Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Laura said:
Konstantin said:
So i dont know what to do, Should i just leave all like that and with time all will settle down , should i take that medicine that doctor prescribed for the thyroid until things calm down , or should i continue with small doses of iodine until thyroid is saturated and then TSH wil come to normal again , as Dr Brownstein recommended.
I cant forget the pressure that i have from my family. From my wife and my mother. They insist me to take all that drugs. I can fight with that but i must to know and to decide what to do next.

<snip>

I`m only worried about my thyroid. I cant even describe how i feel.

If i dont take anything , will it calm down , or should i suplement with something speciffic to easy the process ?

Sounds almost exactly like Joe's situation/reaction.

So, stop with the iodine. Take the salted water to help detox. Take the vitamin C in the afternoon for detox. Take spirulina or chlorella for detox. Some 5-htp (50 mg) 2 X a day can help. And just keep in mind that you may very well be suddenly transducing higher energies and it is manifesting this way in the physiology.

I stopped it for almost one week. Salted water helps a lot. Vitamin C i take every afternoon. I have to order other suplements because i dont have them right now.

Another thing happened. Yesterday late afternoon when i came back from the doctors office, after all that panicking from mty familly i tried to explain to them that its nothing serious. I have to go little out , and i went to the gym to stretch a little. I have an enormous energy. Later that afternoon and until i went to bed i feel so calm, so wonderfull, I felt such a joy that i cant explain.I was smiling all the time. In the morning then not so well as i described in my previous post.

And now i opened your response to my post , i read it and i burst in tears. :shock:
I dont know why i just started like someone pressed a switch. I`m on my work place right now and as it started i run to the bathroom.I was crying like a small baby, with a tons of tears.
It never happened to me before, ever. I never cry and i`m usually very reserved with showing my emotions but it started suddenly and i cant do anything. It was stronger then me.
And i cried for about 10 minutes and then it stopped. And its coming in waves, like a press of a button, without any warning.

I dont think its related to my elevated TSH, or that i have any signs of hypothyroidism. Probably some higher energy manifestation or something else, i dont know. i`m totally confused.

Thank you Laura and all forum members.

Konstantin said:
And now i opened your response to my post , i read it and i burst in tears. :shock:
I dont know why i just started like someone pressed a switch. I`m on my work place right now and as it started i run to the bathroom.I was crying like a small baby, with a tons of tears.
It never happened to me before, ever. I never cry and i`m usually very reserved with showing my emotions but it started suddenly and i cant do anything. It was stronger then me.
And i cried for about 10 minutes and then it stopped. And its coming in waves, like a press of a button, without any warning.

I dont think its related to my elevated TSH, or that i have any signs of hypothyroidism. Probably some higher energy manifestation or something else, i dont know. i`m totally confused.

It does sound like there's something being activated in you Konstantin, as an indirect result of the iodine. Like the Cs said 'psycho-physiological' symptoms rather than just physical. It won't be the same for everyone of course, and I had no problems with my TSH, but then my test was 1 week after my initial experience. But your symptoms of anxiety/panic and a kind of emotional release are similar. Make sure you let us know how you progress. :hug2:

Joe said:
Konstantin said:

It does sound like there's something being activated in you Konstantin, as an indirect result of the iodine. Like the Cs said 'psycho-physiological' symptoms rather than just physical. It won't be the same for everyone of course, and I had no problems with my TSH, but then my test was 1 week after my initial experience. But your symptoms of anxiety/panic and a kind of emotional release are similar. Make sure you let us know how you progress. :hug2:

Yes, it all sounds so familiar, including the crying. I tell people that this process is kinda like going mad for a bit, that it's like the most horrible torture, and I don't think they quite understand. I think it's part of being "Stripped to the Bone".

Konstantin said:
I stopped it for almost one week. Salted water helps a lot. Vitamin C i take every afternoon. I have to order other suplements because i dont have them right now.

Another thing happened. Yesterday late afternoon when i came back from the doctors office, after all that panicking from mty familly i tried to explain to them that its nothing serious. I have to go little out , and i went to the gym to stretch a little. I have an enormous energy. Later that afternoon and until i went to bed i feel so calm, so wonderfull, I felt such a joy that i cant explain.I was smiling all the time. In the morning then not so well as i described in my previous post.

