From Scottie's Tech.info: These Q-Link things actually work?!

It seems that lainey was right about pendant orientation. I haven't noticed anything at the beginning, but I have noticed that my dreams are getting back to my usual sleep pattern, which consists of shallow sleep and several awakenings during the sleep. Since I don't consider that to be a progress, yesterday I decided to turn the face of the pendant again in my direction. The whole day I was feeling depressive, but in the evening the depression became so strong that I had to take of the pendant. And after a couple of minutes the feeling of depression was gone!

I decided to put the pendant on before sleep to see if I will again see the same changes in my sleep pattern. And it was the same as before. I did woke up shortly after I fell asleep, but after that I a had deep sleep with complex dreams until morning. I still cannot say that it was a refreshing sleep, but it was deeper than my usual sleep. Perhaps it will become more refreshing after some time of getting used to it, but it seems that I will have to take it of during the day until that happens.

It might have something to do with the direction the wire inside is wound. Maybe one direction puts energy out and the other pulls energy in?

This is from the spinning thread:

I found this while reading through the transcripts:

In reiki I was taught that the chakras spin in a clockwise direction and also in shiatsu I was taught, during a Do-In to rub the hara (area below the belly button) in a clockwise direction as this is the direction the intestines go. However in reiki the cho ku rei symbol has a spiral which you draw in an anti-clockwise direction

and on a related subject of spinning

and

so it must have to do with the direction of the flow of energy to and from yourself.

If the pendant makes you "more of what you are" and if one direction amplifies that or drains energy out of you or something else, then perhaps that is too intense for some people.

I first put the pendant on on the first day of my 'ladies monthlies' so it makes sense that it would have made me more of what I was: hormonal and feeling a bit crappy. Only this was 5x what I have ever experienced; far too intense. Persej, have you have struggled with bad sleep or low moods in the past?

Persej, have you have struggled with bad sleep or low moods in the past?

Bad sleep yes. The only way that I could get refreshing sleep was if I was too tired to have any kind of thoughts before sleep and just pass out the moment that I touch the bed. Low moods not much, but I have noticed that I was feeling the similar depression when I was trying to exercise focus in my mind during the day, some time ago. But it made me feel depressed so I stopped doing that. But I found an interesting comment about meditation that could be connected to what I am experiencing now:

It's like lifting weights. Your brain will get tired. But the more you do it, the longer you can do it, and the less tired your brain gets. Eventually, you can get this single pointed focus on exactly what you're doing and hold your attention and focus on it for an indefinite period of time.

When I am wearing this pendant in this way I feel like it forces me to pay attention to how my mind is working and to not dissociate as much. But after some time it makes me feel depressed. Perhaps it's because I'm not used to this much focus in my mind and my brain gets tired? And that is why even my deep sleep with it was making me feel tired, because my brain was exercising the whole night?

When I am wearing this pendant in this way I feel like it forces me to pay attention to how my mind is working and to not dissociate as much. But after some time it makes me feel depressed. Perhaps it's because I'm not used to this much focus in my mind and my brain gets tired? And that is why even my deep sleep with it was making me feel tired, because my brain was exercising the whole night?

That could well be, and if it's that, you'll just need to keep up the brain training, and I hope you'll find some relief soon. Bad sleep over a long period is really draining. I've recently thought of exactly this quote from Laura, since I've been upping my meditation practice in the evenings and have found that it's really nothing more than training; just like with any bodily exercises or Arky Chu Gong, only it seems a little harder to improve as fast as with training concerning the body.

In any case, on the first day I wore my pendant also with the coil turned towards the body and was wondering why in the first night, I had bad dreams (don't remember the contents anymore) and wasn't feeling rested. Then, I read lainey's and your posts and thought I'd just try and wear the pendant with the coil turned outwards.

My results so far: I feel a significant difference at my work place, where there's lots of wifi. It seems I don't feel the negative impacts of it anymore, or at least, it's much less. So, before wearing the pendant, I'd daily feel my energy levels dropping at work, as well as not being able to focus as I can do at home, and the felt urgency of needing to move about and 'leave the office'. Now, these symptoms are significantly lessened. I feel much more focused and have more energy, when comparing it with before. Same with going into the city, where it's crowded and wifi is everywhere. Before, it always was a draining experience, now it's much better. It sort of feels like the pendant acts like a sort of shield from electromagnetic radiation. It doesn't feel like it shields from everything, but it does seem to ward off quite a chunk of it.

Bad sleep yes. The only way that I could get refreshing sleep was if I was too tired to have any kind of thoughts before sleep and just pass out the moment that I touch the bed. (...)

