Iodine and Potassium Iodide

RedFox said:
15% = 7.62mg
14 drops = 106.68mg - 15 drops = 114.30mg
Both are Huge doses, but ok for nuking critters.

Are you taking selenium too? Salt (sea salt) water in the morning?
What makes you think you have critters?

This can't be both elemental iodine and potassium iodide per drop, right? Are you calculating only elemental iodine?

SeekinTruth said:
RedFox said:
15% = 7.62mg

This can't be both elemental iodine and potassium iodide per drop, right? Are you calculating only elemental iodine?

Even just elemental iodine would be 15mg since it's 15%, so I have no idea where he got that number.

The per-drop content has been repeated many times:
2% - 2.50mg
3% - 3.75mg
5% - 6.25mg
7% - 8.75mg
10% - 12.50mg
12% - 15mg
15% - 18.75mg

So 15 drops of 15% Lugol's solution would be over 280mg.

Joe said:
sitting said:
Joe said:
Hi Gaby, are your acne-like lesions similar to the itchy bromoderma/ioderma things mentioned previously?

Hi Joe,

For the past two and a half weeks, I've been itching all over like I've never experienced before. I initially chalked it up to air dryness, but am now convinced it's something more. Very hard not to scratch -- even though I know this makes it worse.

But thankfully no lesions though.

FWIW.

Yeah, I haven't had lesions either, just little red bumps on lower legs mostly that are itchy, so I itch and that kind of breaks the skin. Other than that, they're not too bothersome. I figure it's a basic detox reaction, either from DMSA or from other detox supplements I've been taking. I take regular mud baths, (a normal bath with Montmorillonite or Bentonite clay in it). It's pretty good for calming skin and helping gently draw things out that might be subcutaneously hanging around.

I've been getting these little itchy bumps all over my hand. I put a complete stop to the iodine until they clear up. They're not painful except when they grow in awkward spots - then the swelling can cause a little soreness.

They've been taking a while to go down and just before completely disappearing they leave a little 'stain' where they use to be.

I've been meaning to get myself some bentonite clay for a mud bath but am a little unsure because my skin is super sensitive and I have re-accruing eczema. Anything that's even the LEAST bit drying will cause me to break out in a rash. I even make my own 'soap' because of this.

How does your skin feel after a mud bath with Bentonite clay, and do you find it drying at all?

Will appreciate feedback :D

Solie said:
I've been meaning to get myself some bentonite clay for a mud bath but am a little unsure because my skin is super sensitive and I have re-accruing eczema. Anything that's even the LEAST bit drying will cause me to break out in a rash. I even make my own 'soap' because of this.

How does your skin feel after a mud bath with Bentonite clay, and do you find it drying at all?

For me there is no drying of the skin. I take a shower afterwards anyway, and I suppose at that point you can use your regular soap or whatever. Maybe get a small amount of the clay and give it a try and see. Have you any idea what is causing your eczema?

The results from my blood test came today. I have also been on physical exam. They have done an ultrasound scan and electrocardiogram scan of my heart. Both came perfect. No problem from that side

Blood test are unbelievable.

Thyroid status is :

T3 - 4.9 pmol/L [ 3.3 - 6.1]
T4 - 15.8 pmol/L [ 10-25]
TSH - 5.76 ulU/ml [ 0.4 - 4.0]

So only TSH is elevated. Oficial diagnosis is Hypothyroidism . The doctor prescribed me Levothyroxin 25mg once a day on empty stomach

I read in Dr Brownsteins book that elevated TSH is caused by iodine. The Iodine transport system is elevated because it now must carry iodine throuout the body. So i dont plan to take that drug. I even think to continue with small doses of Lugols. I`m not so sure about this but i`ll really appreciate all your suggestons.

That is about thyroid. The most unbeliveable result is my lipid status. The doctors favorite subject.:)
The doctor was scared when he saw the results.
Here are results:

Total Lipids 16.1g/L [ 5.0 - 10.0]
Triglycerides 3.14 mmol/L [ up to 2.0 ]
Total Cholesterol 12.6 mmol/L [ up to 5.7 ]
HDL - 0.68 mmol/L [ 0.9 - 2.0]
LDL - 9.9 mmol/L [ up to 3.9]

So HDL is very low, lower then minimal value and LDL is very high, almost 3 times its maximum value
Also Triglycerides are very high.

Last 2 onths i`m on totaly ketogenic diet. I ate 2 meals a day. One in the morning and one at 6 pm, sometimes small lunch duruing the day
I havent eat gluten for 3 years and sugar for almost 10 years. I go to gym 4 times a week.

I cant understand how is all this possible. :scared:
Can this be a result od disturbed thyroid TSH. or of iodine .
Last time i checked my lipids in blood was 3 years ago and they were perfect, and i was on high fat diet even then. I`m on high fat diet now. Nothing i have changed in that direction. How can results be compleatly opposite.

I dont plan to take the pile of statins that doctor prescribed. I must understand what has happened. :umm:

My tremmor of my body is reduced today. I took salted water 2 times today and it seems that helped a lot. Also 3 to 5 g of ascorbic acid in the afternoon.

Pain in the neck is also much weaker today.
Last 3-4 day i`m waked upat about 4 am by a strong heartbeat that i can feel in my left side of the neck. Where the pain is. Every day in the same time.I dont have problem with going to sleep in the evening.

I `m buying fish oil in a glass bottle in a local pharmacy. They sold it in a bottles and you can buy how much quantity you want. They keep the oil in a big barrels and then they put that in a smaller bottles that they sell.

