Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Hello Guys...

well, this is my report on how I'm doing: :P

I had stopped the Iodine for a few weeks to give my body a rest after a serious side effects, which included falling of hair and rash on the body (both sides of my torso).

a few weeks ago i started again with the protocol with only one drop for the first week to see any side effects, nothing happened everything normal, then following week added a another drop (2 drops) for another week, no symptoms of any kind, I went like that up to 5 drops. that's when I started to feel sore muscles, and even after taking extra potassium did not subside the pain, I'm still feeling sore in my lower arms up to my elbow.
I have stopped the Iodine again.

so, my questions is would it better just to keep it up to two drops ONLY, that way I don't feel any kind of muscle pain?

any comments are welcome.... :) :)

@ Redfox and Gaby

RedFox said:
Sounds like a lot of detox going on. It's probably a good idea to drop your doses down to 1-2 drops a day, especially given all the symptoms you describe.

Yes 14 drops was way too much, I just wanted to make things go fast, now 3 drops 5 days a week seems ok.

Forgot to mention the important drying of the skin, especially on the face, I've always had oily skin, it's now ok with argan oil, without that I'd peel off.

Joe said:
That's a real roller coaster Paul! And very interesting as a testimony. On the subject of amalgams and getting them removed; I assume you are looking for a specific dentist that will remove the proper way, with awareness of toxicity of mercury. If so, I'm not surprised it is hard to find such a dentist, there aren't many in France.

An alternative is to go to a regular dentist and explain the situation and ask him/her to take extra care when removing, with particular attention to try to remove the amalgams manually with as little drilling as possible to avoid vapor. The point being that any pieces of amalgam that you swallow are not so bad because they will end up in the digestive system rather than the blood stream and then brain or cells, which is the case with the tiny particles from vapor.

To deal with the aftermath you could take several days of chlorella (or you could also try activated charcoal) to remove large particles from the digestive tract, and at the same time begin several cycles of DMSA to mop up the particles in the brain etc. that you have accumulated from the years of amalgams.

A roller coaster indeed, and it seems I cannot stop it nor detrain, especially the very low mood...

Thanks for the tips concerning the amalgams removal, let's hope the Universe give us enough time!

Gaby said:
Konstantin said:
So i guess my lipid status i due to the Elevated TSH.

I would not necessarily make that assumption. First, the thyroid tests showed very mild elevated TSH. T3 and T4 were normal. It doesn't look like you have hypothyroidism symptoms neither. As you quoted, it looks like TSH is elevated as a result of the symporter stimulation. The doctor made the same mistake that Brownstein warns us against. That is, doctors only look at TSH and make the assumption of hypothyroidism from that alone. Focusing on TSH alone while ignoring clinical symptoms and T3 and T4 is very myopic.

I agree. Actually the prescription for Levothyroxin had me going "What?" :scared: There are a few doctors I know that wouldn't prescribe that for your numbers. I wouldn't worry about your test results. My TSH was up to 12 even before I started using the iodine. It doesn't even qualify as hypothyroidism, let alone a need for medication prescription. An endocrinologist told me it can be called sub-clinical hypothyroidism, and I just have to test for it just to monitor what's going on every few years. That was over 10 years ago. Even a heart doctor I saw recently just made a note of it when he saw my test results and said that it is nothing to worry about. And same with your cholesterol results, what Gaby wrote. My husband has similar results and is very healthy in general, even though he has haemochromatosis and needs to donate blood 2-3 times a year.

I am sure that the doctors tell you what they learned to say, but as we know now, they are not very well educated.

zhenqing said:
Gaby said:
zhenqing said:
Another question: is it necessary to read the book?

It is highly recommended because it is actually a short reading and it synthesizes a lot of the info.

This article will help you to catch up as well:

http://www.sott.net/article/307684-Iodine-Suppressed-knowledge-that-can-change-your-life

You can also watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBM2qWKkFxE&list=RDZBM2qWKkFxE#t=0

The thread is big, but there are a lot of testimonials that are actually very interesting to read :)

Thank you for the links, Gaby. I'm going to read the article and watch the video.

I'll try to read the thread too (oh boy...), and I'll see if I can get the book somehow.

If you read the thread, you might avoid the mistakes - some of them rather painful - that others made who did not read the thread. Well, some of them realized they had BETTER read the thread, but only after suffering.

