Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

I got really sick yesterday - like a stomach flu complete with fever, chills and body aches.

What's unusual is that what I ate the night before, I also had that same morning with no effects. The night that I went to sleep (just prior to getting sick the next morning) I had a really good breathing/meditation session. Initially when I woke up I felt mostly fine, but withing a half hour everything hit and was completely incapacitated. Is this one of the things that can happen as part of the cleansing?

Pete02 said:
Just to be clear, I had done both. Worked with CD-Rs and burned in 'audio' mode, not data. Nothing worked and I kept getting the 'error' message. Currently all those same CDs work fine in my new car so I believed it to be the CD player.

older cd-players (10+ years) that were built before or in the beginning when CD-R technology came on the market, are often unable to play burned cd's.

gaman said:
Pete02 said:
Hi Nienna Eluch,
Nienna Eluch said:
Thanks, mada85. I tried that. The cd played beautifully on my computer, but on my cd player, an error message came up and it wouldn't play. Maybe I will try it again with a different cd.

I had a similar problem with a car stereo of mine (Sony) that a purchase around '97 or '98. It seems it was just too old to recognize wma or mp3 formats. Sometimes it would play a few songs but most of the time I would get an 'error' message and it would just stop. Maybe Nero could burn in a format that might help, it is an excellent program, but it might just be time to upgrade. fwiw.

To increase the chances of success, make sure to burn it to a CD-R and not a CD-RW type of CD, and also burn it as an audio CD and not a "data" CD (if your software offers that options).

And let me also add the suggestion to burn AUDIO CD's at the slowest possible speed. This has helped a great deal for me to play CD's I have burned myself in some of my players (especially Sony CD in the car). I found that a CD-R made with say, 16x writing speed, just could not play reliably in this car cd player. I don't have an explanation for it, as I would not have expected it.

Was there a concentrated effort by forum members to try do the exercises Monday night?

I don't know if there would be a connection, but I had a an unusual feeling of peace the entire evening Monday BEFORE I did any breathing or meditation! No matter how kids or the wife were losing their cool here and there, I felt like my peace could hardly be disturbed. I felt that I should only reach out in love to anyone getting uptight and unable to control their emotions around me. Even towards the neighbor kid who was getting restless while all my kids and her brother were watching a video together with me. I somehow just sensed she would need a lap to sit in (I sort of suspect the 5 yr old does not get much of that from her own dad) and she HUGGED me!

Then later, before bed, I did the full meditation MP3 (it is only about my fourth time doing it). I fell asleep during the meditation part and woke only after the recording ended as has happened the previous times.

When I awoke this morning, the thought kept coming to my head, that what if the peace I was feeling the night before was influenced somehow by the efforts of the group? Of course, it might be wishful thinking.

My time is GMT+2hours+1hr Daylight savings time so it would be only late morning or early afternoon in North America when it is evening for me.

It has been good to read all of your experiences in this thread, and a big thanks to Laura and QFG team for this.

_Breton_

truth seeker said:
I got really sick yesterday - like a stomach flu complete with fever, chills and body aches.

What's unusual is that what I ate the night before, I also had that same morning with no effects. The night that I went to sleep (just prior to getting sick the next morning) I had a really good breathing/meditation session. Initially when I woke up I felt mostly fine, but withing a half hour everything hit and was completely incapacitated. Is this one of the things that can happen as part of the cleansing?

fwiw I've been having a few problems along those lines (but not as bad, although I did get mild food poisoning) the last week....however I have put it down to poor diet/change of environment.....
Now I'm back in my normal environment (and my diet is slightly better) I'm paying attention to my health. I did seem to get a few problems but so far there not much to suggest thats its anything other than coincidental, or perhaps part of an attack/general law trying to distract the process.
A note however, is that it may be your body is the current line of communication......so perhaps try interpretting it? This has been working for me.

Trevrizent said:
First, in the morning, on the journey to the mountains by car, I suffered from chronic constipation (most unusual); when half way there I suddenly realized what it was all about - hanging on to old programmes, buffers, limiting decisions, etc - and I burst out into raucous laughter. The pain suddenly halved and I kept chucling to myself all day, even when walking in the mountains (I physically overcame the problem with an overdose of Vit C).

