DMSA for heavy metal detox - how long available?

Mr. Premise said:
I am not going to be able to afford to get my mercury fillings removed for a while. But if I understand the consensus here, we should go ahead and start with DMSA cycles anyway. What I read about DMSA pulling mercury out of fillings and getting in the way of detoxifying or actually doing more toxifying didn't seem that plausible, but I could be wrong.

How many do you have? I had 10 to 14 (can't remember the exact number :-[). Due to health issues, I had them removed one at a time over the course of five years. Taking them out one at a time can be a pain, but it can be done as you can afford it. It will also give you practice in shoring up your health as you go along. :) Another thing to think about is wearing a nightgaurd mouthpiece. I wear one because I grind my teeth at night. If all your fillings are on bottom teeth, a night gaurd will cover them up so you at least arn't getting mercury vapor as you sleep.

Good nutrition will help a lot til you can get them all out, plus supplementing with a lot of Alpha Lipoic Acid. (It helps me quite a bit)

Posté par: Laura
Well, get Baker's book first and read it carefully. His chapter on fats is a revelation.

After reading this chapter I decided to do a "oil change" as I have symptom of omega3 deficiency such as cracking fingertips in winter. I do take omega-3 (krilex) supplement and it helped a lot this last winter but, I think that I need to take a larger dose and do the oil change. I bought a omega-3 supplement that give per tee spoon 2300 mg of omega 3, EPA 1500 mg and DHA 500 mg (ratio 3:1). From Dr. Baker is book p.181, he write that a dose of 1000 to 1500 mg of fatty acid should suffice for maintenance but doesn't recommend a quantity for someone who as a deficit of omega-3. My idea is to take a tee spoon a day + 2 capsule of krilex to start and see if the symptom go away in a week or so, if not raise to two tee spoon a day. Before starting on the new diet last may, I never took omega-3 supplement and didn't eat much good oil. We use bad vegetable oil for cooking but good olive oil for salad only.

Yes, one at a time seems the way to go. I have 10, but the fillings in the four molars in the back are so large that I would probably have to have crowns on them, which is really expensive, so I can do the other, smaller ones, which are newer. And yes, I've been taking ALA and NAC, too, plus Milk Thistle. Looking forward to doing the DMSA thing, even though it sounds unpleasant.

Gimpy said:
Mr. Premise said:
I am not going to be able to afford to get my mercury fillings removed for a while. But if I understand the consensus here, we should go ahead and start with DMSA cycles anyway. What I read about DMSA pulling mercury out of fillings and getting in the way of detoxifying or actually doing more toxifying didn't seem that plausible, but I could be wrong.

How many do you have? I had 10 to 14 (can't remember the exact number :-[). Due to health issues, I had them removed one at a time over the course of five years. Taking them out one at a time can be a pain, but it can be done as you can afford it. It will also give you practice in shoring up your health as you go along. :) Another thing to think about is wearing a nightgaurd mouthpiece. I wear one because I grind my teeth at night. If all your fillings are on bottom teeth, a night gaurd will cover them up so you at least arn't getting mercury vapor as you sleep.

Good nutrition will help a lot til you can get them all out, plus supplementing with a lot of Alpha Lipoic Acid. (It helps me quite a bit)

Data said:
Psyche said:
Video about mercury amalgams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylnQ-T7oiA

:shock:
Have you seen the video of the withdrawing brain neurons when exposed to mercury?

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/177144-Video-Brain-Neuron-Degeneration-via-Mercury-Poisoning

:shock:

Oh my! I can't imagine what's going on inside my body with my fillings... As Mr. Premise, I don't think I can afford to replace them at the moment, but will take the suggestion of doing one at the time over a long period of time.
I've ordered Detoxification and Healing and will start with DSMA after having read it.

In December and January I went through a candida diet, but didn't really take any anti fungal. I think it is better for me to do a candida test before I start this.

I am not very far into the detox diet, but I can be thankful that I removed my 1/2 dozen silver amalgam fillings in 1990. At the time, I did it for cosmetic reasons!! Only to learn later that my vanity was a good thing in this case. :-[ I am thankful that I removed them before having children. I did not overload my boys with mercury from my breast milk. :love:

I did, however, use thimerosal (mercury) preserved contact lens solution thru out the 80's.

For those who use a far-infrared blanket, did you begin using this prior to any other detox? My diet is pretty good, Mediterranean for the most part, but I have yet to get off the gluten and dairy and still cheat some on sugar. I have a ways to go before DMSA. osit.

LissyLou said:
I am not very far into the detox diet, but I can be thankful that I removed my 1/2 dozen silver amalgam fillings in 1990. At the time, I did it for cosmetic reasons!! Only to learn later that my vanity was a good thing in this case. :-[ I am thankful that I removed them before having children. I did not overload my boys with mercury from my breast milk. :love:

Well, you didn't get rid of your mercury by getting rid of your fillings. Until you do a dedicated detox, it stays in your body and one of the main ways to move it out of the body IS in breast milk. So sorry, the kids are probably loaded already.

