DMSO - Dimethylsulphoxide

I have used antibiotics in dmso to heal a tooth infection before. It works very well. I, too, wondered if adding lugols into the mix was a good idea. Since I wasn't sure, I just used both, but applied each separately in dmso.

Something else I recently learned, is the immune system in the pulp of teeth, requires Vitamin K2 to activate. So not a bad idea to be sure you get plenty, along with D3 to help the healing process.

I received mine friday (1 gallon in a plastic bottle) and the degree of purity is 99,996%. They say it can be kept for an indefinite time.

It is written on the paper which came with the bottle that it is a solvent and can not be use for internal use and don't ask us if you can use it internally since it is totally pure because we can not say anything else that is a solvent according to the law.

I bought it from that website : _www.dmso.net

So can i take it internally ?

Geez, the smell is just awful.

Hi Gandalf - thanks for sharing your DMSO source. Were you happy with the product? I'm interested in getting some bulk DMSO like you did. And you're in Canada, yes? They shipped to Canada?

For pain and hay fever relief; I started with a solution of roughly 20-25ml DMSO to 75-80ml distilled water for internal and external use, adding more distilled water as and when.

What was your protocol for hay fever? You mention internal and external use - how much did you take, for how long, and where did you apply this for hay fever? What were your results?

What was your protocol for hay fever? You mention internal and external use - how much did you take, for how long, and where did you apply this for hay fever? What were your results?

@iamthatis

For hay fever, I used it internally. That consisted of taking 2-5 sprays orally in the morning, depending on the severity of the symptoms, and then one spray as and when throughout the day. That is as symptoms arose. It worked out as a spray every 5 hours or so.

It worked better than it didn't, particularly for a crisis. It definitely decreased the severity and frequency to a point that I stopped having any symptoms for days in the midst of high pollen counts.

For pains and aches, I'd clean the skin on the surface of the area experiencing aches and pains and spray topically twice. To clean, it was usually with diluted hydrogen peroxide yet there are a few occasions it wasn't to hand and I used the next best alternative. That worked well.

There is a thread discussing hay fever in more detail here. A nebulization protocol is mentioned in this DMSO thread and in the Hay Fever thread. Plus, Vitamin C is mentioned there and a good one to add. When I do take it, I usually take liposomal Vit. C on an empty stomach in the mornings, and then as and when needed.

In addition to antihistamines, which sometimes don't work for some people, there are homeopathic solutions. For example, a homeopathic Mixed Pollens remedy has worked well combined with an antihistamine where the antihistamine by itself has failed. I've taken A. Vogel's Pollinosan Hayfever Tablets on its own with great success too.

On a caffeine-free, dairy-free carnivore diet, all of my hayfever symptoms hit the road of their own accord!

So, with hayfever (or any nasal, respiratory, or general inflammation), there are factors both individual and environmental which means different remedies work differently for different people at different times. And maybe muscle testing and applied kinesiology are helpful here, in addition to other tests? FWIW.

All the best :-)

As dr. Gaby wrote here DMSO releases histamine. For the past 10 days or so I have been applying DMSO to the skin on my nose - amongst others - and noticed that the inflammation has decreased (checked this with one of my kids, otherwise it could be wishful thinking). My nose looked quite inflamed, but seems to be back to its original colour, except for some small pockets of skin, which is a good sign. I had a massage the other day and found that my nose became stuffy. The therapist explained that this was caused by histamine, but it was nothing compared to the effect that DMSO is having, because my nose becomes runny after applying it, so lots of histamine seems to be released!

