Iodine and Potassium Iodide

For about 10 days on light detox protocol with Chlorela,Cilantro and ALA. No detox reactions noticed. I feel good.
Yesterday i made another experiment with melatonin. 2-3 weeks ago when i took 1.5mg melatonin i noticed pain in my thyroid.
YEsterday evening i decided to try it again the same dosage of 1.5 mg. And again the same situation, just not so severe as the last time. Before iodine i dont have any problems with melatonine with the doses up to 6 mg.
This morning after a restless sleep with melatonine i have a light pain in my thyroid again.
I tried to search and find if there is any connection between these 2 things , and i found this:

_http://www.naturalendocrinesolutions.com/articles/melatonin-thyroid-health/ said:
Melatonin and Thyroid Health

So how does melatonin relate to thyroid health? As I mentioned earlier, melatonin is secreted by the pineal gland, and this also is a source of thytrophin-releasing hormone (TRH), which in turn causes the body to release TSH, which signals for the secretion of thyroid hormone. But melatonin may also have a direct effect on thyroid hormone production by stimulating TSH (11). One study involving perimenopausal and menopausal women showed that taking 3mg of melatonin for three to six months can increase the levels of thyroid hormone (12). So although most cases of hypothyroidism are caused by Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, one also should consider the impact that melatonin has on thyroid health.

Because melatonin might increase thyroid hormone production, people with hyperthyroidism and Graves’ Disease might wonder whether they should avoid supplementing with melatonin. If someone with a hyperthyroid condition has a deficiency in melatonin, then taking a melatonin supplement probably won’t cause any problems. On the other hand, if someone doesn’t have a melatonin deficiency but chooses to take melatonin supplements then it might increase the hyperthyroid symptoms. Just remember what I said earlier about wanting to address the cause of the melatonin deficiency, as even if someone has a hypothyroid condition they don’t want to rely on melatonin supplements for a prolonged period of time.

So i guess that melatonine is also activating the iodine symporter system mechanism and maybe its not a good idea to take melatonine in the same time while someone is supplementing with iodine, because it can overstimulate the TSH. Well it was probably the case in my situation.

Around February 24 I started getting sore, stiff neck muscles and racing thoughts after having taken a total of 78 drops of %10 Lugol's solution since January 18 (37 days). It goes away when I stop taking iodine, and it helps to take the cofactors. Maybe this is heavy metal detox?

monotonic said:
Around February 24 I started getting sore, stiff neck muscles and racing thoughts after having taken a total of 78 drops of %10 Lugol's solution since January 18 (37 days). It goes away when I stop taking iodine, and it helps to take the cofactors. Maybe this is heavy metal detox?

Could be, or other detox, although I think the racing thoughts are more likely to be an effect of the iodine on the endocrine system, causing an over (or under) production of certain hormones/brain chemicals. You were taking 2 drops per day. Have you tried one, or one every few days? Or maybe get yourself a bottle of 2% and go with one drop of that per day/every few days.

I've been fairly consistent with taking a 10% solution since November, and wanted to report some observations. Still working my way through the thread, though I did read Brownstein's book some time ago, so feel free to point out anything that I might be missing.

To start, I've had amalgam fillings since since elementary school, so I'm fairly certain that I've got a pretty heavy mercury load. I'm making an appointment this week with a local dentist to see about getting them removed and replaced. As well as taking care of my severely receding gumline around my lower canines, which I've been avoiding doing anything about for some time. I'm a fairly aggressive brusher and have had a teeth grinding habit at night for as long as I can remember. Which I'm sure contributed to the gumline receding and the teeth grinding has likely added even more mercury to my system over the years.

As for my observations with the iodine, the first few weeks I was taking a fairly high dose (close to 100 mg if I remember right) and didn't notice very many symptoms. Then I noticed that I was becoming very tired and it seemed like everything took super-efforts, so I cut back to only 3 drops of the 10% solution. Around the time that the tiredness started I also noticed that shortly after taking the iodine I was feeling panicky and anxious. So I cut back again to only 1 or 2 drops per day 5-6 days per week, and that was the dose I stayed at until a few weeks ago.

For the past month and some change I've been taking 1 drop (sometimes 2) of the 10% solution maybe 4 days a week. I don't feel nearly as tired as when I was taking more, but there's still a 'chronic fatigue' feeling going on much of the time. Even on days that I'm not taking it. Perhaps it's a combination of things including stress, possible adrenal fatigue, detoxing, etc. I've started taking chlorella and a cilantro tincture every day, and that seems to be helping. I've also made sure to take a 1/4 teaspoon of salt several times per day every day since starting the iodine, which seems to calm the anxious feelings to a small degree. I've been less diligent in taking the recommended supplements along with the iodine, but I sometimes feel more tired when I take them than when I don't. Especially the Vitamin C.