So, yeah, read the article, watch the video, get the Brownstein book, and realize that this thread is composed of a LOT of experiences, one of which might be the solution to YOUR problem... when and if it manifests. It's a lot easier to read the thread first, than to wait until you have done something silly and are suffering and have to read in that condition!

Xico said:
so, my questions is would it better just to keep it up to two drops ONLY, that way I don't feel any kind of muscle pain?

Sounds reasonable. Why would you want to persist with the same dose if your body is breaking on rashes and pain? Slowly but surely also does it ;)

How are you doing with the salted water and vitamin C? That is often a common mistake, we underestimate the need of good hydration and salted water.

Gaby said:
Xico said:

Sounds reasonable. Why would you want to persist with the same dose if your body is breaking on rashes and pain? Slowly but surely also does it ;)

How are you doing with the salted water and vitamin C? That is often a common mistake, we underestimate the need of good hydration and salted water.

thanks for your comments:

I drink my salted water every morning, and take my vita C late in the afternoon. and I drink plenty of water at work. :)
but like you mentioned slowly but surely it is from now on....

RedFox said:
One thing that did get worse afterwards (which had been building up slowly before I took the DMSA) was waking up with numbness in my hands, and neck pain. This is something I had a lot of as a teenager.
I also found I woke up with completely dead arms, no matter what way I slept. (It was something I had in the past but was exacerbated by the iodine) I found taking Glycine daily helped ease the symptoms.
There was a time when I was drinking soy milk daily (which is so bad it's like an anti-food) and my joints were clicking and popping and grinding horribly when I did exercise so if anyone is experiencing what Redfox mentioned you may want to look at diet as well.
http://www.sott.net/article/238998-The-Dangers-of-Soy-Are-Real-and-Much-Worse-Than-You-Might-Think

Laura said:
If you read the thread, you might avoid the mistakes - some of them rather painful - that others made who did not read the thread. Well, some of them realized they had BETTER read the thread, but only after suffering.

So, yeah, read the article, watch the video, get the Brownstein book, and realize that this thread is composed of a LOT of experiences, one of which might be the solution to YOUR problem... when and if it manifests. It's a lot easier to read the thread first, than to wait until you have done something silly and are suffering and have to read in that condition!

Thank you for replying, Laura. Yeah, you are right. I would want to avoid any messy situation, especially if I can prevent it.

I've already read the article and watched the video, and I'll start with the thread tomorrow morning when I'm rested. The most tricky part will be obtaining the book, because dollars or euros converted to Polish zlotys makes everything expensive, but maybe I'll figure something out.

sitting said:
Joe said:
Yeah, I haven't had lesions either, just little red bumps on lower legs mostly that are itchy, ...

Yes, the lower extremity is most troublesome for me as well. The darn thing is it feels SO GOOD while scratching. But at some point, it turns into a problem.

I find skin lotion -- mixed in with coconut oil helps. Sometimes I use a mixture of frankincense & coconut oil and that too seems to work.

BTW, I was utterly thrilled to hear the C's explanation of your recent travails. A small price to pay -- for a quantum leap in awareness. Full speed ahead, my good friend.

FWIW.
If you are interested in using essential oils I did a quick check and found a list of ones that are useful for itchy skin:
There are a number of available natural remedies for itchy skin but the most effective for the various causes of itchy skin are the use of Natural Oil Remedies which are effective for 3 of the primary causes of skin itchiness. The following are the 4 best natural oil remedies for itchy skin:

• Oil Therapy: Examples of oils used in oil therapy for skin itchiness are Almond Oil, Sesame Oil, and Olive Oil
• Essential Oils: Examples of Essential Oils effective for skin itchiness are Thyme oil, Rosemary Oil, Peppermint Oil, Nettle Oil, Neem Oil, Lavender Oil, Jewelweed Oil, Geranium Oil, Clove Oil, Chickweed Oil, Chamomile Oil, Calendula Oil, Bay Leaf Oil, Basil Oil, and Agrimony Oil
• Coconut Oil which is usually available at most health food stores and online
• Castor Oil which is conveniently available at natural supplements stores and online
http://castoroil.org/itchy-skin/
I know Lavender is very common so many people are more likely to have some if they don't have a good quality Frankincense.

lainey said:
sitting said:
Joe said:
Yeah, I haven't had lesions either, just little red bumps on lower legs mostly that are itchy, ...