The one thing I will say is that I do seem extremal tired (physically) from doing this the last few weeks. I wonder if part of me (that blocks my emotions) is needing more energy to block?? Fighting myself perhaps.....
After doing the full sessions at night I wake up rested (relaxed) but exhausted, if thats even possible.

RedFox said:
truth seeker said:

fwiw I've been having a few problems along those lines (but not as bad, although I did get mild food poisoning) the last week....however I have put it down to poor diet/change of environment.....
Now I'm back in my normal environment (and my diet is slightly better) I'm paying attention to my health. I did seem to get a few problems but so far there not much to suggest thats its anything other than coincidental, or perhaps part of an attack/general law trying to distract the process.
A note however, is that it may be your body is the current line of communication......so perhaps try interpretting it? This has been working for me.

Trevrizent said:
First, in the morning, on the journey to the mountains by car, I suffered from chronic constipation (most unusual); when half way there I suddenly realized what it was all about - hanging on to old programmes, buffers, limiting decisions, etc - and I burst out into raucous laughter. The pain suddenly halved and I kept chucling to myself all day, even when walking in the mountains (I physically overcame the problem with an overdose of Vit C).

The one thing I will say is that I do seem extremal tired (physically) from doing this the last few weeks. I wonder if part of me (that blocks my emotions) is needing more energy to block?? Fighting myself perhaps.....
After doing the full sessions at night I wake up rested (relaxed) but exhausted, if thats even possible.

Since I started doing the breathing program in the evening I've also had mornings when I feel like a truck had drove over me, even though I slept pretty well. Interestingly enough, regarding the discussion about the possible connection between the FIR and breathing sessions (similar zoning out), I last evening experienced extreme heat while doing the Eiri-program. Three quarters through Laura's audio session I was sweating like I was in a FIR-sauna. Felt like burning up!

Anyone else had similar experiences?

Breton said:
gaman said:
Pete02 said:
Hi Nienna Eluch,
Nienna Eluch said:
Thanks, mada85. I tried that. The cd played beautifully on my computer, but on my cd player, an error message came up and it wouldn't play. Maybe I will try it again with a different cd.

I had a similar problem with a car stereo of mine (Sony) that a purchase around '97 or '98. It seems it was just too old to recognize wma or mp3 formats. Sometimes it would play a few songs but most of the time I would get an 'error' message and it would just stop. Maybe Nero could burn in a format that might help, it is an excellent program, but it might just be time to upgrade. fwiw.

To increase the chances of success, make sure to burn it to a CD-R and not a CD-RW type of CD, and also burn it as an audio CD and not a "data" CD (if your software offers that options).

And let me also add the suggestion to burn AUDIO CD's at the slowest possible speed. This has helped a great deal for me to play CD's I have burned myself in some of my players (especially Sony CD in the car). I found that a CD-R made with say, 16x writing speed, just could not play reliably in this car cd player. I don't have an explanation for it, as I would not have expected it.

Thanks to you all for your great information.

Last weekend I bought a new CD player, as I too, am thinking that this may be the problem.

I have given the CD I made to someone else who could not upload the audio onto their laptop so that they now can. So I will get a new blank CD and try some of the things you have recommended.

Again, thank you very much. :flowers:

Was there a concentrated effort by forum members to try do the exercises Monday night

Hi Breton
We did it last night, at about 9pm British Summer Time, hoping others were too.(The children actually "asked" to join in last night.)
The Meditation part was the deepest I have experienced so far, really incredible.

I too would be keen to know if many people did it last night too, and if any one experienced anything new or different?

(mod. for typos!)

Aragorn said:
Since I started doing the breathing program in the evening I've also had mornings when I feel like a truck had drove over me, even though I slept pretty well. Interestingly enough, regarding the discussion about the possible connection between the FIR and breathing sessions (similar zoning out), I last evening experienced extreme heat while doing the Eiri-program. Three quarters through Laura's audio session I was sweating like I was in a FIR-sauna. Felt like burning up!

