DMSA for heavy metal detox - how long available?

Laura said:
What are you going to have in the place of the teeth extracted?

How long have you been gluten and dairy free and detoxing?

For the first question, I have yet to discuss this with my dentist, what will be in the place of the teeth extracted, I imagine that they will be porcelain dentures (I think that is what I had before I got a bridge fitted for my two front teeth). This will be part of the discussion on Monday. What do you suggest?

I've been milk free for well over ten years, cheese free for well over a year. Gluten free, for seven months, and I started detoxing in April last year, first Sherry Rogers, then the UltraMind supplements and diet; the FIR infra-red sauna sessions started in August last year; and I did the anti-candida detox and diet/UltraSimple diet at about the same time (late July, early August).

Trevrizent said:
I've been milk free for well over ten years, cheese free for well over a year. Gluten free, for seven months, and I started detoxing in April last year, first Sherry Rogers, then the UltraMind supplements and diet; the FIR infra-red sauna sessions started in August last year; and I did the anti-candida detox and diet/UltraSimple diet at about the same time (late July, early August).

Hi Trevrizent,

Sounds like you are ready for this heavy metal detox. You can start the protocol, and stop the cycles of DMSA while you are traveling. It can become rather unpleasant. You can continue taking the other detox supplements though: vitamin C, selenium, zinc, etc. I think it is safer to be at home while you do the DMSA, which is why it is generally suggested to do it on Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the cycle.

My 2 cents.

Thanks Psyche. I'll wait until I'm back from Europe before starting.

Any comment on this:
Trevrizent said:
For the first question, I have yet to discuss this with my dentist, what will be in the place of the teeth extracted, I imagine that they will be porcelain dentures (I think that is what I had before I got a bridge fitted for my two front teeth). This will be part of the discussion on Monday. What do you suggest?

I don't know what the 'base plate' of dentures is made of - porcelain or 'plastic'? As there are probably too few teeth left to bridge on to.

Trevrizent said:
I don't know what the 'base plate' of dentures is made of - porcelain or 'plastic'? As there are probably too few teeth left to bridge on to.

I'm not sure. I had my fillings replaced with porcelain, apparently it is not expected to last as long as other materials, but my porcelains are just fine and still going. Best to ask the dentist to assess which is the less toxic material.

If you still have a few weeks to go before your trip, you can start the DMSA cycles and then discontinue them while you are traveling since you can really stop it at any time. Then you can re-start when you are back at home. You can take the DMSA on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Just another option.

Psyche said:
If you still have a few weeks to go before your trip, you can start the DMSA cycles and then discontinue them while you are traveling since you can really stop it at any time. Then you can re-start when you are back at home. You can take the DMSA on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Just another option.

I had 4 amalgams removed a couple of weeks ago and they were replaced by 4 cerec crowns. I began the DMSA protocol after that and so far i have done two cycles. No side effects, everything is going very smooth.

Psyche said:
Baker's protocol is the same one for mercury detox in autistic children:

DMSA
Vitamin C
Alpha lipoic acid
Zinc
Selenium
Vitamin B6
Vitamin E
Melatonin
Taurine
Reduced glutathione (Even if it doesn't get absorbed, apparently it helps to heal the gut, but we use NAC)

It is a two-week rotation with three days on DMSA and eleven days off. All of the supplements are taken every day, but the DMSA is taken only on days one through three of each cycle (200mg x 3, just for the first 3 days of each 14 days cycle). It is at least six cycles. More info on Baker's book: Detoxification and Healing.

I think I must be reading a different version of the book than you guys. I have this version http://www.amazon.com/Detoxification-Healing-Sidney-MacDonald-Baker/dp/0879837098/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271371978&sr=8-2

I read the book a few months ago and I'm thumbing through it now. I don't recall reading about the DMSA protocol and there is no listing for it in the index. Can you give a page number? Maybe I need to buy the different version. :rolleyes:

Hi Odyssey
I have a copy of the McGraw-Hill version, 2004, and it is on p112 - Chapter 6 Heavy Metals. And, DMSA is mentioned in the index. Also, the header page says that it is 'completely revised and up-to-date'. The last sentence may explain your problem. More expense? :)

Trevrizent said:
Hi Odyssey
I have a copy of the McGraw-Hill version, 2004, and it is on p112 - Chapter 6 Heavy Metals. And, DMSA is mentioned in the index. Also, the header page says that it is 'completely revised and up-to-date'. The last sentence may explain your problem. More expense? :)

Ah phooey :lol:. Back to the drawing board. I thought I was having trouble concentrating but I didn't think I was that bad to have missed something like DMSA. Info like that usually stands out for me.

Thanks. I'll get the new version.

Thanks all; and to Data and Psyche for the videos. Until tonight I wasn't sure whether people were simply whining about 25 year old fillings. Now I am shocked. Even more by now understanding why I had to sit there while my teeth had to have big holes drilled in them - argh. I got my DMSA shipment from Canada, but in the month the shipping required, I surprisingly learned to eliminate wheat from my diet in a life-changing episode. I'm anxious to get started on the detox, but my intuition is to hold off for a bit.

Just started yesterday on my first DMSA cycle. I decided to do 10mg/kg per day in three parts (empty stomach, or the closest I get to that). Three days of that and 11 days off. So far no bad side effects!

Mr. Premise said:
Just started yesterday on my first DMSA cycle. I decided to do 10mg/kg per day in three parts (empty stomach, or the closest I get to that). Three days of that and 11 days off. So far no bad side effects!

I'm planning to do this soon. I just need to get and read the 'Detoxification and healing' book first. I was wondering, what are the most common side effects, what have you guys experienced? Or would you rather not tell... :lol:

Guess there are some descriptions in the book too...?

Aragorn said:
I was wondering, what are the most common side effects, what have you guys experienced? Or would you rather not tell... :lol:

Potential side effects include rashes, nausea, loose stools, bloating, fatigue, headaches, gastrointestinal side effects, flu like symptoms, pains. Others have reported feeling toxic, and having increased burning symptoms in feet and legs and so forth. Others have increased anxiousness, shyness, crankiness, and related. For these last symptoms, you can have an idea by checking the following article:

http://www.autism.com/triggers/vaccine/mercury.htm Scroll down until you find "Table I: Summary Comparison of Traits of Autism & Mercury Poisoning", see "psychiatric disturbances".

People who have mercury toxicity problems may have symptoms, is also an indication that mercury is been mobilized so as to get excreted. It should never be unbearable though.

It helps to read several sources on mercury chelation/DMSA to see what people are reporting and to know better what to expect.

I have had rashes, headaches, flu like symptoms, but specially... some of the "psychiatric disturbances" described in the table above. Specially anxiety. I admit feeling like a total basket case when taking DMSA.

Psyche said:
I have had rashes, headaches, flu like symptoms, but specially... some of the "psychiatric disturbances" described in the table above. Specially anxiety. I admit feeling like a total basket case when taking DMSA.

I have done 2 cycles and so far I have no symptoms. Geez, I am wondering if it is normal :huh:

DMSA seems like a very good supplement to do the detoxing work for heavy metals, but its pretty expensive. I will do more research in to alternative metal detoxs or mercury detoxs, one that I am considering is Algas.

Gandalf said:
I have done 2 cycles and so far I have no symptoms. Geez, I am wondering if it is normal :huh:

Wait for another couple of cycles to see how it goes, sometimes it doesn't come out initially. Here are some of the observations on this:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=16812.msg147204#msg147204
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=16812.msg147217#msg147217

Back
Top Bottom