Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Mr. Premise said:
One other benefit I found. My heart rate has decreased by 10 since I started. It used to be around 70 bpm at rest and 145 or so in a vigorous workout. Yesterday I worked out at a hotel fitness center where they had treadmills and stairmaster things that monitored the heart rate and doing my normal workout I had a hard get my heart rate past 130. I used to be able to get it to 145 with no problem. Today I counted by heartbeat at rest and it was 60! (much healthier than 70)
same here, mine is in the range of 50 at rest now, and my stamina for cardio workout has increased three fold. And this is only after couple of weeks

In my last post I wrote about:

mada85 said:
For the past couple of days I have been feeling very weary, lacking in energy – I feel that I could fall asleep at any moment. I feel that the emotional component of this is grief and pain, or perhaps suppressed rage, but it feels most like grief. I haven’t been able to express it in tears yet. Perhaps it doesn’t need to come out as tears . . . I don’t know yet. But I am going to continue with the meditation program, which I absolutely love.

Last night before sleeping I did the complete program as usual. I awoke at 4am this morning feeling overwhelmed by grief and immediately started crying – grieving for my lost life. And then I found myself thinking in the voice of a little boy and feeling his/my pain of not having a mummy, his/my mummy having been a ‘moving target’ (to use the Pressman’s terminology). I even felt physically like a little boy. This was an immensely cleansing experience and was, I think, directly related to my practice of E-E. And today my energy has returned, but in a more relaxed way.

Laura said:
It also might be a good idea to reserve doing the whole program on one or two days a week, and only do the other breathing parts as needed, and just the meditation before sleeping. Perhaps if we reserve Monday and Thursday evenings for doing the whole program, and we know that everyone else is going to be doing it on those days at some time, it will add force to our practice? You can assume, with the global presence of the people on this forum, that at any given time on those specified days, your practice will be simultaneous with someone else's or overlapping in time.

a reminder for anyone who missed the above, and might want to take up this suggestion: that would be tonight then.
All together now...

I have been doing the entire program almost every evening - perhaps it is a bit too much - but of course will want to practice this evening!

I have felt much of the same responses others have mentioned - the tingling sensation or vibration during the Ba Ha breathing. Also some spontaneous tears / crying sessions with memories surfacing that I had no idea carried any hidden grief - interesting. But I have also felt deep sadness at odd moments - and wondered if this is in response to the breathing/meditation or just sadness from life on the BBM at this time.

I have been a forum member for awhile but am one of those who has difficulty posting. However I am excited, because in spite of the blocks I still feel when I think about posting, I now feel a stronger sense of wanting to be a part of this - and i sense that hanging in the background only reading is not what i want to do going forward.

Thank you so much Laura and SOTT for all you have given us!!

Nomad said:
Laura said:
It also might be a good idea to reserve doing the whole program on one or two days a week, and only do the other breathing parts as needed, and just the meditation before sleeping. Perhaps if we reserve Monday and Thursday evenings for doing the whole program, and we know that everyone else is going to be doing it on those days at some time, it will add force to our practice? You can assume, with the global presence of the people on this forum, that at any given time on those specified days, your practice will be simultaneous with someone else's or overlapping in time.

a reminder for anyone who missed the above, and might want to take up this suggestion: that would be tonight then.
All together now...

I'm up for it. Should we set a specific time tonight?

John! said:
Nomad said:
All together now...

I'm up for it. Should we set a specific time tonight?

My concern is the time zone between us. Perhaps it's the day that counts or is there a need for a specific time? Just wondering...

Sky said:
My concern is the time zone between us. Perhaps it's the day that counts or is there a need for a specific time? Just wondering...

I just had a thought, FWIW
if time is really illusion maybe its not that important that we all do it at exactly the same time as long as we all do it regularly all the time,
of course I might be completely wrong

I've noticed a few things doing the meditation. First of all, I've experienced some "zoning" but I'm not sure how much of that wasn't just sleepiness. I even find myself zoning after the first line of the prayer and "popping" back when Laura says "Carried..." The other night during the meditation I drifted off and half-dreamed I was talking to somebody. At some point I realized that what I was saying or doing was incorrect and snapped my fingers. The dream "hand" moved from my upper right vision to my lower left and the sound of it "snapped" me out of it. It wasn't an electricity pop, but the inner noise startled me awake.

It reminded me of a time when I used to do some Indian guru's "inner light and sound" meditation. During light meditation (the goal of which is to see Divine Light during meditation) I saw a lighthouse in my mind's eye, and as it turned towards my field of vision the light was so bright it startled me out of my state.

