Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

do the sitting units have a metal frame inside? if so you should inflate the chamber while inside before assembling it

also inflate it from outside while double checking connections on pressure lines see if you can catch any leaks, get a non rebreather mask and make sure o2 machine is pumping >6L per minute at 1.5ata

leave the compressors as far away from your head to avoid EMFs

post any specific questions here that ppl should be able to help

---------

I've taken a break in December as it's summer here and inside temp is getting above 30C, i have a hygrometer to check it and humidity gets to 99% paired with the heat it is very uncomfortable
I'll try and get some sessions early in the morning when it's not too hot till now I've done 114 sessions 1.5ata + 68 2ata

I don't feel cured yet but have managed some improvement in energy and feel great right after sessions
i lost 20 pounds this year after getting back to the gym doing cardio and tightening the diet I'm back to the weight i had at 16yo eating mostly psmf/keto + some fruits

Can anyone advise me what I should beware of or specially aware of when assembling it?
Congrats for getting your chamber!

Pets: be careful they don't come near the chamber; they can make minuscule holes with their teeth or their claws, and it will no more be usable. It's better they don't have acces to the room at all.

For the assembly: here are some videos on macypan's website: Video - Shanghai Baobang Medical Equipment Co., Ltd.
Video - Shanghai Baobang Medical Equipment Co., Ltd.

Thanks ImaPrototype and nature for your advice.
Sadly there is nowhere else downstairs that I can put it whilst I have to use it until my ankle heals and the chronic osteomyelitis/ MRSA infection is zapped by our remedies.
Plus a tooth infection, despite filling, refused root canal, until I can get whole mouth//dental work done by Dr K's Swiss BioHealth in Konstanz asap. This will finally cure my tinnitus too so I can get my hearing back!!
It has been a long road, but am very excited now, as I have finally got all my remedies, and the knowledge of how to use them.
What I will do is keep the pets out when using it and ensure I have a thick protective cover over it otherwise. Cats will be barred, and dogs stay on my bed, but the younger timid rescue one does tend to nibble cushions atm!
I will follow your recommendations and post any questions that crop up shortly. Big hugs. x

For the mask: it's not a problem if you don't get one: in monoplace chamber it's not so necessary, as oxygène continously comes in the chamber. It's more the pressure than the O2 concentration that counts. Once you have O2 inside your chamber, and you have lot of O2 as it constinuously coming in, the pressure pushes it in the plasma, not on the hemoglobine as it (the red globules) is yet naturally satured at its maximum. It's the oxygen inside the plasma that makes the difference.
In contrast, masks are important in multiplace chambers, ie chambers where there are many people, because one doesn't like to inhale others' breath.

not sure I'd use it without a mask yes you're pumping pure oxygen but remember it's only about 10% of total air being pumped assuming your compressor is 70L/min
and nitrogen tends to be heavier so who knows it's not acumulating on the lower part of the chamber?
(also why the chamber space has to be well ventilated)

After 4 failed bank wires, the 5th one went through within 24h. OxyRevo shipped my packages on the 4th Jan and I received everything on the 8th, 4 days later (customs clearance and everything). That was so fast I still can't believe it!

Everything is meticulously packed carefully in 5 boxes. Duties and taxes were reasonable, although Canada charges a lot of taxes and duties for anything you import compared to USA.

Can't wait to start! My daughter has had chronic rhinitis for the last 2 years from unknown causes. We suspect dust allergies. Very grateful for free public healthcare, but... We are on a waiting list for allergy tests and still waiting after almost 2 years. Hopefully, HBOT will help her out. I will update on our progress once we get some results. 😊

I've asked ChatGPT and here is the answer given, but I'm sure someone else will have a better answer for you.

Protein S-100 is a protein found in the brain and nervous system. Elevated levels of protein S-100 in the blood may indicate damage to the brain or nervous system, such as from injury or certain medical conditions.
The correlation between HBOT and protein S-100 levels in the context of treating autism spectrum disorder is not well-established in scientific literature. However, it's possible that the doctor is concerned about potential risks associated with HBOT in individuals with elevated protein S-100 levels.
While there may be some research exploring the potential effects of HBOT on ASD and biomarkers like protein S-100, the overall understanding of these relationships is limited and inconclusive. Therefore, caution is warranted when interpreting and applying such findings in clinical practice.