FWIW, I used to have that problem too but I learned to stop it years ago, when I first read The Fourth Way. Ouspensky said that in order to learn to self remember it's helpful to start by stopping all thoughts. I've been doing that ever since especially before bed. I'd practice during the day, especially during walks, and it is now my go-to trick if I can't fall asleep. I works like magic every single time.

From The Fourth Way:
Q. It seems to me quite impossible to self-remember at will, although it seems not quite so difficult to observe myself.

A. You must try methods that will produce it. Try this method of stopping your thoughts, to see for how long you can keep your thoughts down, to think about nothing—if you know about self-remembering.

I'm quoting this from memory so the source may be different but I think the book also mentioned that two little I's being awake and conversational can effectively prevent us from falling asleep.

Interestingly enough, this is my go-to method of meditation, just sitting still and stopping all thoughts. Over the last 2 months I've had what feels cravings for it and I suspect it may have something to do with introducing a daily exercise routine (Arky-Chu Gong + strength building exercises), as well as quitting coffee cold turkey. I strongly suspect caffeine was making my brain ultra hyper.

It's a bit off topic but I thought I'd share as it may give you some ideas to improve your own sleep pattern too.

That could well be, and if it's that, you'll just need to keep up the brain training, and I hope you'll find some relief soon. Bad sleep over a long period is really draining.

Yes it is. A couple of months ago I listened to this interview about many problems that can be caused by bad sleep. Here are just the most interesting parts to me:

0:02:46 Dr. Gominak: Most of my patients who I was sending for sleep studies were young, healthy females, totally different group than what we were told to look for, and that group didn't have sleep apnea. They just didn't have any REM. And since we don't have any drugs and I couldn't give them CPAP devices, I'm stuck with now hundreds of little kids, teenagers, young healthy females with no REM. And then by accident, I have a patient who's got a full night's, 10 hours of sleep, so she's sleeping. So I can't give her a sleeping pill. She has a low B12, a very low B12. And so for the... And because I've been spending all this time thinking, "They're not stopping breathing. They just don't have REM. How could that happen?" So I'm spending all this time with this part of the brain stem that runs that and reading all these articles about how the cells run REM sleep. How do we get into REM? How do we come out of REM? What do we know about that? And nobody is saying anything about it. Nobody is even reporting that on the front page of the report. It's hidden in the report, and I don't even know it until later when my pulmonologist tells me. (...)

0:15:10 Dr. Gominak: But as soon as we take away his deep sleep, he doesn't grow, he doesn't develop his brain, he doesn't sexually develop, he doesn't make the neurotransmitters that make him able to pay attention during the day. So, the effect of that one stealing of being able to get paralyzed correctly, has a huge downward, downstream effect on all of the things that happen to that child afterwards. So, this idea that it could be one place affecting both, and I'm thinking that for two or three years, and I'm making up these stories so I could tell my patients why it's important to them, so I can manipulate it with drugs, but there aren't any drugs that give back REM. (...)

0:36:57 Dr. Gominak: And what we're really looking at is these are children who do not have enough time spent in deep sleep. The effects are varied because what the brain is doing is it has to triage every night. We don't pop out, ready to go. We have to develop each part of our brain. So it's my conclusion that if you shorten the amount of the developmental time, the brain has to triage what it will develop. And based on the epidemic of autism, I would say that social interaction has been left for last. It's more likely that the individual will survive based on developing speech, math, and all the basics, but you take out the social interaction, that individual will probably not mate and probably not produce offspring, but they'll still be able to survive. But what I've seen in my patients is, you give back everything the brain needs, even at age 16, and you will see that the brain knows what was left off.

0:38:12 Dr. Gominak: It keeps a record of every single thing it has not had time to do. And if you let that child sleep as much as the brain wants to, all of those deficiency states are given back everything they need, it fixes everything. That child's social development catches up, their sexual development catches up, the area of sexual discontent or dysmorphism, where "I don't feel like my body fits... What I feel about myself doesn't fit my genitalia," comes out of the same place, I think. You're born with your genitalia, but the sexualization of your brain happens every night while we sleep. That means endocrine development of the brain is related to estrogen levels that are secreted in your brain while you sleep. The things that we've seen happening, autism and sexual feelings of not being right, have all increased around the same timeframe. (...)

0:42:30 Mike Mutzel: Very interesting. And so if we wanna again, talk like root cause resolution of that spectrum of neurologic aberrations, shall we say, it stems from poor quality sleep.

0:42:41 Dr. Gominak: Yes.