Goodness! What a reaction!

The thing I think it might be useful to observe was that you only took 1 drop of 5%, and then 5-7 days later, took another. Perhaps it was more? I wasn't 100% clear, but compared to what others have ingested, it sounds like a very small amount indeed. -And all of these reactions came tumbling out of you.

I also find it noteworthy that Gaby and Alana have pointed out that your TSH level doesn't necessarily indicate very much of significance in terms of indicating hyperthyroidism.

So perhaps you were teetering on the edge of a major shift (in assemblage point?) already.

I hope that you take care of yourself and be self-forgiving of your own process as you ride things out. :)

Hang in there!

Laura said:
Joe said:
Konstantin said:

Yes, it all sounds so familiar, including the crying. I tell people that this process is kinda like going mad for a bit, that it's like the most horrible torture, and I don't think they quite understand. I think it's part of being "Stripped to the Bone".

I hope you feel better Konstantin! It sounds like you very much needed those tears though. From reading your post, I somewhat felt the build up to your burst in tears.

Let us know how you're doing and take care of yourself!

Konstantin said:
I feel strong heartbeat, especially in the morning. Today i feel very big brain fog, Its very hard eve to write this or even to read something. I still feel mild tremmor in my upper body.My pain in the left side of the neck is almost gone but i feel something is going on with my thyroid from this morning. It start to hurt. A mild pain in the whole thyroid. I`m afraid that it can swell , and i`m actually panicking in the moment.

I'm no expert so fwiw - the brain fog was a symptom of mine at the beginning and it was so strong that like you say, reading or writing could be challenging, sometimes i'd go back to reread a post i wrote and i noticed how it effected my writing. For me though, this usually happened within minutes of taking the iodine, it'd linger for a few hours then it'd clear until i took it again the next day and then eventually this side effect subsided. As for the tremor - this sounds similar to the 'increased energy' that the iodine seems to have, for me it felt like my body was pulsing almost - but that's just my interpretation.

As for the emotions you're feeling Konstantin :hug: if Joe's anything to go by, it may just be highly beneficial. All the best luck resolving these issues :hug2:

Woodsman said:
I also find it noteworthy that Gaby and Alana have pointed out that your TSH level doesn't necessarily indicate very much of significance in terms of indicating hyperthyroidism.

That should be hypothyroidism, as THS stimulates thyroid when it is low. Just want to make sure there's no misunderstandings (besides getting the transporting mechanisms going for the iodine when there's finally enough in the system).

Take care, Konstantin. You're the second example of this kind of intense reaction. Others will be helped to go through it as you and Joe shared what you went through. :hug2:

It's crazy how different the experiences are. Even though Brownstein's book is concise and full of important information, it really didn't prepare us for how totally different people's reactions can be.

Just wanted to mention another thing I've noticed since beginning Lugol's is that there's this largely automatic process of quick prioritization whenever I'm multi-tasking and the like. It doesn't take any real conscious effort but just runs quickly through my mind and doesn't take up energy or time to come up with the best way to tackle things.

Laura said:
Joe said:
Konstantin said:

Konstatin, I have no adivce for you. Just want to give you a :hug: and to tell you to hang in there.

You say that you rarely show your emotions, which is suppressing emotions so it does seem like what Joe has/is going through.

Please keep us updated. Another :hug:

I've just been getting caught up with this thread this morning. -What an active collection of new information has accumulated over just the last few days!

My own update is as follows...

3 drops 5% most days of the week, with salt and vit C in appropriate time slots. Sometimes I'll skip a day when I feel the balance is off.

I work several nights each week, from dusk 'till dawn, so my hours tend to be back to front some days. This complicates things somewhat. After a rocky first few months with this schedule, I'd finally managed to get my waking/sleeping systems into a nice, stable rhythm over the last couple of years where the night shifts stopped having a particularly hard effect on my system, but with the introduction of iodine, recent holiday schedules and my stopping smoking.., things have been feeling somewhat chaotic. A lot of emotions and awarenesses have opened up.

I feel a tad jittery and insane. Like I've had too much coffee. -Reading things takes more forced focus because my mind is jumping all over the place.