LissyLou said:
I did, however, use thimerosal (mercury) preserved contact lens solution thru out the 80's.

For those who use a far-infrared blanket, did you begin using this prior to any other detox? My diet is pretty good, Mediterranean for the most part, but I have yet to get off the gluten and dairy and still cheat some on sugar. I have a ways to go before DMSA. osit.

Gluten and dairy are right up there in evilness next to the heavy metals.

Thanks for correcting me, Laura. I am headed to the Detoxification: Heavy metals, Mercury and how to get rid of them thread. Not only do I have a ways to go, but I also have a lot to learn about this process.

As to the fluoride releasing properties of the white ceramic compounds (glass ionomer):

Almost all of the glass ionomers have fluoride in them and release them slowly over time (Fuji 9, Ketac, Photac). I am not aware that there are non-fluoride releasing glass ionomers on the market (but I could be wrong).

However, the fluoride release will get less over time and needs to be "recharged" from time to time (e.g. when you visit your dentist or oral hygienist). So probably best strategy is to get one of the glass ionomer and avoid the "recharge" be declining the high-dose fluoride paste that your dentist usually gets you to keep in your mouth for several minutes at the end of the treatment.

I usually tell the dentist that it makes we vomit (which is actually true).

Im in the process of removing my dental amalgams now! I'm so happy with it, removed one today. I think I'll wait a week at least before removing the other one. I did not however like the fact that the nurse didn't use the suction enough, I will talk to her about it next time. I could just extrapolate from the famous "dental gasing-video" how much I breathed in. Though very soon I will begin the heavy-metal detox! Just wanted to update you all :)

Quote from: Psyche on March 18, 2010, 01:04:52 PM
Video about mercury amalgams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylnQ-T7oiA

Have you seen the video of the withdrawing brain neurons when exposed to mercury?

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/177144-Video-Brain-Neuron-Degeneration-via-Mercury-Poisoning

"Thanks" Gertrudes for this info., and eye opening utube. I would ask then, how much is your health worth, when people would say that it's expensive to have them removed, as I here allot from the unformed. :huh:

M.A.O. said:
"Thanks" Gertrudes for this info., and eye opening utube. I would ask then, how much is your health worth, when people would say that it's expensive to have them removed, as I here allot from the unformed. :huh:

I agree that one's health is worth one's life. But, here is where I need to prioritise. It isn't cheap to detoxify and buy quality food, but it is well worth the money if you can aford it.
As for myself, I've been pondering over buying a reversed osmosis water purifier, a sauna blanket, and now removing my silver fillings. I can't have it all in one go, so I am prioritizing and I have decided to go for the sauna blanket first. I plan to get all these things done eventually but, one step at the time :)

Advice sought about timing for starting the DMSA detox programme.

I saw my dentist last week and stated that I wanted to replace my amalgam fillings. Now that the x-ray results are back I'm due to see her next week to srt out a schedule; four teeth will need extracting and replacing, as there is not enough there naturally to support taking out the fillings, and many of these have had root canal work too; only two are then left to replace the fillings. It is unlikely that the extractions will take place before May. Extractions before replacement or the other way round?

I am aware that Laura said to start detoxing straight away, and of the possible side reactions. It is this later point, along with yet to get some of the supplements, that poses my question of when to start, as I am due to visit Europe in a few weeks time. I'm tempted to wait until my return, is this the best course of action?

What are you going to have in the place of the teeth extracted?

How long have you been gluten and dairy free and detoxing?

Mouth full of silver ammalgum fillings by the time I was 8. Now, when one goes/breaks off, I just have it pulled. The front 6 - 8 top and bottom are good though with some white fillings.

It seems the more I detox, the more I can taste the fillings left or should I say the molars I have left. Cutting gluten and dairy is doing wonders for the bloated feeling (since January). I also know people who have had expensive dental work done in Mexico at a fraction of the cost to do the same work in Canada. They say it more than pays for the trip, but what else are you getting with those dentures?

I have known some about Mercury fillings being bad for years now, but not before having the original ones replaced once already.......sick and twisted .... thanks for all the great information and solutions to problems that can blind side a person.

Laura said:
What are you going to have in the place of the teeth extracted?

How long have you been gluten and dairy free and detoxing?

Composite filling, my reason for it, except the price, is that its not neuro-toxic. I don't know if they are Bisphenol-A (BPA) free or not but I believe that its better overall.

Have been gluten free and (almost) dairy-free for about 5 months now but I still use a little bit of cream (40%) now and then. I used to drink quite a lot of 1.5% milk before I knew about its adverse heath effects, the goal is to remove this too though, I'm in the process. I felt the difference with a gluten-free diet quite early when I stopped eating it, I feel overall "happier" without gluten. Happy isn't the best word for it maybe but a lightness and better physical state, I think the word 'better' works too :) I feel better.

Back
Top Bottom