I found the following paragraphs about The Healing Power of DMSO in DMSO Nature's Healer by dr. Morton Walker interesting as it explains the effect of DMSO on macrophages:
As a unique nutrient substance, DMSO tends to cause a build-up of white blood cells and more immune production of the migration inhibitory factor (MIF) of macrophages. White blood cells surround any foreign particles in the blood thus helping the body to fight infections. Macrophages are large wandering white blood cells that eat and destroy foreign proteins including microorganisms and other cells in the blood and tissues. Thus, the immune system is made more effective by DMSO, which allows macrophages to move around and through the tissues faster. The MIF, or the factor that holds back macrophages from wandering away from where they are needed, immobilizes and activates bystander macrophages. Such activated macrophages have specific and nonspecific death-dealing properties against germs and are poisonous to tumor cells. MIF is a kind of natural chemotherapy for cancer present in the body all the time. 23 24
By its ability to modulate the lymphocyte form of white blood cell, DMSO potentiates its immune production of MIF. In conjunction with immune stimulation, DMSO can enter the cell to prime or activate the subcellular mechanisms involved in the production and release of MIF. Also, it produces a cofactor that enhances MIF or has MIF-like activity.
DMSO diminishes allergic reactions by unfolding the cell membrane and making more cell receptor sites available to attachment by specific antigens, the substances that stimulate the body's production of antibodies. When antigens appear in the blood or tissue, antibodies that are produced or are already present move into action against them and neutralize them. This process helps to produce immunity to infectious diseases and prohibit the growth of malignancies.
The modulating effect of DMSO on lymphocytes also tends to increase the production of other lymphokines (stimulators of the circulation of lymph through the vessels) such as interferon and lymphotoxin, as well as enhance the direct toxin diluent effect of sensitive lymphocytes. Such a diluent reduces the potency of a toxin. This activity has application in the control of microbiological infections and tumors. It could be effective in breaking the body's tolerance that may be associated with cancer, and could also affect the tolerance associated with the acceptance of organ transplants. DMSO may eventually be used as a cancer preventative or an agent helping to prevent transplant rejection.
DMSO tends to potentiate cell-mediated immunity in diseases reported to be associated with the decrease of cell-mediated responses, such as multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, sarcoidosis, lymphoid thyroiditis, ulcerative colitis, lepromatous leprosy, cancer and congenital diseases associated with T-cell deficiency or dysfunction. For all these problems, DMSO could be quite effective in healing or useful in their metabolic treatment.
Furthermore, DMSO could also potentiate the cell-mediated immunity that accounts for autoimmune diseases. 25
At the same time I'm taking all kinds of supplements that help my gut, liver and skin, like vitamin D3, berberine and wild yam.

I will report back if anything else changes.

I have two basal cell carcinomas on my face and after applying DMSO approx. three times a day for more than 2 weeks one of them came off whilst having a shower. It left a small wound which was weeping a bit this morning (after applying more DMSO to it), so I applied some calendula tincture to the skin after my skin was dry as this could set the epithelisation process in motion. I'm going to leave the DMSO for now and see whether the calendula will help.

First I clean the area surrounding the carcinomas with witch hazel, this is an astringent, but also:
Witch hazel extract is considered to be polyphenolic and has been shown to help inhibit cell proliferation in cancerous human cells. Studies show that it is capable of stopping mutated cell cycles and inducing apoptosis (death of dangerous cells).
The first few days I only applied a 33% DMSO solution, because I had miscalculated, but the DMSO still did its job! I use some aloe vera on my skin afterwards, because it is so nice and soothing.

The carcinoma on my nose is a bit more persistent, so I just continue to apply DMSO mixed with distilled (rose) water and slowly, but surely the area starts looking less inflamed, so that's good news. Hopefully, the dermatologist will agree.

I'm very grateful for the knowledge gathered in this thread and for the people who keep telling us about this nature's healer!!

One thing I was wondering is whether DMSO also acts on the mental plane. Or perhaps it is the notion that we can improve our health by networking and applying knowledge. Anyhow, it has given me a boost and much more confidence.:clap:

Last edited:
I have two basal cell carcinomas on my face and after applying DMSO approx. three times a day for more than 2 weeks one of them came off whilst having a shower. It left a small wound which was weeping a bit this morning (after applying more DMSO to it), so I applied some calendula tincture to the skin after my skin was dry as this could set the epithelisation process in motion. I'm going to leave the DMSO for now and see whether the calendula will help.

First I clean the area surrounding the carcinomas with witch hazel, this is an astringent, but also:

The first few days I only applied a 33% DMSO solution, because I had miscalculated, but the DMSO still did its job! I use some aloe vera on my skin afterwards, because it is so nice and soothing.

The carcinoma on my nose is a bit more persistent, so I just continue to apply DMSO mixed with distilled (rose) water and slowly, but surely the area starts looking less inflamed, so that's good news. Hopefully, the dermatologist will agree.

I'm very grateful for the knowledge gathered in this thread and for the people who keep telling us about this nature's healer!!

One thing I was wondering is whether DMSO also acts on the mental plane. Or perhaps it is the notion that we can improve our health by networking and applying knowledge. Anyhow, it has given me a boost and much more confidence.:clap:
How did you apply to DMSO? Did you use a cotton swab, cotton ball, or something else?

