EMF Exposure

LQB said:
To reduce the power density on your head by about 100:1, just hold the phone at arm's length and use the speakerphone.

At least the Claris Q-Link folks have measured data that demonstrates the protection from high levels of noisy RF via Bev Rubick's RBC clumping study. The Q-Link uses about 75' of gold wire connected to a crystal network that resonates at bio/earth frequencies - in a passive pendant. I'm not advocating it - just saying that at least they have measured data to back up their claims.

I'm reading testimonials about it, sounds promising. I'm checking their website to see if I can make sense of it. Thanks!

I never thought I would consider something like this. But the days when I have to sleep with my phone next to me, I don't sleep well and/or have nightmares. It's got to be very bad!

LQB said:
To reduce the power density on your head by about 100:1, just hold the phone at arm's length and use the speakerphone.

Yes!

That to me had always been the most simple, direct, and effective way of reducing cell phone radiation to one's brain. And when using an earpiece, I've tried coiling a fine wire around a one inch section of the connecting earpiece wire to dissipate same.

PS When I go to bed, I make sure the cell phone is at least 10 feet away from my head.

Shijing said:
Psyche said:
I admit my brain is too dense for this particular subject. Is this something that might actually work? It sounds somewhat bogus to me. It doesn't say how and why it would work. But I don't understand much of these technologies. :huh:

I don't know enough about it either to say whether it's bogus or not, but there seems to be an increase of EMF therapy devices that are coming out on the market. One that was recently recommended to me is this one:

_http://www.earthcalm.com/quantum-cell/

Most Powerful Cell Phone Radiation Protection on the Market Today

Not just another sticker, button or magnet! The Quantum Cell contains powerful technology for cell phone radiation protection that has been on the market for years.

Why you need a Quantum Cell

Although there is great controversy about whether our phones are hazardous for our health or not, there are now dozens of independent research studies that clearly conclude that cell phone radiation is extremely dangerous. Why take chances with your health, while waiting for researchers to come to a consensus?

It’s especially important if you find yourself feeling irritable, fatigued, or fighting a headache after being on the phone for awhile. These are symptoms of radiation exposure–and they can lead to something much more serious.

With the Quantum Cell, you are fully protected from cell phone radiation.

Benefits you will feel:

more relaxed & grounded
more alert & clear-headed
more productive
more energized, with greater stamina
free from cell phone headaches
safe from health risks your phone creates

I know someone who ordered this and swears by it, but I'm in the same boat where I don't know how to really evaluate it without actually ordering one and trying it. It does make general sense, though, that EMF pollution affects us and that there should be something technological that can be done about it. Looking at this part of the last session:

If a device were to "transform" a significant portion of the cell RF to something else, then your phone would not work.

Cordless Phones: Cordless phones emit dangerous radiation as well. One Quantum Cell attached to the base of your cordless phone will protect anyone using any handset connected to that base.

All I can say to this is Bullsh*t! The antennas in the phone products are roughly omnidirectional by design. This also allows them to be small, unobtrusive, and work in most all directions (close the link). If a "protective" device transforms the RF or redirects it significantly, the target RF device will not work properly or at all.

sitting said:
PS When I go to bed, I make sure the cell phone is at least 10 feet away from my head.

You should turn it off too. Sleep time should be as RF-quiet as possible.

LQB said:
All I can say to this is Bullsh*t! The antennas in the phone products are roughly omnidirectional by design. This also allows them to be small, unobtrusive, and work in most all directions (close the link). If a "protective" device transforms the RF or redirects it significantly, the target RF device will not work properly or at all.

Thanks for your input on this, LQB -- research time saved!

Psyche said:
LQB said:

At least the Claris Q-Link folks have measured data that demonstrates the protection from high levels of noisy RF via Bev Rubick's RBC clumping study. The Q-Link uses about 75' of gold wire connected to a crystal network that resonates at bio/earth frequencies - in a passive pendant. I'm not advocating it - just saying that at least they have measured data to back up their claims.

I'm reading testimonials about it, sounds promising. I'm checking their website to see if I can make sense of it. Thanks!

I never thought I would consider something like this. But the days when I have to sleep with my phone next to me, I don't sleep well and/or have nightmares. It's got to be very bad!

Considering your environment, I understand.

The full study (double blind I think) that Rubick did is described in a 100 page report - I asked the Claris folks to send it to me. I can provide a copy to anyone that wants one. What they have on their site is only an abridged version (if things haven't changed).