Also, my dreams have been more clear, and I've been remembering them with ease. Last night I had a weird one. At one point I was in the top room of a tower (like a castle -- circular with windows in the stone walls) with a woman I knew in the dream to be my partner. The room was full of poisonous bees and I knew that she had put them there for the purpose of killing me. The thing was, in the dream this was a GOOD thing, and something that I'd done before, so I was thankful to her. It was more of an assisted-suicide scenario, or something like that. Perhaps because she had done this for me, I was so thankful that I changed my mind and realized that it was better to live with her than for either of us to die at that moment. I made sure neither of us had any bees on us, we stepped out of the room into the small hall with the windows and kissed.

I won't go into detail about the part of the dream where I was running atop a 5-foot high tire in a snowy mountain valley like a carnival performer!

Approaching Infinity said:
I've noticed a few things doing the meditation. First of all, I've experienced some "zoning" but I'm not sure how much of that wasn't just sleepiness. I even find myself zoning after the first line of the prayer and "popping" back when Laura says "Carried..." The other night during the meditation I drifted off and half-dreamed I was talking to somebody. At some point I realized that what I was saying or doing was incorrect and snapped my fingers. The dream "hand" moved from my upper right vision to my lower left and the sound of it "snapped" me out of it. It wasn't an electricity pop, but the inner noise startled me awake.

Hi AI -

I, too, had a similar experience of 'zoning' the last 2 nights of meditating (right before bedtime) that I hadn't experienced during the several previous same time meditations. At first, I attributed the 'zoning' to the Melatonin, HTP5 and Valerian root I took about an hour before - it's the same dosage and time I usually take it and it doesn't normally affect me like that. Prior to beginning the breathing and meditation, it was normal for me to wake up every 2 hours or so all night - even with the supplements.

While 'zoning', I heard what seemed to be a conversation with me and someone else. When I started to focus on the conversation, I quickly snapped back to the words Laura was speaking. I kind of giggled to myself that I had drifted off, but I wasn't asleep. :zzz:

So overall: I am sleeping much better than I normally did prior to doing the meditation before bed. I practice the pipe breathing during the day and it is certainly helping me alleviate quite a bit of the normally built up daily stress. (Can we get a 'hallelujah'?) :halo:

Corto Maltese said:
Sky said:

I just had a thought, FWIW
if time is really illusion maybe its not that important that we all do it at exactly the same time as long as we all do it regularly all the time,
of course I might be completely wrong

You are right... as I said, if you just consider that when you do it at YOUR normal time, realize that, with the spread of forum members around the globe, you will very likely be coinciding or OVERLAPPING with someone else doing it, it creates a sort of "chain," like somebody is doing it at any given time SOMEwhere!

Laura said:
You are right... as I said, if you just consider that when you do it at YOUR normal time, realize that, with the spread of forum members around the globe, you will very likely be coinciding or OVERLAPPING with someone else doing it, it creates a sort of "chain," like somebody is doing it at any given time SOMEwhere!
Beautiful image!

I had a same concern as Sky's.
With this image, I will start the meditation mp3 now at midnight in CA. :)

Nomad said:
Laura said:

All together now...

I have done it last night, about 21.30 (start time of warming up) CEST.
And it was very intensive in two specific ways:

• [@] I layed down for the three stage breathing, to try something different, and it was more relaxing, but I had to swallow almost all the time
    [@] The Beatha-Breathing, I tried it also while laying down, but has been not that good, so I sat up. All in all, it has been most intensive since I started the entire programm. My body has been shaking, sobbing and I couldn't continue the Beatha part because my nose was closed (I hope that's the right term in English: when you have catarrh and cannot breathe anymore) and needed time to calm down again.

But how do I continue to breath when I start to cry, my normal reflex is to hold the breath, but I remembered to keep on breathing as good as possible. How do you go on breathing?

abcdefghiJoerg said:
But how do I continue to breath when I start to cry, my normal reflex is to hold the breath, but I remembered to keep on breathing as good as possible. How do you go on breathing?

Why don’t you just let it be, tears are pure cleansing water. You can cry as much as you can and start breathing when you are ready....

Well I realise I'm a bit late in "joining the party" here, but I thought I'd nevertheless add my experiences and thoughts to the discussion.

First off, I just wish to thank Laura and the team for producing an incredible, powerful set of exercises that have given me something I have been looking for for years. I have always wanted to “get into meditation” or yoga-like practices, but I always got distracted, or made up excuses for not doing so. Also I found it very hard to meditate for any length of time. However I believe that these new exercises have made things “easier” for me because of the physical element which is involved -- at least more physical than any of the meditation stuff I’ve done in the past.

I downloaded the program about a week ago, but kept making excuses not to begin until last night. In fact I got so distracted that I didn’t begin watching the video (for the second time) until around 11 pm, and then I started the audio portion around 11:45 pm. So I didn’t finish the entire program until nearly 1 am!

