Iodine and Potassium Iodide

I am still at 1-2 drops of lugol (12%). Around Christmas I had very strange "cold" symptoms. A scratchy throat, much sneezing with resulted in a lot of phlegm. But the whole thing did not "feel" like a "normal cold" - cold or detox?

Since around new year I sometimes I feel a very deep sadness (but not depression, more like mourning). I only felt similar like this once in my live. And during that time I nearly lost a very good friend, who was fighting between live and death for months. During that time I also felt this very deep sadness similarly like I sometimes feel now. But there is no "visible outside reason" for this sadness right now. So where does this come from? Detox? "Stored emotions"? Past lives? Some message from my unconscious? Something else?

Gaby said:
RedFox said:
Sounds like a lot of detox going on. It's probably a good idea to drop your doses down to 1-2 drops a day, especially given all the symptoms you describe.

Yes and another option is to do the current doses on alternative days, or every 2 days.

I have found that I need higher doses, but that I cannot tolerate them every single day due to acne-like lesions and mood changes. I was doing iodine 6 drops twice per week and now I can tolerate the same amount on alternative days.

Hi Gaby, are your acne-like lesions similar to the itchy bromoderma/ioderma things mentioned previously?

Dirgni said:
So where does this come from? Detox? "Stored emotions"? Past lives? Some message from my unconscious? Something else?

All of the above perhaps! Releasing "stored emotions" would, I think, always have some psycho-physiological reflection. And it's likely that when such things occur, that some element of past lives is also involved. And I'd say that most people's unconscious tries to message them fairly regularly. In fact, "releasing stored emotions" could BE a message from the unconscious. The question is, do we listen and understand?

Helio Paul said:
I began today the DMSA because I still have a dozen of amalgams, maybe more, since several years after tens of telephone calls never found a dentist who wants to remove them, I've just found two who practice in Tunisia three times cheaper than in France, I could afford it now but time is the problem, it could be achieved in 10 days, no choice.

We would like to thank again, Laura, the research crew and of course all of those who shared here their experiment, without you we certainly didn't dare to follow this Path

That's a real roller coaster Paul! And very interesting as a testimony. On the subject of amalgams and getting them removed; I assume you are looking for a specific dentist that will remove the proper way, with awareness of toxicity of mercury. If so, I'm not surprised it is hard to find such a dentist, there aren't many in France.

An alternative is to go to a regular dentist and explain the situation and ask him/her to take extra care when removing, with particular attention to try to remove the amalgams manually with as little drilling as possible to avoid vapor. The point being that any pieces of amalgam that you swallow are not so bad because they will end up in the digestive system rather than the blood stream and then brain or cells, which is the case with the tiny particles from vapor.

To deal with the aftermath you could take several days of chlorella (or you could also try activated charcoal) to remove large particles from the digestive tract, and at the same time begin several cycles of DMSA to mop up the particles in the brain etc. that you have accumulated from the years of amalgams.

Joe said:
Hi Gaby, are your acne-like lesions similar to the itchy bromoderma/ioderma things mentioned previously?

I think it is. I have had itchy rashes on the front of my legs (tibia) and my cheeks, cherry angiomas popping up here and there, and normal acne too. Some lesions were acne-like. I haven't had any nodules though.

My skin feels smoother now and sweat seems to be less stinky too.

Joe said:
An alternative is to go to a regular dentist and explain the situation and ask him/her to take extra care when removing, with particular attention to try to remove the amalgams manually with as little drilling as possible to avoid vapor. The point being that any pieces of amalgam that you swallow are not so bad because they will end up in the digestive system rather than the blood stream and then brain or cells, which is the case with the tiny particles from vapor.

If I remember correctly, even Andrew Cutler (who is very strict about chelation and removing amalgams) says that this is a valid option. If no holistic dentist is available, a normal one would do, scheduling one amalgalm removal at a time and doing detox later.

The suction device dentists use should diminish the exposure to mercury vapors.

Gaby said:
Joe said:

I think it is. I have had itchy rashes on the front of my legs (tibia) and my cheeks, cherry angiomas popping up here and there, and normal acne too. Some lesions were acne-like. I haven't had any nodules though.

Ok, well it seems mine might be related to DMSA, since I'm not taking iodine right now.

Dirgni said:
So where does this come from? Detox? "Stored emotions"? Past lives? Some message from my unconscious? Something else?

Hi Dirgni,

Rather than the unconscious, I think the messages are coming from your subconscious sphere.

This is no small difference. I would even say it makes a world of difference. In the most recent session, the C's were quite specific (to Joe) about where his messages came from.

A: Your own subconscious sends messages to yourself. It can take many forms, ...

Now how exactly this translates into possible solutions for your health is another lengthy topic. But I do think it's important to correct this basic misunderstanding.

FWIW.

Joe said:

Hi Joe,

For the past two and a half weeks, I've been itching all over like I've never experienced before. I initially chalked it up to air dryness, but am now convinced it's something more. Very hard not to scratch -- even though I know this makes it worse.

But thankfully no lesions though.