Yes, the lower extremity is most troublesome for me as well. The darn thing is it feels SO GOOD while scratching. But at some point, it turns into a problem.

I find skin lotion -- mixed in with coconut oil helps. Sometimes I use a mixture of frankincense & coconut oil and that too seems to work.

If you are interested in using essential oils I did a quick check and found a list of ones that are useful for itchy skin:

Hi lainey,

Thank you so much for your findings.

Yes, essential oils are the true gifts of earth. And I have slowly begun my process of learning more about them. These itches are quite the impetus.

I will look more into castor oil too, as I have experience with them already -- as in castor oil with heat pads from the Cayce material.

Thanks again for your help.

Andre' said:
on my lugols iodine 15% bottle is written that 1 drop contains 7,6 mg of elemental iodine, so 7,6x15 drops= 114 mg, or i'm not calculating right?

Yes, but that's only the elemental iodine. You have to add the iodine from the potassium iodide, which will bring the total to roughly 19mg per drop. (18.75 is the usual official number.)

At any rate, you can clearly tolerate pretty high doses, so you can just go by how you're feeling.
If you have no detox symptoms and want to kill some critters, you can go higher, though there's probably no way of telling just how high you'd have to go.
If you experience any problems, back down or stop for a while.

I'm sure all of you have heard about Hoxsey's miracle cure for cancer? Well, I just wanted to check if iodine had anything to do with his treatment, and sure enough, potassium iodide was part of his cancer cocktail.

Here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoxsey_Therapy

Hoxsey herbal treatments include a topical paste of antimony, zinc and bloodroot, arsenic, sulfur, and talc for external treatments, and a liquid tonic of licorice, red clover, burdock root, Stillingia root, barberry, Cascara, prickly ash bark, buckthorn bark, and potassium iodide for internal consumption.[17]

In addition to the herbs, the Hoxsey treatment now also includes antiseptic douches and washes, laxative tablets, and nutritional supplements. A mixture of procaine hydrochloride and vitamins, along with liver and cactus, is prescribed. During treatment, patients are asked to avoid consumption of tomatoes, vinegar, pork, alcohol, salt, sugar, and white flour products.[7]

Thebull said:
RedFox said:
Thebull said:
I thought I'd post as I've really struggled over the last week. my feeling is I've actually started making a difference with the protocol but after reading other people's reactions I'm going real slow.
About a week ago I added the Chlorella to my routine but ive stayed on 2 drops of my 15% Lugols.
Last week on Tuesday or Wednesday it was like something flicked a switch in me that activated some of my little i's. It came more prevalent as the week went by and I started to disassociate and switch off been barely myself, though I still was working during this period, at home it was like I'd gone back in time 20 years and I'd just switched off completely.

On Saturday I was all over the place I can't explain how I felt internally as so much was going on. I don't know if the right words would be my pain body was activated. The symptoms were physical as well aching, extreme fatigue at times I could barely keep my eyes open. Felt the same up to Monday and I stopped taking the iodine but have continued with the rest of the protocol.

Tuesday the cold has started my nose was running uncontrollably by evening though I had started to feel slightly better Still with the runny nose. I would think this is a sign of detox taking effect once the cold clears il begin taking iodine again one drop a day.

Sure sounds like detox!
Given the symptoms you describe followed by getting a cold, it may be a heavy metal detox. Have you tried the DMSA or EDTA protocols?
You may want to move the vitamin C to around 4pm (6-7 hours after the lugols) as vitamin C cancels out the iodine.
Keep us posted :)
Thanks Redfox I haven't tried the DMSA or EDTA protocols and was hoping not to.

I've never really taken supplements before and I suppose I'm well out of my comfort zone with what I'm doing now. I'll look into it has I've had a runny nose really since I started taking the iodine its just been more severe over the last week.
I stopped taking the Lugols for 5 days though kept on with my usual routine of the salt water, Chlorella with just moving the vitaman c into the afternoon as suggested.

I have been full of mucous which is thick and my nose regularly runs and has to be cleared. I wasn't improving much so began the iodine protocol again just 2 drops on a morning. I have improved slightly and am still exercising with yoga and weights. The mind is now still and clear which is a relief but seem to be extremely tired on an evening which is not all down to my work.

I feel sure my symptoms are detox but I need to be more informed before I decide to start the DMSA protocol. I will continue with the iodine taking it very slowly. I do feel it is having a positive effect on me.

