Failed Trump Assassination Attempt

I do not mean to add noise, and this won't add much to the research, but I found it hilarious how Zakharova nailed some of the inconsistencies of the situation

"I mean, a person who is obviously not a member of the Secret Service guarding the event simply walks around with an optical rangefinder [to gauge the distance] on the eve of the protected person's [presidential candidate, Donald Trump] public appearance. And the US Secret Service didn't even care. Or pretended not to care," Zakharova wrote.

The spokeswoman also ironized that in their mutual communications, police officers referred to the US Secret Service as the SS (short for Schutzstaffel, a paramilitary, police, political, prison and security organization in the service of Adolf Hitler in Nazi Germany).

"But on the background of everything else it already looks like a nice marasmus," she posited.

The Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman then suggested that the US intelligence services "reassign a couple of hundred agents who follow Russian diplomats around in a vain attempt to persuade them to collaborate in plugging with them the real holes in security [or] at least [that of] top US policymakers."

"They meddle everywhere, interfere in everything, proclaim themselves exceptional and the best, but in reality they are nothing but a soap bubble with lies and deceit inside," Zakharova summed up.

Thanks for taking the time to explaining that @Approaching Infinity! That was really helpful.

the strong vertical line is what you hear when it passes the mic

Could this be called the leading pressure wave?

One thing that comes to mind is certain hallways or rooms where if you clap you hear a wonky echo, like a "pew pew" sound. Similar principle might be at work here?

It's called flutter echo. It's described by people as having an annoying metallic sound.

What is Flutter Echo?

Flutter echo is an energy that’s trapped between two surfaces and the angle that the sound enters between the two surfaces. In our rooms this occurs between an energy-producing device (speaker) and a wall. The sound energy depending on its wavelength is trapped between two parallel surfaces. You get a series of reflections in short time signatures and then that translates into energy moving across the area between those surfaces. This energy movement excites the air between those two surfaces and with that air excitation you get audible distortion. This distortion can occur between walls, cabinets and bookshelves.

What does it sound like? If you have an audio track and the first part of the track is in real-time and then you delay a few milliseconds, the next track which is the same as the first track, you just put a little delay in it, say a few milliseconds and then run them together that’s what it sounds like. It’s a phantom image that travels with the main image and you have both images trying to convince you they’re one and you can hear them both rather easily. Small space, parallel surfaces, will produce flutter echo that has the response curve that shows and corresponds to the dimensions of the space where it is occurring.

Middle and High-Frequency

Flutter echo is usually a middle and high-frequency issue.
Low-frequency energy is long waves of pressure. Waves of pressure do not get trapped in small dimensions. They go right through it. Middle and high-frequency energy is shorter in length and get trapped in 3, 4, 5′ areas. It is noticeable in middle and higher frequencies since the middle ranges are where we hear the voice and most of our music content. We must remember that flutter echo is caused by two parallel surface areas just like room modes are with unwanted and excessive low-frequency pressure.

The first thing I noticed when I watched the video was the "crinkly", "jangly" sounds on the tail end of those first shots.

Yeah. I heard it.

The tail of the first two shots had a quality of 'shattering glass', or something 'crystalline' about them. The third was a bit different with a more 'high speed zip'. The next five had a 'dull' sound to the tail.

Is there some kind of flutter echo happening here? Dave was right under a tree. Trees are used to absorb noise which is one reason why they're planted in urban areas of cities. But I wonder if the leaves act like a diffuser rather then an absorber. Once the mid-high frequency waves from the supersonic crack (and/or whiz) hit the leaves, the sound got reflected back and forth amongst them extremely quickly like a clap in a room. The tree turns into an 'echo chamber' of sorts until the energy of the waves dissipate. Maybe?

Hardwood acoustic diffuser panel:
Acoustic Diffuser.jpg

Could this be called the leading pressure wave?
Dunno! I had to google it. ;) The first hit associated that term with supersonic phenomena, though.
It's called flutter echo. It's described by people as having an annoying metallic sound.
Cool, didn't know that. Thanks!
Is there some kind of flutter echo happening here? Dave was right under a tree. Trees are used to absorb noise which is one reason why they're planted in urban areas of cities. But I wonder if the leaves act like a diffuser rather then an absorber. Once the mid-high frequency waves from the supersonic crack (and/or whiz) hit the leaves, the sound got reflected back and forth amongst them extremely quickly like a clap in a room. The tree turns into an 'echo chamber' of sorts until the energy of the waves dissipate. Maybe?
A good a guess as any at this point. Jon Malis was also under a tree to the west of the AGR building and didn't get the same effect, but Dave had the advantage of being roughly in the path of the bullets so got a whole lot more sound.

Back
Top Bottom