0:42:41 Mike Mutzel: Or lack of...

0:42:43 Dr. Gominak: Not getting into the right phases. And unfortunately, most children do not report that they don't sleep. You have to be really, really disordered not to sleep. Most of the time, the fall back for 90% of the kids I see can't get out of bed in the morning.

0:43:44 Dr. Gominak: So there are many things that we see, leg movements, leg pain, sleep walking, sleep talking, they're all related to this but the more important impact is, oh, if that kid can't get out of bed, the brain is really saying, "Go back to sleep. I was supposed to do three hours of REM. And we haven't even gotten into it yet."

I've recently thought of exactly this quote from Laura, since I've been upping my meditation practice in the evenings and have found that it's really nothing more than training; just like with any bodily exercises or Arky Chu Gong, only it seems a little harder to improve as fast as with training concerning the body.

Yes, it's much more harder. But perhaps this device can help with that.

FWIW, I used to have that problem too but I learned to stop it years ago, when I first read The Fourth Way. Ouspensky said that in order to learn to self remember it's helpful to start by stopping all thoughts. I've been doing that ever since especially before bed. I'd practice during the day, especially during walks, and it is now my go-to trick if I can't fall asleep. I works like magic every single time.

I tried doing that before, and I had some results, but not as much as now. Perhaps I needed a training wheels for that. Hopefully, I will eventually get the benefits that other people are describing.

FWIW: My Q-link pendant arrived two days ago. It's hard to pinpoint whether certain effects are due to wearing it, but I feel the same things some people have observed here: more grounded, and clear thinking. I'm pretty prone to getting headaches, but they're way less now. The positive effects appear stronger today than the first day wearing it. How I wear it: The black side is in front (I got the black pendant) and the side with the ring and 'qlink' text in the middle is in the back.

Regarding sleep: Generally, I've never really had a problem with sleeping or having vivid dreams, so I can't say if it improved that. It's the same as it was. (Though I have been taking melatonin again since a week or so, which has helped me feel more rested in the mornings). Some have noticed depressive feelings, but for me it is rather the opposite! I'll see how it is in a month or so. Hope this was helpful.

I've been wearing my Q-Link for over a week now and I think it has had positive effects from the very beginning, yet I've also had a period of 'adaptation', I think.

The first night I slept with it I started having dreams, which is something I can certainly notice as a difference. I remember I used to dream quite a lot when I was younger but this wasn't the case for the past 5 years or so. I'm dreaming every single night since I have the Q-Link.

Another thing I noticed is that I can focus more when reading, especially when I reading on the subway and after a few days of wearing it, I started having headaches, so I stopped using it for a few hours and now I'm wearing it all the time without headaches. I'll see how it goes after some more time.

I am still in the 'adaptation' phase, but the symptoms are milder than before. At one point I had to stop wearing it with the circle inside because it was making me feel too depressed, so I started wearing in facing outwards. Than made me feel better, and one day I was feeling a quite positive feelings while I was walking with it outside. But I thought that that probably means that I adapted enough to that side, so I decided to try again the other side. And the first day I felt depression again, but the next day a little less. And today also less than yesterday. I also dream every night, and I am still waking up tired, but less than before.

So at this point I think that the circle side is not necessarily bad, it's just more powerful than the other side, so the adaptation period might be easier if you wear it outside out.

I got my Q-Link about 2 weeks ago and so far I'm having positive results.

For some background, I've had various EMF issues ranging from joint pains and soreness to foggy thinking and anxiety. For the most part my EMF sensitivity is only mildly annoying, but if I'm surrounded by cell phones, bluetooth, and Wi-Fi (like at work or visiting family) then the anxiety and scattered thinking really takes a toll. Considering these technologies are only going to become more powerful and pervasive and I'm already having ill health effects I decided to give the Q-link a shot and just see what happened.

Well, before I even put it on there was a calming sensation and my thinking was clearer, which I wasn't expecting right away so that was interesting. I've had headaches come and go, but that could be diet related so it's not clear which is the culprit. The calming sensation and clearer thinking have remained and some of the things that used to cause me issues don't have nearly as much impact as before. The best way I can describe it is that the Q-Link is acting as a buffer against some of the harmful effects of EMFs, at least for me. It's not made me EMF proof, but it's been helpful and I plan to continue using it for the foreseeable future to help protect against the invisible death rays.

Thanks everyone for the recommendation, the testimonials, and the discount links!

