a hard lesson, especially because it effected my body in such profound ways but we can only know what we know when we know it.

FWIW, another thing I learned in this process was how over flossing can actually cause gaps between the teeth and receding gums when too much pressure is used. Gum tissue cannot be regrown once it's lost and the replacement surgery is very costly. Again, another expensive lesson for me in more ways than one. I am not suggesting not flossing, just using a gentle touch.

All the best to you and your teeth. :P

Gandalf said:
Tomek said:
The Iron Elephant is on his way home !

Same thing for me.

Thanks Laura for sharing again. :flowers:

Well, abebooks has just written to me telling me that the the cost for sending the book to my home is a bit more expensive. Instead of being 15$, they are asking me now 75$. I have just told them to cancel the order.

Laura said:
If they run out of copies, we'll figure something out.

After many other trials, it does look like that many sellers (including amazon.com) don't want to deliver to Canada.

Still searching for the book. :(

Gandalf said:
Well, abebooks has just written to me telling me that the the cost for sending the book to my home is a bit more expensive. Instead of being 15$, they are asking me now 75$. I have just told them to cancel the order.

I ordered the book from abe last night, the older edition, and it was the last copy of $15, with shipping at $15 also (USD). The rest of their copies were at higher prices.

I found this place where you can order it still at $15, with $15 shipping for Canada (USD).

http://www.bookch.com/6371.htm

Perhaps you can try it out? All other options bring up the book much more expensive.

Alana said:
Gandalf said:

I ordered the book from abe last night, the older edition, and it was the last copy of $15, with shipping at $15 also (USD). The rest of their copies were at higher prices.

I found this place where you can order it still at $15, with $15 shipping for Canada (USD).

http://www.bookch.com/6371.htm

Perhaps you can try it out? All other options bring up the book much more expensive.

Hi Alana,

Thanks for the info.

However the phone number is not good anymore and although I tried to order the book form their site, it does not work. I just can not submit the order.

Still looking for another option.

Back
Top Bottom