For the mask: it's not a problem if you don't get one: in monoplace chamber it's not so necessary, as oxygène continously comes in the chamber. It's more the pressure than the O2 concentration that counts. Once you have O2 inside your chamber, and you have lot of O2 as it constinuously coming in, the pressure pushes it in the plasma, not on the hemoglobine as it (the red globules) is yet naturally satured at its maximum. It's the oxygen inside the plasma that makes the difference.
In contrast, masks are important in multiplace chambers, ie chambers where there are many people, because one doesn't like to inhale others' breath.

not sure I'd use it without a mask yes you're pumping pure oxygen but remember it's only about 10% of total air being pumped assuming your compressor is 70L/min
and nitrogen tends to be heavier so who knows it's not acumulating on the lower part of the chamber?
(also why the chamber space has to be well ventilated)

Not wearing a mask in the home chamber will significantly decrease the amount of oxygen you're getting in. It misses the entire point of the therapy - to get as much oxygen into the body under pressure. I don't think this depends on what kind of home chamber you get. If you think of the oxygen as water, we're talking about the difference between a firehose and rainfall. The mask allows a firehose of oxygen to enter the body. Not wearing a mask and you'll likely just be getting a sprinkling of rainfall (of oxygen) into the body. Get a mask, and a rebreather, which gives the best results. There has already been some discussion on this in the thread if you read through it, or use the search term 'rebreather'.

I've asked ChatGPT and here is the answer given, but I'm sure someone else will have a better answer for you.

Protein S-100 is a protein found in the brain and nervous system. Elevated levels of protein S-100 in the blood may indicate damage to the brain or nervous system, such as from injury or certain medical conditions.
The correlation between HBOT and protein S-100 levels in the context of treating autism spectrum disorder is not well-established in scientific literature. However, it's possible that the doctor is concerned about potential risks associated with HBOT in individuals with elevated protein S-100 levels.
While there may be some research exploring the potential effects of HBOT on ASD and biomarkers like protein S-100, the overall understanding of these relationships is limited and inconclusive. Therefore, caution is warranted when interpreting and applying such findings in clinical practice.

So you've gone from using ChatGPT to translate your writings to relying on it for medical advice? Slippery slope.

So you've gone from using ChatGPT to translate your writings to relying on it for medical advice? Slippery slope.
Slippery slope indeed! One has to be very careful about those AI answers. That is why I put a disclaimer to warn where I got the answer from.
GPT might be helpful to give clues and hints while researching a subject. But I would certainly not rely solely on it for anything: it does make mistakes with translating and text revision, which should be its main strength. So I can only imagine how many more mistakes it may make with other things.
I've been using it while researching quite many subjects, and it helped a lot in reducing time waste when Google searches were leading nowhere.

Hey everyone, a friend has managed to arrange a really good discount for me on HBOT sessions, but the pressure is 1.3 and not 1.5. I haven’t yet finished reading the entire thread, and I won’t be able to finish it before I have to decide if I’m in or not. But is the difference so substantial that it would be better to find a provider that has 1.5 equipment?

Earlier in the thread it says that 45 sessions is a good number for most conditions, but my health has been challenged for well over a decade now, so I figured that I’d go for double the number. 50 to do now, and 40 to use up in the future as and when needed (or share with family). I can’t really buy a unit now as my job situation isn’t stable enough, but I’m starting to wonder if maybe saving up for it would be a better option.

The offer is 1700 Euro for 90 sessions, so under 20 Euro per session. That’s half price of what those sessions normally cost here.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated, especially on the 1.3 vs 1.5 pressure units. Thank you so much!

Hey everyone, a friend has managed to arrange a really good discount for me on HBOT sessions, but the pressure is 1.3 and not 1.5. I haven’t yet finished reading the entire thread, and I won’t be able to finish it before I have to decide if I’m in or not. But is the difference so substantial that it would be better to find a provider that has 1.5 equipment?

Earlier in the thread it says that 45 sessions is a good number for most conditions, but my health has been challenged for well over a decade now, so I figured that I’d go for double the number. 50 to do now, and 40 to use up in the future as and when needed (or share with family). I can’t really buy a unit now as my job situation isn’t stable enough, but I’m starting to wonder if maybe saving up for it would be a better option.

The offer is 1700 Euro for 90 sessions, so under 20 Euro per session. That’s half price of what those sessions normally cost here.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated, especially on the 1.3 vs 1.5 pressure units. Thank you so much!

I have a 1.3 Macy Pan chamber and it definitely works. I've done mostly 1 hour sessions, but also 1.5 hour sessions, with 30 min oxygen/5 min off, 30 min on/5 min off, 20 min on, then exit. I've done well over 250 sessions by now, and I think there are still benefits to be derived. It all depends on the state of the body.

The first 90 sessions are kinda like the first few months of doing EE - lots of clearing up going on. If you have a 90 session limit, I'd suggest trying out 1.5 hr sessions if you can. I'd say it's definitely worth it, I wouldn't wait around for a different 1.5 chamber to show up. Especially taking the decent price into account.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated, especially on the 1.3 vs 1.5 pressure units.
Hi Ant22,
It sounds like a good deal and as @iamthatis says, you can perhaps opt for longer sessions. Below is a break down of the difference into pressure hours in reference to the protocol in Israel where they use a 2atm HBOT.