I've been feeling like the world is full of light and wonder! I see the darkness and bad-craziness of the world, but also much positive possibility. My brain fog has almost entirely vanished (yay!!!!), and I've not had any of what I might describe as "depression", -though definitely episodes of heightened emotional reactions. -Anger and frustrations, and intense feelings of shame when those emotions lead to over-reactions in public ways. -Much of it out of balance with reality. (For instance, I might post a news item on Facebook, and then think later that it might arguably not be the most perfectly critically informed source, and then feel like I was being horribly irresponsible in posting it and spend days filled with feelings of shame and self-recrimination.)

-All mixed in with various other highs and lows far outside my old normative spectrum.

~~~~~~~

Has anybody else experienced something like this:

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been compulsively cleaning my apartment.

I chanced to put on my glasses, (I'm short sighted), which I just don't normally do when I'm at home; I don't need them around my living space because I'm very familiar with all the objects surrounding me even if they happen to be fuzzy. I just find glasses irritating and all the things I need to read and look at closely are in sharp focus when in hand. Anyway, I put them on for some reason and when I looked around my apartment, I was stunned by the cobwebs and dust I'd never noticed before. So much of it! It was like an Indiana Jones film in some corners!

So I started cleaning. Then deep cleaning in cracks and crevices. Vacuuming and wiping. In the kitchen and washroom, pulling up gunk I'd never noticed before. I cleaned my bathtub, and went through my fridge and tossed out a bunch of old jars and gross things. It was interesting that my home had felt perfectly normal and workable before I started any of this, when the gunk was still there, -and that everything felt gross and disgusting while wiping and rinsing and bringing all that crud to the surface, -but when finally clean, the whole place takes on a new and wholesome feel which matches how I feel internally.

It struck me that this was perhaps a metaphor for what was going on with Iodine de-toxing. -And this recognition leaped out at me in particular when reading in the most recent C's transcript:
"A: When the house energy changes it pulls all with it."

~~~~~~~~~~

I've also been experiencing an increased number of little psychic events. -There have always been daily little reminders that the Universe is far more than it appears, but lately they've been sparking more brightly than ever. -Like.., waking up and crying to the ceiling, "I've nothing good to read! I wish somebody would recommend a book!" And within hours having multiple incidents throughout the morning of random people walking up totally unprompted to extol the virtues of one book or another. Less than 24 hours later, I have 5-book reading list.

-Just the other day, I was walking along a busy road and suddenly felt the absolute need to stop and turn, filled with a sense of almost religious joy as the sky was blue and warm, reality shimmering. I raised up my arms and just stood there blinking, trying to take it all in, and at that exact moment a car with a friend waving from the wheel drove up. -He invited me in and so I abandoned my original plans, and we began the most amazing series of remarkable and totally unexpected creative adventures throughout the day. One thing led to another, easily and naturally, and by that evening, I found myself in a professional recording studio with a bunch of musicians with a video camera in hand shooting scenes for their first video. (?!?)

That's just one example.

Life has been waking up in wonderful ways lately. The madness is there, to be certain. I feel sharp in mind, but that roller coaster of emotions and awareness has been bouncy, bouncy, bouncy.

~~~~~~~~

This one is interesting. Skin health.

I have dry skin on my face, beneath and above my eyes. It crept into being over the last six months, and I thought maybe it was related to smoking. (I'd been smoking cigars, as getting organic tobacco in my region has become increasingly challenging. -It's now illegal to import non-corporate, organic tobacco, even across provincial borders in the same country. Lame! So I thought cigars might be at least better than the regular corporate crap, but I'm sure there was some toxic stuff in them which affected my body and complexion.) While my skin tone has improved since quitting, the dryness on my face hasn't gone away. I thought it might improve with the iodine, but no.

However... one interesting thing has happened.

I had a spot of dry skin right where my supposed "Third Eye" would be. A little round spot of flaking skin smack in the middle of my forehead. It has been there for months. Well, that has diminished to almost nothing as the happy-madness has increased. Cool. I am tempted to think that something related to third eye energy is activating or un-blocking or what have you.

~~~~~

Okay. That's all I have to report for now!

Have a great day, everybody, and thanks for sharing!