FWIW.

sitting said:
Joe said:

Hi Joe,

For the past two and a half weeks, I've been itching all over like I've never experienced before. I initially chalked it up to air dryness, but am now convinced it's something more. Very hard not to scratch -- even though I know this makes it worse.

But thankfully no lesions though.

FWIW.

Yeah, I haven't had lesions either, just little red bumps on lower legs mostly that are itchy, so I itch and that kind of breaks the skin. Other than that, they're not too bothersome. I figure it's a basic detox reaction, either from DMSA or from other detox supplements I've been taking. I take regular mud baths, (a normal bath with Montmorillonite or Bentonite clay in it). It's pretty good for calming skin and helping gently draw things out that might be subcutaneously hanging around.

Joe said:
Yeah, I haven't had lesions either, just little red bumps on lower legs mostly that are itchy, ...

Yes, the lower extremity is most troublesome for me as well. The darn thing is it feels SO GOOD while scratching. But at some point, it turns into a problem.

I find skin lotion -- mixed in with coconut oil helps. Sometimes I use a mixture of frankincense & coconut oil and that too seems to work.

BTW, I was utterly thrilled to hear the C's explanation of your recent travails. A small price to pay -- for a quantum leap in awareness. Full speed ahead, my good friend.

FWIW.

RedFox]I was also getting dry flakey skin on my hands that I attributed to the cold weather - this cleared up within a few hours of restarting the MTHFR protocol.[/quote] Now that you mentioned this said:
Now today, as advised here, teaspoon of salt in warm water as soon as get up, one hour later Lugol after breakfast, with the co-factors (Selenium, Niacin, Niacinamide, B complex, ALA, NAC, L-Tyrosine etc) 5 days a week, stop 2 days.
Minerals before bed, Glycine with tea 3 times and VitC in the afternoon, salt again in the evening.

Salt is like a torture I must say, the mere thought of it makes me feel nauseous, so I don't mix with water anymore, just the teaspoon of dry salt straight in the mouth then 2 glasses of warm water.. ugh..

You are not supposed to take a teaspoon of salt. Half of it would be enough. I also don't like too much salt so I only take 1/3 and it tastes great.

Another update with my experience: On my sixth day of taking 2 drops I got several symptoms and had to stop with iodine. Some of them were usual (headache, dizziness, fast heartbeat) and some were new (strong pain in my back that had no obvious reason for it, and pain in my throat like when I have a flu but I don't have any other flu symptoms). Yesterday and today I feel better but I still have pain in my throat.

So now I'm again taking a little break from the protocol. It seems that 2 drops for 5 days is my maximum for now.

I started my iodine detox at the beginning of december and experienced some depression for about 4/5 days. Then I got a rush of energy, clarity, will power, and just felt a better connection with my body and emotions. I've slowly increased the iodine from 2 drops a day (5%) to 8, 4 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon, but felt no other detox effects so i started dropping the dose. Now i'm taking 4 drops and I feel great and have a very clear head, I can even take 4 drops without vitamin C a couple hours after and I receive no adverse effects. I'm anxious to start my parasite killing protocol but will wait the 6 months to a year to make sure this protocol is fully complete. I'm wondering if i should go down to 2 drops or just continue with 4 since it seems to be working wonderfully. I will also try going off it for a couple days and start again to check and see what occurs.

Helio Paul said:
Salt is like a torture I must say, the mere thought of it makes me feel nauseous, so I don't mix with water anymore, just the teaspoon of dry salt straight in the mouth then 2 glasses of warm water.. ugh..

Hi Helio Paul,

I agree with others that you are having a pretty bad detox reaction. I can't find the source anymore, but I remember reading that salt water is a simple isotonic solution and is different than just ingesting a lot of salt. If I can find the source again, I'll post it here. Given your detox reaction, I thought I'd mention it.

Dr. Shevin, one of the doctors mentioned in Mary Jo Fahey's book "Iodine Remedies", writes on his website that you can do both, salt or salt water, so it may not matter that much. If you can tolerate the salt-loading protocol, I'd give it a shot and see if it helps. Dr. Shevin's salt loading is below. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Salt load procedure: If, while taking Iodine, we suspect bromine toxicity
(bad taste in mouth, acne-like eruptions, fatigue, irritability, difficulty
concentrating or with memory, emotional instability, or depression),
follow the following procedure (“salt load”):

1. Drink ¼ tsp of unrefined sea salt in about ½ cup
of warm water, or simply place it on your tongue, and chase it with
16 ounces of water.

2. Repeat this in 30-45 minutes, and then once again, in order to
start urinating a good amount. The chloride in the salt flushes the
bromine into the urine, and if this relieves the symptoms, then we
are most probably dealing with bromine toxicity.

3. If I have you do this for more than one day, you do the 3 repetitions,
as in 1. and 2. above, each day.

4. Report the results to me. I may adjust the iodine dose.

Joe said:
Gaby said:
Joe said:

Ok, well it seems mine might be related to DMSA, since I'm not taking iodine right now.
I, too, am not taking iodine, just the DMSA protocol and am experiencing itchy shoulder blades with rashes/acne like lesions.

Back
Top Bottom