Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Alana said:
casper said:
Thebull said:
casper said:
Due to stress in current location, my girlfriend and I can not calm down, EE can not be carried out properly, how to calm the mind and body, delivering EE to postpone or have some other advice?

We talk, trying to calm down, but the situation does not allow us to relax.
I have had this issue before and recently I tried out some yoga exercises before I start which has helped. A bit more intense than the gentle stretching normally carried out. Loads of stuff you can follow of you tube. Hope it helps.
We tried, but all ended with her crying.
I do not know more how and what to do, because talking to her, all the pain shows in more severe, then it's even harder to concentrate and relax. :(

What kind of stressful situation you are talking about? Did something stressful/traumatic happen, or just day to day stress?

Crying is good. Does she have the space and time to let go and just cry it all out? That would help a lot to release emotional energy and will calm her down a bit. And as Prodigal Son wrote, she can use pipe-breathing whenever possible. Not more than 12 pipe-breaths without breaks in between though. And being mindful as much as possible to breathe with the belly throughout the day. Maybe start with trying to achieve a few long and deep belly breaths before doing pipe breathing, if you notice her breathing to be very shallow and happening only at the chest level.

PerfectCircle said:
casper said:
Due to stress in current location, my girlfriend and I can not calm down, EE can not be carried out properly, how to calm the mind and body, delivering EE to postpone or have some other advice?

Have you tried with music? It always works for me, especially when combined with quick nap for 20 minutes.
I know some people that isolate themselves in forest for half a day or just go for a long walk, guess that not everything works for everybody.

Thoughts are too strong, do not allow relaxation, her stress, does not allow even me to relax, the connection is too strong.

Alana said:
What kind of stressful situation you are talking about? Did something stressful/traumatic happen, or just day to day stress?

Crying is good. Does she have the space and time to let go and just cry it all out? That would help a lot to release emotional energy and will calm her down a bit.

casper said:
Thoughts are too strong, do not allow relaxation, her stress, does not allow even me to relax, the connection is too strong.
If you don't mind me asking: What are these thoughts that are so strong? How might you challenge them? You might like to write, journal, about them, write extensively for yourself, and find what comes up, what might be the root cause, a solution, write until you get it out of your system. This may allow you some relaxation, and point a way forward.

This may help, or not.

casper said:

casper said:

I would suggest to stop talking about it for a moment. Sometimes you want to solve the problem so badly, that you overthink it. And that way it is usually impossible to solve it. It is like with computer when you start too many processes at the same time. (Try to click constantly on your internet browser icon in an attempt to open it faster than usual. You probably end up with a lot of windows which all open after considerably long period of time). Such an action freezes the whole system instead of accelerating the task you wanted to finish. The same is with our thinking processes. At least it is how I see it.

And to give a practical advise, if I were you, I would take a bath (preferably with Epsom salt or Magnesium chloride). I can say from experience that water is able to assist you in dealing with excessive thoughts/emotions and it usually calms the mind and body greatly. Letting the water know somehow about your intention is also very helpful in my opinion. Being in the bath, after initial relax, you could use pipe-breathing to increase the effect.

What worked for me when I was totally immersed in a perceived problem, is knowing, just saying out loud to yourself, that there is a solution to every problem. Actually, I found that we create problems when we are ready to grow. Perhaps the higher purpose of problems is to awaken your inner resources and expand your wisdom for we know that the 3rd density mind has been trained to create endless complications, the ego can find countless 3rd density attachments. If we know this consciously and if we know for a fact that all these emotions you are experiencing are caused by chemicals from various neuropeptides bonding with neuroreceptors all over the body, then we know we have a choice to either identify with these (unwanted) emotions or not. You are not your emotions. There is always a choice. If you can get this through in your system by saying this over and over again and thinking it over and over again, do the full EE breathing program, then you will be more able to hold a peaceful centre amidst any turmoil around you. Trust in knowledge, f.i. it might be a good idea to reread ch 65 and 68/69 of the Wave Series re the neuropeptides, infant imprinting etc. It sounds to me like it is time for the two of you to let it all come out, (literally) breathe through it in order to release.
Good luck to both of you

Hi lainey, was searching the topic of EE for the exact sensations as you describe so well. Just want to thank you for your clarifying post. I do intensely tingle up, especially the mouth and the fingers but also the spine during beatha. I now even more enjoy doing the EE on Mondays and Thursdays. Thank you

Rudy said:
Hi lainey, was searching the topic of EE for the exact sensations as you describe so well. Just want to thank you for your clarifying post. I do intensely tingle up, especially the mouth and the fingers but also the spine during beatha. I now even more enjoy doing the EE on Mondays and Thursdays. Thank you

The tingling you describe is most likely due to hyperventilation, so you might need to slow down your breathing a bit. While a mild form of hyperventilation might help the process, what you describe is too much and may have some adverse effects.

nicklebleu said:
Rudy said:

The tingling you describe is most likely due to hyperventilation, so you might need to slow down your breathing a bit. While a mild form of hyperventilation might help the process, what you describe is too much and may have some adverse effects.