The carcinoma on my nose is a bit more persistent, so I just continue to apply DMSO mixed with distilled (rose) water and slowly, but surely the area starts looking less inflamed, so that's good news.
For the sake of accuracy: it is likely that my nose was still inflamed because of a miniscule piece of stitching which had been left behind after the biopsy. My GP removed it and my nose starts to look a bit better. I had been wondering why the skin on my nose continued to look inflamed despite my applying DMSO religiously. With my fingers I could feel something sharpish was sticking out of my nose, and I could see a black spot. On the pic that one of my kids took it looked like a piece of stitching. So, another lesson learnt that we have to keep a close eye on our body and pay attention to the smallest signs! Phew!

I ran across a short podcast for tinnitus and this was mentioned in the notes:

DMSO (Dimethyl sulfoxide) has been shown to cure tinnitus by using 40 % DMSO drops in the ear with a lotion of cayenne, DMSO & aloe vera applied around the ear 4 times per day, within one month.

So I guess the other 60% of the eardrop solution would be made up of water? :huh:

I ran across a short podcast for tinnitus and this was mentioned in the notes:

DMSO (Dimethyl sulfoxide) has been shown to cure tinnitus by using 40 % DMSO drops in the ear with a lotion of cayenne, DMSO & aloe vera applied around the ear 4 times per day, within one month.

So I guess the other 60% of the eardrop solution would be made up of water? :huh:
Interesting! I have been experiencing tinnitus since late 2019 when I became very ill and experienced a very intense ‘flu’ (probably covid) and another bout earlier this year. Tinnitus is very hard to deal with. So will explore this more deeply. I am so grateful to you Mrs Peel! 🌟

Well, I have tinnitus since a long time, I can't really remember when it started, I just know that I did not had it when i was young - I would say that it started between 20 and 30y old. It's an high pitch sound, constant, for which i get used to live with. I regularly store on my PC some mails or documents on how to heal tinnitus but I never started something to get rid of it. In fact, from what I read, it can comes from many reasons and I thought that it would be a loss of time & energy to try to remove it.
I did not read all the thread, but well read the comment of Laura who testimony the results, and it's encouraging.

Quoting Gaby :
The solution for tinnitus called for an old school anti-inflammatory, a vasoactive and DMSO. So we opted for metamizol, pentox and DMSO.

Pentox 300mg/15ml: 1ml
Metamizol 2g/5ml (brand name Nolotil, contains magnesium): 4ml
Quinton isotonic: 20ml
DMSO 99.9%: 4ml.
... sorry for my lack of experience in preparing mixtures, but does it mean that I have first (of course) to purchase these 4 products, then mix the 4 of them (1ml of Pentox, 4m of Metamizol, 20ml of Quinton isotonic and 4ml of DMSO) and that's all for the preparation ?
And then, simply put some drops in my ears before sleeping (as I always read before sleep i can do same way Laura did) ?

Open question i always wondered, but first a small explanation :
It's only when i think about that I hear it, but 99% of the time I get used with it, and it does not prevent me to hear small noises even if the "volume" of the constant beeeeep is pretty high sometimes. My wondering was to know is this constant noise has consequences ? Does it affect emotions, the intellect (like bringing more rapidly an intellectual/mental fatigue), or, on a larger scale, does this "eat" some of my daily energy ?

If any one here succeeded to cure a long-time tinnitus, except the fact of having succeeded to experience again a true silence, did you notice other benefits ? Sub question if you meditate : did it help for meditation ?

I quickly searched in the transcripts but no question was asked about tinnitus and what consequences (we may not be aware of) this "illness" can bring. I had in mind the following while reading the early sessions (1994 to 1997 in the books) last year, when the subject of implants was discussed, i was wondering if provoking a tinnitus could be one of the "functions" of some implants ? Or maybe not a direct function, but a kind of ... collateral effect ?

Anyway, thanks for this thread and all the information all wrote here :-)

My mother-in-law was suffering from tinnitus and found relief with Lipo-Flavonoid capsules. She only uses the daytime formula.

It is basically a combination of vitamins. About half of people find they help. They also have a night time formula that includes melatonin. I know you haven't had much luck with that @Mrs. Peel , so maybe worth a go for day time capsules.

I don't know much about DMSO and tinnitis, but I'm not too keen on cayenne pepper in my ear! Or did you mean the lotion of cayenne is rubbed around the outside of the ear? I read awhile back that tinnitis is basically overactive nerves firing off unabated, so I suppose cayenne would stun it into silence? Maybe you can somehow acquire Gaby's list and give that a try and try LipoFlavonoid until then?

Back
Top Bottom