Gaby said:
Konstantin said:
So i guess my lipid status i due to the Elevated TSH.

I would not necessarily make that assumption. First, the thyroid tests showed very mild elevated TSH. T3 and T4 were normal. It doesn't look like you have hypothyroidism symptoms neither. As you quoted, it looks like TSH is elevated as a result of the symporter stimulation. The doctor made the same mistake that Brownstein warns us against. That is, doctors only look at TSH and make the assumption of hypothyroidism from that alone. Focusing on TSH alone while ignoring clinical symptoms and T3 and T4 is very myopic.

The high lipid profile could be related with an infection process you're fighting. A raise in triglycerides is a normal response to an infection. High cholesterol protects against infections. It is a defense mechanism. There is a summary about it here:

The benefits of high cholesterol
http://www.ravnskov.nu/2015/12/30/the-benefits-of-high-cholesterol/

Besides the pain in the neck, any clues about an infection from the cell blood count?

It is good to have feedback from blood tests and from a physician. But you have to keep things in perspective otherwise you'll end up believing the programmed lies from mainstream medicine.

I would repeat the cholesterol tests in 4-6 months. Obviously, taking statins is the worst possible idea. Cholesterol levels are hardly set on stone. They fluctuate according to several factors, one being infections.

Do you eat a certain amount of carbs per day?

Well i`m trying to not believe all that lies about cholesterol. I` know that i`m doing right thing and i`ll never take those prescribed statins, ever.
I`m worried about thyroid. To be honest i`m terrified :O

I found that passage in Dr Brownstein book on pages 83 and 84 where he is explaining the elevated TSH and i guess i`m in that situaton.
I dont know what to do next

I feel strong heartbeat, especially in the morning. Today i feel very big brain fog, Its very hard eve to write this or even to read something. I still feel mild tremmor in my upper body.My pain in the left side of the neck is almost gone but i feel something is going on with my thyroid from this morning. It start to hurt. A mild pain in the whole thyroid. I`m afraid that it can swell , and i`m actually panicking in the moment.

So i dont know what to do, Should i just leave all like that and with time all will settle down , should i take that medicine that doctor prescribed for the thyroid until things calm down , or should i continue with small doses of iodine until thyroid is saturated and then TSH wil come to normal again , as Dr Brownstein recommended.
I cant forget the pressure that i have from my family. From my wife and my mother. They insist me to take all that drugs. I can fight with that but i must to know and to decide what to do next.

I figired out like you have said that i stimulated the symporter stimulation. I have take just e tiny drop of iodine. So i guess i `m very sensitive to iodine.

My Blood sedimentation( blood cell count ) was calm, normal, Leukocytes we also normal, so the doctor said it ok and there is no other inflammation process or any infection.

I`m only worried about my thyroid. I cant even describe how i feel.

If i dont take anything , will it calm down , or should i suplement with something speciffic to easy the process ?

And now last 2 months i havent eat any carbs. Bone broth and omlet with a lot of butter and bacon in the morning, and some meat and bacon at 6 pm.
That is how my diet looked last 2 months. Before that i was eating just a smalll amounts of carbs. Maybe one apple or small orange a day. nothing more then that.

I have scheduled appointment at the same doctor for one months. Oh , and he said that i must take those statins, because such a big holesterol can damage my eyes, because its accumulating at the eyeballs or something like that.

Konstantin said:
So i dont know what to do, Should i just leave all like that and with time all will settle down , should i take that medicine that doctor prescribed for the thyroid until things calm down , or should i continue with small doses of iodine until thyroid is saturated and then TSH wil come to normal again , as Dr Brownstein recommended.
I cant forget the pressure that i have from my family. From my wife and my mother. They insist me to take all that drugs. I can fight with that but i must to know and to decide what to do next.

<snip>

I`m only worried about my thyroid. I cant even describe how i feel.

If i dont take anything , will it calm down , or should i suplement with something speciffic to easy the process ?

Sounds almost exactly like Joe's situation/reaction.

So, stop with the iodine. Take the salted water to help detox. Take the vitamin C in the afternoon for detox. Take spirulina or chlorella for detox. Some 5-htp (50 mg) 2 X a day can help. And just keep in mind that you may very well be suddenly transducing higher energies and it is manifesting this way in the physiology.

Back
Top Bottom