Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

I have completed the whole program once, but I meditated daily. Some of the experiences I have are, seeing the usual white and blue/purplish light when I get deeper into the meditations. Also this just started happening recently with my meditations, as I get deeper into it, my body feels like its literally vibrating and sometimes I feel like I am drifting away! Has anybody else had these experiences?

sitta said:
I started EE program few weeks ago. The first time I did all of it in the BAHA portion my whole body felt cold with prickling sensation all over it except my mouth.

Thanks Aragorn for the article and explenation about physical sympthomps.
You're welcome, glad I could help.

The second time was much better with tingling in my legs which felt like electric current was going through them and my arms tingled too. I did it lying down.
Now when I do the BAHA part the tingling is present in my hands and feet but i still feel the current in one leg - sometimes right, sometime left and rearly in both. It's very distracting. When I am distracted to the point that I start to move around (change positions from lying to sitting and then lying again) I finish it anyway and then repeat it befor meditation in the evening (if I do the program in the morning or afternoon).
Also sometime I feel like I have some kind of band around my head and few timse I noticed stinging in third eye vicinity. I noticed that I don't have problrms with my legs when I do the BAHA sitting (but i get distracted by pain in my back in heart proximity and flys of all things :rolleyes:).
When I lie down for the meditation part the tingling in my hands (which is more pronounced) and feet is present. I think i try BAHA part standing and sitting in the chair and then choose the way to do it in which I'm less distracted and most comfortable.

One of the problems with "awakening" and starting to work on your self is that many of us, myself included, want to DO-IT-ALL-RIGHT-AWAY. One is so eager to apply all this new knowledge (one "bad habit" is also telling all your friends about it-trying to "convert" them). So when doing e.g. this breathing program I would recommend, just my personal opinion, taking baby steps. I know it's hard to be patient when one feels that "time is getting short" (The future is open-this could as well not be the case). But my personal experience is that it is better to do little and feel somewhat "sane", than go heavy duty and get frustrated and sick. I can't say that I always succeed doing this myself ;)

So I would suggest you would "try to do" less. Clean and build the "new machine" slowly, then it will last. I remember when I last time went to my bioenergetic therapist a few months ago. He made me do very intensive breathing and other stuff. Then he said: "You know, we couldn't have done this with you last year, because you couldn't have taken it - it would have been dangerous to your psychic health." This made me realize that boy, I really felt different, and remembering that "man last year" that I was, I agreed - this person (me) would have not coped with these feelings.

One last thing. Let the tinglings and stuff "do their job" if you can - they are revealing your hidden tensions in the body. If it gets too intense and you just must get up and "move" that's probably you telling yourself to stop. But there are cases where bioenergetic therapy have made people stand up and start hitting a cushion or sofa screaming. And this has helped the individual. So anything is possible, I guess!

Note: I have had much computer trouble and a lingering password problem for quite some time. Thing seem to be back to "normal" so I hope to participate more here than I have for quite some time. Thank You QFG staff and forum members for all your hard work and efforts.

I began the EE Breathing/Meditation program about a month ago, following along with the video/audio program when possible. (Sorry, its been awhile since posting, and I'm a bit rusty with navigating my way around - hitting wrong keystrokes). The first time through was quite a powerful experience for me. I experienced the tingling in my hands, fingers and toes like many here have reported. Since then, doing this program on Mon/Thurs I haven't noticed any of the "zoning out" that many others on this forum have reported.

On Monday I was shocked and saddened reading about the passing of PepperFritz. It took a few minutes for it to even sink in. After sitting motionless in my chair for awhile I suddenly broke down and sobbed with my face in my hands. She gave so much time and energy to this forum and I appreciated her wisdom and insight.

After gathering myself together and determined to dedicate the EE program for the day to Victoria. Near the end of the Prayer of the Soul I experienced the most significant emotional release to date while following the program. The muscles around my mouth tightened up during and after the Ba-Ha portion, and I remember having read many pages back in this thread that it is more or less "normal" for this to take place at some time.

The one thing that I noticed this time that hasn't been the case during the previous days of doing this program was that I was much more focused on my diaphragm and being "in the moment" rather than letting my mind wander during the pipe breaths and 3 stage portion. I thought to myself that if I dont "gain" one iota of benefit from this effort (however small it is in the big picture) yet if it can help to serve PF in some small measure, then it will have been worth it. This one was for you PepperFritz!

