Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Z said:
Thanks Joe. How many days you recommend taking iodine before kicking in DMSA.
I am planning to restart Iodine with relatively small dose of 5mg/day as son as my phlegmy cold clears.

When you say remineralize what do you actually think? I am taking Himalayan salt and Boron 9mg - every day even when not taking iodine. And also Magnesium before sleep. When I am taking iodine I am also taking Selenium 200mcg/day.

Well it's hard to say how long you should take iodine. The way we've been doing it is take iodine for a while, if you notice some significant detox symptoms that may be related to heavy metals then stop the iodine and start the DMSA. You can either do several rounds of DMSA without taking iodine in between, or take the iodine in between. As you can imagine, it's a pretty person-specific treatment.

Remineralizing could be done with a daily dose of multi-minerals and add in some fish/krill oil and Vit E. Fish oil can be taken every day no matter what you're doing, same for Vit E.

Vit C/ascorbic acid should be supplemented while you're taking the DMSA to help with detox. You could also throw in a bit of spirulina/chlorella now and again in case you need help cleaning out the gut.

Depending on what, if any, reactions you have to the DMSA, you can add in some ALA (R-ALA is better) which apparently helps the DMSA to "cross the blood-brain barrier" and work on anything in the brain. General advice though is to do a few rounds of DMSA first before adding in ALA so as not to overload the system.

In the end, as I said, it's really an experimental process for each person. No one size fits all unfortunately! :D

Siberia said:
So I've started strictly dozing my intake of information: I can't read some news anymore, only the headlines. When I see some news like such-and-such headchoppers have chopped some more heads somewhere, I just don't want to know the details, because if I go there and read it, this may end up with some weeping catharsis, and I'm simply not ready for any such at the moment. :cry:

I can relate to the above, because even if I decided to stay on the super low dosage of only one drop of 2% Lugol, and even if the physical symptoms are manageable (The only hiccup I had when didn't sleep much or well for couple of days and then couldn't wake up in time to go to an exam, because either didn't hear the alarm clock or it didn't ring for some reason. Luckily still arrived there in time.), but there are still some gradual changes in the background.

As you mentioned, I also avoid reading some news like fire, especially after reading couple of them and ending up having weeping catharsis and posting long posts on FB, but later deleting them, because in the end that's what it was - a very strong reaction to an event that is rather "mundane" in our crazy and pathological world.

Can't say that I've been feeling depressed, though. Maybe it's because I have a lot of things that have to take care of at the moment, but there are definitely some things coming to the surface that are undeniable, and at the moment my approach is to try and practice the stoic way of learning to live with them, while having hope that at some point with effort and work some things can gradually change.

Sure, sometimes there are feelings of loneliness and isolation, too. In this sense I take great comfort that despite the illusion I am not really alone and feel grateful belonging to this community. In fact, I am rather lucky, and think that many other people have to deal with real hardships and problems. So big hug to you all, who go through inner or outer struggles. :hug2:

Laura said:
Siberia said:
Mandatory Intellectomy said:
So do you guys have any guesses which of the 3 is the most likely, or possibly some other ideas?

The only guess that I have, MI, is that perhaps you've been practicing some physical exercise all these years, which helped you to release toxins more efficiently than others? Have you been practicing any kind of sports?

Or another guess along the same lines: perhaps you often work physically outdoors?

fwiw

My guess is that your natural ability to detox on an ongoing basis must be superior.

I was actually thinking along different lines: malabsorption. When the gut is in an overly compromised state, people can be taking supplements up the wazoo and getting no effect because they're not absorbing them. I don't know if this applies to you, MI, but it might be worth while to go on a serious gut-healing protocol to make sure you're in the right shape to be absorbing what you're ingesting.

Another possibility: watch out for binders/chelators in the diet. I'm not sure what that might be in terms of iodine, but there's always the possibility of a hidden plant defense substance being in the diet that binds to the iodine interfering with absorption.

I could be way off here, but these are just some things that came to mind.

Well, that would be pretty cool, and there do seem to be quite a few oddities about my metabolism, but if there's nothing much to detox, and presumably the high iodine doses would have killed critters, then that leaves me (never mind the doctors) with no clue about what's causing the headaches and other pains.

I'll keep experimenting with various stuff now, but somewhere down the line I'll have to have the blood work done and hopefully get some useful answers.

Have you ever tried chiropractic for your headaches?

dugdeep said:
I was actually thinking along different lines: malabsorption. When the gut is in an overly compromised state, people can be taking supplements up the wazoo and getting no effect because they're not absorbing them. I don't know if this applies to you, MI, but it might be worth while to go on a serious gut-healing protocol to make sure you're in the right shape to be absorbing what you're ingesting.

Another possibility: watch out for binders/chelators in the diet. I'm not sure what that might be in terms of iodine, but there's always the possibility of a hidden plant defense substance being in the diet that binds to the iodine interfering with absorption.