Last edited:
Today is the end of the fourth week of me wearing the Q-Link pendant. And I am still not feeling any positive effects. I still have a lot of dreams every night, but wake up tired. And I still feel depressed, some days more, some days less. Yesterday I had to take it of in the evening because it was pretty intense. I felt much better once I took it off.

I still don't know if this belongs to the category of "do what it doesn't like" and "intentional suffering", or there is something wrong with my pendant. I would like to know if this is just a side effect of rearrangement of my brain tracks or something else.

Today is the end of the fourth week of me wearing the Q-Link pendant. And I am still not feeling any positive effects. I still have a lot of dreams every night, but wake up tired. And I still feel depressed, some days more, some days less. Yesterday I had to take it of in the evening because it was pretty intense. I felt much better once I took it off.

I still don't know if this belongs to the category of "do what it doesn't like" and "intentional suffering", or there is something wrong with my pendant. I would like to know if this is just a side effect of rearrangement of my brain tracks or something else.

I was just wondering if you still have some wireless equipment in your environment that could be contributing to negative reactions. Maybe it is kind a battle of the frequencies.

It’s been a few weeks now for my with the pendant.

I wear it all the time and I have the text facing towards me. I have noticed deeper sleep and more refreshing rest. I had always assumed I was simply a person that would constantly wake up in the middle of the night just because, but since I started wearing this, those sleepless night events have pretty much disappeared.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that I used to leave work everyday with a headache that would slowly dissipate on my way home, I always assumed it was stress and physical exhaustion. But those have also gone since I’ve been wearing the pendant, so yay!

And Persej, just my personal uneducated opinion In terms of emotions, well... I mean it’s a pendant that resonates with you, if one has issues that are generating a certain kind of energy, then the pendant doesn’t select what to resonate with, it just resonates, as far as I understand it. So if anything this can help to clear some of the obstacles to handle what’s there, but it still needs to be dealt with. Does that make sense?

The way I see it is, It’s like we’re all a messy room that is really really loud, and the pendant gets rid of the noise (or helps with it), but whatever mess was there, it’s still there.

Like, for instance if one is trying to protect oneself from emf radiation, and gets a pendant but then after getting the pendant one hasn’t dealt with, for example, the dopaminergic cycle of having to constantly check one’s cellphone. Then Getting the pendant won’t really help with anxiety (because of the constant need for that dopamine hit). Does that make sense? The pendant helps, but as with anything, it requires conscious will and effort.

I was just wondering if you still have some wireless equipment in your environment that could be contributing to negative reactions. Maybe it is kind a battle of the frequencies.

I have WiFi signals from neighbors, but I have the same feeling even when I'm outside.

And Persej, just my personal uneducated opinion In terms of emotions, well... I mean it’s a pendant that resonates with you, if one has issues that are generating a certain kind of energy, then the pendant doesn’t select what to resonate with, it just resonates, as far as I understand it. So if anything this can help to clear some of the obstacles to handle what’s there, but it still needs to be dealt with. Does that make sense?

The way I see it is, It’s like we’re all a messy room that is really really loud, and the pendant gets rid of the noise (or helps with it), but whatever mess was there, it’s still there.

You could be right. This thing helps me to not dissociate, but it also makes me focus on what a mess I have inside. And if I continue to focus on that what will happen? Will it make it bigger, or reduce it? That is what interests me.

Like, for instance if one is trying to protect oneself from emf radiation, and gets a pendant but then after getting the pendant one hasn’t dealt with, for example, the dopaminergic cycle of having to constantly check one’s cellphone. Then Getting the pendant won’t really help with anxiety (because of the constant need for that dopamine hit). Does that make sense? The pendant helps, but as with anything, it requires conscious will and effort.

Yes, I feel that I still have to work to keep my focus, but the better I get, the more depressed I feel. I am happy that I finally found something that can help me to train my attention, I just didn't expect that it will be like this. But the positive testimonials from other people give me strength to continue.

Im no expert, but if I had to guess I would interpret what you’re describing as better focus, less distractions and suddenly noticing something that has always been there: the depression.

Which feels awful, but at the same time now you’ve just begun to realize how large it has been all this time? Maybe that’s why you lost focus initially, your depression was so large that you sought to distract your attention from it because it was scary, and we all do that constantly, and to a large degree it’s pretty understandable.

So, again not an expert here, but I would say that maybe this is giving you an opportunity to navigate through all that makes you depressed. Everything that saddens you, all the anger and resentment and wounds. The things you can/could control and the things you can’t/couldn’t, to forgive and to repent and to take responsibility and let go and learn.

I know it’s easier said than done, but maybe it’s time to heal?

Back
Top Bottom