I've not noticed anything particular as far as mental benefits goes, but with some of the recent insights I've had and emotional releases in therapy I've gone through I wonder if it's in part because of the iodine. Not sure, but thought I would share my experiences so far.

A Jay said:
For the past month and some change I've been taking 1 drop (sometimes 2) of the 10% solution maybe 4 days a week.

I would do one drop on alternative days and continue with the detox and emotional processing. It might be more physiological, allowing time to detox before continuing with the next dose.

Small update and a question: After 1 week off iodine, I re-started at 1 drop, then had either 1 or 2 drops per day, along with a couple of days DMSA (the low dose Gaby recommended) and 2 capsulses EDTA on Friday. Now I've developed swollen lymph glands under both my armpits, which are hurting, and have stopped iodine again and am only taking co-factors. Is it recommendable to treat those swollen areas with a diluted iodine solution on the skin?

Aiming said:
Small update and a question: After 1 week off iodine, I re-started at 1 drop, then had either 1 or 2 drops per day, along with a couple of days DMSA (the low dose Gaby recommended) and 2 capsulses EDTA on Friday. Now I've developed swollen lymph glands under both my armpits, which are hurting, and have stopped iodine again and am only taking co-factors. Is it recommendable to treat those swollen areas with a diluted iodine solution on the skin?

I would try that, yes. When it gets better, perhaps iodine should be re-introduced on alternative days to allow time for detox before the next dose.

Hope you feel better!

Gaby said:
I would try that, yes. When it gets better, perhaps iodine should be re-introduced on alternative days to allow time for detox before the next dose.

Hope you feel better!

Thanks, Gaby! :)

Gaby said:
A Jay said:
For the past month and some change I've been taking 1 drop (sometimes 2) of the 10% solution maybe 4 days a week.

I would do one drop on alternative days and continue with the detox and emotional processing. It might be more physiological, allowing time to detox before continuing with the next dose.

Thanks Gaby!

A Jay said:
To start, I've had amalgam fillings since since elementary school, so I'm fairly certain that I've got a pretty heavy mercury load. I'm making an appointment this week with a local dentist to see about getting them removed and replaced. As well as taking care of my severely receding gumline around my lower canines, which I've been avoiding doing anything about for some time. I'm a fairly aggressive brusher and have had a teeth grinding habit at night for as long as I can remember. Which I'm sure contributed to the gumline receding and the teeth grinding has likely added even more mercury to my system over the years.

My experience of receding gums is that it is diet related, particularly carbs. Also, don't brush do hard! Once you've had the amalgams removed you can start with rounds of DMSA. I reckon you'll notice a general improvement after 6 cycles or so.

The transcript for the H&W iodine interview with Lynne Farrow is now posted on Sott. :headbanger:

http://www.sott.net/article/313795-Health-Wellness-Show-The-Iodine-Crisis-Interview-with-Lynne-Farrow

Odyssey said:
The transcript for the H&W iodine interview with Lynne Farrow is now posted on Sott. :headbanger:

http://www.sott.net/article/313795-Health-Wellness-Show-The-Iodine-Crisis-Interview-with-Lynne-Farrow

Excellent! :thup:

Hi, we started to listen to the show about Iodine, excellent! I really want to say a big, huge THANK YOU to all of you that give so good information, insights, give yourselves to make us grow, to help us cure our-selves, take responsibility for our-selves, to give us keys to mature, become adults, in good health. It is an honour to know you. I am so grateful. Words evidently can not express this feeling I have inside and that is love for you.

From many weeks I had pain in my left thumb, more in a the beginning of my thumb, in the little bone of the beginning of the thumb. This week I put iodine on it, and the pain disappeared after 2 days. Today was the day of the iodine drop, I felt so energised and also very sensitive. I saw a man on the street, from my balcony, that was walking with a lot of difficulty, maybe he had MS or have had an accident, he was not very old, but I saw in his body language how hard it was for him to walk. And I felt his solitude and also the solitude of all the people who deal with illness or pain. I felt so sad that I started to cry. Iodine. Usually I feel compassion for others when I see their lives just looking at them, I feel their story but crying I think it is iodine. I thank iodine for this, it give openness in us. Oh, it opens also hallways that are difficult to go inside because they are obscure and a little scary because we are in these corridors and we are afraid to meet us face to face. But iodine helps, it is like a force, a strength. Fascinating!

Thank you!

I'd just like to give a quick update on how I am doing with the protocol. I'm on round 4 of my DMSA cycles and whilst not on the DMSA I'm taking 3/4 drops of 12% lugols per day which suits me fine.
Every week that passes I seem to be gaining more and more balance in my life. My will power is improving rapidly, I'm achieving all the things that I set out to do and my overall feeling of wellbeing is at an all time high. There was a void in my life that I was trying to fill and that space is getting smaller and smaller as I become more and more balanced an aligned with what's inside me. Can't thank you all enough for all the insights and research you have all done on this. Onwards and upwards :)

Back
Top Bottom