I could be way off here, but these are just some things that came to mind.
The skin test showed a huge difference between when I did it before I started the iodine protocol and a month later. The stains on the skin now last 2-4 days, depending on where they are (compared to 10 hours before). So I think the body is absorbing the iodine. Also I don't really eat any plants at all. Mostly just meat, eggs, lard.
Still, I do feel like the gut isn't completely healthy. It's been bad for most of my life, so I should probably look into that some more anyway.

Laura said:
Nope. I don't really know anything about that. I've tried so many things for the headaches without success that I kind of lost any hope that any "doctor" could help with that. And "alternative" doctors/healers always seemed to me like a hit and miss, so I didn't feel like spending money (which I never had much of) on such "experiments". Then again, I do have money now, and I might as well spend it on something while it still has some value, but I have no idea how to find the "right" person who might be able to help.

I had increased my daily dose to 50 mg and then last Thursday I realized I has contracted the nasty flu bug going around. In the past my bell weathers were increased ache in the right side of my face (had 2 root canals removed last fall) and immediate sore throat turning into lung infection within 24 hours. I had neither of these, just fever. So I upped the dose to 100 mg for three days, took Thursday off from work and slept a lot. I completely stopped the bug dead in its tracks. A couple of people were in bed for a week with it. This is amazing! I have not had any real negative effects.

I've had a few days of light depression since starting the iodine, but nothing compared to years of struggling with untreated chronic complex PTSD, severe dissociation and missing time. I am finding it is so much easier to not dissociate, which is a positive thing for me. It's kind of ironic that some peeps are noticing being unable to dissociate and thank you for talking about it. I feel my will strengthening to the point where even with the insanity and depressing horrors everywhere, I have finally tapped into some sweetness in the fact of my existence. I no longer feel that all of my energy is expended dragging myself back from the horrors of the past. I have moments of being able to touch the knowledge inside me that I am here and have the right to be attending this horror show called 3D earth, strange as that may sound. I carry on with daily tasks and am more cognizant of choices I could not see before. At the same time feel an awareness of the pointlessness of the overall horror show. At the same time my resolve deepens each day to not look away, to learn. So I suppose I'm feeling paradoxical and accepting the paradox. Hope this makes sense.

Laura said:
Nope. I don't really know anything about that. I've tried so many things for the headaches without success that I kind of lost any hope that any "doctor" could help with that. And "alternative" doctors/healers always seemed to me like a hit and miss, so I didn't feel like spending money (which I never had much of) on such "experiments". Then again, I do have money now, and I might as well spend it on something while it still has some value, but I have no idea how to find the "right" person who might be able to help.

Well, in my experience, there's nothing like good chiropractic treatment/care. Ask around and see if you know anybody who has a good chiropractor. Otherwise, look online for any reviews. A good chiropractor will not tell you that "one shot will fix it" since it usually takes a series of treatments, like five or so, and then periodic upkeep.

After breaking my backside 16 months ago, my back/neck was a mess from months of sitting in an awkward position to accommodate the pain. My gal gave me a series of about 6 treatments, one every ten days or so, and now I only need to go if something goes kaflooey. It really put things back in place.

Years ago I had tennis elbow and headaches and it took about 8 treatments to get that sorted, though the first one did relieve the elbow thing almost completely.

Intermittant massage therapy is also useful. Not just a "feely good" massage, but a good therapist who knows different modalities and maybe can come to your home for the treatment.

Bluefyre said:
I carry on with daily tasks and am more cognizant of choices I could not see before. At the same time feel an awareness of the pointlessness of the overall horror show. At the same time my resolve deepens each day to not look away, to learn. So I suppose I'm feeling paradoxical and accepting the paradox.

I really like your expression above. Touches upon an eternal truth I think.

"All there is is lessons."

The paradox for us, is that it isn't really real. It's illusory -- said the C's. For a greater non-illusory end, which is the advancement of soul. This same idea is expressed (by Seth) in different form: while our physical experiences are ultimately "irrelevant" ... we had better approach them with the greatest of "reverence," he said. Perhaps this same concept is also the underlying meaning of the Buddhist doctrine of Two Truths.

I see much inter-relatedness in all the above. They're addressing the same thing essentially.

I believe at least some of the effects of iodine (on the emotional state) is related to this expanded access to higher densities. Even if only in momentary glimpses. So hence our confusion. But armed with all the session material (thanks to Laura,) there's fortunately a proper framework for understanding these odd feelings, however strange. We are not lost. I believe we all can work it through -- to its logical & beneficial end.

It simply takes courage ... and faith.

I could be wrong.

FWIW.

So far, I'm taking things slow based on good advice. Years ago, I only had planned parenthood to turn to for medical concerns. I began to exhibit symptoms like fatigue, dry skin, rashes, moderate weight gain, etc. Since thyroid issues are pretty big in my family, I knew this was not okay. It was not within the realm of local planned parenthood to deal with such matters, but they encouraged me to look into it as soon as possible. So once medical insurance was a part of my paycheck, of course I went in for the compulsory exam. The company doctor told me my constant fatigue was due to my employer and occupation (on one level I can't disagree) and refused to do thyroid related tests due to my "lack of symptoms." Almost a full year later, I stumble upon this thread.