Psyche said:

sitting said:

I find that simply putting in into airplane mode works just as well. It allows me to check the time and use the alarm and other features without having to worry about EMF. I did recently buy an RF meter to verify the amount of 'electrosmog' in the house and out of curiosity I checked how much RF the phone was outputting and it is quite high. When I download a webpage using 3G the levels go off the charts so it is quite disconcerting when you can actually see the levels spike.... so I won't be doing that too often! Anyway, when I set it to airplane mode, the phone gives off one last 'burst' and then goes quiet....

oh, and if your phone has a separate function for wifi - turn that off as well.

fabric said:
I find that simply putting in into airplane mode works just as well. It allows me to check the time and use the alarm and other features without having to worry about EMF. I did recently buy an RF meter to verify the amount of 'electrosmog' in the house and out of curiosity I checked how much RF the phone was outputting and it is quite high. When I download a webpage using 3G the levels go off the charts so it is quite disconcerting when you can actually see the levels spike.... so I won't be doing that too often! Anyway, when I set it to airplane mode, the phone gives off one last 'burst' and then goes quiet....

Airplane mode reduces EMF emissions to the level of the CPU and support components -- without transmitters. You still probably don't want it too close when you are sleeping.

Megan said:
fabric said:

Airplane mode reduces EMF emissions to the level of the CPU and support components -- without transmitters. You still probably don't want it too close when you are sleeping.

I didn't think about that. The EMF from the components is so low that it didn't register on my meter (reading was 0.0005 mW/m2 which is the lowest it goes) so I wasn't too concerned. Either way I try to keep it as far as possible, the closest is when I use it as my alarm clock which puts it a couple of feet away on the night stand. I don't think I'm electrosensitive but I try to minimize exposure when and where I can.

sitting said:
LQB said:
sitting said:

You should turn it off too. Sleep time should be as RF-quiet as possible.

Good idea. Thanks.

Mine is off most always. When my employer handed me a G4 type phone; and not sure if everyone can manage this, however, at that time made a decision never to answer or send a call unless the speaker was on and the phone was as far away as possible - mostly successful with this, and people can always leave a message if need be to be returned later when these "speaker" only conditions can be met.

I started to avoid talking by cellphone as much it's possible. Stopped listening to music by cellphone, i can say i feel better. Ther's no more burning sensation in my head.
I carry it with me whenever it's needed, but turned off, and when i have to give a call to someone i just turn it and later turn off again.
Maybe it is not much considerate of others who might need me, whatsoever people understand this principle, as i've explained myself about this.
At certain level we are always exposed, it's inevitable.

Also just astonishing is how many people carries even two with them, like their lives could not function without tampering by cell phone, like 12 hours a day. Sheesh.

LQB said:
That is a horrible situation with the SM at your friend's house, voyaguer!. Those are classic symptoms of the EMF-sensitive - his blood glucose is probably all over the place too. He must remove all electronics from around his head at night. Your sleeping place EMF environment should be the quietest you can get it.

A shield will work best if placed directly behind the meter - the bigger, the better in his case. But the quickest and easiest solution is to hang foil-backed cardboard on the inside wall centered on the meter. If I were in his situation, I would plan on moving the meter well off the house and shield in the direction of the house.

Just an update: My friends SO removed the alarm clock and portable phone and is trying to convince her partner to shield the meter and electrical panel (for her sake, too). I've managed to borrow a Gauss meter and will be picking it up on Thursday and plan to assess my place, theirs, and my mom wants her place swept also. So hopefully by next week i'll have some data on these spaces. Any advice; if so experienced, on using a meter to obtain the best data results would be appreciated.

Thanks

LQB said:

The full study (double blind I think) that Rubick did is described in a 100 page report - I asked the Claris folks to send it to me. I can provide a copy to anyone that wants one. What they have on their site is only an abridged version (if things haven't changed).

I would like to have a copy please. Can you send it to my e-mail address? As I can't avoid EMF pollution and I'm sure it affects me (nightmares when I have to sleep with my phone next to me), I bought a pendant. I'll report back if I notice a difference. They have a sticker version for phones and USB sticks for those sitting in the computer all day. I don't know if the studies apply to those gadgets as well, but it would be nice if they do.

Psyche said:
LQB said:

I would like to have a copy please. Can you send it to my e-mail address? As I can't avoid EMF pollution and I'm sure it affects me (nightmares when I have to sleep with my phone next to me), I bought a pendant. I'll report back if I notice a difference. They have a sticker version for phones and USB sticks for those sitting in the computer all day. I don't know if the studies apply to those gadgets as well, but it would be nice if they do.

I just sent you a copy.

I have no idea about the stickers and USB sticks - but if they use the same approach it would have to include 75' of gold wire and resonant crystals.

I understand about your environment. I'm here at a hospital with my mother and the place is an EMF nightmare. There are wireless repeaters in every room, all the equipment and electronics are wireless, and everyone has an iphone - a terrible environment for patients.

Back
Top Bottom