The funny thing is, before I began I was quite tired and could have easily gone to sleep. I know this is not the best time to begin such work, but I thought that because I has already put it off for long enough, I had just better start the exercises right there and then.

Having said that, I did not get tired or yawn once the entire time, including the meditation portion, and I didn’t “zone out” at all. Once I got to the meditation portion, I was SO relaxed -- more relaxed than I can ever remember feeling in my entire life! And upon lying on my bed to commence the meditation portion, I could not stop smiling! I even laughed a little -- I don’t know why -- I think it was because I was just so darn impressed with how effective the previous part had been, and how amazingly calm I felt at that moment. All this in someone who suffers anxiety problems on a regular basis. I strongly believe my anxiety will subside with this program and with daily pipe breathing.

I noticed that the swallowing problem I had when I initially just did the pipe breathing exercises over the last couple of weeks, while lying down, seemed to have disappeared when incorporated into the entire program.

I had a couple of discomforts though: I couldn’t sit cross-legged for too long as it seemed to cut off my circulation and cause my legs to go all numb. Also I couldn’t sit in this position with a straight back for too long, so I decided to lean up against a wall. I believe that this will get better with time. However, I might just sit in a chair like Laura suggested and be comfortable!

The other thing I found was that during the bioenergetic breathing, more so during the faster sections, my nose began to sting as if the air I was breathing in was really cold (the air temperature was only about 22 degrees Celsius. or 72 F). I had to cease breathing entirely through my nose and breath through both my nose and mouth to reduce the discomfort. I guess I’ll have to change my technique, or perhaps it will lessen with time.

Anyway, I look forward to repeating the program again tonight!!!

Perceval said:
For me, one of the most striking features of it is that there is almost no sense that the air is flowing in through either the mouth or the nose. The draw on the air is created by the contraction of the muscles at the back of the throat. When you deliberately breath through your nose your nostrils flare a little and you feel the air passing in. When you breath deliberately through your mouth you feel the air on your teeth and tongue. But with pipe breathing the sensations are absent. Like I sad, it's almost like the air is being pulled by the muscles at the back of the mouth and throat, so maybe it is the air that is already in the mouth and nasal passages that is being inhaled.

About the feeling that no air is passing through the nose when doing the pipe breath inhalation: I agree with that, and the first time I did it I was wondering where the air was coming from that I was inhaling. My mouth was closed, so not that way; my nose had no sensation of air passing through it, so it didn’t seem to be going that way either. However a simple test -- blocking one’s nose and trying to breath in with pipe breath, which is impossible -- confirms that yes, indeed the air is being inhaled through one’s nose, and does not come from within one’s mouth!

Polonel said:
I tried this technique [mirror gazing] a few years ago and, yes, it produces "effects" for sure, I was able to see my face "changing" too, but I decided not to renew the experience because, well, it was creepy.

I tried this once or twice in the past, and you’re damn right it’s creepy. I saw all manner of faces staring back at me in the mirror -- people in my family, total strangers, evil faces -- you name it. It sent chills down my spine and just thinking about it creeps me out. Needless to say, never again!

annp said:
I have been a forum member for awhile but am one of those who has difficulty posting. However I am excited, because in spite of the blocks I still feel when I think about posting, I now feel a stronger sense of wanting to be a part of this - and i sense that hanging in the background only reading is not what i want to do going forward.

Thank you so much Laura and SOTT for all you have given us!!

Something tells me, more we follow this program more we will notice effects and profound changes in our behavior, like a snowball effect.

I noticed as of recently , as soon as Laura's voice starts I get permeated with this inner smile,very hard to describe - when I say the inner smile I mean this joy that can be felt in the internal organs, it starts from my plexus and I end up with constant relaxed smile on my face throughout the whole session. Its like, your whole body is smiling with some extraordinary quiet joy.
There is the notion of being immersed in this completely safe zone of the purple color, everything is soft and yielding, and the best way to describe it - everything is just RIGHT. In my mind's eye I can even see this all encompassing, sort of -organic, pulsating mesh of bright purple.

I also noticed that short mantra - 'Divine Cosmic Mind live in me now!' has very powerful effects in everyday life. Whenever I find myself in difficult situations where I have to perform at work under a lot of pressure as well as in usual daily inter-human reactions this mantra has very powerful effect in helping me to remember myself. Consecutively my actions have completely different flavor and they seem pretty much out of my usual character ( or my usual personality).

I've done all kinds of different meditation techniques and been practicing hatha yoga for long time but have never experienced something like this.
Indeed, it seems we have been given very powerful tool.

Back
Top Bottom