Suddenly, I understand so much more about the nature of physiology, and I can't thank you enough. I started with topical iodine on a persistent rash and felt an immediate difference. Now, i've got selenium and Lugol's on hand and Celtic sea salt on the way, and I've never had this sense of knowledge and power over my own sense of wellbeing. Again, taking it slow. But so many thanks for enabling me to address what was, to my local medical community, a non-issue.

On a side note, the rash is gone. I suspect it was fungal in nature.

Laura said:
Well, in my experience, there's nothing like good chiropractic treatment/care. Ask around and see if you know anybody who has a good chiropractor. Otherwise, look online for any reviews. A good chiropractor will not tell you that "one shot will fix it" since it usually takes a series of treatments, like five or so, and then periodic upkeep.

After breaking my backside 16 months ago, my back/neck was a mess from months of sitting in an awkward position to accommodate the pain. My gal gave me a series of about 6 treatments, one every ten days or so, and now I only need to go if something goes kaflooey. It really put things back in place.

Years ago I had tennis elbow and headaches and it took about 8 treatments to get that sorted, though the first one did relieve the elbow thing almost completely.

Intermittant massage therapy is also useful. Not just a "feely good" massage, but a good therapist who knows different modalities and maybe can come to your home for the treatment.

Thanks for the tips, Laura. It's worth a shot, so I'll see if I can find somebody.

Merci pour tous vos partages et échanges instructifs...
Je prends chaque jour depuis plus d'un mois maintenant mon traitement :
• Lugol 12% à 3h du matin dans un verre d’eau vinaigrée
• ½ cuillère à café de sel marin Celtic dans un grand verre d'eau au lever
• 1 comprimé Vitamine B3 complexe au petit déjeuner
• 1 cuillerée Vitamine C dans un verre d’eau au petit déjeuner
• 2 cuillérées Glycine dans mon thé pour le sucré au petit déjeuner
• 1 comprimé sélénium au petit déjeuner
• 1 comprimé de charbon Marie au petit déjeuner et 3 au déjeuner le midi
• 1 comprimé magnésium 300 avant de dormir
Je m'alimente Chasseur/Cueilleur, sans gluten, sans sucre, avec huiles Olives et/ou Noix de Coco
Je ne prends pas de médicament
A part le nez qui coule très légèrement le matin, je ressens une douleur au niveau du foie depuis 4/5 jours...
sinon rien à signaler

Thank you for all your shares and informative exchanges ...
I take every day for over a month now my treatment:
• 12% Lugol at 3am in a glass of water and vinegar
• ½ teaspoon of Celtic sea salt in a glass of water at sunrise
• 1 tablet Vitamin B3 complex at breakfast
• 1 teaspoon Vitamin C in a glass of water at breakfast
• 2 tablespoons Glycine in my tea for sweet breakfast
• Selenium 1 tablet at breakfast
• 1 tablet of coal Marie at breakfast and lunch at noon at 3
• 300 mg 1 tablet before sleeping
I fed hunter / harvester, gluten, sugar, oils with Olives and / or Coconut
I do not take medication
Besides runny nose slightly in the morning, I feel a pain in the liver for 4-5 days ...
otherwise nothing to report

PERLOU said:
Besides runny nose slightly in the morning, I feel a pain in the liver for 4-5 days ...
otherwise nothing to report

Have you tried milk thistle, Perlou? It helps me well with my gall-bladder and liver. Wish you speedy recovery.

:hug:

PERLOU said:
Thank you for all your shares and informative exchanges ...
I take every day for over a month now my treatment:
• 12% Lugol at 3am in a glass of water and vinegar

I know a couple of people are doing it, but I would hesitate to put anything with the iodine.

PERLOU said:
• ½ teaspoon of Celtic sea salt in a glass of water at sunrise
• 1 tablet Vitamin B3 complex at breakfast
• 1 teaspoon Vitamin C in a glass of water at breakfast

You should be doing the vitamin C in the afternoon well away from the other supplements and iodine.

PERLOU said:
• 2 tablespoons Glycine in my tea for sweet breakfast

I don't know where you got the two tablespoons, (soup spoon) but you are only supposed to be taking 5 grams 3 times a day with 1000 mg of NAC. 5 grams is what is called a SCANT teaspoon.

Laura said:

Thanks for the tips, Laura. It's worth a shot, so I'll see if I can find somebody.

Just a quick comment about chiropractors and headaches from my experience.

Many years ago, I developed a headache that just didn't go away. It was so constant that even in my sleep I would dream of having a headache.

After visiting my MD and leaving with 'medication' (which by the way, I only took for a couple of days and did not work), my sister suggested I see her chiropractor - who was actually a chiropractor in training! So I saw him as she suggested. It took one treatment and the headache was gone. The problem was that my jaw was out of line. It seemed miraculous. But the headache never came back. And all the chiropractor did was put his fingers in my mouth, around my molars, and yank.

To this day, I see my chiropractor every six month. Not for anything other than "maintenance".

Laura said:
Well, in my experience, there's nothing like good chiropractic treatment/care.

Dito, whenever I start experiencing headache I know it is time to see a chiropractor.

Back
Top Bottom