After this , i`m worried about quality of that oil. Maybe it will be better sollution if i get some quality Omega 3 caps or something similar.

I dont know what should i do next. The doctor scared my family so they now insist to take statins, and avoid fat, but i will not do that. So , its a battle on 2 fronts, and i hope i`ll do my best.

Joe said:
For me there is no drying of the skin. I take a shower afterwards anyway, and I suppose at that point you can use your regular soap or whatever. Maybe get a small amount of the clay and give it a try and see. Have you any idea what is causing your eczema?

I've been trying to figure that out myself since both my brother and I have it, but my parents have never had any symptoms but, I do have family members with asthma, (which most doctors believe is related) It mostly flares up with irritants and dry air, but for the most part it's under control if I take care of it. Going on the keto-diet has help tremendously though!

I had a sever flare up when first starting the iodine - all over my face, which I just kept soothing with coconut oil throughout the day until it went away.

I should and will take some time out to get to the bottom of it. I never thought of it as anything serious since it's always been manageable.

I searched a little and i find this

_http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3109527/

Thyroid dysfunction can have an important effect on lipid profile [138]. Biochemical screening for thyroid dysfunction is critical in all dyslipidemic patients, as well as in all patients with unexpected improvement or worsening of their lipid profile. Underlying thyroid disorders should be recognized and treated in this setting

There is a lot more on the link above

So i guess my lipid status i due to the Elevated TSH.

SeekinTruth said:
RedFox said:
15% = 7.62mg

on my lugols iodine 15% bottle is written that 1 drop contains 7,6 mg of elemental iodine, so 7,6x15 drops= 114 mg, or i'm not calculating right?

Anyway, i lowered the intake to 8 drops for now, even when i was taking 15 drops i didn't feel bad, low in energy, or headaches, though i experienced loose stools, and drank a lot of water+ visiting more frequently the bathroom.

Just two quick questions guys. I've seen mentions of iodine treatment before, but I've became really interested in doing it after reading the newest session (and so is my mother).

I know that reading this whole thread would be the best idea to prepare myself for it, and to gather necessary knowledge. The problem is, because of my ADD it's hardly possible for me to actually read 114 pages (plus, it would take me forever), so is there a way to cut the process a bit? Start later, and if so, what page?

Another question: is it necessary to read the book?

Konstantin said:
So i guess my lipid status i due to the Elevated TSH.

I would not necessarily make that assumption. First, the thyroid tests showed very mild elevated TSH. T3 and T4 were normal. It doesn't look like you have hypothyroidism symptoms neither. As you quoted, it looks like TSH is elevated as a result of the symporter stimulation. The doctor made the same mistake that Brownstein warns us against. That is, doctors only look at TSH and make the assumption of hypothyroidism from that alone. Focusing on TSH alone while ignoring clinical symptoms and T3 and T4 is very myopic.

The high lipid profile could be related with an infection process you're fighting. A raise in triglycerides is a normal response to an infection. High cholesterol protects against infections. It is a defense mechanism. There is a summary about it here:

The benefits of high cholesterol
http://www.ravnskov.nu/2015/12/30/the-benefits-of-high-cholesterol/

Besides the pain in the neck, any clues about an infection from the cell blood count?

It is good to have feedback from blood tests and from a physician. But you have to keep things in perspective otherwise you'll end up believing the programmed lies from mainstream medicine.

I would repeat the cholesterol tests in 4-6 months. Obviously, taking statins is the worst possible idea. Cholesterol levels are hardly set on stone. They fluctuate according to several factors, one being infections.

Do you eat a certain amount of carbs per day?

zhenqing said:

It is highly recommended because it is actually a short reading and it synthesizes a lot of the info.

This article will help you to catch up as well:

http://www.sott.net/article/307684-Iodine-Suppressed-knowledge-that-can-change-your-life

You can also watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBM2qWKkFxE&list=RDZBM2qWKkFxE#t=0

The thread is big, but there are a lot of testimonials that are actually very interesting to read :)

Gaby said:
zhenqing said:

It is highly recommended because it is actually a short reading and it synthesizes a lot of the info.

This article will help you to catch up as well:

http://www.sott.net/article/307684-Iodine-Suppressed-knowledge-that-can-change-your-life

You can also watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBM2qWKkFxE&list=RDZBM2qWKkFxE#t=0

The thread is big, but there are a lot of testimonials that are actually very interesting to read :)

Thank you for the links, Gaby. I'm going to read the article and watch the video.

I'll try to read the thread too (oh boy...), and I'll see if I can get the book somehow.

zhenqing said:
Just two quick questions guys. I've seen mentions of iodine treatment before, but I've became really interested in doing it after reading the newest session (and so is my mother).

I know that reading this whole thread would be the best idea to prepare myself for it, and to gather necessary knowledge. The problem is, because of my ADD it's hardly possible for me to actually read 114 pages (plus, it would take me forever), so is there a way to cut the process a bit? Start later, and if so, what page?

I would scan through the pages of the thread and focus on the posts about how much iodine to take and what supplements to take with it. I would also focus on the reports of people's experiences. That way you'll get a good idea of what to do and what to expect.

Joe said:
I would scan through the pages of the thread and focus on the posts about how much iodine to take and what supplements to take with it. I would also focus on the reports of people's experiences. That way you'll get a good idea of what to do and what to expect.

That sounds like a good idea. Thank you, Joe.

Back
Top Bottom