And I realize that there has been much discussion on here about suggestions for "altering" the Prayer of the Soul in this or that line or changing this or that word here or there. The prayer is absolutely beautiful in the form it has been presented by Laura. In dedicating the program for the day to PF I found myself saying it softly through the tears streaming down my cheeks rolling into my ears. A wonderful emotional release.

Thank you Laura for this beautiful prayer, and for all your time and efforts in serving others!

Note: Sorry for incomplete posts - I'm still getting a refresher course on what keystrokes NOT to hit before I'm done posting.

I have been doing the first breathing exercise and the Prayer of the Soul. I wanted to get to know those well before going on with the rest. It seems in retrospect that I've been using it to deal with my day-to-day life and my internal issues. There didn't seem to be any pre-conditions for doing it in the beginning. I haven't been making effort to gain knowledge as such. My question is, should I stop doing the first breathing exercise and Prayer of the Soul until I do make the efforts to gain knowledge? I got confused because of some things that were said, about it being ok to use for any person's developmental level and that children could participate in it as well, but then I reread the 15th August Cs session where the Cs said,

A: Yes there is!!! We said that this practice MUST be accompanied by a commensurate effort to constantly gain knowledge by effort.

and this made me think if I was really doing the breathing program and prayer in the right way or as it was intended.

Hi AlexE

I think the C's point was that the breathing program is a PART of what needs to be done to awaken. The other part is the continual search for and building of knowledge - through one's own effort. Basically, as one incorporates the breathing/meditation program into their life, on Monday and Thursday of each week and the meditation/prayer before sleep each night, they must also consistently and through their own effort, continue to gain knowledge - Knowledge is the key and the growth of Knowledge shouldn't be pushed to the side because one is focusing solely on the breathing/meditation. At least, that is my current understanding.

I hope that clarifies a bit.

AlexE said:
I have been doing the first breathing exercise and the Prayer of the Soul. I wanted to get to know those well before going on with the rest. It seems in retrospect that I've been using it to deal with my day-to-day life and my internal issues. There didn't seem to be any pre-conditions for doing it in the beginning. I haven't been making effort to gain knowledge as such. My question is, should I stop doing the first breathing exercise and Prayer of the Soul until I do make the efforts to gain knowledge? I got confused because of some things that were said, about it being ok to use for any person's developmental level and that children could participate in it as well, but then I reread the 15th August Cs session where the Cs said,

A: Yes there is!!! We said that this practice MUST be accompanied by a commensurate effort to constantly gain knowledge by effort.

and this made me think if I was really doing the breathing program and prayer in the right way or as it was intended.

I have a question about the breathing exercise specifically. (GOD) I wonder if I can be clear enough on this, it might get tricky to follow. We all know it is generally 6 in 3 hold 9 out 3 hold, right? What I've noticed is that I can take two different postures. My question is also about relaxing while holding a breath.

I inhale and hold. Usually I hold it as if I'm going to be inhaling some more. Naturally if I was to relax, my body would shift to a position, ready to exhale. So what I notice is more often than not, at each hold..2..3.. I'm still in a rigid position to keep doing what I had just done. Example (again): Inhale ..6, hold ..2..3 while still maintaining a rigidness as if I am about to inhale further.

So the question is; Do I relax and allow my body to shift for the 3 seconds, or wait until the hold timing changes from inhale to exhale? I'm naturally rigid, but if I were relaxed my body goes to shift position from inhale to exhale or exhale inhale.

If you don't follow my train of thought, try this. Inhale to full capacity once then stop breathing. Do you maintain a rigid inhale posture, or naturally, by relaxing, prepare to exhale? Is one way wrong or is it just a matter of different strokes?

Balberon said:
If you don't follow my train of thought, try this. Inhale to full capacity once then stop breathing. Do you maintain a rigid inhale posture, or naturally, by relaxing, prepare to exhale? Is one way wrong or is it just a matter of different strokes?

Balberon,

I see what you mean by rigid vs relaxed. I never really considered this until now. I suppose the whole time I've done the exercises I've maintained a rigid position where my stomach is extruded outward while waiting to exhale. I'll have to try it in a relaxed position tonight and see if I notice a difference. I'm curious to see what others say on this.

Ryan

RyanX said:
Balberon said:

Balberon,

I see what you mean by rigid vs relaxed. I never really considered this until now.