I also had the extreme heat last night. I actually found it quite relaxing (just like the FIR). I also noticed that I was extremely fidgety during the whole thing until that point (lots of internal/physical distractions). I wonder if its having a similar effect as the FIR, hence why using it with the FIR causes you to zone out? (i.e. a double dosage of a similar thing).

Your right about feeling like you've been hit by a truck even though some of the sleep I've had is the most deep and restful I've had in years, once or twice though I did wake up all night. I guess somethings going on!
I am a little worried about feeling so tired (despite sleeping so heavily)....but perhaps its just that I've finally been able to rest/de-stress and this 'tiredness' is just my body recovering?? If anyone has any insight I'd be grateful to know. There is this worrying feeling today that my body is about to fall appart...there seems to be a lot of friction with that too (like I'm holding myself together?)....hmm

alphonse said:
We did it last night, at about 9pm British Summer Time, hoping others were too.
fwiw I started the program around 10pm GMT

Aragorn said:
RedFox said:
truth seeker said:

Trevrizent said:

Same here. At first I had pretty sound sleep and still do sometimes but then I felt rested in the mornings. Now it's as though someone has beaten me up!

RedFox said:
Aragorn said:

I also had the extreme heat last night. I actually found it quite relaxing (just like the FIR). I also noticed that I was extremely fidgety during the whole thing until that point (lots of internal/physical distractions). I wonder if its having a similar effect as the FIR, hence why using it with the FIR causes you to zone out? (i.e. a double dosage of a similar thing).

Your right about feeling like you've been hit by a truck even though some of the sleep I've had is the most deep and restful I've had in years, once or twice though I did wake up all night. I guess somethings going on!
I am a little worried about feeling so tired (despite sleeping so heavily)....but perhaps its just that I've finally been able to rest/de-stress and this 'tiredness' is just my body recovering?? If anyone has any insight I'd be grateful to know. There is this worrying feeling today that my body is about to fall appart...there seems to be a lot of friction with that too (like I'm holding myself together?)....hmm

alphonse said:

I did it on Monday about 8pm Belgium time and had a really good session. Lots of energy. Perhaps I was energized by everyone else...

Also about the feeling tired, it feels as if something's trying to hang on. I even had a dream last week where someone was asking me "why". I've had quite a few dreams like that where there was sadness attached to it.

Hi Breton,
Breton said:
Was there a concentrated effort by forum members to try do the exercises Monday night?

I don't know if there would be a connection, but I had a an unusual feeling of peace the entire evening Monday BEFORE I did any breathing or meditation!
I too felt this way all day long. I did my meditation in the mid afternoon but I think its like Laura said, no matter where we are somewhere around the globe some of us are doing it! :D

Hi Nienna Eluch,
Nienna Eluch said:
Last weekend I bought a new CD player, as I too, am thinking that this may be the problem.
Good for you. ;) Best of luck with your burning!

RflctnOfU said:
I just got the biggest inner tickle on thinking that FINALLY a living, REAL 'religion' is being 'grown' by the members of this community. Am I alone in perceiving that? This tickle I mentioned is like the + part of a sinewave to the 'crisis' I experienced a couple of days ago that I wrote about. HEHEHEHEHE

:::muses to self - this must be what real joy is:::

Kris

Well. that's an interesting observation, because I suppose a prayer and a meditative practise that are very effective in freeing practitoners from emotional blockages to TRUE spirituality is what a REAL religion should begin with. Contrast that with all of the ritual nonsense and devotion to and worship of graven images that is practiced in today's monothesitic religions. Not to mention the sin and guilt and all the rest. All of those ideas are the ideas born of the pathological mindset, the mindset of those that worship the material universe as their "god". If the Eíriú-Eolas technique is to become the seed of a new and TRUE religion - the origin of the word religion being to unite or re-join - then care would have to be taken to ensure that it not become infected with any aspects of the pathological mindset.