In this interview (at around 29 minutes), Scott Scherr, MD, who is one of the leading HBOT researchers and practitioners in the US, talks about Shai Efrati's protocol in Israel. According to Dr. Scherr, the protocol involves 60 sessions of 2 ATA pressure, where they take off the mask after 20 minutes and leave it off for 5 minutes and repeat. Each session is 90 minutes at pressure, which corresponds to 90 "pressure minutes" per session. I define a "pressure minute" as one minute at 2 atmosphere's pressure, equivalent of being at 10 meters (33 ft.) depth in water. The entire protocol gives a user 90 "pressure hours"

For those who have a 1.5 ATA system, they get only 0.5 "pressure minutes" per minute in the pressurised chamber. If we do a session of 60 minutes at 1.5 ATA (plus 10-15 minutes to reach full pressurisation), the sessions gives us 0.5 "presssure hours". So in order to get the equivalent "presssure time" as Dr. Efrati's protocol, we need to do 180 sessions at 60 minutes of pressure. Alternatively, we can increase the duration of each session to do 90 sessions with 2 hours at pressure or 127 sessions of 1.5 hours at pressure.

As I understand it, it's not necessary to get the same pressure exposure as Dr. Efrati to get some the benefits from HBOT. Dr. Scherr says that the "minium viable product" approach of estimating the minimum number of treatments to get sustainable benefits is 30 sessions. However, that does depend on age, general health conditions, diet, etc. For most people looking to get reverse ageing benefits Dr. Scherr refers to a study that has found that maximum senescent cell downregulation and telomere length contribution takes place at 30 sessions. He doesn't specify at what pressure and duration but as I understand it, it is implied that it's a similar setup as Dr. Efrati from Israel.

If these benefits follow a normal distribution, then half of the total benefits take place before the peak value and the remaining half take place after. So if you stop at the number of sessions when you reach peak effect, it means that you're only getting half the potential benefit.

All in all, that's a pretty lengthy protocol...

As regard to a 1.3 atm unit, then an hour would give 0.3 pressure hour as opposed to 0.5 pressure hour with a 1.5 atm unit. To get 90 pressure hours as in the Israeli protocol one would need 300 sessions of 1 hour at 1.3atm. That is only according to that protocol and does not mean that there aren't benefits with a lot less sessions as is clearly the case.

A unit cost about €5000-6000 though they may have gone up since this post was made (And there are different brands too with different prices):
They are way more professional and easy to deal with than the others I was on to. They wattsapp me all the info pdf and are in the business a long time. Got a good deal on a 1.5 ata with spare parts. All in, inc delivery and tax is 5200 euro.
That is about 3 times more than the price you were quoted, though it is at 1.5 atm and you can do as much as you wish.
Do you not know of others near by who would be interested in sharing the cost of buying one or who would be interested in having some sessions if you bought one? Perhaps something to look in to if you haven't already.

I'm looking through my notes and bookmarks but I can't find the reference to support this information: I remember reading that HBOT becomes anti-bacterial/anti-viral starting at 1.5 and up. Maybe another member could chime in regarding this.

But, like iamthatis said, there will be benefits even at 1.3, and the deal you got is a really good price.
Here is an article to confirm that statement: Hyperbaric oxygen therapy at 1.3 atm at room temperature is just as effective as 100% oxygen at 2.4 Atm as evidenced by research | Portland Chiropractic Neurology
Breathing regular air under hyperbaric oxygen conditions of 1.3 Atm leads to more than 50% elevation in tissue oxygenation. There are many case reports illustrating significant effects due to small increases in air pressure, including effects on the brain (...)

There is a lot of pages to read in that thread, which can be time consuming, but it's loaded with valuable info.
If you decide you want to purchase a unit, you may want to look for a secondhand unit for sale, you might get lucky.
You could also write to OxyRevo and explain your situation; he might be able to offer you a discount.

Another thing to consider when buying a unit is the space it requires. In my case, I don't have space and I have a cat... I came up with a solution: a DIY platform that I will lift to the ceiling with a system of pulleys. Once I'm done, my bedroom will look more like a hangar than a bedroom :cry:

I'm looking through my notes and bookmarks but I can't find the reference to support this information: I remember reading that HBOT becomes anti-bacterial/anti-viral starting at 1.5 and up. Maybe another member could chime in regarding this.
Perhaps this is what you were looking for, though members have reported good effects from using 1.3 atm units too.
So, basically, 1.4 and above is bacteriostatic according to the textbook, but the other place said 1.5. It isn't wrong, it just isn't the whole banana.

Back
Top Bottom