Same here.
May be it is better not to think too much by creating "rigid vs relaxed" conflict in Mind but rather concentrating on giving attention to what you are "feeling"?

For me, I kind of like the "feeling" that arises when I hold the breathing. It feels like a kind of 'shift' happening in my perceptions, which itself has the effect of 'relaxing'. I think that is connected with what Laura described on the 'breathing introduction' audio.
Vagus nerve stimulation may also be achieved by what is called a vagal manoeuvre. One of this vagal manoeuvres consist of just holding your breath for a few seconds.

Balberon, I sensed from your post that some kind of discomfort one can experience when the breathing excise is still be done by mainly Intellectual center. But to my experience, it will be solved when the shifts from Intellectual center to Moving center happens. I just sensed so but it may be not for your case though.

Balberon said:
So the question is; Do I relax and allow my body to shift for the 3 seconds, or wait until the hold timing changes from inhale to exhale? I'm naturally rigid, but if I were relaxed my body goes to shift position from inhale to exhale or exhale inhale.

Hi Balberon.
I don't know if there's a 'correct' way to hold an inhale. My method involves moving only the diaphram/belly, and tring to stay relaxed everywhere else, as best I can. When I hold on the inhale, I already know that I won't be taking in any more breath in that motion, so I let my muscles relax as long as it doesn't effect my ability to exhale smoothly and completely.

I'm finding it hard to post my thoughts. Everything seems to be about normal to me and I've nothing new to say so I feel like I'm just adding noise to an otherwise informative thread. :/

I did the program Monday afternoon in memory of Victoria and it was very calming and saddening. I zoned out one time and had a vision of a red-headed woman with her hair done back in a ponytail. She was smiling at me. I have never seen her before so I don't know what to think of it. My extremities did have the tingling sensation during the meditation as well.

Later that night I did the program again. I kept seeing this brilliant purple light fading in and out between my eyes during my meditation. Almost like it was bouncing around in my head. After saying the prayer a few times, I passed out and had this dream that keeps sticking in my head and I don't normally remember my dreams so its a little strange. Currently I rent an apartment with my younger brother but in the dream, my whole family was living there like we did when I was younger. All I mostly remember was that the military was blocking off all the exits to our home and trying to get in. Apparently they were there to force us all to take the dreaded vaccine. I was in the upstairs bedroom with my brother and he left the room to go see what was going on but I jumped out the window onto an overhang and climbed on the roof to hide. All I remember thinking was 'I gotta get to the forum and let everyone else know whats going on'. I know it sounds a little silly but like I said, it was a strange dream and it just stuck with me. After that all I could see were words and paragraphs like I was reading the forum but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

I awoke out of this dream with a strange feeling but what was even stranger was that after I was awake, every time I closed my eyes momentarily, I could still see the words but now they looked more like formulas from some mathematical equation. I thought maybe I was still dreaming but I wasn't and for a good 30 seconds or so, I could close my eyes and still see this writing. Thats never happened before. :huh:

I'm not quite sure what my subconscious is trying to tell me to be honest because I'm really no good at interpreting dreams. I don't ever remember them so theres never been a need or interest to. In all honesty I don't really fear the vaccine either, or at least I don't think, so why that came up was kinda strange too.

Buddy said:
I think this is similar to the way the eye can't just gaze or stare at one thing, otherwise it will disappear.
Interresting analogy. Maybe focusing on the breathing while listening to the meditation seed (the prayer of the soul) make us more disposable for the prayers meaning?

Pete2 said:
My extremities did have the tingling sensation during the meditation as well.
I had this yesterday as well. But I wonder if it is not just a physical reaction to an increased flux of oxygen to the body we are not used to?

Actually I don't remember my dreams, I just have the impression when I wake up that I just had some argument with someone. The only dream I had since I started the program was very strange as I was a child (with the clear sensation of having like 5 to 6 yrs old!) with other kids and we had to hide from a giant who wanted to eat us. Then one of the kids gave us some magic cakes. We had to sleep for an hour to get the magic power from the cakes, and then we were able to face the giant and each of us had a special magic power and we united against the giant. During the bioenergetic breathing I have sometimes souvenirs from the past, faces of people I knew (mostly the bad encounters) and sometimes some invented faces I connot identify actually. The zoning-out during meditation is quasi-systematic but it could be just falling asleep as I do it sometimes very late just before to sleep. A couple of times it was at the beginning of the prayer and I "come back" when the meditation is over.