RedFox said:
Aragorn said:

alphonse said:

I felt like I'd been run over by a truck too after the first 2 or 3 times I ran through the program, but in the weeks since then I've felt my energy level steadily increase, to the point where I wake up in the morning after 6 hours of sleep feeling rested and ready to go, when I used to need 8 or 9 hours of sleep to not feel tired. I can't find a quote right now but I remember Laura mentioning that saying the prayer of the soul before bedtime lets us connect to our higher selves so that work can be done while we're sleeping. So maybe you need more sleep because of whatever you are working through right now. But I thought I'd let you know that, for me at least, the tired, beat up feeling seemed to pass after a couple of weeks and my energy level has been steadily increasing, so I hope the same will happen for you.

Aragorn said:
Since I started doing the breathing program in the evening I've also had mornings when I feel like a truck had drove over me, even though I slept pretty well.

RedFox said:
The one thing I will say is that I do seem extremal tired (physically) from doing this the last few weeks.

truth seeker said:
Same here. At first I had pretty sound sleep and still do sometimes but then I felt rested in the mornings. Now it's as though someone has beaten me up!

This is really interesting. In the past few days I have developed quite some tension in my shoulders, and a general lack of interest in just about everything. I’m taking rhus tox for some joint pain in my left shoulder, something that is quite unusual for me (the joint pain that is). I hate my job, and generally I’m uninterested in things – actually I should say that there is a part of me which is fed up and bored, but there is another part which does the Eiriu-Eolas regularly and will not give up just because the recalcitrant part is having a reaction. Doing the program regularly makes it much easier to not identify with the 'bad' part and to continue taking the 'medicine'. Strangely enough, this is similar to the way Bach Flower remedies work.

I think that what we are experiencing is very likely a healing crisis, only it is happening on more than just the physical level.

RedFox said:

If the body is feeling bruised, tired or sore, perhaps that is a physical reflection of what it feels like to the soul to be embodied.

Perceval said:
RflctnOfU said:
I just got the biggest inner tickle on thinking that FINALLY a living, REAL 'religion' is being 'grown' by the members of this community. Am I alone in perceiving that? This tickle I mentioned is like the + part of a sinewave to the 'crisis' I experienced a couple of days ago that I wrote about. HEHEHEHEHE

:::muses to self - this must be what real joy is:::

Kris

Well. that's an interesting observation, because I suppose a prayer and a meditative practise that are very effective in freeing practitoners from emotional blockages to TRUE spirituality is what a REAL religion should begin with. Contrast that with all of the ritual nonsense and devotion to and worship of graven images that is practiced in today's monothesitic religions. Not to mention the sin and guilt and all the rest. All of those ideas are the ideas born of the pathological mindset, the mindset of those that worship the material universe as their "god". If the Eíriú-Eolas technique is to become the seed of a new and TRUE religion - the origin of the word religion being to unite or re-join - then care would have to be taken to ensure that it not become infected with any aspects of the pathological mindset.

My younger sister and I were very fortunate in childhood, in that we weren't subjected to the dogmatic psychobabble of organized religion. Sure, I went a couple times with friends, but that was the limit of my exposure. We were both allowed to find our own way, which was nice - we were raised in a spiritual home . . . I remember my mother talking about visualization, the living light that connects everything, the golden rule, etc . . . a good foundation, imho, for a budding young human. Anywho - I certainly was very aware as I was in my teens of quite a bit of hypocrisy in quite a few of the 'religious' folks around me. As a result, I gravitated towards other philosophies - witchcraft, kaballah, magic, bhuddism, etc - not really 'practicing fervently' persay...just 'collecting data'. Gradually, this settled into a feeling along the lines of 'something isn't quite right in the world' or 'something is missing' - more of an intuitive nagging than anything else - so I explored inwardly, cobbling the pieces together that were 'right', trying to make sense of it all. I have always been quite spiritual, an idealist/humanist to the core, although the central 'component', the feeling center, had gradually formed a crust quite thick - starting around the time my father died (was told on the morning of my 19th bday - happy friggin bday :cry: :umm: :cry: [I am now 31]) - and this technique, unexpectedly, is breaking through. I finally feel as though the 'beginning' of the search is coming to and 'end' - now it's time to start walking the path. At the risk of sounding cheesy, I LOVE (definitely not the run-of-the-mill variety - very whole) you guys. I think/feel/know we have quite an adventure ahead of us.

Kris

Back
Top Bottom