Konstantin said:
And i cried for about 10 minutes and then it stopped. And its coming in waves, like a press of a button, without any warning.[/b]

I would just allow this process to be. Feeling confused is also allowed ;) Keep networking here to gain some perspective. You are doing very good. :hug2:

I agree, you don't have hypothyroidism symptoms. That means that taking the prescribed drugs will only create an imbalance. The drugs will only give you hyperthyroidism symptoms. Do you really have to go to that doctor in one month? I would find another. He seems to be too indoctrinated in Big Pharma. From my experience, I know that the average doctor will not give thyroid medication from TSH levels alone. That is just too myopic even for mainstream people!

I'm just glad you have the network and that Joe was the "pioneer" in abrupt psycho-physiological changes as a reference point :D Hang on, Konstantin. It will ease up. If you have vitamin C, you can drink that throughout the day and it will help you with the changes.

SeekinTruth said:
Just wanted to mention another thing I've noticed since beginning Lugol's is that there's this largely automatic process of quick prioritization whenever I'm multi-tasking and the like. It doesn't take any real conscious effort but just runs quickly through my mind and doesn't take up energy or time to come up with the best way to tackle things.

I've experienced this in brief bursts for a long time. "Hey genius, where have you been? Hey where are you going?". It caused me a lot of problems because I didn't realize that it was not something I could not control. I always blamed myself, figuring I was just not excited enough or too lazy or not paying enough attention. Then it would happen again and I would take on an enormous number of things that I never had the energy to finish. But when this energy is there, there is hardly any anxiety because you're already working on something before you have time to get anxious about it, and you know you can do it, and if not you have a backup plan.

Woodsman said:

Makes perfect sense to me. I often feel the need to clean when I have clarity. Otherwise a few cobwebs or piled boxes are the least of my worries.

I chanced to put on my glasses, (I'm short sighted), which I just don't normally do when I'm at home;

Same here, but it's just bad enough I have trouble without them, so I don't take them off. To an extent it's not normally possible for me to ignore the feeling of the glasses on my face. The feeling is always there in the back of my head and contributes to the pile of things I try to ignore but add to my stress level. And this is also something that can completely go away on a good day.

So I started cleaning. Then deep cleaning in cracks and crevices. Vacuuming and wiping. In the kitchen and washroom, pulling up gunk I'd never noticed before. I cleaned my bathtub, and went through my fridge and tossed out a bunch of old jars and gross things. It was interesting that my home had felt perfectly normal and workable before I started any of this, when the gunk was still there, -and that everything felt gross and disgusting while wiping and rinsing and bringing all that crud to the surface, -but when finally clean, the whole place takes on a new and wholesome feel which matches how I feel internally.

I think at some point everyone dreams of having a clean, homely living space. But when one can't match that feeling inside, no amount of coziness can compensate.

Konstantin said:

Just wanted to say that I have had this too. The more iodine the more intense and more quickly the waves come. It can take a week or two to ware off, so sending more hugs to let you know you're doing fine :hug2:

Woodsman said:

I chanced to put on my glasses, (I'm short sighted), which I just don't normally do when I'm at home; I don't need them around my living space because I'm very familiar with all the objects surrounding me even if they happen to be fuzzy. I just find glasses irritating and all the things I need to read and look at closely are in sharp focus when in hand. Anyway, I put them on for some reason and when I looked around my apartment, I was stunned by the cobwebs and dust I'd never noticed before. So much of it! It was like an Indiana Jones film in some corners!

I've also been doing this, although for me it's more of a slow buildup since Christmas.
Given I'm only on 1 drop of lugols that may explain why - more than this was to much in one go.
Things are starting to shift more dramatically now - I'll clean for 30mins to an hour after work and be totally surprised with what I've managed to do.

woodsman - Today at 13:12:59 said:
The thing I think it might be useful to observe was that you only took 1 drop of 5%, and then 5-7 days later, took another. Perhaps it was more? I wasn't 100% clear, but compared to what others have ingested, it sounds like a very small amount indeed. -And all of these reactions came tumbling out of you.

I took 1 drop of 5 % lugols, with salted water and all other cofactors, and the same protocol next day. So totaly 2 drops in 2 days of Lugols solution.