As most of the posters noticed, the emotions are strong, and maybe I'll return back to a violent episode I had a few weeks ago. Many many many to clean, far more then I ever imagined!

I dedicated the meditation to Victoria on Tuesday (since I missed the request for Monday), Wednesday, and the entire program last night (Thursday). I have been having a much deeper meditation, and last night I had the deepest yet. I felt a profound connection to Laura as I listened to her voice.

I continued the Prayer of the Soul after Laura's last recital for another 20 minutes of so. When I finished and was going to sleep, I had a strange experience. While my eyes were closed, it seemed darker than usual and there were small white spots of light all in the darkness moving and swirling about.

About a week ago I decided to stop doing the full program every day, and just do it on Mondays and Thursdays, with the Prayer at other times. I had a suspicion that doing the full program every day was in some way preventing deeper emotional cleansing. I felt that I was becoming too accustomed to it and losing focus. Anyway, I have found since then that less is more.

Last night as I began the program, I felt extremely irritated; I couldn’t wait for the whole thing to be over so I could just get into bed and sleep. I usually sit on a kneeling stool, and as I neared the end of the three stage breathing I had a strong urge to sit on a chair, which I did before starting on the round breathing. I then experienced a very strong outpouring of tears and emotional pain felt in the whole body. I could hardly do the breathing at all. Laura’s calm and loving voice was like a beacon in the storm.

The storm passed towards the end of the round breathing and while lying down for the Prayer section, I zoned out for almost all of that section as I usually do. Zoning out for the meditation section has increased since I stopped doing the whole program daily.

Balberon said:
I have a question about the breathing exercise specifically. (GOD) I wonder if I can be clear enough on this, it might get tricky to follow. We all know it is generally 6 in 3 hold 9 out 3 hold, right? What I've noticed is that I can take two different postures. My question is also about relaxing while holding a breath.

I inhale and hold. Usually I hold it as if I'm going to be inhaling some more. Naturally if I was to relax, my body would shift to a position, ready to exhale. So what I notice is more often than not, at each hold..2..3.. I'm still in a rigid position to keep doing what I had just done. Example (again): Inhale ..6, hold ..2..3 while still maintaining a rigidness as if I am about to inhale further.

This is a difficult thing to "explain" in writing and I can only offer you my own experience in this matter. A few points I'd like to make of this holding of the breath:

In time, you're inhaling will be (hopefully) so fluid and EFFORTLESS (in the very fast Beatha part this is most difficult to achieve), that you don't have to get rigid and stiff in any part of the process. But this takes time, and every time you FORCE it, you're working against of accomplishing this - one must be patient!. Breathing in will in the optimal case feel like the "air is pouring into you", and you will feel a expansion in the following parts (in order of how it "should" be accomplished):

1) The very lowest part of your belly expands. Actually this is the inner organs being pushed downwards by the lowering of the diaphragm. But you have to "allow yourself" to RELAX that lower part.

2) The solar plexus area feels soft and elastic - it starts to expand and bulge outwards. This area, I feel, is VERY important. I've noticed that many of my singing students are very, very tight in this area (one stores traumas especially in this area, I believe). So a lot of work is acquired to get this area expanding naturally. Once you start to push this area outwards BY FORCE you can be sure that you'll be rigid!

3) The sides of your ribcage start to expand (to the sides first). This is also, in my opinion, a very important detail: you must feel some expansion to the sides, not just upwards or to the front! Once you get that little "broadening" feeling of the ribs, you'll notice the difference.

4) Once all of the above parts are in the process of expanding you just let it continue. It's like "filling up the cup". Of course in the third part of the pipe breathing (where you fill the very top of your lungs) you maybe have to "take an extra sip" of air.

As i feel it, the actual "holding of the breath" is mostly accomplished by keeping the sides of the ribcage expanded. In my opinion this is the right and most natural way. You will most certainly get rigid if you'll try to hold the breath by just concentrating on the upper chest and "being pumped up". I've had the most amazing and effective results by this breathing program (and other similar "exercises) by doing a "small scale" breathing just with my diaphragm and solar plexus area - keeping every other part of the body totally relaxed.

This is difficult to explain in writing, as I said, but I hope that this helps somewhat. You don't have to "shift" anything - just feel the "inner process" of air moving, like tidal waves ;)

Back
Top Bottom