Exactly! Your breathing should be gentle, even on the fast portion of the breatha - breathe gently in through the nose and out through the mouth with no pause in between for the breatha. None of it should be forceful except for the Warrior's Breath. :)

Thanks for the helpful feedback, i must say the tingling sensation was less intense in today's session as i learn to breathe more gently, which makes it an altogether much more relaxed experience.

I was having the same issues as discussed above regarding a feeling of tingling, almost like a crawling along my skin for me. I was actually breathing forcefully rather than gently. When I started breathing gently, sessions became much more pleasant and I could actually focus on the effects the different breathing patterns were having on my mind.

Aside from that, I recently finished reading Mouravieff's Gnosis book I. The reason I am bringing this up is because it sparked a thought regarding the first 6 lines of the Prayer of the Soul. This happened while reading the explanation to the prayer "Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.":

The two elements required for constation are combined here, but only on condition that this prayer is not done mechanically, but by a conscious effort of presence, Bishop Theophan says in his commentaries that the force of this prayer does not reside in the words. The words can be modified. The power of the invocation, he says, lies in constating our degenerate state before God in His state of perfection. We add that this simultaneous effort of constation creates what we called a difference of potential. This will generate a current of grace.

Is this part of what is going on in those six first lines of the Prayer of the Soul? Or am I missing the target?

Guille said:
I was having the same issues as discussed above regarding a feeling of tingling, almost like a crawling along my skin for me. I was actually breathing forcefully rather than gently. When I started breathing gently, sessions became much more pleasant and I could actually focus on the effects the different breathing patterns were having on my mind.

That's good to hear Guille! :)

Guille said:
Aside from that, I recently finished reading Mouravieff's Gnosis book I. The reason I am bringing this up is because it sparked a thought regarding the first 6 lines of the Prayer of the Soul. This happened while reading the explanation to the prayer "Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.":

The two elements required for constation are combined here, but only on condition that this prayer is not done mechanically, but by a conscious effort of presence, Bishop Theophan says in his commentaries that the force of this prayer does not reside in the words. The words can be modified. The power of the invocation, he says, lies in constating our degenerate state before God in His state of perfection. We add that this simultaneous effort of constation creates what we called a difference of potential. This will generate a current of grace.

Is this part of what is going on in those six first lines of the Prayer of the Soul? Or am I missing the target?

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. Based on what I know and my experiences: The POTS can be done with a conscious effort of being presence, for example by focusing on each line as you belly breathe. It's a good way to practice discipline. On the other hand, you can also listen to the POTS while resting as you fall asleep, in this case there isn't necessarily a conscious effort, but listening to it can still have a positive effect. I do think that in the case of a prayer for meditation, words are important, because that's what the subconscious picks up as well. So I'm not sure if what you quoted is what is going on with the POTS (why were you thinking the six first lines specifically?). Perhaps others will have a better idea, I find Mouravieff's text to sometimes be a little bit tricky to understand.

Oxajil said:
Guille said:

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. Based on what I know and my experiences: The POTS can be done with a conscious effort of being presence, for example by focusing on each line as you belly breathe. It's a good way to practice discipline. On the other hand, you can also listen to the POTS while resting as you fall asleep, in this case there isn't necessarily a conscious effort, but listening to it can still have a positive effect. I do think that in the case of a prayer for meditation, words are important, because that's what the subconscious picks up as well. So I'm not sure if what you quoted is what is going on with the POTS (why were you thinking the six first lines specifically?). Perhaps others will have a better idea, I find Mouravieff's text to sometimes be a little bit tricky to understand.

I'm referring to the POTS done with a conscious effort and focusing on each line. Sorry I should have been more clear, as I don't think that the words are unimportant, but what I am getting at is comparing the feeling of each line. I mean the first six specifically, actually first 8 after more contemplation, because of the feeling that I get while I focus on them, in parentheses, as follows: (On the left, the words, on the right, the feeling aspect in my experience)

Oh Divine Cosmic Mind (shifting focus outward, I try to "feel" as far "sideways" and "up" as I can, so dimensions and densities)
Holy Awareness in All Creation (a sharpening of the same external focus, gives a "thicker" or "richer" feeling to the "external")
Carried in the heart (bringing focus back in, while retaining the external focus, I experience it as a doubling of attention)
Ruler of the mind (maintaining the double attention, resharpen the internal focus)
Savior of the Soul (this one I struggle with, hard for me to put it in words, feels like safety and nourishment, to me at least)
Live in me today (again a focus on the external, inviting a union between myself and it)
Be my Daily Bread (focus on nourishment from the external towards the internal)
As I give bread to others (focus on nourishment from the internal back towards the external)

In other words, it feels to me like I'm focusing on both myself that the DCM as outside of myself, but with the focus shifting between more on myself and more on the outside, kind of like oscillating between the two while remaining aware of the two, if that makes sense. This is why I see it as similar to what Mouravieff was talking about in the quote, as a "simultaneous effort of constation" between our(my) humble state and "God in his state of perfection"/DCM.