Before that , while i was waiting my Lugols to come i found an alcoholic iodine( Lugols) tincture in a unknown concentration. So once i took just 1 drop i a glass of water and few more times 2 drops in a glass of water.The day that i was taking lugols i also take all cofactors and salted water.
So it was just a small amount of iodine.

All symptoms started before i took the last iodine dose.

I was planing some bigger renovation of my apartment too as soon as the winter ends.

I feel a tad jittery and insane. Like I've had too much coffee. -Reading things takes more forced focus because my mind is jumping all over the place.

First 3 days i have the same feeling. Then i tried to hold the spoon and my hand shaked a lot and it was very upleasant experience.

Gaby - Today at 15:38:21 » said:
I agree, you don't have hypothyroidism symptoms. That means that taking the prescribed drugs will only create an imbalance. The drugs will only give you hyperthyroidism symptoms. Do you really have to go to that doctor in one month? I would find another. He seems to be too indoctrinated in Big Pharma. From my experience, I know that the average doctor will not give thyroid medication from TSH levels alone. That is just too myopic even for mainstream people!

I'm just glad you have the network and that Joe was the "pioneer" in abrupt psycho-physiological changes as a reference point :D Hang on, Konstantin. It will ease up. If you have vitamin C, you can drink that throughout the day and it will help you with the changes.

I`ll keep with Vit C and salted water. Unfortunately i cant find another doctor here where i live.And This was my neighbor earlier and i know him well. THey dont listen, I havent even told him that i was taking iodine. I can imagine his reaction if i told him that. Like Brownstein said IODOPHOBIA.

My schedule for next blood test is for February 22 . I`ll do it and then i can compare the results.

Some new symptoms developed. I feel some burning sensation in my thoat. The pain that i have is now completely gone but burning sensation developed. Its somewhere behind ot deep in the thyroid. I feels similar to sore throat but its more deep inside. And its changing from one to other side of the throat very fast. It started on the right side and now both sides are affected. Also my appetite is much bigger. I can still feel my heart beating harder. From today also some heaviness in the chest area( thymus area )

i`m still little worried if this Elevated TSH can make some damage to my thyroid since it will provoke the thyroid to produce more hormones but since i will not supplement with iodine until all this calm down.

Can that process damage the thyroid , or since there will be no more iodine available the TSH will calm down over time and also my weird symptoms.

I have a possible hypothesis for some of those symptoms:
_http://actualcures.com/weight-loss-diet-important-nutrients-potassium-magnesium.html
Miscellaneous Potassium Deficiency Symptoms

Light sources appearing much brighter than normal (dilated pupils), heart palpitation (heart pounding or racing, can also be caused by dehydration, vitamin A deficiency, calcium deficiency, magnesium deficiency, others), blurred vision, for some hands shake, bloated stomach, warmer than normal skin temperature. Potassium deficiency can also cause warm (or "burning") eye lids when eyes are closed, but this can also be causes by dry heated air, sun rays, obviously sunburn, and also niacin flush, sometimes even when a niacin flush doesn't occur when niacin was taken. Potassium deficiency also causes sweating while sleeping, a feeling as if a drop of hot water rolled down the side of your head, reddish complexion, face turns red when bending down, difficulty walking upright with ease (due to muscle weakness and/or severe muscle tension), and muscle loss - causes emaciated look even when not underweight.

The more general symptoms you have, such as fatigue, restlessness, listlessness, absentmindedness, and irritability, without symptoms that are more distinct (such as muscle burning) the harder it is to pin point potassium deficiency because so many nutritional deficiencies and low blood sugar cause these general symptoms.

You could get some potassium supplements to see if that helps. Taurine may also help.
If you can't get them easily you can eat salmon, mackerel and avocados as they are good sources of these.

*edit to add*
Potassium deficiency can cause dehydration, so make sure to drink some extra water when you take potassium.

Speaking of sore throat, I had that from this Sunday. I was taking Vitamin C, salt water and multivitamins but it wouldn't go away. So yesterday I decided to take 20 drops of wild garlic to see if it will help. I don't know if there is a direct correlation, but today my throat feels almost completely normal. So I will try this from now on - 5 days of iodine, followed with 2 days of wild garlic and other things to detox or kill the awakened critters.

Back
Top Bottom