So to reiterate the question, is the feeling aspect of the POTS that I am getting here, or the way I am approaching it, correct? Or is it misguided? This was harder to put in words that I thought it would be, so please bear with me if it still doesn't make more sense. :umm:

(upon writing this out, I am starting to be able to see the rest of the POTS in a similar fashion as what I described above, an oscillation of my focus between DCM and myself...I gotta explore this some more, but still not sure if this is the way to go)

Beginning of POTs, Laura says 'relax completely, and be completely comfortable'.
So, I just listens Laura's voice and followed instructions and not to think anything
And do in-breathing and out-breathing, and sensing in belly movements and also feels the whole body.
This way I am aware Laura's instruction but all my awareness is in doing the Prayer of the Soul. Then I can feels/aware all the senses in the body.
But, when my mind is wondering or thinking then there is not much vibration in my body.

When we do three stage breaths, Laura keep saying ' notice all the sensation in the body, let the edge of nerve do its work, getting touch with body or pay attention to the all the sensation in the body'.
I have been doing this way for all of the EE.
But, Maybe that is just for the Three-stage breath.
Maybe Laura will give us a definite answer.

Session 27 August 1998
Q: well...Okay. I have been having this sensation of an electrical charge building up in my legs and I would like to know what I can do to discharge this.
A: Molecular changes due to DNA evolving.

Guille said:
Oxajil said:
Guille said:

I'm referring to the POTS done with a conscious effort and focusing on each line. Sorry I should have been more clear, as I don't think that the words are unimportant, but what I am getting at is comparing the feeling of each line. I mean the first six specifically, actually first 8 after more contemplation, because of the feeling that I get while I focus on them, in parentheses, as follows: (On the left, the words, on the right, the feeling aspect in my experience)

Oh Divine Cosmic Mind (shifting focus outward, I try to "feel" as far "sideways" and "up" as I can, so dimensions and densities)
Holy Awareness in All Creation (a sharpening of the same external focus, gives a "thicker" or "richer" feeling to the "external")
Carried in the heart (bringing focus back in, while retaining the external focus, I experience it as a doubling of attention)
Ruler of the mind (maintaining the double attention, resharpen the internal focus)
Savior of the Soul (this one I struggle with, hard for me to put it in words, feels like safety and nourishment, to me at least)
Live in me today (again a focus on the external, inviting a union between myself and it)
Be my Daily Bread (focus on nourishment from the external towards the internal)
As I give bread to others (focus on nourishment from the internal back towards the external)

In other words, it feels to me like I'm focusing on both myself that the DCM as outside of myself, but with the focus shifting between more on myself and more on the outside, kind of like oscillating between the two while remaining aware of the two, if that makes sense. This is why I see it as similar to what Mouravieff was talking about in the quote, as a "simultaneous effort of constation" between our(my) humble state and "God in his state of perfection"/DCM.

So to reiterate the question, is the feeling aspect of the POTS that I am getting here, or the way I am approaching it, correct? Or is it misguided? This was harder to put in words that I thought it would be, so please bear with me if it still doesn't make more sense. :umm:

(upon writing this out, I am starting to be able to see the rest of the POTS in a similar fashion as what I described above, an oscillation of my focus between DCM and myself...I gotta explore this some more, but still not sure if this is the way to go)

Hi Guille,

I personally would say that's a good approach. For me it's pretty much the same, although not so specific, so I like your detailed description. I think that this is something which is in part very personal to each individual, but in general terms I would say is about something higher than ourselves, be it God, our higher self or whatever is your concept of the Divine Cosmic Mind. So yes, IMO, I think it is about recognizing our humble state in front of that Divine or higher self, and also recognizing it inside of us and allowing it to guide us towards the goal stated at the end of the prayer, which for me is "to see, hear, know and love the holiness of true existence". It's kind of like aligning ourselves with that Divine or higher self so that we can walk towards its direction.

Guille said:

That does make sense, thanks Guille. I also don't think it's misguided, and a good way of approaching it.

Kay Kim said:
When we do three stage breaths, Laura keep saying ' notice all the sensation in the body, let the edge of nerve do its work, getting touch with body or pay attention to the all the sensation in the body'.
I have been doing this way for all of the EE.
But, Maybe that is just for the Three-stage breath.
Maybe Laura will give us a definite answer.

I do it for the whole program as well Kay Kim, but especially during the three stage breathing and the meditation part.

I'm fixing the Serbian translation of the EE video and I think I just realized that I was always doing the pipe breathing in a wrong way. :D

Well, better ever than never. :D

The problem was in this:

Laura: Now, if you really have gotten some focus on that feeling of constricting the glottis and you can hold that constriction during the entire time you are breathing in and out then you are Pipe Breathing!

But when I was breathing in I was doing a constriction in my sinuses! And not in my glottis! And to do a constriction in your glottis your jaw have to go a little down, right? But my jaw was always in the locked position because I was constricting my sinuses and only constricting my glottis during the breathing out.

I would like to have a little clarification on this, if you can understand what I'm trying to say. :)

Back
Top Bottom